HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,596
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 14
kland 9
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
4 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, ProdigalOne, 1 invisible), 3,202 guests, and 11 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 17 18
Re: Lesson #6 - Sin [Re: asygo] #112787
05/08/09 04:12 AM
05/08/09 04:12 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Quote:
What would they need salvation for, if they are guiltless as you believe?

To go to heaven a person needs to have a character in harmony with the principles of God's government. This requires grace for all fallen humans, whether infants or not.

Quote:
I think babies need a Saviour. But then, I believe babies are born lost.

They're not born lost. Both Scripture and the SOP make this clear.

Quote:
It follows then that just as the result of a single transgression is a condemnation which extends to the whole race, so also the result of a single decree of righteousness is a life-giving acquittal which extends to the whole race.(Romans 5:18 Weymeth)

Quote:
He took in His grasp the world over which Satan claimed to preside as his lawful territory, and by His wonderful work in giving His life, He restored the whole race of men to favor with God.(1SM 343)

If a baby is born with a Savior, then clearly it's not born lost.

Regarding post #112782, eternal death takes place as a result of one's own choice, not Adam's. Physical death comes upon us because of Adam's choice.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Reply Quote
Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Re: Lesson #6 - Sin [Re: Tom] #112793
05/08/09 07:48 AM
05/08/09 07:48 AM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden
Originally Posted By: Tom
Babies need a Savior because their salvation is dependent upon the faith of their parents, and without a Savior their parents could have no faith.
The question is, where can you substantiate this in scripture? How long does this situation of salvation by proxy linger?

Galatians 2
21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

It is so hazardous to take here a little and there a little. If you put the right little's together you can make the bible teach anything you wish. //Graham Maxwell
Reply Quote
Re: Lesson #6 - Sin [Re: Tom] #112795
05/08/09 09:35 AM
05/08/09 09:35 AM
asygo  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

5500+ Member
California, USA
Originally Posted By: Tom
To go to heaven a person needs to have a character in harmony with the principles of God's government. This requires grace for all fallen humans, whether infants or not.
If a baby is born with a Savior, then clearly it's not born lost.

Is anyone born with a character in harmony with God's principles? If not, doesn't that mean that no baby, of itself, is in harmony with God's principles?

Born with a Savior - I can live with that. If one was born without a Savior, is he lost? If someone needs a Savior, doesn't that mean that he needs to be saved?

Born needing a Savior - can you live with that?

By God's grace,
Arnold

There is no excuse for any one in taking the position that there is no more truth to be revealed, and that all our expositions of Scripture are without an error. The fact that certain doctrines have been held as truth for many years by our people, is not a proof that our ideas are infallible. Age will not make error into truth, and truth can afford to be fair. No true doctrine will lose anything by close investigation. RH 12/20/1892
Reply Quote
Re: Lesson #6 - Sin [Re: asygo] #112806
05/08/09 03:54 PM
05/08/09 03:54 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Quote:
Is anyone born with a character in harmony with God's principles?

A character is developed. There's not a lot of revelation on this subject. 3SM has some things, as I recall. I can share what makes sense to me.

If a baby would develop a character in harmony with the principles of heaven, God will take that child to heaven. In general, God will take anyone to heaven who would be happy there.

Some babies would not be able to develop such a character. 3SM goes into the reasons why.

Quote:
If not, doesn't that mean that no baby, of itself, is in harmony with God's principles?

We all have sinful natures. We all need the grace of God. I'm not sure what you're asking here.

Quote:
Born with a Savior - I can live with that.

Good! Without a Savior, we couldn't live physically. DA 660 tells us, "To the death of Christ, we owe even this earthly life." So even the wicked have a Savior. He's referred to as "The Savior of the world" or "The Savior of every man" (depending on the translation) a number of times. Of course, this isn't the same thing as *accepting* Christ as a personal Savior, so eternal life is not conferred through this.

Quote:
If one was born without a Savior, is he lost?

This isn't possible. One cannot even exist without a Savior.

Quote:
If someone needs a Savior, doesn't that mean that he needs to be saved?

No. One could already be saved, but this doesn't imply one doesn't need a Savior.

Quote:

Born needing a Savior - can you live with that?

