HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,630
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 24
kland 13
Daryl 2
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
Daryl
Daryl
Nova Scotia, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (Karen Y, Daryl, dedication, 2 invisible), 2,986 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 87 of 100 1 2 85 86 87 88 89 99 100
Re: Christ Desired and Lusted to Sin? [Re: William] #111734
04/14/09 03:02 PM
04/14/09 03:02 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Quote:
If "salvation" is broader than "justification" then you cannot replace "justification" with "salvation" unless you clarify it by shrinking the meaning of "salvation" to make it fit.

Of course, the same thing is true for "sanctification." (assuming you don't believe "sanctification" is all there is to salvation).

Here's what I'm trying to understand from what you said. You made some sort of differentiation between justification and salvation, saying "sanctification IS salvation" whereas justification was something else. So I asked if one could say, just as well, using the word "salvation" in the same sense you were, that "justification is salvation."

For example, in Zacchaeus' case, Jesus said "Salvation has come to this house." Isn't what had just happened was that Zacchaeus was justified?

In what sense is sanctification salvation, but justification isn't?

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: Christ Desired and Lusted to Sin? [Re: Elle] #111744
04/14/09 03:52 PM
04/14/09 03:52 PM
W
William  Offline
London, England
Quote:
I now believe in a post-laps through and through as I stated in the "Immortality and Jesus Death on the cross" thread.

Huh? Gulp. Did you just say what I think you just said, or did I misunderstand because you were speaking too fast?

I'll hold the sniffle for your reply. (No way, she said that. What? Forget holding that sniffle. Let it pour, man! Whoa, no way.)

Yes, there. I actually thought of you yesterday and wondered why we hadn't heard from you. But thank God all is well!

(Girly sniffler.)

Quote:
Can you tell me what is QODC. Some type of "Questions on Doctrines Commentaries"? Is this document on-line? What about GCB?

But, of course. The QOD part is correct, but the "C" is for Conference. And right here is the link: http://www.andrews.edu/qod/

Go to Downloads and at the bottom of the page you can find the QOD presentations in MP3 or PDF/DOC files.

Each presenter offered intriguing views into the HOC window. Note: Kirkpatrick, Standish, and Douglass are three of the most articulate postlapsarians in Adventism today.

Ironically enough, I believe Arnold mentioned somewhere that Kirkpatrick is even his pastor.

Fancy that. smile

GCB is for General Conference Bulletin. I have the hardcopy, though, you may wish to ask Tom if there is one available online. I believe there was a few years ago, anyway.

Quote:
[1] This garment that Jesus woved in our same flesh and blood, we are to put Jesus garment on rather than weave our own through Jesus' blood? [2] Would the wearing of Jesus holy garment be an equivalent to "washing our garments in the blood of the lamb."?

Perceptive questions. To the first, I would simply say that all who overcome by the blood of Lamb will most definitely be wearing Christ's robe of righteousness as they enter the portals of paradise.

To the second, I will tentatively say, Yes, assuming we're not getting overly complicated on soteriology. Yet penetrating concepts, nevertheless. Thanks for making me squirm. Smile.

Quote:
Yes, I believe that rain is coming down now and will seal the 144,000. Have you ever considered the 7 thunders in Rev 10? The 144,000, of course will give the 3AM but I believe also will be revealed the 7 thunders and be sealed as a result which (my hunch) is 7 important truths that needs to be proclaimed about Jesus and will inspire faith and victory in Him. Revelation talks about a numberless multitude that will respond to the message and will be seal also. I do believe that the humanity of Christ is one of the 7 thunders.

Interesting propositions. You seem to be studying quite a bit! I may just have to go over there and learn a few things or two, eh?

Great stuff, Elle. Especially. . .

(Girly sniffler!)

William

Last edited by William; 04/14/09 03:54 PM.

