HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,636
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 21
kland 7
Daryl 2
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, Daryl, 2 invisible), 3,466 guests, and 12 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
Re: Harmony with God #11433
12/16/04 12:11 PM
12/16/04 12:11 PM
C
Claudia Thompson  Offline
England
Hi Doug,

I like some of the fake vegetarian stuff too, like Cedar Lake and La Loma and Worthington Foods. Some of them you can can take any recipe you'd use for meat and just substitute.

I think you can eat stuff like macaroni and cheese once in a while ... most of the time you could have whole grain macaroni and they have lots of recipes for "cheeseless cheese" you can make that doesnt have all the fat... they even have Cedar Lake cheeseless sauce that is good.

Its best to slowly change over your diet and substitute good stuff for the bad, as you learn different methods of cooking, different recipes and so on.

Hold on, I will try and find a quote for you that I have tried to keep in mind by James White..

Claudia

Re: Harmony with God #11434
12/16/04 12:19 PM
12/16/04 12:19 PM
C
England
Well growl, I cant find it right now, but anyway it was a quote by James White, its in Councils on Diet and Foods and it says something like that we should make sure to change our diet but to do it one thing at a time when we get a good victory over one thing... then move onto the next.

Some people go too far and just think they should get rid of this and that "bad" thing and they dont take care to add the good dietary things their body needs.

Eccl:10:17: Blessed art thou, O land, when thy king is the son of nobles, and thy princes eat in due season, for strength, and not for drunkenness!

[Tasty]

Re: Harmony with God #11435
12/16/04 08:28 PM
12/16/04 08:28 PM
C
England
Doug,

I typed in the right key words into that online Ellen White writings site and found the quotation I was looking for... here it is (sorry its in all capital letters)

Counsels on Diet and Foods, page 498, paragraph 1
Chapter Title: Teaching Health Principles
WHILE TOBACCO, TEA, AND COFFEE MAY BE LEFT AT ONCE, ONE AT A TIME, HOWEVER, BY THOSE WHO ARE SO UNFORTUNATE AS TO BE SLAVES TO ALL, CHANGES IN DIET SHOULD BE MADE CAREFULLY, ONE AT A TIME. AND WHILE SHE WOULD SAY THIS TO THOSE WHO ARE IN DANGER OF MAKING CHANGES TOO RAPIDLY, SHE WOULD ALSO SAY TO THE TARDY, BE SURE AND NOT FORGET TO CHANGE. THE PLAINEST FACTS POSSIBLE DEMAND A CHANGE FROM THE COMMON HABITS OF LIFE, BUT LET THEM NOT BE MADE SO FAST AS TO INJURE THE HEALTH AND CONSTITUTION.

In my opinion, Doug, people should be careful both ways.. they should be sure to change their diet but also not make changes too fast and/or make changes without bothering to supply an adequate substitute so as to give your body the nutrition it really needs. Thats why sometimes you will be vegetarians or "health conscious" people who end up looking like they are death warmed-over or like they just came out of a concentration camp... they dont take care to eat right stuff, instead they just focus on not eating wrong stuff.

But anyway, I think you should endeavor not to eat fried foods... but instead learn how to wean yourself away from that.. along with other things that are not so good for you.

Like, you can learn to bake french fries (french baked, is what I guess you'd then call them [Smile]

Bake them and then make some kind of dip that has all good stuff in it, to dip the fries in... and maybe add a little spicey stuff onto them... to give them more flavor... something you like... then later find a herb mixture you can put over them or whatever. (because the Spirit of Prophecy says that grease and spices are not so good for you). Have you ever seen that stuff at the store, its like a Shake and Bake but only you use diced potatoes? I like to get that and slice up potatoes like french fries and put them in the bag and shake them and it coats them with the herb mixture... then spay some of that Pam Cooking spray, the olive oil flavor onto a baking sheet and a little onto the fries and bake them, then dip them in catsup when they're all done cooking. You can learn to do substitutions like that with all kinds of things and just kind of learn new habits. You dont really have to "give up" anything of real value. But just change things gradually and dont try to go from zero to a hundred miles an hour in one day.

You wouldnt pour grease down your sink every day and expect it not to get clogged up after awhile, right? Well just think what that would do to your body. Its not a legalistic thing, its just that God loves us and wants us to be healthy and happy and to feel good and live longer and so on.

Well anyway, sorry I went on so long about this, I saw where somebody said on here that they should forget about the diet thing and go onto another topic.

Wait, I want to say something else first though while I'm at it. This thread is about Harmony with God. In Christ's Object Lessons it says in the "Wedding Garment" chapter that we need to have one mind with God and be of one will with Him. Well remember when the Disciples said at the woman at the well story that He needed to stop and eat something? Jesus said "My meat is to do the will of My Father in Heaven". It's like Jesus was saying that doing the will of His Father was number one priority and everything else was subjected to that one thing. His "food" wasnt most important, it was doing God's will that was important.

And remember how God made His people eat manna in the wilderness? Deut:8:3: "And he humbled thee, and suffered thee to hunger, and fed thee with manna, which thou knewest not, neither did thy fathers know; that he might make thee know that man doth not live by bread only, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of the LORD doth man live."

Again, its like God was teaching His people that they had the wrong priorities. Eccl:10:17: "Blessed art thou, O land, when thy king is the son of nobles, and thy princes eat in due season, for strength, and not for drunkenness!" Everything we do is supposed to be ffor God's glory, not for our own satisfaction. You eat in order to strengthen your body that God gave you, so that you can be in top condition to serve God.

Mt:6:33: But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

See, like, a Christian can start setting out to get right of this and that sin, and maybe even accomplish it by sheer will power, yet not be with God at all. We have to truly love God first and then do everything because of that... even when it comes to our diet. Or esle its really spiritually useless.

Mt:6:22: The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

And then when you have the right outlook on things, giving up this and that thing that is "bad" doesnt seem to you to be something you have to force yourself to do or that you hate to do. Its more like you just dont really want to do that thing anymore because you view it as something that's hindering your goal. People should take time to read "Acts of the Apostles" by Ellen White, the chapter on "Called to reach a Higher Standard" ... the chapter about setting aside any and every thing that keeps you from winning your goal. Like the Apostle Paul said. Laying aside every besetting sin... that weighs you down, so to speak. http://www.egwtext.whiteestate.org/aa/aa30.html

Claudia

[ December 16, 2004, 05:22 PM: Message edited by: Claudia Thompson ]

Re: Harmony with God #11436
12/17/04 08:20 AM
12/17/04 08:20 AM
D
Doug Meister  Offline
The North State - California

[ January 01, 2005, 07:53 AM: Message edited by: Doug Meister ]

Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/16/24 02:17 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by kland. 05/17/24 04:47 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!