HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,614
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 18
kland 9
Daryl 4
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
Daryl
Daryl
Nova Scotia, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, Kevin H, Daryl, 1 invisible), 3,009 guests, and 22 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 55 of 71 1 2 53 54 55 56 57 70 71
Re: The Covenants [Re: Mountain Man] #107485
01/12/09 02:46 PM
01/12/09 02:46 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
Please use the PM function on this forum to talk to Tom about me. Thank you.

Actually that was as much for your benefit as anyone else's.

Pardon me, I will be more direct.
Mountain Man, do you think it is proper to insert and switch words which convey a different meaning then expect others to support that altered meaning?

Re: The Covenants [Re: teresaq] #107520
01/13/09 10:16 PM
01/13/09 10:16 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Originally Posted By: teresaq
T: I think the idea that the angels praise God for causing death and destruction is awful. Also not pleasant is the idea that God Himself would desire being view as wishing praise for such things.

M: ... Also, why do you insist on misrepresenting what the angels think and feel while witnessing sinners suffering during the seven last plagues? See Revelation 16 and 18.

t: i think this one, mm, is a matter of ones understanding of what is happening and what they are feeling. if you believe they are rejoicing for the destruction of the wicked that is how you will read it. if someone else understands the picture differently that does not mean they are misrepreseng the angels. it just means they disagree with your picture.

Thank you.

Re: The Covenants [Re: kland] #107521
01/13/09 10:17 PM
01/13/09 10:17 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Originally Posted By: kland
Mountain Man, do you think it is proper to insert and switch words which convey a different meaning then expect others to support that altered meaning?

No.

Re: The Covenants [Re: Tom] #107522
01/14/09 12:02 AM
01/14/09 12:02 AM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Quote:
M: I hear you saying you think the angels did not, before the cross, "fully understand" 1) the truth about God's kingdom and character, 2) the truth about Satan's claims and accusations, and 3) the truth about the inevitable results of sin. And, based on these things, you also believe the angels "incorrectly" expected, just before Jesus' incarnation, God to once again wipe out sinners on a wholesale scale.

Based on these observations, do you think it is likely humans can read the OT and arrive at better conclusions than you think the angels did regarding the kingdom and character of God?

T: No, of course not. This has been the point I've been making. God sent us Jesus Christ to make clear what He is really like (e.g. John 1:18.)

Can I assume, then, that you agree with my summarization of what you think about the angels? That is, they "incorrectly" expected God to wipe out the sinners instead of correctly expecting Him to send Jesus as a babe, and that they got this wrong idea from watching God employ the "withdraw and permit" method of causing death and destruction?

Quote:
M: You wrote, "All that we can know about God was revealed by Him." Why do you insist on misstating, thus, misrepresenting, what Ellen wrote?

T: I explained to you before why what I wrote is not misrepresenting what she said. What man needs to know is a subset of what man can know. Did you not understand this point?

Why not quote what she said? Why leave out key words? "All that man needs to know or can know of God has been revealed in the life and character of His Son." The phrase "needs to know or can know" to me means Jesus revealed only those traits and attributes of God that 1) we are capable of comprehending and that 2) we need to know to experience salvation. That Jesus did not reveal everything there is to know about God is clear to me from what Jesus Himself said about it - "I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth."

Quote:
M: So, you believe the "withdraw and permit" method of causing death and destruction is God's "will and purpose", right?

T: Not necessarily, but possibly.

Please explain your answer.

Quote:
M: And, you think all the places in the Bible that describe God causing death and destruction must be seen as examples of the "withdraw and permit" method, right?

T: Yes.

Thank you for answering my question. How do you describe this method? What all does it entail?

Quote:
M: If these observations are correct, then which aspect is God's "will and purpose" - 1) withdrawing and permitting, or 2) the resulting death and destruction?

T: I think this question is assuming a false premise.

Please explain .

Quote:
M: Is this what you think God's "will and purpose" is as described in 3SG 80, namely, to motivate sinners to choose life and not death?

T: Sure, this was a part of God's purpose. Wouldn't you agree? He could have some other purpose as well, but don't you think God would have wanted sinners to choose life and not death as a response to what He did?

I assume you are referring to the ones who watched them die. But what about the ones who died? What was God's "will and purpose" concerning them?

Quote:
M: You insist elsewhere, if not on this thread, that the word “justice” in this quote means God.

T: I've never said this.

M: Thus, you believe it should be interpreted to mean, “God demands that sin be not merely pardoned, but the death penalty must be executed.”

