HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,631
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 20
kland 5
Daryl 2
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
Daryl
Daryl
Nova Scotia, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
4 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, Daryl, Kevin H), 3,310 guests, and 10 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
sodom and gomorrah #104326
11/08/08 05:31 AM
11/08/08 05:31 AM
teresaq  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2024

Very Dedicated Member
CA, USA
can anyone prove from the bible that sodom and gomorrah were destroyed for homosexuality?

Psa 64:5 ...an evil matter: they commune of laying snares privily; they say, Who shall see them?

Psa 7:14 Behold, he travaileth with iniquity, and hath conceived mischief, and brought forth falsehood. 15 He made a pit, and digged it, and is fallen into the ditch which he made. 16 His mischief (and his violent dealing) shall return upon his own head.

Psa 7:17 I will praise the LORD according to his righteousness: and will sing praise to the name of the LORD most high.
Re: sodom and gomorrah [Re: teresaq] #104328
11/08/08 08:20 AM
11/08/08 08:20 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
I will not attempt to say this will "prove" anything, for proof is a thing of the mind more than any other, and as the adage says, "A man convinced against his will will be of the same opinion still." Much of this is how a person chooses to look at it. However, to me, the argument is sufficiently convincing.

To begin with, let me point out that it is to be expected that such a sin as this, being of a sexual nature, would be couched in less than plain language. There is no virtue in beholding sin, though there is virtue in recognizing it enough to avoid it. The Bible makes it clear enough, without any more detail than necessary for us to identify the sin. Even when it is not sin, sexual intimacy is usually cloaked in terms like "know" or "lie with."

Now, notice the subject of this text:
Originally Posted By: The Bible

But the men of Sodom were wicked and sinners before the LORD exceedingly. (Genesis 13:13, KJV)

The Bible might have simply said "Sodom was a wicked city," or, "the people of Sodom were wicked;" but here it draws our attention to the men specifically: "the men of Sodom were wicked."

Here, once again, the use of "sodom" is focused on the menfolk:

There shall be no whore of the daughters of Israel, nor a sodomite of the sons of Israel. (Deuteronomy 23:17, KJV)

And here, the cities of Sodom and Gomorrha are specifically referenced in terms of sexual sin.

Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire. (Jude 1:7, KJV)

Notice especially the mention of "going after strange flesh." Paul, while not specifically mentioning Sodom, speaks of the sin of homosexuality, and how strange it is:

For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. (Romans 1:26-27, KJV)

Here it defines their sin as being a very serious one:

And the LORD said, Because the cry of Sodom and Gomorrah is great, and because their sin is very grievous; (Genesis 18:20, KJV)

However, I think the most convincing part is the story of the angels' visit to Sodom. God would not want us to think that He had arbitrarily destroyed Sodom for some small reason. It is proper that we should know the reason, that we might also take warning and turn away from the same sin ourselves.

Here is the story:

And there came two angels to Sodom at even; and Lot sat in the gate of Sodom: and Lot seeing them rose up to meet them; and he bowed himself with his face toward the ground;

And he said, Behold now, my lords, turn in, I pray you, into your servant's house, and tarry all night, and wash your feet, and ye shall rise up early, and go on your ways. And they said, Nay; but we will abide in the street all night.

And he pressed upon them greatly; and they turned in unto him, and entered into his house; and he made them a feast, and did bake unleavened bread, and they did eat.

But before they lay down, the men of the city, even the men of Sodom, compassed the house round, both old and young, all the people from every quarter:

And they called unto Lot, and said unto him, Where are the men which came in to thee this night? bring them out unto us, that we may know them.

And Lot went out at the door unto them, and shut the door after him,

And said, I pray you, brethren, do not so wickedly.

Behold now, I have two daughters which have not known man; let me, I pray you, bring them out unto you, and do ye to them as is good in your eyes: only unto these men do nothing; for therefore came they under the shadow of my roof.

And they said, Stand back. And they said again, This one fellow came in to sojourn, and he will needs be a judge: now will we deal worse with thee, than with them. And they pressed sore upon the man, even Lot, and came near to break the door.

But the men put forth their hand, and pulled Lot into the house to them, and shut to the door.

And they smote the men that were at the door of the house with blindness, both small and great: so that they wearied themselves to find the door.

And the men said unto Lot, Hast thou here any besides? son in law, and thy sons, and thy daughters, and whatsoever thou hast in the city, bring them out of this place:

For we will destroy this place, because the cry of them is waxen great before the face of the LORD; and the LORD hath sent us to destroy it. (Genesis 19:1-13, KJV)

In summary, I would point out three things: 1) Sodom is referred to by its "sin" in the singular [see Genesis 18:20, Lamentations 4:6]; 2) there is not one text in all of scripture referring to Sodom's sin in the plural form "sins"; and 3) the only sin clearly portrayed in the above story is that of homosexuality. These points, taken together, give us a clear picture of exactly which sin it was that provoked God to such an action against Sodom.

I hope that helps.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: sodom and gomorrah [Re: Green Cochoa] #104331
11/08/08 11:20 AM
11/08/08 11:20 AM
Tammy Roesch  Offline
North East OHIO
Thank you for that good study, Green Cochoa. Really appreciate that!

