HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,630
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 24
kland 13
Daryl 2
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
2 registered members (Karen Y, Daryl), 2,880 guests, and 12 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: ellen whites writings altered [Re: Colin] #107397
01/10/09 07:13 AM
01/10/09 07:13 AM
teresaq  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2024

Very Dedicated Member
CA, USA
Originally Posted By: Colin
Teresa, it may well be that the latest publications of those articles cited by Smyrna's book have restored the original reading - there does appear to be one edition which changed it.

well, put it up and lets check it out. you do understand i cant go on anyones say-so without seeing it for myself.

Quote:
Maki EGW look and sound trinitarian is the only real 'change' sought during her life by some who later supported that doctrine (Prescott, Daniels, FM Wilcox (the Review); not MC Wilcox of the Signs), let alone after her death, and to this day. Not sure how much the Seminary actually spects her writings or her authority, these days...

no. those who want to disregard her writings claim they were altered, even forged. i know a person who wants to believe that kelloggs "the living temple" is not the pantheistic book ellen white claimed it to be.

guess how he does that? smile

Psa 64:5 ...an evil matter: they commune of laying snares privily; they say, Who shall see them?

Psa 7:14 Behold, he travaileth with iniquity, and hath conceived mischief, and brought forth falsehood. 15 He made a pit, and digged it, and is fallen into the ditch which he made. 16 His mischief (and his violent dealing) shall return upon his own head.

Psa 7:17 I will praise the LORD according to his righteousness: and will sing praise to the name of the LORD most high.
Re: ellen whites writings altered [Re: teresaq] #107409
01/10/09 05:16 PM
01/10/09 05:16 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Originally Posted By: teresaq
please!! this is:"ellen whites writings altered"

not about the trinity, faults of the church, etc.

I have never read anything from the White Estate that made me doubt the authenticity of the SOP. Everything I have read confirms the truth as it is in Jesus. Any altering that may have happened to the SOP has not in the least steared me away from the truths we (SDAs) hold near and dear.

Re: ellen whites writings altered [Re: teresaq] #107440
01/11/09 05:24 AM
01/11/09 05:24 AM
C
Colin  Offline
Active Member 2012
Very Dedicated Member
E. Oregon, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted By: Colin

Maki EGW look and sound trinitarian is the only real 'change' sought during her life by some who later supported that doctrine (Prescott, Daniels, FM Wilcox (the Review); not MC Wilcox of the Signs), let alone after her death, and to this day. Not sure how much the Seminary actually spects her writings or her authority, these days...

no. those who want to disregard her writings claim they were altered, even forged. i know a person who wants to believe that kelloggs "the living temple" is not the pantheistic book ellen white claimed it to be.

guess how he does that?

Openly disparaging her writings is what her critics do, yes...

That the church today bases its trinitarian stance on her writings over a certain period of time, since 1890-98 onwards (of course), before which the church wasn't trinitarian, leaves the question of whether she was trinitarian, which we, you and I (at least, here), agree she wasn't. Editing her writings to the extent of changing their meaning would be an inside job done very quietly, and would also be disloyalty to the Testimony of Jesus.

I hope no-one inside the church has done that with the light we are blessed with on present truth, but, there is this rumour of damaging change. Getting online copies of evidence may well be difficult, but even that smyrna ministries site can email copies of their evidence, I'm sure.

An example of change to general church literature, affecting salvation teaching, is the 1949 edition of Bible Readings for the Home Circle, since which edition that book has omitted the words "sinful nature" from a section mentioning how God's Son became a man, and those words were there in earlier editions.

This is definitely not a trinity thread, but the suggestion is that the rumoured alterations to the SOP directly impact on the nature of the Godhed and how that nature impacts on salvation, so doctrines are brought into focus as one investigates what evidence one can get hold of. Should that evidence be an old hard copy, and the current online copy is not showing that change, doesn't mean that change wasn't once effected; just means someone wised up that everyone knew a change had been made, so reversed the action.

That change from "it" to "he" you reckon isn't in the online copy you looked at earlier: let's get the hard copy 'in' to have a look at!...I'll try to help in that.

Re: ellen whites writings altered [Re: Colin] #107448
01/11/09 03:15 PM
01/11/09 03:15 PM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
For those who are so inclined, here is a full write-up on the issue of Mrs. White's stance on the Trinity / Godhead, and put out by the White Estate.

http://www.whiteestate.org/issues/The-Trinity.pdf

Lest you think this article will present only the White Estate's perspective, be aware that the PDF file includes dozens of scans of the original printed materials, many dating before 1900, and some of the scans are of the original autographs, in Mrs. White's own handwriting. I only wish they were scanned at a higher resolution, but there is sufficient clarity, in most cases, to see how she used the words.

