HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,630
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 24
kland 13
Daryl 2
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
4 registered members (Karen Y, Daryl, dedication, 1 invisible), 2,962 guests, and 10 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
Re: substitution [Re: teresaq] #114721
06/13/09 02:40 AM
06/13/09 02:40 AM
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: teresaq
Quote:
God in His great mercy bore long with Lucifer. He was not immediately degraded from his exalted station when he first indulged the spirit of discontent, nor even when he began to present his false claims before the loyal angels. Long was he retained in heaven. Again and again he was offered pardon on condition of repentance and submission. (GC 496)

I haven't read the whole context of the quote Tom brought here, however, this quote does say that Lucifer could of been pardon without the shedding of the blood of Christ. So that is quite a strong EGW quote that can negate the belief of "penal substitution".

Where does it say "the shedding of the blood of Christ" was not necessary? I haven't read that anywhere.

We don't know how Lucifer would have been re-instated had he repented and submitted.

I think the quote Teresa brought out weighs heavily in this discussion:
Quote:
God's law stands fully vindicated. He is just, and yet the justifier of all who believe in Jesus. Nothing less than this plan of atonement could convince the whole universe of God's justice. {4SP 323.2}

As mentioned as well --
Lucifer was doing far more then "questioning", he was spreading dissatisfaction and doubts in a very underhanded manner. MANY were affected by his insinuations. Many were confused.

Could God simply reinstate him without an atonement?

Nothing less than this plan of atonement could convince the whole universe of God's justice. {4SP 323.2}

Re: substitution [Re: dedication] #114727
06/13/09 03:47 AM
06/13/09 03:47 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Quote:
Where does it say "the shedding of the blood of Christ" was not necessary? I haven't read that anywhere.

Where does it say that eating cloves of garlic wasn't necessary? -- just throwing out something random smile

And you were bringing up the point about an argument of silence!

What's not important is not what wasn't said, but what was said. We are told specifically that God offered Lucifer pardon and what the conditions for that pardon were. It's not necessary to stipulate on top of that what *weren't* conditions!

Quote:
God's law stands fully vindicated. He is just, and yet the justifier of all who believe in Jesus. Nothing less than this plan of atonement could convince the whole universe of God's justice. {4SP 323.2}

This is a point I've often made as well. I've quoted from "Christ's Sacrifice Honors the Law" many times now, which discusses this.

Quote:
The whole world needs to be instructed in the oracles of God, to understand the object of the atonement, the at-one-ment, with God. The object of this atonement was that the divine law and government might be maintained. The sinner is pardoned through repentance toward God and faith in our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. There is forgiveness of sin, and yet the law of God stands immutable, eternal as His throne. There is no such thing as weakening or strengthening the law of Jehovah. As it has always been, so it is. It cannot be repealed or changed in one principle. It is eternal, immutable as God Himself.--Manuscript 163, 1897.

It's interesting that some see quotes like this, and the previous one, and see this as saying primarily that the plan of atonement is about reconciliation (or "at-one-ment" with God) whereas others see its being more about satisfying legal requirements.

Quote:
Lucifer was doing far more then "questioning", he was spreading dissatisfaction and doubts in a very underhanded manner. MANY were affected by his insinuations. Many were confused.

Could God simply reinstate him without an atonement?

The atonement, or "at-one-ment," in Lucifer's case would have been his repentance and submission, just as God communicated.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: substitution [Re: Tom] #114729
06/13/09 05:00 AM
06/13/09 05:00 AM
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
When one writes that a certain passage "says that Lucifer could of been pardon without the shedding of the blood of Christ," and that passage does not say any such thing -- I think we should raise questions.

Originally Posted By: EGW also writes
All these offerings were to typify Christ and to rivet the great truth in their hearts that the blood of Jesus Christ alone cleanseth from all sin, and without the shedding of blood there is no remission of sins. Some wonder why God desired so many sacrifices and appointed the offering of so many bleeding victims in the Jewish economy. {1SM 106.4}
Every dying victim was a type of Christ, which lesson was impressed on mind and heart in the most solemn, sacred ceremony, and explained definitely by the priests. Sacrifices were explicitly planned by God Himself to teach this great and momentous truth, that through the blood of Christ alone there is forgiveness of sins. {1SM 107.1}

Where is a passage stating how a repentant, submissive Lucifer would be re-instated without the redemption price?

Originally Posted By: tom
The atonement, or "at-one-ment," in Lucifer's case would have been his repentance and submission, just as God communicated.

That repentance and submission was absolutely necessary for his re-instatement, is obviously true. But how would Lucifer's repentance and submission be an "atonement" to convince the whole universe of anything? The questions, doubts, insinuations and confusion had been tossed out by Lucifer, and like feathers in the wind they could not just be regathered and all things continue as before.