Christ is waiting with longing desire for the manifestation of Himself in His church. When the character of Christ shall be perfectly reproduced in His people, then He will come to claim them as His own. {COL 69}

Re: sodom and gomorrah [Re: Tammy Roesch] #104356
11/08/08 10:41 PM
11/08/08 10:41 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
The most disturbing thing about this story is the fact Lot was willing to give his daughters to the wicked as trade for the traveling wayfarers.

Re: sodom and gomorrah [Re: Mountain Man] #104386
11/09/08 02:15 AM
11/09/08 02:15 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
The most disturbing thing about this story is the fact Lot was willing to give his daughters to the wicked as trade for the traveling wayfarers.

I think he was likely prompted by the Holy Spirit to offer this, so that we would have a clear record of just how vile the men had become--rejecting this in lieu of the "strange." I am certain that the angels would have been just as interested in saving the daughters as they were for saving Lot.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: sodom and gomorrah [Re: Green Cochoa] #104426
11/09/08 07:01 PM
11/09/08 07:01 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
I tend to think Lot was a pretty messed up man. Yes, he possessed many admirable traits, but the fact he was willing to toss his daughters to the lustful mob indicates he wasn't perfect. Also, the fact he got drunk and fathered children with his daughters is incredibly messed up. Those children grew up to produce some of the bitterest enemies of God's chosen people.

Re: sodom and gomorrah [Re: Mountain Man] #104455
11/09/08 11:07 PM
11/09/08 11:07 PM
Servant  Offline
USA
Thank you Green Cochoa, for a clear, Biblical explanation!

Re: sodom and gomorrah [Re: Green Cochoa] #104472
11/10/08 05:23 AM
11/10/08 05:23 AM
teresaq  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2024

Very Dedicated Member
CA, USA
Originally Posted By: Green Cochoa
I will not attempt to say this will "prove" anything, for proof is a thing of the mind more than any other, and as the adage says, "A man convinced against his will will be of the same opinion still." Much of this is how a person chooses to look at it. However, to me, the argument is sufficiently convincing.

To begin with, let me point out that it is to be expected that such a sin as this, being of a sexual nature, would be couched in less than plain language. There is no virtue in beholding sin, though there is virtue in recognizing it enough to avoid it. The Bible makes it clear enough, without any more detail than necessary for us to identify the sin. Even when it is not sin, sexual intimacy is usually cloaked in terms like "know" or "lie with."

Now, notice the subject of this text:

But the men of Sodom were wicked and sinners before the LORD exceedingly. (Genesis 13:13, KJV)

The Bible might have simply said "Sodom was a wicked city," or, "the people of Sodom were wicked;" but here it draws our attention to the men specifically: "the men of Sodom were wicked."

Here, once again, the use of "sodom" is focused on the menfolk:

There shall be no whore of the daughters of Israel, nor a sodomite of the sons of Israel. (Deuteronomy 23:17, KJV)

And here, the cities of Sodom and Gomorrha are specifically referenced in terms of sexual sin.

Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire. (Jude 1:7, KJV)

Notice especially the mention of "going after strange flesh." Paul, while not specifically mentioning Sodom, speaks of the sin of homosexuality, and how strange it is:

For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. (Romans 1:26-27, KJV)

Here it defines their sin as being a very serious one:

And the LORD said, Because the cry of Sodom and Gomorrah is great, and because their sin is very grievous; (Genesis 18:20, KJV)

However, I think the most convincing part is the story of the angels' visit to Sodom. God would not want us to think that He had arbitrarily destroyed Sodom for some small reason. It is proper that we should know the reason, that we might also take warning and turn away from the same sin ourselves.

Here is the story:

And there came two angels to Sodom at even; and Lot sat in the gate of Sodom: and Lot seeing them rose up to meet them; and he bowed himself with his face toward the ground;

And he said, Behold now, my lords, turn in, I pray you, into your servant's house, and tarry all night, and wash your feet, and ye shall rise up early, and go on your ways. And they said, Nay; but we will abide in the street all night.

And he pressed upon them greatly; and they turned in unto him, and entered into his house; and he made them a feast, and did bake unleavened bread, and they did eat.

But before they lay down, the men of the city, even the men of Sodom, compassed the house round, both old and young, all the people from every quarter:

And they called unto Lot, and said unto him, Where are the men which came in to thee this night? bring them out unto us, that we may know them.

Behold now, I have two daughters which have not known man; let me, I pray you, bring them out unto you, and do ye to them as is good in your eyes: only unto these men do nothing; for therefore came they under the shadow of my roof.

And they said, Stand back. And they said again, This one fellow came in to sojourn, and he will needs be a judge: now will we deal worse with thee, than with them. And they pressed sore upon the man, even Lot, and came near to break the door.

But the men put forth their hand, and pulled Lot into the house to them, and shut to the door.

And they smote the men that were at the door of the house with blindness, both small and great: so that they wearied themselves to find the door.

