HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,611
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 9
Daryl 4
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, Kevin H, Daryl, 2 invisible), 2,944 guests, and 16 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 29 of 55 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 54 55
Re: Are we born again with uncrucified sinful habits? [Re: Mountain Man] #102993
09/21/08 03:53 PM
09/21/08 03:53 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
MM, I have no idea why you are asking this. It seems like you just have a list of ways that God can communicate with us, and when I think of something you left out, you add that to your list. What's the use of this list? What's the point? Why can't we just stipulate like Scripture does that "God, at sundry times and in divers manners" speaks to us?

I guess another item that comes to mind is one can be instructed by ones parents, or by whomever one is raised. Or one can be influenced by another person whom one holds in respect.

Regarding the P.S. just because one cannot read nature completely correctly (i.e. "read it aright") without a saving knowledge of Christ does not mean that God does not use nature to communicate to men, or that men can learning nothing at all from nature. The point of her quote is that nature is not, of itself, sufficient. But its not being sufficient of itself does not mean it has no effect at all. I took this into account when including it.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: Are we born again with uncrucified sinful habits? [Re: Tom] #103037
09/22/08 06:54 PM
09/22/08 06:54 PM
Mountain Man  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
 Originally Posted By: Tom
MM, I have no idea why you are asking this.

Because you seem to believe people can read nature aright and at arrive at the truths contained in the first half of the law. I am not as convinced as you seem to be that this has ever happened. It goes to prove my point, which is - It is impossible to live in harmony with the first half of the law without learning about it first through one or more of the means and methods I listed above. Not only is nature not "of itself sufficient" it is impossible.

However, the fact people know instinctively, without ever having learned about it through the means and methods I listed above, it makes them miserable when they do things contrary to the last half of the law. IOW, they know dishonoring their parents, murdering someone, cheating on their spouse, stealing, lying, and coveting makes them miserable.

Re: Are we born again with uncrucified sinful habits? [Re: Mountain Man] #103039
09/22/08 06:55 PM
09/22/08 06:55 PM
Mountain Man  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
TE: Abraham ... was a heathen.

MM: Are you sticking to your story? I ask because she wrote, "Faithful among the faithless, uncorrupted by the prevailing apostasy, he steadfastly adhered to the worship of the one true God." Does this sound like a heathen to you?

MM: I believe God communicates truth to people through the oral Bible, through the written Bible, through religious tracts, pamphlets, and books, through missionaries, through angels, and through visions and dreams.

TE: Another thought that comes to mind are things written which are not Scripture.

MM: I already listed that one.

TE: If so, it looks like you left off God communicating through nature, and also the Holy Spirit communicating directly without a dream or vision.

MM: Ellen made it clear that people cannot read nature aright without a knowledge of the plan of salvation. They end up worshiping the creature rather than they Creator. Or, do you know of people who arrived at the truths contained in the first half of the law solely through nature without previous knowledge of the plan of salvation?

Also, what is an example of the Holy Spirit communicating directly rather than through dreams and visions? What doe she mean, "Ever since Adam's sin, the human race had been cut off from direct communion with God ..." {DA 116.2}

TE: You've suggested in the past that those in Romans 1 (around vs. 20) knew Scripture, but this goes contrary to Paul's argument, which is that all, without exception, are guilty.

MM: Here's what she wrote about the people Paul describes in Romans 1:

The children of Seth went "in the way of Cain" (Jude 11); they fixed their minds upon worldly prosperity and enjoyment and neglected the commandments of the Lord. Men "did not like to retain God in their knowledge;" they "became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened." Romans 1:21. Therefore "God gave them over to a mind void of judgment." Verse 28, margin. Sin spread abroad in the earth like a deadly leprosy. {PP 81.2}

And as men became bolder in sin, the knowledge and the love of God faded from their minds and hearts. "Because that, when they knew God, they glorified Him not as God," they "became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened." {5T 738.2}

Solomon had great learning; but his wisdom was foolishness; for he did not know how to stand in moral independence, free from sin, in the strength of a character molded after the divine similitude. Solomon has told us the result of his research, his painstaking efforts, his persevering inquiry. He pronounces his wisdom altogether vanity. . . "Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, and changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things" (Rom. 1:22, 23). {1SM 249.2}

[Rom 1:25, 21 quoted] So in Israel, man's teaching had been put in the place of God's. Not only the things of nature, but the sacrificial service and the Scriptures themselves--all given to reveal God--were so perverted that they became the means of concealing Him. {COL 18.2}

Re: Are we born again with uncrucified sinful habits? [Re: Mountain Man] #103064
09/22/08 09:21 PM
09/22/08 09:21 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
 Quote:
TE: Abraham ... was a heathen.