The questioning would continue -- his lying charges against the divine character and government and that God was seeking merely the exaltation of himself in requiring submission and obedience from his creatures, --those doubts instilled in intelligent minds would raise the question -- "did God force Lucifer into submission?"

Originally Posted By: EGW

Last edited by dedication; 06/13/09 05:01 AM.
Re: substitution [Re: dedication] #114730
06/13/09 05:38 AM
06/13/09 05:38 AM
teresaq  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2024

Very Dedicated Member
CA, USA
Originally Posted By: dedication
Quote:
God in His great mercy bore long with Lucifer. He was not immediately degraded from his exalted station when he first indulged the spirit of discontent, nor even when he began to present his false claims before the loyal angels. Long was he retained in heaven. Again and again he was offered pardon on condition of repentance and submission. (GC 496)

I haven't read the whole context of the quote Tom brought here, however, this quote does say that Lucifer could of been pardon without the shedding of the blood of Christ. So that is quite a strong EGW quote that can negate the belief of "penal substitution".

i believe if any go back and look they will find elle made this comment but the way the quote was edited it looks like i did. but in looking back i can see where it got confusing and so messed up.

Psa 64:5 ...an evil matter: they commune of laying snares privily; they say, Who shall see them?

Psa 7:14 Behold, he travaileth with iniquity, and hath conceived mischief, and brought forth falsehood. 15 He made a pit, and digged it, and is fallen into the ditch which he made. 16 His mischief (and his violent dealing) shall return upon his own head.

Psa 7:17 I will praise the LORD according to his righteousness: and will sing praise to the name of the LORD most high.
Re: substitution [Re: Colin] #114731
06/13/09 06:03 AM
06/13/09 06:03 AM
teresaq  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2024

Very Dedicated Member
CA, USA
Originally Posted By: Colin
Quote:
Hi Colin, I haven't read the whole context of the quote Tom brought here, however, this quote does say that Lucifer could of been pardon without the shedding of the blood of Christ. So that is quite a strong EGW quote that can negate the belief of "penal substitution".

teresa: the question, elle, is, is penal substitution biblical? have we been taught penal substitution and therefore read the bible in that light?

Don't know what I said to this last time..., but both you two, courtesy of Tom, aren't looking also at the Bible and SOP on the judgement of God against sin with hell fire, and everything placing any human there. How Lucifer gets there is his own fault, and immaterial to our salvation, since Lucifer isn't a candidate for salvation, being the first in the queue for God's judgement of hell.

perhaps, my brother, you are not "searching the scriptures to see if that is so", but are bringing your "proof texts"? smile

i spent my spare time today collecting the statements containing "hold back" and "sweep away". one thing i started seeing was how we can "deny" Gods mercy with some of our beliefs.

the message that we should be giving the world isnt that God is going to "zap" them, get even with them, if they dont shape up.

the message we need to be giving the world, and very quickly in light of what has been happening, is that God is holding back the winds of disaster of every kind. He is preventing satan from having his way in this world through those who prefer satans character to Gods.

we need to be telling people they need to get under the umbrella of Gods protection, because as His Holy Spirit is being rejected It is being withdrawn from this earth and soon, so very soon, satan will be allowed complete control of this earth. when that happens destruction, death and evil will controll everyone. no one, but those under Gods umbrella, will be safe.

we need to stress by our words, tone, and actions how very, very much God loves them and wants to save them from satan. we need to know very clearly the difference between God and satan, who does what and why.

do we tell them that they need to give up sin because God will "get them" if they dont?

or do we tell them they need to give up sin because sin steals, kills and destroys? that it comes from satan and satan holds all he can in absolute slavery? that he makes sin look so very attractive while blinding them to the results?

that, yes, for a minute, that drug or drink will make them feel good, but it will wear off. soon they will need more and more and feel "good" less and less, til one day they wake up and they have no freedom to leave it alone. they have become a hopeless, helpless slave to the enemy of souls. and that yes, should they wish freedom, God would be so happy to deliver them, but how much they would have lost before that. and the consequences will still be. if they have homes, families, jobs, those may never be retrievable.

that the sin of pride, and all such heart sins, are just as much from the enemy as the "appetite" sins and may bring us even worse consequences, not from God, but from our own conscience and the reactions of those around us. we will be just as much the slave of satan with the heart sins as with anything else.

are we letting people know how merciful God is in holding back evil so that this world is not as bad as it could be? that if we continue to reject His Spirit we shall soon see what all God has been protecting us from day in and day out?

Psa 64:5 ...an evil matter: they commune of laying snares privily; they say, Who shall see them?

Psa 7:14 Behold, he travaileth with iniquity, and hath conceived mischief, and brought forth falsehood. 15 He made a pit, and digged it, and is fallen into the ditch which he made. 16 His mischief (and his violent dealing) shall return upon his own head.