And the men said unto Lot, Hast thou here any besides? son in law, and thy sons, and thy daughters, and whatsoever thou hast in the city, bring them out of this place:

For we will destroy this place, because the cry of them is waxen great before the face of the LORD; and the LORD hath sent us to destroy it. (Genesis 19:1-13, KJV)

In summary, I would point out three things: 1) Sodom is referred to by its "sin" in the singular [see Genesis 18:20, Lamentations 4:6]; 2) there is not one text in all of scripture referring to Sodom's sin in the plural form "sins"; and 3) the only sin clearly portrayed in the above story is that of homosexuality. These points, taken together, give us a clear picture of exactly which sin it was that provoked God to such an action against Sodom.

I hope that helps.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

that certainly was some reasoning to come to that conclusion. what if we did away with most of the human reasoning and logic and looked at the bible alone?

Psa 64:5 ...an evil matter: they commune of laying snares privily; they say, Who shall see them?

Psa 7:14 Behold, he travaileth with iniquity, and hath conceived mischief, and brought forth falsehood. 15 He made a pit, and digged it, and is fallen into the ditch which he made. 16 His mischief (and his violent dealing) shall return upon his own head.

Psa 7:17 I will praise the LORD according to his righteousness: and will sing praise to the name of the LORD most high.
Re: sodom and gomorrah [Re: teresaq] #106522
12/25/08 03:51 PM
12/25/08 03:51 PM
Daryl  Online Canadian

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted By: teresaq

that certainly was some reasoning to come to that conclusion. what if we did away with most of the human reasoning and logic and looked at the bible alone?

Wasn't looking at the Bible alone done here in Green Cochoa's post?

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Re: sodom and gomorrah [Re: Daryl] #106530
12/25/08 07:11 PM
12/25/08 07:11 PM
teresaq  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2024

Very Dedicated Member
CA, USA
Originally Posted By: Daryl Fawcett
Originally Posted By: teresaq

Wasn't looking at the Bible alone done here in Green Cochoa's post?

yes, he did use a lot of bible in his post. now if we took away his words what would we get?

Re: sodom and gomorrah [Re: Green Cochoa] #106531
12/25/08 07:14 PM
12/25/08 07:14 PM
teresaq  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2024

Very Dedicated Member
CA, USA
cutting out the human reasoning. but even still we are so programmed into thinking a certain way that the only way to see what these verses, in addition to the ones that were left out, say is to ask God to cleanse us of all tradition.

for those who believe sdas have no "tradition" in our religion, i would strongly suggest we try it and see what all comes up. but, it doesnt come up over night, but over time.

I hope that helps.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

Last edited by teresaq; 12/25/08 07:17 PM.

Re: sodom and gomorrah [Re: teresaq] #106532
12/25/08 07:41 PM
12/25/08 07:41 PM
teresaq  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2024

Very Dedicated Member
CA, USA
Quote:
Deu 23:17 There shall be no whore of the daughters of Israel, nor a sodomite of the sons of Israel.

H6945 qâdêsh kaw-dashe'
From H6942; a (quasi) sacred person, that is, (technically) a (male) devotee (by prostitution) to licentious idolatry: - sodomite, unclean.

the question is, is "sodomite" a biblical word or a word we made up?

this is how ellen white uses the word "sodomite" but this is only two places where she touches on the sins of sodom.

Quote:
The dwellers in Sodom were corrupt; vile conversation greeted his ears daily, and his righteous soul was vexed by the violence and crime which he was powerless to prevent. His children were becoming like these wicked people; for association with them had perverted their morals. Taking all these things into consideration, the worldly riches he had gained seemed small, not worth the price he had paid for them. His family connections were extensive, his children having married among the Sodomites. {RH, November 14, 1882 par. 5}

Quote:
Men have lifted themselves up in pride and self-sufficiency, casting down the needy and oppressing the hireling in his wages. Against them have been registered covetousness, pride, and self-indulgence. They show contempt for the laws which govern God's kingdom. God has borne long with them; but in response to His amazing forbearance, men are approaching that degree of iniquity which the antediluvians reached, to perish in the waters of the flood, and which the Sodomites reached, to be destroyed by fire from heaven. {RH, September 17, 1901 par. 5}

Re: sodom and gomorrah [Re: teresaq] #106608
12/27/08 08:44 PM
12/27/08 08:44 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
By the way, who said S&G was destroyed because they indulged the sin of homosexuality? The following passages indicate the twin cities were destroyed because of many species of sins:

Quote:
As long as Satan lives, his efforts will be constant and untiring to make the world as wicked as before the Flood and as licentious as were the inhabitants of Sodom and Gomorrah. {TMK 267.3}

The gratification of unnatural appetite led to the sins that caused the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah. God ascribes the fall of Babylon to her gluttony and drunkenness. Indulgence of appetite and passion was the foundation of all their sins. {CD 147.3}

This is a crime [men masturbating young women] in the sight of God and I cannot cover it over as a light matter. It is a Sodomitish sin. It is tainting and polluting in all its tendencies, and an abomination in the sight of a holy God. It is practicing iniquity. {TSB 125.1}