:: Harmony not hate leads your opponent's mind to wisdom; beating him there always with tender heart. —Anonymous
Re: Christ Desired and Lusted to Sin? [Re: William] #111745
04/14/09 04:01 PM
04/14/09 04:01 PM
W
William  Offline
London, England
You're kidding me. Just googled the GCB 1893 and there it was, Elle. Fantastic.

http://dewsberry.com/content/es/content/atjones/1893GeneralConferenceBulletin-Jones.pdf

William

:: Harmony not hate leads your opponent's mind to wisdom; beating him there always with tender heart. —Anonymous
Re: Christ Desired and Lusted to Sin? [Re: William] #111747
04/14/09 04:29 PM
04/14/09 04:29 PM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Quote:
E: I now believe in a post-laps through and through as I stated in the "Immortality and Jesus Death on the cross" thread.
W: Huh? Gulp. Did you just say what I think you just said, or did I misunderstand because you were speaking too fast?

I'll hold the sniffle for your reply. (No way, she said that. What? Forget holding that sniffle. Let it pour, man! Whoa, no way.)
Did I say something wrong? Well, I came here not knowing much and really didn't hold any views but was studying. Now, this is what I believe according to scripture.

Quote:
(Girly sniffler.)
I don't get this joke. I don't have a cold nor do I sniff smile

Quote:
Great stuff, Elle. Especially. . .
Same to you William. I appreciate very much. Tx for giving me the on-line sources

Quote:
(Girly sniffler!)
There's that sniffle again? Hope you don't have a cold! smile

Blessings
Re: Christ Desired and Lusted to Sin? [Re: Elle] #111748
04/14/09 04:43 PM
04/14/09 04:43 PM
W
William  Offline
London, England
Quote:
I don't get this joke [(Girly sniffler.)]. I don't have a cold nor do I sniff

Actually, she is I. wink And she was simply filled with, um, manly droplets of wonderment, shall we say.

William

Re: Christ Desired and Lusted to Sin? [Re: William] #111750
04/14/09 06:52 PM
04/14/09 06:52 PM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Oooohhh! I got it now. Sorry, but I'm terribly slow in catching jokes and reading between the lines. If you don't talk straight with me, you're in high risk to not being understood.

So you're sniffling for me. Aaaahhhh! how sweet: blush Because I have converted into your camp? Right.

Well hold your sniffles because you might not agree with how I got into your camp. smirk Oh well! We're not here to please man's ideology or thoughts. Right!

Blessings
Re: Christ Desired and Lusted to Sin? [Re: Elle] #111757
04/14/09 08:31 PM
04/14/09 08:31 PM
asygo  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

5500+ Member
California, USA
Originally Posted By: Elle
So you're sniffling for me. Aaaahhhh! how sweet: blush Because I have converted into your camp? Right.

NOOOOOOOO!!! Come back before it is too late! If you join that side, constantly consume your thoughts, it will. Always tell people what they must do, you will; never what God has already done. wink

Seriously, be careful where you tread. I will not say that you cannot have a viable Christian experience being a postlapsarian, as has been said about me for being a non-postlapsarian. But of those I have met, in person and online, few are gracious to those with whom they disagree, allowing for the possibility of some error in their own understanding and embracing the possibility to learn something new.

As a side note, since William brought it up, Kirkpatrick is one of those few. That's why we were able to hammer on this for a couple of years, without once getting disagreeable. We spent most of our time asking lots of questions trying to figure out what the other was saying, rather than trying to point out where the other was wrong. No accusations of antinomianism or legalism, no accusations of heresy, no fear in saying "I don't know" when we didn't know.

Though not common, it is possible to generate more light than heat on this topic. We just have have to remember that grace is not something reserved for the last generation to overcome their faults, but something accessible to each of us today.

By God's grace,
Arnold

There is no excuse for any one in taking the position that there is no more truth to be revealed, and that all our expositions of Scripture are without an error. The fact that certain doctrines have been held as truth for many years by our people, is not a proof that our ideas are infallible. Age will not make error into truth, and truth can afford to be fair. No true doctrine will lose anything by close investigation. RH 12/20/1892
Re: Christ Desired and Lusted to Sin? [Re: asygo] #111759
04/14/09 08:56 PM
04/14/09 08:56 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Quote:
But of those I have met, in person and online, few are gracious to those with whom they disagree, allowing for the possibility of some error in their own understanding and embracing the possibility to learn something new.