I would be comfortable in saying this article should be the definitive answer to any question regarding Mrs. White's stance on the Trinity / Godhead issue, and will likely lay to rest any questions regarding the White Estate's role in editing her manuscripts on this issue as well.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: ellen whites writings altered [Re: Green Cochoa] #107449
01/11/09 03:56 PM
01/11/09 03:56 PM
G
gordonb1  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2014

Veteran Member
Quebec
Green Cochoa,

If Ellen White had ever accepted the Trinity, she would have called all the Church to repent of their previous 50 year anti-Trinitarian record. But never a word on this. Not a peep. On the contrary she affirmed that the "truth..has stood firm...for more than half a century" 9T 70.

She came from Methodism (Trinitarian) and rejected it like all early SDA pioneers, to embrace the sanctuary message. She did not flip back to her Methodist roots. Prophets don't flip-flop. She left darkness and did not return.

Here's the striking difference between truth & error:

“The mystery of the trinity is the central doctrine of the Catholic faith. Upon it are based all the other teachings of the Church.” Handbook for Today’s Catholic, p.16

"The sanctuary in heaven is the very center of Christ’s work in behalf of men. It concerns every living soul upon the earth" -Great Controversy 488

The White Estate article defines their own bias, nothing more.

Re: ellen whites writings altered [Re: gordonb1] #107466
01/12/09 03:24 AM
01/12/09 03:24 AM
C
Colin  Offline
Active Member 2012
Very Dedicated Member
E. Oregon, USA
GC, somehow we cannot get away from this topic, in this thread which has to do with literary stewardship....

A quick word: Tim Poirier isn't biased, Gordon; he is misinformed and misleading about the issue altogether!

This excerpt - which is in context! - shows his and the church's misconception of the 'quarrel'
Quote:
the church's belief in three distinct, co-eternal, equally divine persons of the Godhead - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit

That there are three persons is not the issue, let alone ascribing deity to each. With a good knowledge of Sister White's statements on the Son of God's begotten Sonship, and the Holy Spirit's "different" personality to Father and Son, as their omnipresence and their infinite Spirit of the Godhead, which each of them personally possesses - though the Spirit is not independent of Father and Son, I may rebuke the White Estate: they are intellectually dishonest, as is the GC BRI, for presenting that anti-trinitarians don't consider the Holy Spirit to be a divine personality and person of the Godhead or Jesus the co-eternal Son of God.

It's shocking how little of their identities, the Son's and the Spirit's, we actually have read up on in SOP, but - given the misinformation published for us, we are, I believe, with excuse! There is wide spread confusion in the ranks about God's nature...and what we should do with the trinity teaching we espouse as a church, and why anyone actually complains about it, at all...!

The Son of God is not co-existent with the Father, but he is co-eternal, since he begotten of God, and the literal, physical Son (as seen in vision and revealed in the Bible to start with): this is ignored almost totally by the church, today, as a point of difference - they too busy accusing us of being heathen, which is terribly sad, and may be a dereliction of duty to defend the Adventist faith.

The Holy Spirit is altogether mystery, but is revealed in the Bible and spoken of by all our pioneers as fully divine, as much a person as God and Christ but not the same sort of person as them, and proceeding from them as the divine Spirit of their deity; thus, not personally independent of them, as they personally are of each other, and so on and so forth...

The rejection of the trinity doctrine in our midst doesn't reject 3 persons, but the orthodox and SDA trinity definition and thinking about how they are 3, and thus who they to each other.

Re: ellen whites writings altered [Re: Colin] #107472
01/12/09 04:27 AM
01/12/09 04:27 AM
teresaq  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2024

Very Dedicated Member
CA, USA
and here we go again!!! smile

i wonder how many are going to be arguing trinity-antitrinity and the several other dabates in the church clear up to the second coming when theyll look up and go, uh-oh!

Psa 64:5 ...an evil matter: they commune of laying snares privily; they say, Who shall see them?

Psa 7:14 Behold, he travaileth with iniquity, and hath conceived mischief, and brought forth falsehood. 15 He made a pit, and digged it, and is fallen into the ditch which he made. 16 His mischief (and his violent dealing) shall return upon his own head.

Psa 7:17 I will praise the LORD according to his righteousness: and will sing praise to the name of the LORD most high.
Re: ellen whites writings altered [Re: teresaq] #107480
01/12/09 10:50 AM
01/12/09 10:50 AM
C
Colin  Offline
Active Member 2012
Very Dedicated Member
E. Oregon, USA
Distracting from letting Christ relate to us? Can do...I'm personally only after what and who he is to me, and that includes the testimony of Jesus... smile

I'm just slightly surprised this topic hasn't been made a private forum thread, but that's alright - as it is pertinent to the remnant faith. cool

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:39 AM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!