T: I've point out that what *you* believe is equivalent to this.

M: You then seem to also think we must interpret this reworded passage to mean “God demands that sin be not merely pardoned, but the death penalty must be executed so that sinners can experience the inevitable result of sin when He withdraws His protection.”

T: This conclusion is based on a false assumption, stated above.

M: So I ask again, why would God have to demand that death happens if, as you say, it is going to happen naturally as soon as He stops preventing it from happening? And, why doesn’t He demand pardon for sin instead of demanding death?

T: Same comment.

Do you think we can substitute the word "God" for the word "justice" in the following sentence? "Justice demands that sin be not merely pardoned, but the death penalty must be executed.” If not, why not?

Quote:
M: There is nothing simplistic about it, Tom. God ordered things from the beginning in such a way that we must regularly eat of the tree of life to perpetuate the breath of life within us. Death cannot occur while the breath of life resides within us. Yes, God must work to uphold the laws that enable to the tree of life to bear fruit and that make the planet a habitable place for humans.

T: The simplistic idea is that God has nothing to do with sustaining life, apart from providing a tree to eat from. MH 417 makes that clear.

On this point we disagree.

Quote:
M: I wrote, “For example, what happened to Sodom was certainly horrific, but it in no way means God used force or violence. Instead, it was an act of power on His part. There was nothing arbitrary or forceful or violent about it.”

Whereas you wrote, “God is caused to withdraw His protection, which results in violence to happen to the victims who eschew God's protection. God is not violent. He doesn't use force.”

Either way the outcome is the same, namely, sinners were burned alive. You label the outcome “violence” whereas I label it “justice”. I disagree that God withdrew His protection and violence happened. Instead, I believe God employed the forces of nature to execute justice.

T: By "employ," I assume you mean manipulate or manage. In this case, God was using force.

I didn't use the word "manipulate". I mean it in the following sense:

"The depths of the earth are the Lord's arsenal, whence were drawn weapons to be employed in the destruction of the old world." {PP 109.1} "God controls all these elements; they are his instruments to do his will; he calls them into action to serve his purpose. These fiery issues have been, and will be his agents to blot out from the earth very wicked cities. Like Korah, Dathan and Abiram they go down alive into the pit. These are evidences of God's power."

"He had used the Philistines as the instrument to punish Israel, and He employed the ark to punish the Philistines." {PP 585.5} "The bowels of the earth were the Lord's arsenal, from which he drew forth the weapons he employed in the destruction of the old world. Waters in the bowels of the earth gushed forth, and united with the waters from Heaven, to accomplish the work of destruction. Since the flood, God has used both water and fire in the earth as his agents to destroy wicked cities. {3SG 82.2}

Ellen uses this concept in the opposite way, too. "Men are instruments in the hand of God, employed by Him to accomplish His purposes of grace and mercy." {GC 343.2} "His resources are infinite, and He employs them all in accomplishing His will." {Ev 250.4} "He employs the heavenly intelligences to bring divine power to combine with our human efforts." {2SM 123.4}

Re: The Covenants [Re: Tom] #107523
01/14/09 01:27 AM
01/14/09 01:27 AM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Originally Posted By: Tom
M: Do you know of any inspired passages that explain why God commanded Moses to kill the Sabbath-breaker and the blasphemer?

T: Regarding your question regarding Moses and the Sabbath-breaker, no, I don't know of any.

M: Well, that came as a surprise. Thank you being honest and straight forward. All this time I thought you knew of some but were holding out. Does this mean you do not believe, as some do, God was forced to do it because of the ignorance and hardened hearts of Moses and the Jews?

T: No. Your reasoning here is bewildering to me. Can you explain it? That I'm not aware of any Scriptures explaining something doesn't mean anything in regards to my believing or not believing something. Why would you think it should?

Since you don’t know of any inspired passages that explain why God commanded Moses to kill the Sabbath-breaker and the blasphemer I assumed you disagreed with the view I posted above. My bad. Let me ask instead – Do you believe, as some do, that God was forced to commanded Moses to kill the Sabbath-breaker and the blasphemer to accommodate the ignorance and hardened hearts of Moses and the Jews, that He had to do it to retain their respect and attention long enough to show them the "right way"?

Quote:
M: The idea there are two or more absolute perfect ways is counterintuitive. It eliminates the idea of absolute perfection.

T: No it doesn't. Consider a perfect closed figure as being one which is equal-sided and with angels of the same size. There are triangles, squares, pentagons, etc. There needn't be one. Similarly there needn't be just one right choice.