Yes. We all need a Savior, even if we are saved.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Reply Quote
Re: Lesson #6 - Sin [Re: Tom] #112840
05/08/09 10:15 PM
05/08/09 10:15 PM
Rosangela  Offline
5500+ Member
Brazil
Quote:
Babies need a Savior because their salvation is dependent upon the faith of their parents, and without a Savior their parents could have no faith.

Tom, I don't know how many reasons you have already given for a baby needing a Savior, but you outdid yourself in that one.
If their salvation is dependent upon the faith of their parents, it's obvious that they need salvation in the first place. Why do they need salvation? Salvation from what?

Reply Quote
Re: Lesson #6 - Sin [Re: Tom] #112841
05/08/09 10:26 PM
05/08/09 10:26 PM
Rosangela  Offline
5500+ Member
Brazil
Quote:
A: If not, doesn't that mean that no baby, of itself, is in harmony with God's principles?
T: We all have sinful natures. We all need the grace of God.

Do babies need the grace of God because they have sinful natures? Did Christ need the grace of God? What do you do with the statement that those who have never sinned do not need grace?

Quote:
A: If someone needs a Savior, doesn't that mean that he needs to be saved?
T: No.

Is your contention that babies need a Savior but they don't need to be saved?

Reply Quote
Re: Lesson #6 - Sin [Re: Rosangela] #112842
05/08/09 10:28 PM
05/08/09 10:28 PM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden
The paradox of retaining the biblical truth that there is not one human who is righteous, not one who seeks God, all being turned aside. And at the same time trying to throw out original sin.
Sometimes people invent the wheel only to find out that it has the earliest imaginable history.

Galatians 2
21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

It is so hazardous to take here a little and there a little. If you put the right little's together you can make the bible teach anything you wish. //Graham Maxwell
Reply Quote
Re: Lesson #6 - Sin [Re: Daryl] #112849
05/09/09 12:09 AM
05/09/09 12:09 AM
Rick H  Offline

Group: Admin Team
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
Originally Posted By: Daryl Fawcett
From Tuesday's section:
Quote:

Theologians often distinguish between the sinful acts that we commit and the sinful nature that we possess. We all have been corrupted by Adam's fall; we all are deemed sinners even before we sin.

Are we all deemed to be sinners before we even sin?

How can this be so?

I would be interested in some answers on this.

I usually say simply, that through Adam we received sin and the wages that come from it and that is why we die, even the innocents. From the second Adam, Jesus Christ we receive eternal life.

Last edited by Richard; 05/09/09 12:17 AM.
Reply Quote
Re: Lesson #6 - Sin [Re: Rick H] #112855
05/09/09 01:08 AM
05/09/09 01:08 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Quote:
The paradox of retaining the biblical truth that there is not one human who is righteous, not one who seeks God, all being turned aside. And at the same time trying to throw out original sin.
Sometimes people invent the wheel only to find out that it has the earliest imaginable history.

It seems again you're not understanding what Original Sin is. It is not having a sinful nature, which seems to be your thinking.

Yes, we all have sinned, and our sinful nature has played a hand in this. But his has nothing to do with Original Sin! Original Sin has to do with the idea that we incur *guilt* simply by having a sinful nature *irregardless of whether we sin or not*.

Even if a person never sinned, by virtue of having a sinful nature, he would still be guilty! I think this point is being missed.

Reply Quote
Re: Lesson #6 - Sin [Re: Rosangela] #112857
05/09/09 01:12 AM
05/09/09 01:12 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Originally Posted By: Rosangela
Quote:

Tom, I don't know how many reasons you have already given for a baby needing a Savior, but you outdid yourself in that one.
If their salvation is dependent upon the faith of their parents, it's obvious that they need salvation in the first place. Why do they need salvation? Salvation from what?

From sin of course. As Waggoner stated, "sin is in every fiber of our being by nature." All human beings need grace. Babies are dependent upon their parents in this regard. 3SM discusses this.

Quote:
A: If someone needs a Savior, doesn't that mean that he needs to be saved?
T: No.

Is your contention that babies need a Savior but they don't need to be saved?

No. If you read the following question by Arnold and my response to that in the post from which this quote was taken, my meaning should be clear.

Reply Quote
Page 4 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 17 18
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/25/24 09:37 AM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/24/24 02:15 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!