MM: Are you sticking to your story? I ask because she wrote, "Faithful among the faithless, uncorrupted by the prevailing apostasy, he steadfastly adhered to the worship of the one true God." Does this sound like a heathen to you?

I don't remember what the context is here (of our discussion). Anyone before being converted is technically a heathen:

Quote:
Paul tells us that Christ was revealed in him, that he might preach Him among the heathen. In the Revision we have the word "Gentiles" used instead of "heathen." There is no difference. The two words are used interchangeably in the English Bible, for wherever they occur, they are translated from only one Greek word, or, if it be in the Old Testament, the corresponding Hebrew word. Let us note a few instances.

In 1Cor.12:2 we read, "Ye know that ye were Gentiles, carried away unto these dumb idols, even as ye were led." This is from the ordinary word for "heathen," and the text itself shows that Gentiles are idol-worshipers--heathen. Take notice that the Corinthians "were Gentiles;" they ceased to be such on becoming Christians.

Eph.2:11,12: "Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands; that at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world." Surely, to be a Gentile is to be in a most unenviable condition.

We are told that "God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for His name." Acts 15:14. And James referred to the believers in Antioch and elsewhere as those who "from among the Gentiles are turned to God." God's people are taken out from among the Gentiles, but on being taken out, they cease to be Gentiles. Abraham, the father of Israel, was taken from among the heathen (Josh.24:2), so that all Israel are taken from among the Gentiles. Thus it is that "all Israel shall be saved" by the coming in of the fullness of the Gentiles. Rom.11:25,26.

In Ps.2:1-3 we might lawfully read, "Why do the Gentiles rage, and the people imagine a vain thing? The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the Lord, and against His anointed [that is, against Christ, for Christ means "anointed"], saying, Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us." How often we see this fulfilled in the cases of individuals, who, with a triumphant air, exclaim: "Show me a place where the Gentiles are commanded to keep the ten commandments!" meaning that they are Gentiles, and thinking thus to cast away from themselves the laws of God. It is no honorable class in which they place themselves. It is true that the Gentiles are not commanded to keep the commandments, as Gentiles, for that would be impossible; as soon as they accept Christ, and the law of the Spirit of life in Him, they cease to be Gentiles. How solicitous God is to save people from their Gentile state, is shown by His sending the apostle Paul (to say nothing of Christ) to bring them to Himself. (The Glad Tidings)

Quote:
TE: If so, it looks like you left off God communicating through nature, and also the Holy Spirit communicating directly without a dream or vision.

MM: Ellen made it clear that people cannot read nature aright without a knowledge of the plan of salvation.

I addressed this. Nature is not sufficient of itself, but nature is certainly used by God to communicate to man. You're not disputing this, are you?

Quote:
They end up worshiping the creature rather than they Creator. Or, do you know of people who arrived at the truths contained in the first half of the law solely through nature without previous knowledge of the plan of salvation?

I made very clear I wasn't speaking of "solely through".

Quote:
Also, what is an example of the Holy Spirit communicating directly rather than through dreams and visions?

Quote:
11And, behold, the LORD passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains, and brake in pieces the rocks before the LORD; but the LORD was not in the wind: and after the wind an earthquake; but the LORD was not in the earthquake:

12And after the earthquake a fire; but the LORD was not in the fire: and after the fire a still small voice. (1 Kings 19:11, 12)

Quote:
What doe she mean, "Ever since Adam's sin, the human race had been cut off from direct communion with God ..." {DA 116.2}

She means God does not communion with man as He did with Adam, where they walked each day.

Regarding Romans 1, we don't need Ellen White to interpret what Paul wrote! Paul told us himself!

Quote:
18For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

Just who would be left out by this? If the wrath of God is revealed against "all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men," this covers everyone. That should be clear.

So when Paul explain why:

Quote:
20For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

This includes everyone as well.