I think your idea here is what is counter-intuitive. Everyday experience teaches us that there are decisions we make where one choice is as good as another. For example, which pair of socks you pick to wear.

But we’re not talking about shapes and socks. We’re talking about God.

Quote:
M: I included the history of this point in the box above. I quoted 3SG 80 and said God did and does these kinds of things, to which you replied, “I don't understand why you think God does these things.” Do you agree with me that God does indeed do these kinds of things? NOTE: I’m not here referring to when I suggested elsewhere you credit Satan with doing them; instead, I’m referring to what we said here (in the first two posts in the box above [omitted by Tom]).

T: You skipped the most important part, where you took her quote and replaced "God" with "Satan."

M: And you skipped my apology and note. Please answer the newly worded question.

T: What apology? I think I missed that. Regarding your question, didn't I already answer it? If you want me to answer it again, please phrase it without reference to 3SG.

Did you also miss the note? The apology was in the box you omitted. The quote in 3SG 80 is the focus on the question. I cannot omit it. You have not answered the new and improved question. Here it is again: Do you agree with me that God does indeed do these kinds of things [in the quote you omitted]?

Quote:
M: I’ve never closely studied Augustine, Arminius, Wesley, or Calvin, so I cannot say whether or not my views are similar to their views. I believe everything God causes or permits is the result of His absolute perfect “will and purpose”.

T: You've certainly been heavily influenced by Augustine. That's not an unlikely thing to have happen, since his influence pervades much of Western thought.

If Augustine happens to agree with the truth then it doesn’t surprise me that our views agree. But you didn’t answer my question. Here it is again: Do you agree that everything God causes or permits is the result of His absolute perfect “will and purpose”? If not, does it mean you believe sometimes things get out of hand, that things happen that exceed His established limits and boundaries? If not, please explain what you do believe. Thank you.

Quote:
M: Does this mean you believe God sins every time He manifests jealousy?

T: Since God never sins, obviously the answer to this question is no, even without considering the assumption upon which it is based.

Are you implying, then, that sometimes the word “jealousy” doesn’t mean something sinful, that the immediate context determines whether acting or feeling jealous is sinful or not? Can sinners act or feel “jealous” without sinning?

Quote:
M: So, you believe Satan cannot exceed the limits enforced by God and yet you also believe it was not God’s “will and purpose” for Peter, Paul, John, and Jesus to suffer and die the way they did – is that right?

T: No, that's not right. The first part is, but not the second.

M: What, then, was God’s “will and purpose”?

T: God would have people repent and come to a knowledge of the truth rather than kill His messengers.

M: And, why didn’t He enforce it?

T: How could He force someone to repent?

So, you agree with me that Satan cannot exceed the limits enforced by God. How does He enforce the limits? And, why? What does He do to prevent it and what does He do to permit it?

Regarding the second part above. So, you do not believe it was God’s “will and purpose” for Peter, Paul, John, and Jesus to suffer and die the way they did? Why, then, did they suffer and die the way they did? Did Satan exceed the limits established by God? If not, then please explain why they died the way they did. Why didn’t God intervene and prevent it from playing out the way it did? What were God’s limits in each of their cases? How did God envision them dying? Why didn’t ensure it played out according to His “will and purpose”?

Re: The Covenants [Re: Mountain Man] #107539
01/14/09 08:10 AM
01/14/09 08:10 AM
Tom  Offline OP
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Quote:
Can I assume, then, that you agree with my summarization of what you think about the angels? That is, they "incorrectly" expected God to wipe out the sinners instead of correctly expecting Him to send Jesus as a babe, and that they got this wrong idea from watching God employ the "withdraw and permit" method of causing death and destruction?

You seem to be "summary-challenged," in the sense of being able to summarize things in a way I would agree with. No, I don't agree with your summary.

Ellen White wrote:

Quote:
"Notwithstanding this terrible lesson, men had no sooner begun to multiply once more, than rebellion and vice became widespread. Satan seemed to have taken control of the world. The time came that a change must be made, or the image of God would be wholly obliterated from the hearts of the beings He had created. All heaven watched the movements of God with intense interest. Would He once more manifest His wrath? Would He destroy the world by fire? The angels thought that the time had come to strike the blow of justice, whom, lo, to their wondering vision was unveiled the plan of salvation." MS 22, January 10, 1890

I quoted this. I don't know how you got from this to your summary. I agree with what she wrote here. The angels had a misunderstanding here. They expected one thing but another happened. My point is that if even the angels were not understanding things correctly until the cross, because of Satan's sophistry, why should we think that men can do better?

