HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,639
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 21
kland 6
Daryl 2
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Kevin H, dedication, Karen Y, TheophilusOne, 2 invisible), 3,115 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 15 of 49 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 48 49
Re: Christ Desired and Lusted to Sin? [Re: teresaq] #112307
04/27/09 02:11 PM
04/27/09 02:11 PM
W
William  Offline
London, England
Quote:
i have an idea. instead of assuming someone believes these things because they dont see eye-to-eye with you, why not ask if they believe that? we might have a real discussion with real people instead of having a discussion with our preconceptions of what those people are saying. but thats just an idea. after all, what would i know.

TQ, it would help in our discussion if we knew more of what you actually believed about whether Christ desired and lusted to sin, then the issue of assumptions might dissipate.

You asking only questions is fine, of course, but articulating your own set of beliefs in a clear manner would enable a more successful debate on the merits of the three identified groups: postfall, prefall, and synthetic (a combination of the two).

Quote:
i have an idea. instead of assuming someone believes these things because they dont see eye-to-eye with you, why not ask if they believe that?

This is certainly a reasonable observation. But to be fair, I don't believe I have based my comments about someone's position because of disagreement but because of information.

For example: if Arnold says he's non-postfall; agrees he's not prefall; disagrees with postfall Tom; argues against postfall theology; harmonizes with Whidden; disharmonizes with Kirkpatrick; et cetera; then, can't I correctly conclude, based on this information alone, that he's a synthetic?

(Sorry for taking your venerable name in vain, mate!)

Now, you're absolutely right, TQ, I could "ask if they believe that." And maybe you bring up a good point here, one worth seriously considering. Nevertheless, mum always taught us foolish boys to ever revere that ancient Chinese proverb found in the Tao Te Ching:

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck. . .

(Kidding, Elle!) grin

William

:: Harmony not hate leads your opponent's mind to wisdom; beating him there always with tender heart. —Anonymous
Reply Quote
Re: Christ Desired and Lusted to Sin? [Re: teresaq] #112317
04/27/09 07:13 PM
04/27/09 07:13 PM
W
William  Offline
London, England
Quote:
im not aware of anyone responding to this post #112163. if i am not coming across clearly im at a complete loss as to how to get clearer.

My apologizes if I've been less than clear myself, TQ. I'll try a little harder to correctly discern your ideas.

Oh, BTW, what I write is not only a reply to those commenting on this thread, as this may be only a minor motivation, but the greater impulse in sharing these reinforcing snippets extends across invisible lines to the lurking undecided and those desperately needing encouragement for Adventism's foundations.

William

Last edited by William; 04/27/09 08:05 PM.

:: Harmony not hate leads your opponent's mind to wisdom; beating him there always with tender heart. —Anonymous
Reply Quote
Re: Christ Desired and Lusted to Sin? [Re: William] #112319
04/27/09 08:12 PM
04/27/09 08:12 PM
W
William  Offline
London, England
More on the subtle pitfalls of Andreasen's so-called "new theology" from LK:

"But Jesus laid aside the powers which were His by right as God; He remained God still; but He came to our world and did much more than take a skin graft or a heart valve from broken humanity; He became as human as we are. He entered into the experience of men who face life every day in sinful flesh, in a flesh that clamors and pulls and provokes to selfishness. He took not just flesh, but He became a whole human person—a whole, fallen-fleshed human person. He defeated sin on the same battlefield as sin must be defeated in my life and in yours.

"But the New Theology always opts for some other position than this. Jesus takes part of our humanity but not all of it. The New Theology will always present Christ’s nature as being like Adam’s before the Fall, or partly like Adam’s and partly like ours, a synthetic blend, a plastic Jesus, an imaginary and malleable God-man to whom few Joe-average humans like ourselves can relate. The key position which the New Theology inevitably battles, is that Jesus took the humanity of a whole, after-the-Fall human being."

William

Reply Quote
Re: Christ Desired and Lusted to Sin? [Re: William] #112322
04/27/09 09:07 PM
04/27/09 09:07 PM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: William

"But Jesus laid aside the powers which were His by right as God; He remained God still
I see your behaving yourself William. Good!

Is it Andreasen that wrote this quote? So he believed that Jesus laid behind his divine powers? Do yo believe this also? And who else writes about this? I understand that our pioneers were postfall, however, did they believe that Jesus laid his power behind too? Phil 2:6-8

BTW. I have ducks and they don't quack like ducks smile

Blessings
Reply Quote
Re: Christ Desired and Lusted to Sin? [Re: William] #112323
04/27/09 09:12 PM
04/27/09 09:12 PM
teresaq  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

Very Dedicated Member
CA, USA

"But Jesus laid aside the powers which were His by right as God; He remained God still; but He came to our world and did much more than take a skin graft or a heart valve from broken humanity; He became as human as we are. He entered into the experience of men who face life every day in sinful flesh, in a flesh that clamors and pulls and provokes to selfishness. He took not just flesh, but He became a whole human person—a whole, fallen-fleshed human person. He defeated sin on the same battlefield as sin must be defeated in my life and in yours.

"But the New Theology always opts for some other position than this. Jesus takes part of our humanity but not all of it. The New Theology will always present Christ’s nature as being like Adam’s before the Fall, or partly like Adam’s and partly like ours, a synthetic blend, a plastic Jesus, an imaginary and malleable God-man to whom few Joe-average humans like ourselves can relate. The key position which the New Theology inevitably battles, is that Jesus took the humanity of a whole, after-the-Fall human being."