Now if that weren't enough, Paul says:

Quote:
9What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin;

10As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

11There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

12They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

13Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips:

14Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness:

15Their feet are swift to shed blood:

16Destruction and misery are in their ways:

17And the way of peace have they not known:

18There is no fear of God before their eyes.

19Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.

20Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

21But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

22Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

23For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; (Romans 3)

Paul's argument is universal. He starts in Romans 1 and continues through Romans 3 to show the universal need for Christ.

Back to Ellen White, your argument appears to be that because Ellen White applied Romans 1 to some specific person that what Paul wrote should be limited to the example Ellen White provided. A little thought should show this is not the case. For example, Ellen White applied "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life," to Nicodemus. Should we conclude from this that this only applies to him? Or that it only applies to people who have access to the Bible?

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: Are we born again with uncrucified sinful habits? [Re: Tom] #103105
09/24/08 02:28 PM
09/24/08 02:28 PM
Mountain Man  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
1. Do you believe Abraham was ever a heathen? If so, when and why?

2. Can people who nothing of Christ and Him crucified read nature aright and arrive at the truths contained in the first half of the law?

3. Since the fall of A&E, has the Holy Spirit ever directly communicated the truths contained in the first half of the law to someone who knows nothing of God?

4. Do the following descriptions in Romans 1 apply to people who nothing of God and the truths contained in the first half of the law: "who hold the truth in unrighteousness", "when they knew God, they glorified him not as God", "who changed the truth of God into a lie", "they did not like to retain God in their knowledge", and "who knowing the judgment of God".

Re: Are we born again with uncrucified sinful habits? [Re: Mountain Man] #103107
09/24/08 02:58 PM
09/24/08 02:58 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
 Quote:
1. Do you believe Abraham was ever a heathen? If so, when and why?

I addressed this in the post you are responding to.

Quote:
2. Can people who nothing of Christ and Him crucified read nature aright and arrive at the truths contained in the first half of the law?

I addressed this too, in the same post.

Quote:
3. Since the fall of A&E, has the Holy Spirit ever directly communicated the truths contained in the first half of the law to someone who knows nothing of God?

Why do you think there are people who know nothing of God? There are many Scriptures that contradict this idea. For example, Romans 1, John 1, Psalm 19. Everyone knows something of God. (In the John 1 reference, I have in mind that Jesus Christ is the light that enlightens everyone).

Quote:
4. Do the following descriptions in Romans 1 apply to people who nothing of God and the truths contained in the first half of the law: "who hold the truth in unrighteousness", "when they knew God, they glorified him not as God", "who changed the truth of God into a lie", "they did not like to retain God in their knowledge", and "who knowing the judgment of God".

No, it applies to people who know something of God, "because He has shown it to them."

Re: Are we born again with uncrucified sinful habits? [Re: Tom] #103142
09/25/08 07:03 AM
09/25/08 07:03 AM
C
crater  Offline
Veteran Member
United States
I don't very often get involved with the discussions that you two have, but father Abraham a "heathen"? Isn't a "heathen someone who isn't a descendent of Abraham or "an heir according to the promise"? a non Jew, Christian, or Muslim.

dictionary.com Gives the following definition for heathen, used as a noun.

Quote:
–noun 1.an unconverted individual of a people that do not acknowledge the God of the Bible; a person who is neither a Jew, Christian, nor Muslim; pagan.

Did Abraham ever not acknowledge the Creator God? Most people of Abrahams time would have had some awareness of the Creator God, but this knowlege became perverted in close parrell with moral decline.

Re: Are we born again with uncrucified sinful habits? [Re: crater] #103161
09/25/08 07:14 PM
09/25/08 07:14 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
 Quote:
I don't very often get involved with the discussions that you two have

You are wise beyond your years.

In Scripture, Abraham is presented as the son of an idol-worshiper, although MM presented additional information from the SOP, not in Scripture, which indicates that Abraham did not follow his father in this.

Part of your definition has "an unconverted individual," which is correct, from a Biblical standpoint. That is, any unconverted person, from a Biblical standpoint, is a gentile, or heathen ("heathen" = "gentile" in Scripture).

The quote I provided from Waggoner goes into this in detail.