Quote:
Why not quote what she said? Why leave out key words? "All that man needs to know or can know of God has been revealed in the life and character of His Son." The phrase "needs to know or can know" to me means Jesus revealed only those traits and attributes of God that 1) we are capable of comprehending and that 2) we need to know to experience salvation.

I could ask the same thing of you. At least my paraphrase doesn't change her meaning. "She wrote that all man needs to know or can know of God was revealed in the life and character of His Son." It seems clear to me that she started to write, "All that man needs to know of God has been revealed in the life and character of His Son," and decided to strengthen that thought to "or can know of God," which is a far stronger statement than simply "needs to know of God."

Your idea limits she said significantly, to a very small subset of what her statement actually says. The very next thing after her statement is a quote of John 1:18, which says that Jesus Christ came to show us what God is really like (CEV). There's nothing in John's statement or thought which limits Christ's work to covering only what is essential to one's salvation. Nor in hers. Certainly Christ's work of revealing the Father includes the purpose of enabling one to be saved, but it's not limited to that.

Quote:
M: So, you believe the "withdraw and permit" method of causing death and destruction is God's "will and purpose", right?

T: Not necessarily, but possibly.

M:Please explain your answer.

Your question is pretty vague. I think what I had in mind is that in certain cases, such as in the 3SG passage, God could have a specific purpose or purposes in mind, such as those she pointed out, and other times not have such a specific purpose or purposes.

Quote:
M: Is this what you think God's "will and purpose" is as described in 3SG 80, namely, to motivate sinners to choose life and not death?

T: Sure, this was a part of God's purpose. Wouldn't you agree? He could have some other purpose as well, but don't you think God would have wanted sinners to choose life and not death as a response to what He did?

I assume you are referring to the ones who watched them die. But what about the ones who died? What was God's "will and purpose" concerning them?

I think God had the same will for them, that they repent and be saved.

Quote:
Do you think we can substitute the word "God" for the word "justice" in the following sentence? "Justice demands that sin be not merely pardoned, but the death penalty must be executed.” If not, why not?

No, because I think it would convey a meaning which could be better expressed differently (Specifically, the quotes I've repeatedly presented of Fifield's in regards to what I understand this quote to mean conveys the thought well).

Quote:
T: The simplistic idea is that God has nothing to do with sustaining life, apart from providing a tree to eat from. MH 417 makes that clear.

M:On this point we disagree.

I'm not sure what you're disagreeing with here. Are you disagreeing that MH 417 says that God is not active in sustaining the life of man?

Quote:
T: By "employ," I assume you mean manipulate or manage. In this case, God was using force.

M:I didn't use the word "manipulate".

You have in the past. "Micromanage" you've used as well.

"Employed" I understand to be synonymous with "made use of." This could be either active or passive.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: The Covenants [Re: Tom] #107540
01/14/09 08:50 AM
01/14/09 08:50 AM
Tom  Offline OP
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Quote:
T: No. Your reasoning here is bewildering to me. Can you explain it? That I'm not aware of any Scriptures explaining something doesn't mean anything in regards to my believing or not believing something. Why would you think it should?

M:Since you don’t know of any inspired passages that explain why God commanded Moses to kill the Sabbath-breaker and the blasphemer I assumed you disagreed with the view I posted above. My bad.

No, I don't disagree with your view because of some specific inspired text dealing with this specific instance, but on the basis of general principles that inspiration teaches.

Quote:
Let me ask instead – Do you believe, as some do, that God was forced to commanded Moses to kill the Sabbath-breaker and the blasphemer to accommodate the ignorance and hardened hearts of Moses and the Jews, that He had to do it to retain their respect and attention long enough to show them the "right way"?

No. Who did you have in mind?

Quote:
T:I think your idea here is what is counter-intuitive. Everyday experience teaches us that there are decisions we make where one choice is as good as another. For example, which pair of socks you pick to wear.

M:But we’re not talking about shapes and socks. We’re talking about God.

No on both accounts. We're talking about choices.

There's no reason to believe that God is always constrained to one choice. He could have more than one viable choice available to Him. There's no reason to suggest otherwise. The fact that God is perfect in no way implies that *choices* He might make must be limited. There could be more than one valid choice available. We can rightly assert that there is no *better* choice that God could make than what makes in a given circumstance, but not that there is no choice which is as good.