Sin has prevailed since the fall. While a few have remained faithful to God, the great majority have corrupted their ways before him. The destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah was on account of their great wickedness. They gave loose rein to their intemperate appetites, then to their corrupt passions, until they were so debased, and their sins were so abominable, that their cup of iniquity was full, and they were consumed with fire from heaven. {4aSG 121.3}

The inhabitants of the Noachian world were destroyed because they were corrupted through the indulgence of perverted appetite. Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed through the gratification of unnatural appetite, which so benumbed the intellect that they could not discern the difference between the sacred claims of God and the clamor of appetite. The latter enslaved them, and they became so ferocious and bold in their detestable abominations that God would not tolerate them upon the earth. God ascribes the wickedness of Babylon to her gluttony and drunkenness. {3T 162.2}

The pursuit of pleasure and amusement centers in the cities. Many parents who choose a city home for their children, thinking to give them greater advantages, meet with disappointment, and too late repent their terrible mistake. The cities of today are fast becoming like Sodom and Gomorrah. The many holidays encourage idleness. The exciting sports--theatergoing, horse racing, gambling, liquor-drinking, and reveling--stimulate every passion to intense activity. The youth are swept away by the popular current. Those who learn to love amusement for its own sake open the door to a flood of temptations. They give themselves up to social gaiety and thoughtless mirth, and their intercourse with pleasure lovers has an intoxicating effect upon the mind. They are led on from one form of dissipation to another, until they lose both the desire and the capacity for a life of usefulness. Their religious aspirations are chilled; their spiritual life is darkened. All the nobler faculties of the soul, all that link man with the spiritual world, are debased. {COL 54.3}

Re: sodom and gomorrah [Re: Mountain Man] #106622
12/27/08 10:52 PM
12/27/08 10:52 PM
teresaq  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2024

Very Dedicated Member
CA, USA
go visit the ************************** which is temporarily offline for awhile.

========

As we want the discussion to be held and continued here, we do not encourage this type of a response to go to another site, therefore, the names of those sites have been removed. - Daryl Fawcett, Administrator.

Last edited by Daryl Fawcett; 12/31/08 10:41 PM.

Re: sodom and gomorrah [Re: teresaq] #115906
07/13/09 04:52 AM
07/13/09 04:52 AM
teresaq  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2024

Very Dedicated Member
CA, USA
The crowd became more clamorous in their cries to have Lot bring forth the strangers to them; for they had become so base through the indulgence of evil passions, that every good thought had been uprooted, and reason was so clouded that they would even do violence to the angels of heaven. {ST, October 9, 1893 par. 6}

The angels had come to see if there were any in the city who were not corrupted, and could be persuaded to flee from the impending doom that threatened Sodom....The night of the destruction of Sodom the inhabitants of the city were doing that which they had been doing through all their past life.....Lot expostulated with them at his door, and refused to permit them to do violence to the strangers who were in his house.

Deu 23:17 There shall be no whore of the daughters of Israel, nor a sodomite of the sons of Israel.

H6945 kaw-dashe'
From H6942; a (quasi) sacred person, that is, (technically) a (male) devotee (by prostitution) to licentious idolatry: - sodomite, unclean.

esv Deu 23:17 "None of the daughters of Israel shall be a cult prostitute, and none of the sons of Israel shall be a cult prostitute.

"sodomite" is a word that came into use millenia past the event.

a search of how ellen white uses the word should erase all misunderstandings as to what a sodomite is.

Re: sodom and gomorrah [Re: teresaq] #115915
07/13/09 03:26 PM
07/13/09 03:26 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Yes, sodomy is sexual perversion. No doubt about it. But S&G were destroyed for many reasons. Ellen White explains it in the following passages:

The inhabitants of the Noachian world were destroyed because they were corrupted through the indulgence of perverted appetite. Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed through the gratification of unnatural appetite, which so benumbed the intellect that they could not discern the difference between the sacred claims of God and the clamor of appetite. The latter enslaved them, and they became so ferocious and bold in their detestable abominations that God would not tolerate them upon the earth. God ascribes the wickedness of Babylon to her gluttony and drunkenness. {3T 162.2}

The pursuit of pleasure and amusement centers in the cities. Many parents who choose a city home for their children, thinking to give them greater advantages, meet with disappointment, and too late repent their terrible mistake. The cities of today are fast becoming like Sodom and Gomorrah. The many holidays encourage idleness. The exciting sports--theatergoing, horse racing, gambling, liquor-drinking, and reveling--stimulate every passion to intense activity. The youth are swept away by the popular current. Those who learn to love amusement for its own sake open the door to a flood of temptations. They give themselves up to social gaiety and thoughtless mirth, and their intercourse with pleasure lovers has an intoxicating effect upon the mind. They are led on from one form of dissipation to another, until they lose both the desire and the capacity for a life of usefulness. Their religious aspirations are chilled; their spiritual life is darkened. All the nobler faculties of the soul, all that link man with the spiritual world, are debased. {COL 54.3}

Re: sodom and gomorrah [Re: Mountain Man] #115925
07/13/09 06:03 PM
07/13/09 06:03 PM
teresaq  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2024

Very Dedicated Member
CA, USA
agreed. she has a lot to say about sodom and gomorrah and us, that we overlook when focused on one point that isnt even stated in the bible or sop. smile

Jesus, Who was present, at the time of sodom and gomorrah, does not equate the overthrow to "homosexuality" so why do we?