You run around in the wrong circles! I know many postlaps that are very gracious in this area. For example, Bill Brace, the evangelist for the Massachusettes Conference is one. When I first started studying the 1888 Message, I introduced myself and said something to the effect that it had come to my attention that he was someone who understood the 1888 message, and he denied it, which took me aback. He said that he had been studying the message, and appreciated it (He didn't want to be arrogant and say he understood it is the point).

I know many people like this, fans of the 1888 message, who are gracious and humble in the manner you are describing.

It's difficult on the Internet to come across with any sort of grace, as the medium denies the use of voice or body language, so posts come out several orders dryer and colder than intended.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: Christ Desired and Lusted to Sin? [Re: asygo] #111760
04/14/09 09:50 PM
04/14/09 09:50 PM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Quote:
Seriously, be careful where you tread. I will not say that you cannot have a viable Christian experience being a postlapsarian, as has been said about me for being a non-postlapsarian. But of those I have met, in person and online, few are gracious to those with whom they disagree, allowing for the possibility of some error in their own understanding and embracing the possibility to learn something new.
Arnold, being a postlapsarian or a non-postlapsararian, does it imply that you have certain belief in regards Victory over sin? Can a postlapsarian believe in 100% Victory in Jesus like I now embrace wholeheartedly? Jesus depended 100% on His Father. Or does it imply that I believe in my works? Because if it implies the works orientation, well then I don't want to say in public I'm a postlapsarian.

Can you tell me exactly what a non-postlapsarian believe that differ so much from the postlapsarian?. Does it all pivot on "He, as the second Adam, did not possess a single taint of our sinful propensities and passions"? I know this phrase is a biggy and is responsible for over half this thread.

I had ask the question in the past in regard to Jesus brain structure. Did He possess inherited neuro-pathways connecting to sinful propensities? Just because you inherited a brain wired for sinful propensities, it still needs an action to strenghten these bad pathways, and since Jesus had the indwelling of the Father's spirit in Him from conception, these bad pathways with time gotten weak and eventually partially replaced by his surrendered selfless life tendensies.

I know the whole focuss of the debate is also in regards to the definition of sin and that it is a moral/spiritual dimension. I too believe in that. I would appreciate some light.

Blessings
Re: Christ Desired and Lusted to Sin? [Re: Elle] #111766
04/14/09 10:56 PM
04/14/09 10:56 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Quote:
Because if it implies the works orientation, well then I don't want to say in public I'm a postlapsarian.

This was very funny.

Regarding the differences, it looks to me like you hit upon it. In the Original Sin idea, if one has certain tendencies, then one is guilty of sin. Therefore Christ could not have had the same genetic tendencies we do, because if He did, He would have been guilty of sin.

On a thread somewhere Arnold talked about how it is more difficult for us to resist temptation than for Christ because these temptations were not something which would appeal to Christ whereas they are for us. Actually, to make sure I'm not misrepresenting Arnold's thought, here's what he said:

Quote:
A:Hence, it is harder for such to avoid sin because he likes it.

T:Harder than for Christ?

A:Of course. The sinner who likes sin would have a much more difficult time rejecting than Jesus whose nature recoiled from evil. It's just like my wife, compared to me, has a much harder time avoiding avocados because she likes it, while just the thought of it entering my mouth makes me want to throw up. Don't you agree that it's much harder for her to avoid avocados?

This is a big difference between postlaps and prelaps. A postlap would say the temptations were of the same nature for Christ as they are for us, and just as difficult. Actually, Christ's were more difficult, because, given that He never sinned, He was able to stand more. He's like the one tree in a hurricane that doesn't go down. If we ask the question, which tree most felt the force of the wind, it's the one which didn't go down.

Page 87 of 100 1 2 85 86 87 88 89 99 100

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:39 AM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!