Quote:
Did you also miss the note? The apology was in the box you omitted.

What box did I omit? Could you repost it please?

Quote:
The quote in 3SG 80 is the focus on the question. I cannot omit it. You have not answered the new and improved question. Here it is again: Do you agree with me that God does indeed do these kinds of things [in the quote you omitted]?

He obviously did the things mentioned in 3SG 80 in the circumstances that quote referenced.

Quote:
If Augustine happens to agree with the truth then it doesn’t surprise me that our views agree.

I'd suggest looking into this; that is, if Augustine agrees with the truth.

Quote:
But you didn’t answer my question. Here it is again: Do you agree that everything God causes or permits is the result of His absolute perfect “will and purpose”? If not, does it mean you believe sometimes things get out of hand, that things happen that exceed His established limits and boundaries? If not, please explain what you do believe. Thank you.

No to both questions. Your question is based on an Augustinian paradigm, which is itself inspired by Hellenistic thought. The concept of "absolute perfection" that you referenced is Platonic. This would take quite a bit of time to explain adequately, which I cannot do right now. Basically you're assuming that everything that happens has a specific purpose on the part of God. But many things happen which are not God's will, nor something God permits for some specific purpose. They are just evil things which happen because evil beings choose to do these evil things. They do not occur because of some will or purpose of God.

However, that being said, in spite of these evil things which God permits to happen, against His will, God is able to accomplish His will and purpose. Thus God can make evil to accomplish His will and purpose even though the evil itself was not God's will or purpose.

Quote:
M: Does this mean you believe God sins every time He manifests jealousy?

T: Since God never sins, obviously the answer to this question is no, even without considering the assumption upon which it is based.

M:Are you implying, then, that sometimes the word “jealousy” doesn’t mean something sinful, that the immediate context determines whether acting or feeling jealous is sinful or not? Can sinners act or feel “jealous” without sinning?

No. The phrase "even without considering the assumption upon which it is based" makes clear this is not being implied.

Quote:
So, you agree with me that Satan cannot exceed the limits enforced by God.

Obviously. How could this not be the case?

Quote:
How does He enforce the limits? And, why? What does He do to prevent it and what does He do to permit it?

Regarding how, I know of no communication from God where He informs us how He does this. We know that force is not a principle of His government, so we can rule that out.

Regarding why, if He didn't, as I've stated a number of times, Satan would destroy everybody. As to preventing it, this looks to mean the same thing as "enforcing the limits." If so, I addressed these questions immediately above. If it means something else, you'd have to explain what.

Quote:
Regarding the second part above. So, you do not believe it was God’s “will and purpose” for Peter, Paul, John, and Jesus to suffer and die the way they did?

No. It was Satan's will that they suffer and die the way they did.

Quote:
Why, then, did they suffer and die the way they did?

Because evil beings inspired and committed evil deeds.

Quote:
Did Satan exceed the limits established by God?

How would this be possible?

Quote:
If not, then please explain why they died the way they did.

Because evil beings did evil things.

Quote:
Why didn’t God intervene and prevent it from playing out the way it did?

This could be answered in respect to any bad thing that happens. When a child dies, this is a natural question. Why did God permit this to happen? On a case by case basis, I don't think we can know these types of questions until the judgment when we have access to all the information that God had access to when He made the decisions He made.

Quote:
What were God’s limits in each of their cases?

What?

Quote:
How did God envision them dying?

Not sure what you're asking here?

Quote:
Why didn’t ensure it played out according to His “will and purpose”?

This gets back to the question I asked you above, which you didn't address. How can God force people to repent?

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: The Covenants [Re: Mountain Man] #107547
01/14/09 02:50 PM
01/14/09 02:50 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Mountain Man,

Was it God or Jesus in the old testament?
More specifically, who do you believe was in the pillar of fire?

Re: The Covenants [Re: kland] #107549
01/14/09 09:21 PM
01/14/09 09:21 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Originally Posted By: kland
Mountain Man,

Was it God or Jesus in the old testament?
More specifically, who do you believe was in the pillar of fire?

Jesus.

Re: The Covenants [Re: Mountain Man] #107569
01/15/09 12:09 PM
01/15/09 12:09 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
So, I'm curious what your thoughts are on Jesus representing Jesus.

I don't know if I'm asking it correctly. Maybe another way is, do you see Jesus behaving one way in the Old testament, but yet in a totally different way in the New?

Page 55 of 71 1 2 53 54 55 56 57 70 71

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/30/24 10:34 PM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!