HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,630
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 24
kland 13
Daryl 2
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
Daryl
Daryl
Nova Scotia, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (Karen Y, Daryl, dedication), 2,880 guests, and 12 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: ellen whites writings altered [Re: teresaq] #107321
01/08/09 11:37 PM
01/08/09 11:37 PM
teresaq  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2024

Very Dedicated Member
CA, USA
from the smyrna book p. 214.
Quote:
We need to realize that the Holy Spirit, who is as much a person as God is a person, is walking through these grounds (Manuscript 66, 1899; Evangelism,p. 616).

This statement is from a talk given at the Avondale School on April 15, 1899. This talk was never published during Ellen White’s lifetime. Part of it was first released in 1946 with the publication of Evangelism.Afurther part of it was published in 1990 in Manuscript Releases, vol. 7, p. 299, and then in 1994 more of it was released in Sermons and Talks, vol. 2, pp. 136-139.

The entire talk has not yet been published, but from Sermons and Talks we know that the above quotation is not the full sentence. The point that Sister White was making is seen in the context of the whole statement:

We have been brought together as a school, and we need to realize that the Holy Spirit, who is as much a person as God is a person, is walking through these grounds, unseen by human eyes; that the Lord God is our Keeper and Helper. He hears every word we utter and knows every thought of the mind (Sermon and Talks, vol. 2, pp. 136, 137).

this "point" is a matter of interpretation or how one chooses to read it.

i had a choice of reading the whole book and checking each statement made or deciding on the basis of the false assertions so far to conclude the source not reliable. i chose the second.

Psa 64:5 ...an evil matter: they commune of laying snares privily; they say, Who shall see them?

Psa 7:14 Behold, he travaileth with iniquity, and hath conceived mischief, and brought forth falsehood. 15 He made a pit, and digged it, and is fallen into the ditch which he made. 16 His mischief (and his violent dealing) shall return upon his own head.

Psa 7:17 I will praise the LORD according to his righteousness: and will sing praise to the name of the LORD most high.
Re: ellen whites writings altered [Re: teresaq] #107325
01/09/09 02:18 AM
01/09/09 02:18 AM
G
gordonb1  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2014

Veteran Member
Quebec
Originally Posted By: teresaq
i have come to the conclusion that in spite of all of ellen whites diarys, and statements as to who, what, why her writings were edited by herself, that will not be believed.

it becomes either, i choose to believe they were changed by others,

or

i choose to believe ellen white and God was in absolute control.

Hi Teresa,

Yes of course God is in control. But He still permits chaos on the earth, even book changes. But Ellen White was never 'in control' of church matters. She was not a church leader or director. She was a prophet and a messenger. She consented when the GC shunted her off to Europe for two years, then Australia for nine. It was impossible for her to oversee the printing of her books from across America or from another continent.

From her many letters, and the Testimonies For the Church, we see a constant disobedience of her counsel. Very few obeyed the light which came from the prophet. It is no better today, when this light is only meant to help us. But many feel unfairly chastised and rebel against it.

Many believe that EGW was involved in church administration, but not so. She counseled, corrected and rebuked error, but she never ran the show.

She had harsher words for Fannie Bolton than Green Cochoa has just furnished. And still stronger for others who were in the printing work.

"I know that Elder [Uriah] Smith and Elder [G.I.] Butler and [J.H.] Morrison and [L.] Nicola have been doing a work in their blindness that they will not wish to meet in the judgment..." Letter 109, December 6, 1890.

Re: ellen whites writings altered [Re: gordonb1] #107329
01/09/09 05:25 AM
01/09/09 05:25 AM
teresaq  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2024

Very Dedicated Member
CA, USA
Originally Posted By: gordonb1
Originally Posted By: teresaq
i have come to the conclusion that in spite of all of ellen whites diarys, and statements as to who, what, why her writings were edited by herself, that will not be believed.

it becomes either, i choose to believe they were changed by others,

or

i choose to believe ellen white and God was in absolute control.

Hi Teresa,

Yes of course God is in control. But He still permits chaos on the earth, even book changes. But Ellen White was never 'in control' of church matters. She was not a church leader or director. She was a prophet and a messenger. She consented when the GC shunted her off to Europe for two years, then Australia for nine. It was impossible for her to oversee the printing of her books from across America or from another continent.

From her many letters, and the Testimonies For the Church, we see a constant disobedience of her counsel. Very few obeyed the light which came from the prophet. It is no better today, when this light is only meant to help us. But many feel unfairly chastised and rebel against it.

Many believe that EGW was involved in church administration, but not so. She counseled, corrected and rebuked error, but she never ran the show.

She had harsher words for Fannie Bolton than Green Cochoa has just furnished. And still stronger for others who were in the printing work.

"I know that Elder [Uriah] Smith and Elder [G.I.] Butler and [J.H.] Morrison and [L.] Nicola have been doing a work in their blindness that they will not wish to meet in the judgment..." Letter 109, December 6, 1890.

but brother, none of that proves that her writings were altered. disregarded, yes. altered, no.

do you realize that the only ones who claim her writings were altered are the ones who ultimately say we shouldnt rely on them?

you may not know this but i am not a trinitarian. im not the typical anti-trinitarian, either. but just so you know i am just as much against the trinity as the next person. but i would prefer to make sure that i am speaking the absolute truth.

Psa 64:5 ...an evil matter: they commune of laying snares privily; they say, Who shall see them?