Mat 10:14 And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.
Mat 10:15 Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.

or perhaps some are afraid that homosexuality is being condoned by those who prefer to see what the real point is......

Re: sodom and gomorrah [Re: teresaq] #115952
07/13/09 08:39 PM
07/13/09 08:39 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Ah, yes, the homophobes. Too bad. How sad. The Bible and the SOP are very clear about God's attitude toward homosexuality and homosexuals. We don't need to turn the story of S&G into something it isn't in order to condemn homosexuality. However, more to the point - We need to search the Scriptures and the SOP to learn how to love the sinner and not hate them on account of their sin.

Re: sodom and gomorrah [Re: Mountain Man] #115957
07/13/09 10:18 PM
07/13/09 10:18 PM
teresaq  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2024

Very Dedicated Member
CA, USA
i really respect you, my brother, in spite of some of our differences. smile

Re: sodom and gomorrah [Re: teresaq] #115982
07/14/09 02:01 PM
07/14/09 02:01 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Thank you. The feeling is mutual.

Re: sodom and gomorrah [Re: teresaq] #123502
02/22/10 12:03 AM
02/22/10 12:03 AM
S
StewartC  Offline
Active Member 2011
Posting New Member
Arizona , USA
I cannot see a reference to the thought in Ezekiel, but to me it is a relevant Scripture too.

Eze 16:48-49
"As I live, saith the Lord GOD, Sodom thy sister has not done, she nor her daughters, as thou [Jerusalem] hast done, thou and thy daughters.
Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy."

Re: sodom and gomorrah [Re: StewartC] #123513
02/22/10 07:44 AM
02/22/10 07:44 AM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: StewartC
I cannot see a reference to the thought in Ezekiel, but to me it is a relevant Scripture too.

Eze 16:48-49
"As I live, saith the Lord GOD, Sodom thy sister has not done, she nor her daughters, as thou [Jerusalem] hast done, thou and thy daughters.
Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy."

Thx for reviving this important topic. Aren't we, so call "Christians", guilty of all those sins and more? Despite of the sins of S&G and ours, I believe God did not destroy S&G, nor for the reasons of sins. It was because of the reason of the accusations that was coming to him from the Accusator against S&G. Then God gave up S&G in the hands of the Destroyer, because the Accusator had many strongs evidence or "FACTS".

Look at this following quote found at another forum :
Quote:
Quote:
How can I GIVE YOU UP Ephraim? How can I HAND YOU OVER, Israel? How can I make you like Admah? How can I set you like Zeboiim? My heart churns within Me. My sympathy is stirred".(Hosea 11:8)
In this verse God use the name of Ephraim to denote the entire Israel. He say that He will "hand over" and "give up" the Israel to destruction as He GAVE UP or HAND OVER Admah and Zeboim. Who are Admah and Zeboim?
Quote:
"And that the whole land thereof is brimstone, and salt, and burning, that it is not sown, nor beareth, nor any grass groweth therein, like the overthrow of Sodom, and Gomorrah, Admah, and Zeboim, which the LORD overthrew in his anger, and in his wrath:" Deut. 29.23
So, according to Hosea, these four cities were handed over and given up to destruction by God.

Deuteronomy 29:23 and Genesis 14:2,8 give the names of all four cities destroyed when God poured fire upon the Cities of the Plain: Sodom, Gomorrah, Admah, and Zeboiim. According to Hosea, then, these last two cities, and by implication, Sodom and Gomorrah with them, were handed over and given up to destruction.

Blessings
Re: sodom and gomorrah [Re: Elle] #123514
02/22/10 08:02 AM
02/22/10 08:02 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
And the LORD said, Shall I hide from Abraham that thing which I do; ...And the LORD said, Because the cry of Sodom and Gomorrah is great, and because their sin is very grievous; I will go down now, and see whether they have done altogether according to the cry of it, which is come unto me; and if not, I will know. And the men turned their faces from thence, and went toward Sodom: but Abraham stood yet before the LORD. And Abraham drew near, and said, Wilt thou also destroy the righteous with the wicked? ...And the LORD said, If I find in Sodom fifty righteous within the city, then I will spare all the place for their sakes. ...(Genesis 18:17, 21-23, 26)

I think it's interesting that God did not even need to tell Abraham what He was going to do. I skipped a few verses for brevity, but if you look them up yourself, you will see that God does not tell Abraham what He's going to do. He only asks if He should hide what He will do from Abraham. Abraham senses, or knows, without God saying so, unless we are to conclude that the Bible has not recorded all of what God said.

Yet it is clear that Abraham and God have a conversation about whether or not God would destroy Sodom. We also have the record that:

"...the LORD destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah..." Genesis 13:10

We also have Jude telling us that Sodom and Gomorrah suffered the vengeance of God (eternal fire).

