HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,630
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 24
kland 13
Daryl 2
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (Karen Y, Daryl, dedication, 2 invisible), 2,970 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 79 of 100 1 2 77 78 79 80 81 99 100
Re: Christ Desired and Lusted to Sin? [Re: Tom] #111366
04/08/09 02:39 AM
04/08/09 02:39 AM
teresaq  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

Very Dedicated Member
CA, USA
i didnt catch that!!

no, i have only a fraction of a fraction of the messenger of the Lords understanding, if that!

Psa 64:5 ...an evil matter: they commune of laying snares privily; they say, Who shall see them?

Psa 7:14 Behold, he travaileth with iniquity, and hath conceived mischief, and brought forth falsehood. 15 He made a pit, and digged it, and is fallen into the ditch which he made. 16 His mischief (and his violent dealing) shall return upon his own head.

Psa 7:17 I will praise the LORD according to his righteousness: and will sing praise to the name of the LORD most high.
Re: Christ Desired and Lusted to Sin? [Re: teresaq] #111369
04/08/09 03:11 AM
04/08/09 03:11 AM
asygo  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

5500+ Member
California, USA
Originally Posted By: teresaq
i dont know if any of us have had the privilege of hearing for ourselves this pastor you speak of, so you have us at a disadvantage as to what he actually said and meant.

Be at a disadvantage no more! Check out this link: Victory in Jesus yay

Disclaimer: I may or may not agree with anything or everything on that web site. The same goes for Liversidge's message. I have not tried out the links myself. So watch out for malware. Practice safe web. Download and listen/read at your own risk.

By God's grace,
Arnold

There is no excuse for any one in taking the position that there is no more truth to be revealed, and that all our expositions of Scripture are without an error. The fact that certain doctrines have been held as truth for many years by our people, is not a proof that our ideas are infallible. Age will not make error into truth, and truth can afford to be fair. No true doctrine will lose anything by close investigation. RH 12/20/1892
Re: Christ Desired and Lusted to Sin? [Re: Green Cochoa] #111370
04/08/09 03:21 AM
04/08/09 03:21 AM
asygo  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

5500+ Member
California, USA
Originally Posted By: Green Cochoa
You appear to be trying to convince us that one need only to believe, through faith, that Jesus lived and died for us, and to accept His salvation. However, there is more.

I have heard it said that "we are saved by faith alone, but not by faith that is alone." I have also heard it said that if we confess with our mouths the Lord Jesus and believe in our hearts that God raised Him from the dead, we will be saved.

Perhaps "believe" is a little more slippery than we usually think of. I like John's version of "believe" in 1Jn 5:1-5. And I won't be surprised if Elle's version is very similar.

The justification that results from accepting Jesus as our Saviour always comes with the sanctification that results from accepting Jesus as our Lord. Half a Jesus is no Jesus at all.

By God's grace,
Arnold

There is no excuse for any one in taking the position that there is no more truth to be revealed, and that all our expositions of Scripture are without an error. The fact that certain doctrines have been held as truth for many years by our people, is not a proof that our ideas are infallible. Age will not make error into truth, and truth can afford to be fair. No true doctrine will lose anything by close investigation. RH 12/20/1892
Re: Christ Desired and Lusted to Sin? [Re: asygo] #111371
04/08/09 03:27 AM
04/08/09 03:27 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Speaking of Ellen White, I like what she says here:

Quote:
Christ exalted the character of God, attributing to him the praise, and giving to him the credit, of the whole purpose of his own mission on earth,--to set men right through the revelation of God.(ST 1/20/90)

The whole purpose of Christ's mission on earth was the revelation of God, through which mean are set right (or justified) with God.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: Christ Desired and Lusted to Sin? [Re: asygo] #111382
04/08/09 12:10 PM
04/08/09 12:10 PM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: asygo
Be at a disadvantage no more! Check out this link: Victory in Jesus yay

Disclaimer: I may or may not agree with anything or everything on that web site. The same goes for Liversidge's message. I have not tried out the links myself. So watch out for malware. Practice safe web. Download and listen/read at your own risk.

Thanks Arnold, I didn't know it was available to download on-line. Ooooh! am so grateful for that. It's such a powerfull message. I was so blessed with it. Now I can just link people there instead of typing everything down. Of course, because it comes from an un-accredited individual that has a hard time to express herself, many on the forum didn't believes me anyway. It's ok, it was a great exercise to find scriptures and review the gospel and be blessed again. I would redo it any day.

Blessings
Re: Christ Desired and Lusted to Sin? [Re: asygo] #111413
04/08/09 06:01 PM
04/08/09 06:01 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
M: I believe Jesus inherited "a form and nature" like us. I also believe He came with no propensity to sin. Jesus was not inclined to sin.

A: This is something I did not expect from you. You believe that Jesus was not inclined to sin? So that means that He did not have the "bent to evil" that the rest of us have?