Psa 7:14 Behold, he travaileth with iniquity, and hath conceived mischief, and brought forth falsehood. 15 He made a pit, and digged it, and is fallen into the ditch which he made. 16 His mischief (and his violent dealing) shall return upon his own head.

Psa 7:17 I will praise the LORD according to his righteousness: and will sing praise to the name of the LORD most high.
Re: ellen whites writings altered [Re: teresaq] #107348
01/09/09 06:13 PM
01/09/09 06:13 PM
G
gordonb1  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2014

Veteran Member
Quebec
Yes Teresa, you are correct to make the clear distinction between alteration of her works, and disobedience and disregard for them.

Though I've not furnished much proof beyond two significant examples, I have come across it sufficiently often to see a real problem. Perhaps I should retrace & collect some examples, though it may not convince many until their own study shows it up.

In my proferred example of the four missing pages from the 1911 GC, I believe this to be a (most) glaring deletion.

Though I claim the writings have been altered, I do not disparage the prophet God sent, nor dismiss her words as do many. These words came from the Throne and her temperate, self-denying consistency proved that she had a connection with Heaven. Her purpose was to lead others to exalt and study the Word. In the strictest sense, her writings should not be relied upon until we can establish the same truths from the Bible. This was her own advice to us.

Of course I feel her words have been cheapened and misrepresented by misapplication over the decades. This can be in her reprinted books, compilations, church magazines or the Sabbath School quarterly.

If you've explored the Trinity issue, you must know there is misrepresentation. And yes, speaking the absolute truth is most preferable (In love). Here is an example of fraud found in the 2006 quarterly:

"As Christians we admit there are three Persons in the Godhead, but "they are one in purpose, in mind, in character, but not in person." --Ellen G. White, The Ministry of Healing, p. 422" [Quarterly for Wednesday, March 29, 2006]

In the above example an Ellen White statement has been spliced into a sentence to change her express meaning. Here is the original:

"The unity that exists between Christ and His disciples does not destroy the personality of either. They are one in purpose, in mind, in character, but not in person. It is thus that God and Christ are one." Ministry of Healing 422. (Also found in 8 Testimonies 269)

Re: ellen whites writings altered [Re: gordonb1] #107349
01/09/09 06:17 PM
01/09/09 06:17 PM
G
gordonb1  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2014

Veteran Member
Quebec
P.S. Teresa,

This example came from a hard copy of the quarterly. I'm not sure what the online version will show.

Gordon

Re: ellen whites writings altered [Re: gordonb1] #107362
01/09/09 10:20 PM
01/09/09 10:20 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
I cannot imagine anyone reading the SOP books received with the stamp of approval from the White Estates and concluding anything contrary to the 28 fundamental beliefs.

Re: ellen whites writings altered [Re: Mountain Man] #107365
01/09/09 10:57 PM
01/09/09 10:57 PM
Rick H  Offline

Group: Admin Team
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
I cannot imagine anyone reading the SOP books received with the stamp of approval from the White Estates and concluding anything contrary to the 28 fundamental beliefs.

I think any device which results in tearing down and destroying the message that Ellen White brings is being used, and this is just another one of them...

Re: ellen whites writings altered [Re: Rick H] #107372
01/10/09 12:06 AM
01/10/09 12:06 AM
G
gordonb1  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2014

Veteran Member
Quebec
Mike, let your imagination stretch beyond the 27 or 28. Beyond the Imprimatur of the White Estate. Why do you consider them to be infallible?

Have you read the Story of Redemption? Admittedly a compilation of earlier works but a goldmine of truth. Try the first few chapters. Wouldn't pass muster at Andrews, but the words are inspired, much from vision.

Re: ellen whites writings altered [Re: gordonb1] #107384
01/10/09 03:04 AM
01/10/09 03:04 AM
teresaq  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2024

Very Dedicated Member
CA, USA
please!! this is:"ellen whites writings altered"

not about the trinity, faults of the church, etc.

Re: ellen whites writings altered [Re: gordonb1] #107387
01/10/09 03:52 AM
01/10/09 03:52 AM
C
Colin  Offline
Active Member 2012
Very Dedicated Member
E. Oregon, USA
Teresa, it may well be that the latest publications of those articles cited by Smyrna's book have restored the original reading - there does appear to be one edition which changed it.

On the trinity or not the trinity...it's always been the "Godhead" for the three heavenly powers - trinity thinking doesn't allow for separate personalities, just "centres of consciousness" without form or divine body parts within a single, mystical substance of unknown but indivisible form...basically a mess I don't wish to get my head round!!...SDA trinity thinking is closer to what we ourselves used to believe, but rejects Jesus' divine literal Sonship before creation began, in "the days of eternity" (Micah 5:2), as well as the Spirit not proceeding from the Godhead of Father and Son, but existing alongside them as they each have, too, from all eternity all together.: this doesn't sound right, either but is more palatable than Nicea's nonsense - nonsense that led at the time to persecution of detractors and warfare against the rest: enforced just like Sunday observance, in the name of the newly assertive, united & official "Catholic faith"...

Do you recall www.theprophetstillspeaks.co.uk? It's got a look at the whole history - Nicea and ours, plus a good section affirming "only begotten" is an accurate translation, using Strong's Concordance.

Maki EGW look and sound trinitarian is the only real 'change' sought during her life by some who later supported that doctrine (Prescott, Daniels, FM Wilcox (the Review); not MC Wilcox of the Signs), let alone after her death, and to this day. Not sure how much the Seminary actually spects her writings or her authority, these days...

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:39 AM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!