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

Re: sodom and gomorrah [Re: Green Cochoa] #123515
02/22/10 09:51 AM
02/22/10 09:51 AM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Hi Green, I really don't want to open up a 100+ page discussion of "Does God Kill" debate here. You know how those goes on endlessly as we can find the "letter" saying one thing, then you find some "letter" saying another thing. We all know that Christ encourages us to read the Bible with the "Spirit". Right? So let's seek the Spirit here.

I have highlighted an important part in your Biblical quote below:

And the LORD said, Shall I hide from Abraham that thing which I do; ...And the LORD said, Because the cry of Sodom and Gomorrah is great, and because their sin is very grievous; I will go down now, and see whether they have done altogether according to the cry of it, which is come unto me; and if not, I will know. And the men turned their faces from thence, and went toward Sodom: but Abraham stood yet before the LORD. And Abraham drew near, and said, Wilt thou also destroy the righteous with the wicked? ...And the LORD said, If I find in Sodom fifty righteous within the city, then I will spare all the place for their sakes. ...(Genesis 18:17, 21-23, 26)

We all know that God knows all things, why does God say that He needs to see if it's true concerning this "Cry" that came to him. Who made that "Cry"? Isn't the same person who made a "Cry" against Job? Isn't it the Accusator? SATAN?

Originally Posted By: Green
Yet it is clear that Abraham and God have a conversation about whether or not God would destroy Sodom. We also have the record that:

"...the LORD destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah..." Genesis 13:10

Tell me who killed the firstborns of Egypt?

Blessings
Re: sodom and gomorrah [Re: Elle] #123516
02/22/10 10:57 AM
02/22/10 10:57 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Elle,

God did exactly what He told Abraham He would do. In spite of His knowledge of Sodom and Gomorrah, He actually tested them Himself one more time, before destroying them. Sure enough, the angels God sent there were treated despicably. So vile was the sin of Sodom that we like not to think of it. And God destroyed them.

Regarding the passage in Ezekiel, Ellen White highlights the fact that Ezekiel is speaking of the causes of Sodom's sin, and not so much the sin itself for which it was destroyed.
Originally Posted By: Ellen White
Instead of the crowded city seek some retired situation where your children will be, so far as possible, shielded from temptation, and there train and educate them for usefulness. The prophet Ezekiel thus enumerates the causes that led to Sodom's sin and destruction: "Pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy." All who would escape the doom of Sodom must shun the course that brought God's judgments upon that wicked city. {AH 138.3}

Further, Mrs. White tells us what we could have easily assumed from witnessing the conversation between God and Abraham which I highlighted in my previous post.

We read [in Genesis 18] of visitors coming to Abraham as he was sitting in the door of his tent. . . . These were angels of God, and one of them was no less than the Son of God. When these guests came up to his tent, they were strangers, but he observed the rules of true courtesy toward them. The Word of God tells us to “be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.” Abraham did this. And when the heavenly guests made themselves known to Abraham, they told him what their purpose was in regard to Sodom. . . . And while Abraham was not in Sodom, was not connected with Sodom, yet we see that he had an intense interest that Sodom should not be destroyed if God could spare it.—Manuscript 19, 1886. {CTr 73.5}

Will Satan rain fire upon his own head, to destroy himself in the end?

Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded; but the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all. Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed. (Luke 17:28-30)

The destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah symbolizes to us how this world will be destroyed by fire.

Though the Sodomites suffered God's vengeance, they did not suffer as much as Jesus did.
It is a fearful thing for the unrepenting sinner to fall into the hands of the living God. This is proved by the history of the destruction of the old world by a flood, by the record of the fire which fell from heaven and destroyed the inhabitants of Sodom. But never was this proved to so great an extent as in the agony of Christ, the Son of the infinite God, when he bore the wrath of God for a sinful world. It was in consequence of sin, the transgression of God's law, that the Garden of Gethsemane has become pre-eminently the place of suffering to a sinful world. No sorrow, no agony, can measure with that which was endured by the Son of God. {AG 168.3}

Elle,

If one accepts the Bible as truth, and if one accepts Mrs. White as bearing God's message to us, there is no other conclusion that one can come to other than that God Himself acted to destroy Sodom and the cities of the plain. The Bible says He did. Mrs. White says so as well. We cannot safely "spiritualize away" the message of the Bible by attributing to God's Enemy that which He himself has done. It is better to recognize that God will one day judge us, just as He has judged past generations upon this earth.

In mercy to the world, God blotted out its wicked inhabitants in Noah's time. In mercy he destroyed the corrupt dwellers in Sodom. Through the deceptive power of Satan, the workers of iniquity obtain sympathy and admiration, and are thus constantly leading others to rebellion. It was so in Cain's and in Noah's day, and in the time of Abraham and Lot; it is so in our time. It is in mercy to the universe that God will finally destroy the rejecters of his grace. {GC88 543.3}

Instead of questioning whether or not God did destroy them, we should seek to understand why. If it seems incomprehensible to us that God would destroy, perhaps we need to re-evaluate our assumptions.

The Bible says Sodom was supposed to be an example to us. Yet if we deny the example, and say it wasn't so, what benefit have we received from it?