Re: Are we born again with uncrucified sinful habits? [Re: Tom] #103256
09/28/08 02:49 PM
09/28/08 02:49 PM
Mountain Man  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Tom, I asked the questions above for the simple reason your previous answers were unclear to me. Asking me to reread them isn't helpful.

Also, if you truly believe everyone knows something about God you should be able to post proof. I can testify that I knew zero about God until I was 15 years old - unless you think knowing about God in the way I knew about the Easter bunny, Santa Claus, and the boogie man count as knowing something about God. Like the others, God was a fictional thing.

Again, I maintain everyone must learn about the truths contained in the first half of law through means and methods which do not include studying the natural world alone. Nothing you have said so far has proven otherwise.

And, it is crystal clear to me that everyone knows instinctively it makes them miserable to dishonor their parents, to murder someone, to cheat on their spouse, to steal, to lie, and to covet. True, they may harden their hearts and lose the ability over time to feel miserable, but this does not disprove the point.

The purpose in sharing these insights is to say - People are not born again with uncrucified sinful habits and the related traits of character. All of these habits and traits are confessed and crucified during the long, patient, protracted process that ends in rebirth. Not one of them is overlooked to be dealt with later on sometime after they are born again and baptized.

Re: Are we born again with uncrucified sinful habits? [Re: Mountain Man] #103265
09/28/08 05:06 PM
09/28/08 05:06 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
 Quote:
Tom, I asked the questions above for the simple reason your previous answers were unclear to me. Asking me to reread them isn't helpful.

If I write several paragraphs answering a question, and you simply ask it again, it seems my referring you to what I wrote is a reasonable response. If you didn't understand something, please specify what it is, and I'll explain in more detail.

Quote:
Also, if you truly believe everyone knows something about God you should be able to post proof.

I did. I cited Ps. 19 which says "there is no place where their voice is not heard," speaking of nature testifying of God. I quoted Romans 1, and explained how this was a part of an argument from God that all are guilty.

I also mentioned John 1:

Quote:
That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world. (John 1:9)

From the SOP:

Quote:
Upon all created things is seen the impress of the Deity. Nature testifies of God. (Ed 99)

Quote:
I can testify that I knew zero about God until I was 15 years old - unless you think knowing about God in the way I knew about the Easter bunny, Santa Claus, and the boogie man count as knowing something about God. Like the others, God was a fictional thing.

I was raised in a secular home, so I can relate to this, but God's word tells us that everyone knows something of God. I've related a few passages which tell us this, and can remember my own experience that before being converted, I knew that God existed.

Quote:
Again, I maintain everyone must learn about the truths contained in the first half of law through means and methods which do not include studying the natural world alone. Nothing you have said so far has proven otherwise.

Obviously if we are to know something of God, it must be God Himself who communicates it to us. No man can of himself find God. However, what's I've been disagreeing with you about does not have to do with this, but with certain distinctions you make between the first and second tables of the law. For example, you claim that no sin of ignorance can be committed which involves the second table of the law. This to me seems an utterly fantastic claim, of which I know of no one, outside of yourself, who believes this, and of which you have presented no evidence.

I believe that both tables of the law involve things which are learned from various sources. We learn about right and wrong, in part from instinct, in part from our parents, in part from other influences (I'm thinking of peers and friends here, not other non-human influences), in part from things we study, and in part from God, through His communications with us by way of the Holy Spirit, inspired works, or other methods He uses. It's not such a simple thing that we can say "this table is 100% instinct; this table isn't instinct."

Quote:
And, it is crystal clear to me that everyone knows instinctively it makes them miserable to dishonor their parents, to murder someone, to cheat on their spouse, to steal, to lie, and to covet.

What about "white lies"? Is it clear everyone knows this is wrong? What about if your parents want you to do something contrary to your conscience? Is it even 100% clear what one should do in such a circumstance? What if one is raised by someone other than one's parents? It is clear by instinct that one owes allegiance to one's parents in this circumstance? What about Paul, who said he would not have known coveting was wrong if not for the law? Should one tithe on one's pre-tax earnings, or post-tax? Would it be stealing if one tithed on one's post-tax earnings? Is this instinctive? What about polygamy? Or living together with someone without being married? Is it instinctive that these things are wrong?

I've brought up polygamy many times, and I recall your responding one time that it is instinctive that polygamy is wrong when it is unlawful. It should be self-evidence that this is impossible. Instinct can't cover situations which may or may not be unlawful. Clearly this is learned behavior.

