HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,600
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 14
kland 9
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, ProdigalOne, Kevin H, Daryl, 1 invisible), 3,131 guests, and 20 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 26 27
Re: Can the Law save us? [Re: Mountain Man] #99996
06/15/08 09:41 PM
06/15/08 09:41 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
 Quote:
TE: This revelation was necessary for man, unfallen worlds, and holy angels.

MM: But people like Enoch and Moses and Elijah made it to heaven before this revelation. Holy angels were content to serve God before this revelation.

DA quote again:

Quote:
(M)an was deceived; his mind was darkened by Satan's sophistry. The height and depth of the love of God he did not know. For him there was hope in a knowledge of God's love. By beholding His character he might be drawn back to God. (DA 762)

This is how Enoch and Moses and Elijah made it to heaven. God revealed His character and love to them through Christ as well as He has done to us.

Regarding the angels, they had doubts which were no removed until Christ's death on the cross (see "It Is Finished" in "The Desire of Ages," also you could search in EGW's writings for statements speaking of how the cross secured the universe).

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: Can the Law save us? [Re: Tom] #99999
06/15/08 09:56 PM
06/15/08 09:56 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Surely the angels were just as content to serve God as were Enoch, Moses, and Elijah, who believed before Jesus' revelation.

Re: Can the Law save us? [Re: Mountain Man] #100004
06/15/08 10:30 PM
06/15/08 10:30 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
I wrote:

Quote:
This revelation was necessary for man, unfallen worlds, and holy angels.

I explained why this was necessary.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: Can the Law save us? [Re: Tom] #100014
06/16/08 02:23 PM
06/16/08 02:23 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
And yet holy angels, as well as unfallen worlds, along with Enoch, Moses, and Elijah were content to serve God forever before Jesus' incarnation, before His revelation of God's character. How do you explain these facts? Don't they indicate these beings were already convinced God is forever worthy of their praise and worship? What more was needed to secure their love and devotion and obedience?

Re: Can the Law save us? [Re: Mountain Man] #100031
06/17/08 06:53 AM
06/17/08 06:53 AM
J
jennes  Offline
New Member (Starting to Post)
Jamaica
good morning brther,no the law can't save you but without law you can't be save because only through the law you know that you sin.read romans,2:1-29 thank you do have a blessed day.

Re: Can the Law save us? [Re: Mountain Man] #100052
06/17/08 07:38 PM
06/17/08 07:38 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
 Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
And yet holy angels, as well as unfallen worlds, along with Enoch, Moses, and Elijah were content to serve God forever before Jesus' incarnation, before His revelation of God's character. How do you explain these facts? Don't they indicate these beings were already convinced God is forever worthy of their praise and worship? What more was needed to secure their love and devotion and obedience?

Tom, how do you explain it?

Re: Can the Law save us? [Re: Mountain Man] #100065
06/18/08 01:47 AM
06/18/08 01:47 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
MM, I wrote:

Quote:
I wrote:

Quote:
This revelation was necessary for man, unfallen worlds, and holy angels.

I explained why this was necessary.

To which you responded:

Quote:

Does this mean you disagree with my statement that "this revelation was necessary for man, unfallen worlds, and holy angels."

Please be more clear in your responses. In another thread I commented that Christ in revealed in all Scripture, and you wrote a response which indicated that you disagreed with this assertion, then later explained that you didn't disagree.

Here you write, "and yet ..." which implies you disagree. However you haven't explicitly said so, and based on previous posts, it may be that you don't disagree. So rather than my wasting time on the assumption that you disagree with my assertion when maybe you really don't, please let me know where you stand on this. Specifically, do you disagree with the statement that "This revelation was necessary for man, unfallen worlds, and holy angels." ?

To respond to your questions brief:

1.Regarding Enoch et al, God revealed Christ to them.
2.Regarding the angels, they had doubts in regards to Satan's character until the cross, which had an impact on their service to God.

I'll explain in more detail after you respond to my question.

Re: Can the Law save us? [Re: Tom] #100079
06/18/08 03:14 PM
06/18/08 03:14 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
I'm trying to understand why the statement is true. Yes, I believe it, but certain facts are troubling. Since Enoch, Moses, and Elijah went to heaven before Jesus and Satan were unveiled I assume they were eternally secure before these two things happened. So, how can we say the holy angels and unfallen beings were less secure than Enoch, Moses, and Elijah before those two things happened? And if they were secure before Jesus and Satan were unveiled why was it necessary for these two things to happen? Was there more at stake?

Re: Can the Law save us? [Re: Mountain Man] #100098
06/19/08 04:15 PM
06/19/08 04:15 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
There are a couple of different issues involved. One is the Great Controversy, which involves God's being shown to be right in regards to the accusations Satan has made against him. Jesus, of course, was at the forefront in this, but the 144,000 will also have a role. Another issue is the salvation of individual human beings, such as Moses etc.

In order for anyone to be saved, regardless of when they live, some revelation of Jesus Christ is necessary. We are saved when the Holy Spirit makes a direct appeal to our hearts, and we respond to that appeal. This is not dependent upon when one lives, or the revelation of the cross as already having happened as opposed to not yet happening. I wasn't present when Christ died, yet the Holy Spirit was able to present that event to me as if I had been there, in fact, as even better than that because many who were there had no idea what was happening. God is able to do that for any human being, and did so for Moses, etc. They were saved by faith in a living Christ, an ever-present Savior, just the same as those who live after.

Back to your question as to the necessity of the cross. It should be clear to see that the Great Controversy could not have been resolved without the cross. The angels and unfallen worlds were convinced in regards to the respective characters of God and Satan at the cross, and the 144,000 would not be able to do the work they have to do without the cross.

Re: Can the Law save us? [Re: Tom] #100170
06/25/08 04:05 PM
06/25/08 04:05 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
But if knowing about Jesus' revelation of God's character before He died on the cross was sufficient to take Enoch, Moses, and Elijah to heaven, sufficient for them to feel secure and unafraid of God, why did Jesus actually have to die on the cross?

Also, were holy angels and unfallen beings less secure than Enoch, Moses, and Elijah before Jesus actually died on the cross?

Page 3 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 26 27

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/28/24 11:09 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/28/24 09:29 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!