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

Re: sodom and gomorrah [Re: Green Cochoa] #123517
02/22/10 11:07 AM
02/22/10 11:07 AM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
You forgot to answer my question :

Tell me who killed the firstborns of Egypt?

Blessings
Re: sodom and gomorrah [Re: Elle] #123518
02/22/10 11:11 AM
02/22/10 11:11 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
I didn't answer that one because it is out of scope for this thread. I have answered that before in another thread. This topic is for Sodom and Gomorrah.

However, considering that Sodom and Gomorrah were to be an example for us, we should learn some lessons from them which we might apply in other places throughout the Bible, including the destructive plagues upon Egypt.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

Re: sodom and gomorrah [Re: StewartC] #123529
02/22/10 06:30 PM
02/22/10 06:30 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA

Eze 16:48-49 "As I live, saith the Lord GOD, Sodom thy sister has not done, she nor her daughters, as thou [Jerusalem] hast done, thou and thy daughters. Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy."

Interesting that it doesn't list homosexuality along with the other sins. Like Elle said, the sins listed above are very prevalent nowadays. Pretty sad, eh!

Re: sodom and gomorrah [Re: Mountain Man] #123535
02/22/10 06:50 PM
02/22/10 06:50 PM
S
StewartC  Offline
Active Member 2011
Posting New Member
Arizona , USA
I think one of the most striking features of the thought in Ezekiel 16, is that Sodom was "more righteous" than Jerusalem. (Eze 16:52)

And if righteousness exalts a nation, then it appears that in the judgment, Sodom will be exalted above many of the Jews. It will be "more tolerable", and there will be comparatively "few stripes" [ultimately, shorter time in the lake of fire], for many of her people, compared to the people of Jerusalem.

Re: sodom and gomorrah [Re: StewartC] #123537
02/22/10 06:56 PM
02/22/10 06:56 PM
S
StewartC  Offline
Active Member 2011
Posting New Member
Arizona , USA
When Jerusalem was confronted with the great siege, in which Solomon's Temple would be destroyed, a part of Jeremiah's lamentation was that,

"the punishment of the iniquity of the daughter of my people is greater than the punishment of the sin of Sodom, that was overthrown as in a moment, and no hands stayed on her." (Lam 4:6)

Sodom's punishment was sudden, and all hands were lost "as in a moment". Jerusalem's "punishment" and suffering was far greater. Sodom's death was much easier... there was mercy in it.

Re: sodom and gomorrah [Re: Mountain Man] #123544
02/23/10 12:50 AM
02/23/10 12:50 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient

Eze 16:48-49 "As I live, saith the Lord GOD, Sodom thy sister has not done, she nor her daughters, as thou [Jerusalem] hast done, thou and thy daughters. Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy."

Interesting that it doesn't list homosexuality along with the other sins. Like Elle said, the sins listed above are very prevalent nowadays. Pretty sad, eh!

Mike, yes those sins are prevalent today. It is also becoming very prevalent to see the sins of homosexuality today. Even visiting such a popular and "neutral" site such as Yahoo Answers one can see a thriving LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgendered) community, and they all seem to be encouraging each other in their wickedness in a "group think" sort of way. Their reasoning seems to be that if others are this way, it is "normal," and if it is normal, then it cannot be wrong.

But, Mrs. White speaks specifically of that statement in Ezekiel that those sins were the causes of the greater sins for which Sodom was destroyed. We know that "idleness is the devil's workshop." Sodom was a good example of this.

Instead of the crowded city seek some retired situation where your children will be, so far as possible, shielded from temptation, and there train and educate them for usefulness. The prophet Ezekiel thus enumerates the causes that led to Sodom's sin and destruction: "Pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy." All who would escape the doom of Sodom must shun the course that brought God's judgments upon that wicked city. {AH 138.3}

These sins, in other words, are not the ones for which they were destroyed, but rather the ones which goaded them into more heinous sins, sins so perverse they are not mentioned. Throughout the Bible and Mrs. White's writings as well, the authors seem to use "sin of Sodom" or similar in place of the unmentionable.

Mrs. White never used the words "homosexual" or "lesbian" in any of their forms. (NOTE: The compilers/editors added the word "homosexual" to the editorial notes twice, but these appeared in 1977 and in 1989 and are not Mrs. White's words.) Neither are these words ever found in the Bible. They are unmentionables, and remain nameless. The "sin of Sodom" is as near the Bible authors come to speaking of it, and yet the story of what the men wished to do unto the angels is so sharply clear as to leave no doubt.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

Re: sodom and gomorrah [Re: Green Cochoa] #123547
02/23/10 03:29 PM
02/23/10 03:29 PM
Rosangela  Offline
5500+ Member
Brazil
Quote:
Quote:
The prophet Ezekiel thus enumerates the causes that led to Sodom's sin and destruction: "Pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy." All who would escape the doom of Sodom must shun the course that brought God's judgments upon that wicked city. {AH 138.3}

These sins, in other words, are not the ones for which they were destroyed, but rather the ones which goaded them into more heinous sins, sins so perverse they are not mentioned.