What about killing someone in a war? Is this known instinctively to be wrong?

A thousand similar questions could be asked. There are many ethical questions involving the second table of the law which have taxed great minds for centuries. It's quite clear that these involve many things which are learned.

Quote:
The purpose in sharing these insights is to say - People are not born again with uncrucified sinful habits and the related traits of character.

Given your definition of terms, a "sinful habit" is a habit that one does, knowing it to be wrong. So you're just asserting that one cannot be born again while doing things one knows to be wrong. We've been agreeing about this from the beginning.

Quote:
All of these habits and traits are confessed and crucified during the long, patient, protracted process that ends in rebirth.

It looks from this statement that you are still confusing the wooing process of the Holy Spirit with the conversion process. The conversion process is not protracted; the wooing process is. Conversion often happens quickly. The Holy Spirit makes an appeal to the heart, and the soul gives itself to Christ.

Quote:
The wind is heard among the branches of the trees, rustling the leaves and flowers; yet it is invisible, and no man knows whence it comes or whither it goes. So with the work of the Holy Spirit upon the heart. It can no more be explained than can the movements of the wind. A person may not be able to tell the exact time or place, or to trace all the circumstances in the process of conversion; but this does not prove him to be unconverted. By an agency as unseen as the wind, Christ is constantly working upon the heart. Little by little, perhaps unconsciously to the receiver, impressions are made that tend to draw the soul to Christ. These may be received through meditating upon Him, through reading the Scriptures, or through hearing the word from the living preacher. Suddenly, as the Spirit comes with more direct appeal, the soul gladly surrenders itself to Jesus. By many this is called sudden conversion; but it is the result of long wooing by the Spirit of God,--a patient, protracted process. (DA 172)

The long protracted process refers to the work of the Holy Spirit to get the soul to the point to where it is ready to respond to an appeal. It's not referring to a process in which cultivated sinful habits are crucified one by one until there aren't any left, which seems to be your idea. (is it? or have I misunderstood?)

Quote:
Not one of them is overlooked to be dealt with later on sometime after they are born again and baptized.

All of them are overlooked that are unknown.

When I was converted, a teen-age girl presented the Gospel to me. I was like you, what you shared in a recent post, in terms of being ignorant about God. I knew He existed, but little else. But when the Gospel was presented to me, the Holy Spirit appealed to my heart. I knew it was true that Jesus Christ had died for me, and that the Holy Spirit was appealing for me to accept Him as My Savior.

I didn't have to give up any sinful habits to get to this point. The Holy Spirit didn't even bring them to my mind. I was aware of my need for Christ, and that I needed Him as my Savior.

This corresponds to what I just quoted above:

Quote:
Suddenly, as the Spirit comes with more direct appeal, the soul gladly surrenders itself to Jesus.

This is what conversion is, MM. Here's another SOP reference:

Quote:
How, then, are we to be saved? "As Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness," so the Son of man has been lifted up, and everyone who has been deceived and bitten by the serpent may look and live. "Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world." John 1:29. The light shining from the cross reveals the love of God. His love is drawing us to Himself. If we do not resist this drawing, we shall be led to the foot of the cross in repentance for the sins that have crucified the Saviour. Then the Spirit of God through faith produces a new life in the soul. The thoughts and desires are brought into obedience to the will of Christ. The heart, the mind, are created anew in the image of Him who works in us to subdue all things to Himself. Then the law of God is written in the mind and heart, and we can say with Christ, "I delight to do Thy will, O my God." Ps. 40:8. (DA 175)

The love of God draws us to the foot of the cross in repentance for our sins. We respond to that love, answering the knock of the door to our heart of Jesus Christ to come sup with us.

Back to my conversion experience. Immediately upon becoming converted, I saw things in a completely different way. It seemed God was everywhere and speaking to me though everything. I had never read the Bible, or had any interest in doing so, but immediately became interested in Scripture and started reading the New Testament. It was as if God Himself were speaking to me. The words seemed alive.

Did you accept Christ as your personal Savior? Assuming yes, wasn't your experience something like this?

Page 29 of 55 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 54 55

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/30/24 10:34 PM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Daryl. 05/01/24 07:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!