T: Of course Jesus was not inclined to sin. Jesus Christ also did not have a "bent to evil." Jesus Christ took upon His sinless nature our sinful nature. Our sinful nature has certain tendencies, which Christ took upon Him. But Christ never yielded to the temptations of His hereditary inclinations, so it would be very improper to suggest that Jesus Christ was inclined to sin.

Arnold, I agree with Tom. Do you see the difference the way Tom and I do?

Re: Christ Desired and Lusted to Sin? [Re: William] #111414
04/08/09 06:17 PM
04/08/09 06:17 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Oops! I see where I already addressed Arnold's post. Here it is:

M: I believe Jesus inherited "a form and nature" like us. I also believe He came with no propensity to sin. Jesus was not inclined to sin.

A: This is something I did not expect from you. You believe that Jesus was not inclined to sin? So that means that He did not have the "bent to evil" that the rest of us have?

T: Of course Jesus was not inclined to sin. Jesus Christ also did not have a "bent to evil." Jesus Christ took upon His sinless nature our sinful nature. Our sinful nature has certain tendencies, which Christ took upon Him. But Christ never yielded to the temptations of His hereditary inclinations, so it would be very improper to suggest that Jesus Christ was inclined to sin.

W: Paulson bellowed that "a bent toward evil is not the same as evil itself. Nowhere does Inspiration equate the two as one and the same. Both Scripture and Ellen White are clear that such a bent does not of itself constitute sin."

t: a bent toward evil implies wanting evil. or does anyone see it differently?

Arnold, I am in total agreement with Tom on this point. Yes, Jesus had a “bent to evil” in that He took upon Himself our sinful flesh nature. Having a “bent to evil” in this sense in no way means Jesus Himself was inclined to evil or desired to sin. It’s like the difference between believers partaking of the divine nature being divine in nature.

IOW, just because we partake of the divine nature and are able to work the works of God it does not mean we are divine in nature. In the same way, just because Jesus took upon Himself our sinful flesh nature and had to resolutely resist its inherent, natural clamorings for sin it does not mean He was sinful in nature. Nor does it mean having sinful flesh nature corrupted or contaminated Him in any way.

Of course the same is true of born again believers who are abiding in Jesus and who have reached the point where, like Jesus, they are living in perfect harmony with everything Jesus commanded and exemplified in His life and teachings. That is, having sinful flesh nature in no way corrupts or contaminates them. They are in the sight of God spotless, blameless, and without fault or guile. Amen! Thank you Jesus!

This is not to say that those who reach “the sinless condition in which Adam lived before the Fall” (described above) have divested themselves of the bent to evil they inherited at birth (i.e. sinful flesh nature). Sister White makes it painfully clear that we shall have to fight “to subdue and to subject” (not eliminate) our inherited inclination to sin to a sanctified will and mind for as long as we draw breath this side of Paradise Restored. Again, no one is corrupted or contaminated who wages such warfare successfully in Christ.

Do you agree?

PS - Teresaq wrote, "a bent toward evil implies wanting evil". I agree in the sense sinful flesh truly does "want" us to express and experience our innocent and legitimate needs in sinful ways. For those who are abiding in Jesus it not they who want to sin but rather it is their sinful flesh that wants them to sin. Of course sinful flesh cannot actually commit a sin; but it can, and does so vehemently, communicate to us its insatiable desire for us to sin. Is this how you see it?

Re: Christ Desired and Lusted to Sin? [Re: Mountain Man] #111415
04/08/09 06:24 PM
04/08/09 06:24 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
I enjoyed reading what you all had to say about victory in Jesus. Most of the people I meet are operating under assumption that it is *not* possible in this lifetime to reach the point where their thoughts, words, and deeds are in perfect harmony with God's will. They believe Jesus makes up for their unavoidable sins and that it is in this sense that God considers them sinless and safe to save.

Has anyone here ever met anyone who believes this way? If so, how did you deal with it?

Re: Christ Desired and Lusted to Sin? [Re: Mountain Man] #111422
04/08/09 07:46 PM
04/08/09 07:46 PM
Rosangela  Offline
5500+ Member
Brazil
Mike,

???
Are your thoughts, words and deeds in perfect harmony with God's will?

Re: Christ Desired and Lusted to Sin? [Re: Rosangela] #111424
04/08/09 08:09 PM
04/08/09 08:09 PM
W
William  Offline
London, England
Quote:
Are your thoughts, words and deeds in perfect harmony with God's will?

Not a negative question, actually. One answer might be that it doesn't matter whether I myself am "perfect" or not.

Some might thoughtfully argue what ultimately matters most is that the Bible teaches sinless perfection and, like translated Enoch, who did in fact faithfully follow Christ right into heaven, the final generation will thus do likewise.

And, apparently, there are Enoch's in our day. Positive idea, we'd all agree. Well, Mike? Kidding.

William

Last edited by William; 04/08/09 08:55 PM.

:: Harmony not hate leads your opponent's mind to wisdom; beating him there always with tender heart. —Anonymous
Page 79 of 100 1 2 77 78 79 80 81 99 100

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:39 AM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!