The following passage confirms this:

We are not ignorant of the fall of Sodom because of the corruption of its inhabitants. The prophet has here [Eze. 16:49] specified the particular evils which led to dissolute morals. We see the very sins now existing in the world which were in Sodom and which brought upon her the wrath of God, even to her utter destruction.-- 4BC 1161. {TSB 120.2}

Re: sodom and gomorrah [Re: Rosangela] #123551
02/23/10 04:24 PM
02/23/10 04:24 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Good point. Paul made it in his epistle to the Romans:

1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
1:19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath showed [it] unto them.
1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, [even] his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified [him] not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
1:23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which was meet.
1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in [their] knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
1:29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
1:30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
1:31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
1:32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Homosexuality began to happen after God gave up on them. Interesting! What does that tell us about the USA? Has God given up on her? Is she on the verge of destruction?

Re: sodom and gomorrah [Re: Mountain Man] #123573
02/24/10 12:41 AM
02/24/10 12:41 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Mike,

Do you think it might read instead that God gave them up when they started such unnatural acts? I think the term "gave them up" refers to the fact that the Holy Spirit no longer troubled their consciences about it. They were so set in their ways as to have shut out the voice of God. Perhaps God still spoke, but they were deaf. Would you agree?

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

Re: sodom and gomorrah [Re: Green Cochoa] #123591
02/24/10 04:11 PM
02/24/10 04:11 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Actually, I thought you and Rosangela were making the point that they began to commit such sins after God gave them over to sin. Paul wrote, "And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient." But I guess it's possible He gave up on them because of those sins, that is, those sins were the final straw. They were deaf to the pleading voice of God. There was no more He could do to woo and win them. Sadly He gave up on them.

Re: sodom and gomorrah [Re: Mountain Man] #123592
02/24/10 04:14 PM
02/24/10 04:14 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
PS - Is there no further depths sinners can go when God gives up on them? Or, is homosexuality a deeper depth of darkness sinners go into when God gives up on them? I doubt it. But what do you think?

Re: sodom and gomorrah [Re: Mountain Man] #123618
02/25/10 01:24 AM
02/25/10 01:24 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
PS - Is there no further depths sinners can go when God gives up on them? Or, is homosexuality a deeper depth of darkness sinners go into when God gives up on them? I doubt it. But what do you think?
When did God "give up on" Lucifer? As far as I can tell, Satan is still becoming more and more decided in his attacks against God. He is still, after 6000 years, becoming more evil. Homosexuality is not the lowest one can go. In fact, it may be near the lowest in terms of sexuality, but there are many other aspects/categories of life. If one goes to the "lowest" point in each of them...then I suppose you've really hit a low. But what is the "lowest"?

If I came across a mad man, insane with iniquity, would I have anything to do with him? Of course not. But if I came across a perfect gentleman who treated all with courtesy and respect, but who drank, embezzled, cheated customers, broke the Sabbath, etc. and taught others that for success in business they should do as he did, which would be worse?

I think Sodom would have spread its iniquity throughout the earth in a "civilized" sort of way, which is actually worse than if they had been insane. This is why God destroyed them--to save the rest of the world from their filth.

It is "worse" to be lukewarm, than to be cold--for one reason: influence.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

Re: sodom and gomorrah [Re: Green Cochoa] #123628
02/25/10 04:05 PM
02/25/10 04:05 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Well worded, GC. Thank you. Indeed, it is worse to be 99% Christlike. Makes me wonder about those who believe the fruits of the Spirit believers experience while abiding in Jesus is stained with sin. Do they also think such believers are 100% Christlike?

Also, I agree homosexuality is not the lowest sinners can go. As you said, claiming to be Christlike and yet committing subtle sins is more like Satan than like Jesus. It is more likely to make others despise Jesus and resist the convicting voice of the Holy Spirit.

Re: sodom and gomorrah [Re: Mountain Man] #123637
02/26/10 03:24 AM
02/26/10 03:24 AM
S
StewartC  Offline
Active Member 2011
Posting New Member
Arizona , USA

This brings to mind two thoughts for me, Mountain Man.

Jerusalem is described as having Samaria [as a sister] on her left hand, and Sodom [as a sister] on her right hand. "Yet have you NOT walked after their ways, nor done after their abominations: but, as if that were a very little thing, you were corrupted MORE than they in all their ways." (Eze 16:47)

In this I read that the professed people of God definitely went a lot deeper into sin than the cities of the plain did.

Scripture does appear to teach that there are different depths/levels of "hell". "For great is Thy mercy toward me: and Thou hast delivered my soul from the lowest hell." (Ps 86:13)

Would the "lowest hell" not point to that condition from which the second resurrection eventually comes?

Re: sodom and gomorrah [Re: StewartC] #123650
02/26/10 04:56 PM
02/26/10 04:56 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Stewart, in what sense do you think the COI sank lower in sin than did S&G?

The "lowest hell" to which King David (or Jesus) sank is certainly a place from which God can deliver. And, yes, many will not be delivered in time to avoid the second resurrection. But I suspect the majority of the lost will not reach the "lowest hell".

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/12/24 10:01 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!