HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,598
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 14
kland 9
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (ProdigalOne, dedication, Kevin H, Karen Y, Daryl, 1 invisible), 3,200 guests, and 19 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Is God omniscient? [Re: ashes] #193203
10/29/20 01:35 PM
10/29/20 01:35 PM
Daryl  Online Canadian

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
How do you explain all the prophecies of the Bible being fulfilled?

That alone proves to me that God does indeed exist and cares very much for this world that He loved so much as evidenced in the wording of John 3:16-17.

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Re: Is God omniscient? [Re: Nadi] #193205
10/29/20 02:44 PM
10/29/20 02:44 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted by Nadi
That would be true IF there was a God. But I am less and less of that inclination.

Whereas I was once a firm believer in God, due to his inaction and lack of care I no longer am, finding no evidence for any "caring god."

Maybe He's an uncaring God. That doesn't mean He doesn't exist.

Two questions, not one:
Does God exist?
If so, is He a caring God?

Re: Is God omniscient? [Re: ashes] #193206
10/30/20 12:02 PM
10/30/20 12:02 PM
T
Theophilus  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

Florida. USA
Uncaring?

" For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16

"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8

"35 Can anything ever separate us from Christ?s love? Does it mean he no longer loves us if we have trouble or calamity, or are persecuted, or hungry, or destitute, or in danger, or threatened with death? 36 (As the Scriptures say, ?For your sake we are killed every day; we are being slaughtered like sheep.?) 37 No, despite all these things, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loved us.38 And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God?s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow?not even the powers of hell can separate us from God?s love. 39 No power in the sky above or in the earth below?indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:35-39 NLT

All Scripture from:
https://www.biblegateway.com

Last edited by Theophilus; 10/30/20 12:06 PM.

I am not worthy of the least of all the mercies, and of all the truth, which Thou hast shewed unto Thy servant;...
Gen 32:10
Re: Is God omniscient? [Re: Theophilus] #193207
10/30/20 05:10 PM
10/30/20 05:10 PM
Daryl  Online Canadian

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Definitely caring!

It is the devil who would like people to believe that God doesn't care.

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Re: Is God omniscient? [Re: Theophilus] #193211
10/31/20 01:12 PM
10/31/20 01:12 PM
N
Nadi  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2020
Canada
Theophilus, that's kinda tone deaf. Quoting scripture won't convince someone who doesn't believe in a caring god.
(And by the way, Daryl, your saying so doesn't make it so.)

The only thing that would convince me of a loving, caring god would be to see churches full of loving caring Christians whose lives have been changed by the Holy Spirit.

WHICH I DON'T SEE.

Until 2017 I attended one of the largest SDA churches in Alberta. When I stopped attending NOT A SINGLE PERSON VISITED, PHONED, TEXTED, OR REACED OUT IN ANY WAY, INCLUDING ANY OF THE PASTORAL STAFF.

******* STAFF EDIT *******

Last edited by Daryl; 11/01/20 10:01 AM. Reason: Staff Edit to remove inappropriate wording.

"Our vision is often more obstructed by what we think we know than by our lack of knowledge." K. Stendahl
Re: Is God omniscient? [Re: ashes] #193212
11/01/20 01:13 AM
11/01/20 01:13 AM
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
--one of the largest SDA churches in Alberta.--

Large churches are not generally full of close knit members. In large churches one can slip in and out for years without even being recognized. Smaller churches are often much more caring, because they need each other and work together simply to keep the church alive.

Also consider -- the members are all struggling people as well, at various stages in their relationship with God,(even those we may think have it all together) a lot of them burdened down with "the cares of this world".
We can't judge God by what struggling human beings are and do.
We need to seek for Him for ourselves.

I know God cares from experience. So many things in my life where I see God's leading and care, even when (and especially when) things were tough. It's something I know, but as you say, someone telling you this won't convince you -- it's something a person must experience for themselves.