William

i guess adam was not completely human before he fell according to this reasoning. once adam fell he became a "whole human person". frown

but at least i got a definition for that "clamoring" used so often, one that i can understand: "in a flesh that clamors and pulls and provokes to selfishness".

Psa 64:5 ...an evil matter: they commune of laying snares privily; they say, Who shall see them?

Psa 7:14 Behold, he travaileth with iniquity, and hath conceived mischief, and brought forth falsehood. 15 He made a pit, and digged it, and is fallen into the ditch which he made. 16 His mischief (and his violent dealing) shall return upon his own head.

Psa 7:17 I will praise the LORD according to his righteousness: and will sing praise to the name of the LORD most high.
Reply Quote
Re: Christ Desired and Lusted to Sin? [Re: Elle] #112324
04/27/09 09:16 PM
04/27/09 09:16 PM
W
William  Offline
London, England
Quote:
Is it Andreasen that wrote this quote?

Whoops. Thanks, Elle. Andreasen apparently coined the term "new theology," while Pastor Kirkpatrick wrote the quote in question.

Quote:
I see your behaving yourself William. Good!

Ha, brilliant. Mr. Thomas has me a short leash. Did you see that he recently made a funny, graphics and all?!

Quote:
So he believed that Jesus laid behind his divine powers? Do yo believe this also? And who else writes about this?

Good point, young lady. Let me think on it a bit before answering, because I'm tired of misunderstanding things, if you know what I mean. wave

William

Reply Quote
Re: Christ Desired and Lusted to Sin? [Re: teresaq] #112325
04/27/09 09:32 PM
W
William  Offline
London, England
Quote:
i guess adam was not completely human before he fell according to this reasoning. once adam fell he became a "whole human person".

Hi TQ, yeah, I see where that can be a bit confusing.

Quote:
but at least i got a definition for that "clamoring" used so often, one that i can understand: "in a flesh that clamors and pulls and provokes to selfishness".

There it is, and hey, who said miracles don't happen, huh? Smiling.

William

Last edited by William; 04/27/09 09:33 PM.

Reply Quote
Re: Christ Desired and Lusted to Sin? [Re: William] #112326
teresaq  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

Very Dedicated Member
CA, USA
Quote:
im not aware of anyone responding to this post #112163. if i am not coming across clearly im at a complete loss as to how to get clearer.

My apologizes if I've been less than clear myself, TQ. I'll try a little harder to correctly discern your ideas.

Oh, BTW, what I write is not only a reply to those commenting on this thread, as this may be only a minor motivation, but the greater impulse in sharing these reinforcing snippets extends across invisible lines to the lurking undecided and those desperately needing encouragement for Adventism's foundations.

William

i can understand your motivation, but i believe that if people want to know what the pioneers taught and what our theology is they should go read them-the pioneers and egw-and not, i stress not, read anyones "history" of that. no matter how sincer the person may be giving any history it is, in the long run, based on their understanding of what was believed, and sometimes not an honest presentation of facts. at least not as i have discovered in checking what is said they said or believed against what they actually said and taught.

and thank you. i would appreciate that. you may still disagree with my conclusions and feel the need to "correct" me, but at least, hopefully, it will be what i think that you are dealing with, and not someones elses accusations of what is being said.

Psa 64:5 ...an evil matter: they commune of laying snares privily; they say, Who shall see them?

Psa 7:14 Behold, he travaileth with iniquity, and hath conceived mischief, and brought forth falsehood. 15 He made a pit, and digged it, and is fallen into the ditch which he made. 16 His mischief (and his violent dealing) shall return upon his own head.

Psa 7:17 I will praise the LORD according to his righteousness: and will sing praise to the name of the LORD most high.
Reply Quote
Re: Christ Desired and Lusted to Sin? [Re: teresaq] #112327
04/27/09 09:37 PM
04/27/09 09:37 PM
W
William  Offline
London, England
Quote:
i can understand your motivation, but i believe that if people want to know what the pioneers taught and what our theology is they should go read them-the pioneers and egw-and not, i stress not, read anyones "history" of that. no matter how sincer the person may be giving any history it is, in the long run, based on their understanding of what was believed, and sometimes not an honest presentation of facts. at least not as i have discovered in checking what is said they said or believed against what they actually said and taught.

and thank you. i would appreciate that. you may still disagree with my conclusions and feel the need to "correct" me, but at least, hopefully, it will be what i think that you are dealing with, and not someones elses accusations of what is being said.

True, good point on the first paragraph. And thanks, I hear you, on the second.

William

Reply Quote
Re: Christ Desired and Lusted to Sin? [Re: William] #112328
04/27/09 09:39 PM
04/27/09 09:39 PM
teresaq  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

Very Dedicated Member
CA, USA
Quote:
i guess adam was not completely human before he fell according to this reasoning. once adam fell he became a "whole human person".

Hi TQ, yeah, I see where that can be a bit confusing.

Quote:

There it is, and hey, who said miracles don't happen, huh? Smiling.

and i like the definition. it puts everything in perspective. ill stop there and save the objections to the other for another time since we are getting along so nicely now. smile

Reply Quote
Page 15 of 49 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 48 49
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/20/24 12:54 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/16/24 02:17 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by kland. 05/17/24 04:47 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!