HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,597
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 15
kland 9
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
4 registered members (Karen Y, Daryl, dedication, 1 invisible), 3,315 guests, and 15 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Sabbath Keeping Bees in Brazil? [Re: kland] #115090
06/25/09 11:55 AM
06/25/09 11:55 AM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Can animals sin?

I guess I would regard what Daryl said about worship and corporate worship.

Re: Sabbath Keeping Bees in Brazil? [Re: kland] #115092
06/25/09 12:30 PM
06/25/09 12:30 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Animals lie. You tell a dog he can't go somewhere, and he goes there, and you ask him about it, he won't admit it.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: Sabbath Keeping Bees in Brazil? [Re: Tom] #115093
06/25/09 02:15 PM
06/25/09 02:15 PM
Daryl  Online Canadian
OP
Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
caution Let us not go off on a tangent here. caution

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Re: Sabbath Keeping Bees in Brazil? [Re: Daryl] #115102
06/26/09 12:29 AM
06/26/09 12:29 AM
teresaq  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

Very Dedicated Member
CA, USA
while God rested on the seventh day, He was still working.

Gen 2:1 Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.
Gen 2:2 And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.
Gen 2:3 And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

God rested from creating this earth. there was nothing more He could do for it to make it more "good". but He continued working.

acknowledge the continual working of God in nature. Deity is the author of nature. The natural world has in itself no inherent power but that which God supplies. How strange, then; that so many make a deity of nature! God furnishes the matter and the properties with which to carry out his plans. Nature is but his agency. {GCDB, March 6, 1899 par. 8}
The hand of God is continually guiding the globe in its continuous march around the sun. The same hand which holds the mountains, and balances them in positions, guides and keeps in order the respective planets. All the wonderful glories in the heavens are but doing their appointed work. Vegetation flourishes because of the agencies employed by the great and mighty God. He sends the dew and the rain and the sunshine, that verdure may spring forth, and spread its green carpet over the earth, that the shrubs and the fruit-trees may bud and blossom and bring forth fruit. It is not to be supposed that a law is set in operation for the seed to work of itself,--that the leaf appears because it must do so of itself. It is through the immediate agency of God that every tiny seed breaks through the earth, and springs into life. Every green leaf grows, every flower blooms, through the working power of God. {GCDB, March 6, 1899 par. 9}

the priest worked more on the sabbath day than any other day.

Joh 5:16 And therefore did the Jews persecute Jesus, and sought to slay him, because he had done these things on the sabbath day.
Joh 5:17 But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work.

Exo 20:10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:

while we are not to put our animals to work as we would any other day, my observations on this ranch is that they do the same things on the sabbath as they do any other day.

the birds and bees and other wild animals also do the same things every day regardless of what day it it.

they all hunt food.

Psa 64:5 ...an evil matter: they commune of laying snares privily; they say, Who shall see them?

Psa 7:14 Behold, he travaileth with iniquity, and hath conceived mischief, and brought forth falsehood. 15 He made a pit, and digged it, and is fallen into the ditch which he made. 16 His mischief (and his violent dealing) shall return upon his own head.

Psa 7:17 I will praise the LORD according to his righteousness: and will sing praise to the name of the LORD most high.
Re: Sabbath Keeping Bees in Brazil? [Re: teresaq] #115111
06/26/09 10:51 AM
06/26/09 10:51 AM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Quote:
while we are not to put our animals to work as we would any other day, my observations on this ranch is that they do the same things on the sabbath as they do any other day.

the birds and bees and other wild animals also do the same things every day regardless of what day it it.

they all hunt food.
My sheeps don't hunt for food, they just take a step and eat. And then lie down to chew their cud. However, it is true that the farm animals and a great majority of animals we observe today there's not that much differences from any other day. But we shouldn't forget we are living with 6000 years of degenerative and subjection to sin. Should we assume that's how it is going to be in the new earth or in heaven also? Are we to assume that animals can't keep the sabbath?

The bees in Brazil is a true phenomena. The bee keepers knows that these amazonian wild bees do rest every sabbath for as long as they have known from generation of keeping bees. I don't think they have any incentive to lie to Dr.Sang Lee when asked the question. Are we going to label as lyers the many generations bee keepers, Dr. Sang Lee who eye witness the phenomena, and the missionaries that reported the same? Do we need to have an extensive Scientific study before we can talk about this phenomena on this forum?

I can't believe how much resistance there is in beholding God's wonders. God preserve this unique phenomena for our growth, so we can pondered on it and be blessed in return.

We're up to 5 pages and we still haven't started talking about God's wonders in relation to these bees. I see no possibility of sharing and discussing what Dr.Lee shared with this persistent <resistance> spirit here.

Blessings
Re: Sabbath Keeping Bees in Brazil? [Re: Elle] #115116
06/26/09 12:35 PM
06/26/09 12:35 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Quote:
My sheeps don't hunt for food, they just take a step and eat.
Ummm....

Quote:
Do we need to have an extensive Scientific study before we can talk about this phenomena on this forum?
I don't believe anyone asked for "extensive" study. But do you think it wrong to ask for evidence to back up a claim? Do you think just because someone (else) says, I had a dream, we should therefore conclude it is true?

I for one can't believe how some are so willing to believe anything someone says. I guess I've lived long enough to have been duped often enough to use caution when someone wants to sell me ocean front property in Arizona.

Evolutionists tell us scientists are experts and they tell us life is billions of years old. Should we therefore believe it is true?