Re: Is God omniscient? [Re: Nadi] #193224
11/03/20 11:52 AM
11/03/20 11:52 AM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted by Nadi
Until 2017 I attended one of the largest SDA churches in Alberta. When I stopped attending NOT A SINGLE PERSON VISITED, PHONED, TEXTED, OR REACED OUT IN ANY WAY, INCLUDING ANY OF THE PASTORAL STAFF.
Consider what someone else in that congregation could be thinking:
Some people come and some people go, making it hard to get to know people.

Some people start coming, and you start feeling you're getting comfortable with them, to get to know them, then they stop coming without even so much as a goodbye.

New people come, but I figure they are just like the rest, here today, gone tomorrow, so I don't bother trying anymore.

Nadi, churches are full, just full of sinners. They have hurts and disappointments and inconsiderations. But a lot of time, it may not be anything against you. They are worried about themselves, wondering why no one speaks to them, are friendly to them, nor acknowledge them.

But does people reflect God? They should, but is that really an indication of God's character or an indication of people's character.

Should God force people to be caring?

Re: Is God omniscient? [Re: ashes] #193226
11/03/20 02:06 PM
11/03/20 02:06 PM
N
Nadi  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2020
Canada
So here's the thing...

1. There is a whole church full of people.
2. Assume all, or at least most, of the people are sincere and want God to lead in their lives.
3. Assume that they have surrendered their lives to God's control. (They have chosen God.)
4. God has said that he will "come and dwell in them." He will send the Holy Spirit to dwell in them.
5. The "Fruits of the Spirit" are Love, Joy, Peace, etc.
6. Of themselves they can do nothing. (John 15:5, others)
7. Therefore ALL must come from God. This includes sincerity, surrender, commitment, etc. because we can't do it ourselves.
8. IOW, GOD has to GIVE US sincerity, surrender, commitment, etc. because we can't do it ourselves.
9. This will result in happy, helpful, kind, loving honest, supportive Christians who attract others by their wonderful lives.

Here's my question: Where are all these happy, helpful, kind, loving honest, supportive Christians who attract others by their wonderful lives. I have to say I haven't found any. God hasn't changed MY life, as you can see by some of my posts. I still have just as much anger, stress, and anxiety as before. And i NEVER feel any "abiding presence of the Holy Spirit." And he hasn't changed the lives of most people on this forum, as judged by YOUR posts. And surely God would have one or two people, in a church of 1000+, who hear his voice saying "Nadi is struggling. Reach out to him."

NOPE.

So until God ups his game...,I have no use for a god like that.

"Our vision is often more obstructed by what we think we know than by our lack of knowledge." K. Stendahl
Re: Is God omniscient? [Re: ashes] #193229
11/04/20 10:57 PM
11/04/20 10:57 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
You do have a point in that it would be reasonable out of a large church, someone should have contacted you. How many do you think had your info?

But like Dedication said, maybe a smaller church would have a larger probability. I find in large churches, the people are fragmented and so if you aren't close to one of the fragments, you basically don't exist. Some large churches realize that and make efforts to ensure everyone is included in a smaller group. Some don't. Sorry you had a bad experience.

Consider Peter. He really messed up. Denied Christ. Then repented and Christ restated him among His followers. Peter was one of the leaders of the early church. He did miracles, healed people. He understood life after Christ. But then in Galations 2, Peter messed up bad and demeaned people and Paul had to rebuke him.

Why, what happened to Peter, who had been reflecting Christ, whose life had been changed, to cause this?

Re: Is God omniscient? [Re: ashes] #193240
11/06/20 02:24 PM
11/06/20 02:24 PM
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
https://billygraham.org/video/lord-please-tell-me-what-youre-doing/
This 1973 Billy Graham sermon excerpt is resonating with many during this time of great fear and uncertainty about the future: I put my trust in the Lord Jesus Christ. When all the rest of it fails and crumbles and shatters, He'll be there.

Above link is a short, one minute, excerpt from a sermon by Billy Graham back in 1973 --
Believing this can make all the difference in how one views the world.

Putting our trust in the LORD Jesus Christ!
I would add, to his list of what not to put our trust in ---to not put our trust in church members.

Anyway -- I fully believe the only hope for inner peace in this turbulent world of ours, is only in putting our trust in the LORD!

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/25/24 09:37 AM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by ProdigalOne. 04/28/24 02:30 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!