I recall objecting to someone who forwarded an e-mail about McDonald's teaming up with Bill Gates to give them lots of money for just forwarding the e-mail to everyone they knew. I questioned if that was even reasonable. They responded that it might not be true, but they have to believe it because they hated their job and this was the only way out.
Urban legend is what it was called.

What's so wrong with asking if the bees do rest?
What's so wrong to ask when do they rest?
What's so wrong to ask how do they rest?
What's wrong with asking how many observed this?
What's wrong with asking why searching for "Sabbath keeping bees" only turns up the one video site (without text) and this one?
What's so wrong with asking what would be the purpose of them resting?
What's so wrong with asking why just these bees and not others?
What's so wrong with asking if bees can sin?
What's so wrong with asking how that enters into the corporate worship idea?

What's wrong with critical thinking?

Re: Sabbath Keeping Bees in Brazil? [Re: kland] #115118
06/26/09 01:12 PM
06/26/09 01:12 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
What is the scientific name of these bees? Perhaps that would yield more results.

Re: Sabbath Keeping Bees in Brazil? [Re: kland] #115123
06/26/09 03:53 PM
06/26/09 03:53 PM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Originally Posted By: kland
What is the scientific name of these bees? Perhaps that would yield more results.

This seems to be a good article, and mentions a number of the possible species within the genus. So far in this thread, I have seen only the genus referenced, so it may be that multiple species exhibit the same behavior. In any case, the article is good, and I learned a few things. smile

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meliponini

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: Sabbath Keeping Bees in Brazil? [Re: Elle] #115126
06/26/09 04:14 PM
06/26/09 04:14 PM
teresaq  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

Very Dedicated Member
CA, USA
Originally Posted By: Elle
Quote:

the birds and bees and other wild animals also do the same things every day regardless of what day it is.
they all hunt food.

perhaps this is the problem in understanding. somehow you connected sheep with the last sentence instead of the sentence that came before the last sentence.

aside from that, you have brought a few topics here that i get the distinct impression one is to accept without question or reservation, regardless of the evidence to the contrary, or how one reads that evidence. if not believed i have seen a very unnerving judgmental position taken.

that spirit has forced millions for centuries to accept false beliefs and will be used to force sabbath keepers to keep sunday.

my bible is insistent that i study Christ and Him crucified for my salvation. it does not say i have to accept spurious beliefs of others.

Quote:
God preserve this unique phenomena for our growth, so we can pondered on it and be blessed in return.
what "growth" might that be? it seems to me that a more convincing fact would be if all creatures, domestic or wild, "rested" on the sabbath and were miraculously cared for that one day, than bees that the vast majority of people will never know about. but it seems that God wants us to accept the sabbath because we love Him and has no intention of forcing anyone, in any form, to accept it for any other reason.

and our "sheeps", goats, cows, etc., come in at night and have to walk to where the pasture is. once that is nubbed down they have to look for more. i would say that is a form of "hunting".

Psa 64:5 ...an evil matter: they commune of laying snares privily; they say, Who shall see them?

Psa 7:14 Behold, he travaileth with iniquity, and hath conceived mischief, and brought forth falsehood. 15 He made a pit, and digged it, and is fallen into the ditch which he made. 16 His mischief (and his violent dealing) shall return upon his own head.

Psa 7:17 I will praise the LORD according to his righteousness: and will sing praise to the name of the LORD most high.
Re: Sabbath Keeping Bees in Brazil? [Re: teresaq] #115133
06/26/09 06:32 PM
06/26/09 06:32 PM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: teresaq
Originally Posted By: Elle
Quote:

the birds and bees and other wild animals also do the same things every day regardless of what day it is.
they all hunt food.

perhaps this is the problem in understanding. somehow you connected sheep with the last sentence instead of the sentence that came before the last sentence.
Yes Teresa, I did connect that last sentence to the farm animals too. However, nevertheless I did agree with your point and developped it further. I think you miss my next sentence yourself as followed:
Quote:
My sheeps don't hunt for food, they just take a step and eat. And then lie down to chew their cud. However, it is true that the farm animals and a great majority of animals we observe today there's not that much differences from any other day. But we shouldn't forget we are living with 6000 years of degenerative and subjection to sin. Should we assume that's how it is going to be in the new earth or in heaven also? Are we to assume that animals can't keep the sabbath?

Originally Posted By: teresa
aside from that, you have brought a few topics here that i get the distinct impression one is to accept without question or reservation, regardless of the evidence to the contrary, or how one reads that evidence. if not believed i have seen a very unnerving judgmental position taken.

that spirit has forced millions for centuries to accept false beliefs and will be used to force sabbath keepers to keep sunday.

my bible is insistent that i study Christ and Him crucified for my salvation. it does not say i have to accept spurious beliefs of others.
Teresa, I just wanted to share something wonderful about this phenomena which I haven't had a chance yet. And definetly you are not helping this situation either.

Quote:
Elle: God preserve this unique phenomena for our growth, so we can pondered on it and be blessed in return.

Theresa : what "growth" might that be? it seems to me that a more convincing fact would be if all creatures, domestic or wild, "rested" on the sabbath and were miraculously cared for that one day, than bees that the vast majority of people will never know about. but it seems that God wants us to accept the sabbath because we love Him and has no intention of forcing anyone, in any form, to accept it for any other reason.
There's something really important and if we explore what Dr. Lee is saying, it would be a blessing.
Quote:
and our "sheeps", goats, cows, etc., come in at night and have to walk to where the pasture is. once that is nubbed down they have to look for more. i would say that is a form of "hunting".
Hunting it is. I have no problem with that.

Blessings
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/25/24 09:37 AM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/24/24 02:15 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!