Psa 7:17 I will praise the LORD according to his righteousness: and will sing praise to the name of the LORD most high.
Re: substitution [Re: Colin] #114732
06/13/09 07:06 AM
06/13/09 07:06 AM
teresaq  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2024

Very Dedicated Member
CA, USA
[quote=Rosangela]
Quote:
At any rate, the issue that I've been consistently arguing against is the idea that God needed Christ's sacrifice in order to be able to pardon sin. The SOP statement dealing with God's treatment of Lucifer shows this clearly isn't the case.

We've discussed this too much in the past, and it would be useless to discuss it any further, but the need for an atonement arises in the case of willful sins. God must vindicate His law. Pardon for willful sin (rebellion against God's law) without an atonement would plunge the universe into anarchy. Therefore, God needs an atonement in order to forgive.

Yes, and equally SOP is absolutely clear on the constitutional necessity of executing the penalty for transgression and any sin, too. That cannot be negated by anything implicit: it needs express revocation - this isn't the British constitution, but God's own. God needs an atoning sacrifice in order to forgive.

sorry, my brother, this doesnt/hasnt sounded like any bible/sop ive read. it is completely alien to what i have read from those. but it does sound like a courtroom which i have never equated with the bible/God/sanctuary.

Not forgetting Rosangela and I are both speaking of law enforcement, and penalty being applied for sins unrepented of, here's the SOP I was referring to. God's justice against the wicked is his avenging judgement for rejection of his gift of his Son to this world. Acceptance of his gift starts experience of his grace and mercy.
Quote:
The transgression of God's law in a single instance, in the smallest particular, is sin. And the nonexecution of the penalty of that sin would be a crime in the divine administration. God is a judge, the Avenger of justice, which is the habitation and the foundation of His throne. He cannot dispense with His law; He cannot do away with its smallest item in order to meet and pardon sin. The rectitude, justice, and moral excellence of the law must be maintained and vindicated before the heavenly universe and the worlds unfallen.--Manuscript 145, Dec. 30, 1897, "Notes of Work." {UL 378.6}
[/quote]
the context. the context has to do with us trying to cover ourselves with fig leaves instead of accepting the righteousness, imputed/imparted of Christ. the context also has to do with the fact that God has, in no way, shape, or form, done away with the law but lived it perfectly. He offers it to us in exchange for our fig leaves.
Quote:
The fig leaves represent the arguments used to cover disobedience. When the Lord calls the attention of men and women to the truth, the making of fig leaves into aprons will commence in order to hide the nakedness of the soul of every transgressor. {21MR 193.4}
The Lord Jesus Christ has prepared a covering, the robe of His own righteousness, that He will put on every repenting, believing soul who by faith will receive it. Said John, "Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world." Sin is the transgression of the law. Christ died to make it possible for every man to have his sins taken away. {21MR 193.5}
A fig-leaf apron will never cover our nakedness. Sin must be taken away, and the garment of Christ's righteousness must cover the transgressor of God's law. Then when the Lord looks upon the believing sinner, He sees, not the fig leaves covering him, but Christ's own robe of righteousness, which is perfect obedience to the law of Jehovah. Man has hidden his nakedness, not under a covering of fig leaves, but under the robe of Christ's righteousness. {21MR 193.6}
Christ has made a sacrifice to satisfy the demands of Justice. What a price for heaven to pay to ransom the transgressor of the law of Jehovah. Yet that holy law could not be maintained with any smaller price. In the place of the law being abolished to meet sinful man in his fallen condition, it has been maintained in all its sacred dignity. In His Son God gave Himself to save from eternal ruin all who would believe in Him. {21MR 194.1}
Sin is disloyalty to God, and deserving of punishment. Fig leaves sewed together have been employed since the days of Adam, yet the nakedness of the soul of the sinner is not covered. All the arguments pieced together by all who have interested themselves in this flimsy robe, will come to naught. Sin is the transgression of the law. Christ was manifest in our world to take away transgression and sin, and to substitute the pure robes of His righteousness for the covering of fig leaves. The law of God stands vindicated by the suffering and death of the only begotten Son of the infinite God. {21MR 194.2}
The transgression of God's law in a single instance, in the smallest particular, is sin. And the non-execution of the penalty of that sin would be a crime in the divine administration. God is a judge, the avenger of justice, which is the habitation and foundation of His throne. He cannot dispense with His law, He cannot do away with its smallest item in order to meet and pardon sin. The rectitude and justice and moral excellence of the law must be maintained and vindicated before the heavenly universe and the worlds unfallen. {21MR 194.3}
What is the justice of God? It is the holiness of God in relation to sin. Christ bore the sins of the world in man's behalf that the sinner might have another trial, with all the divine opportunities and advantages which God has provided in man's behalf. "Whosoever committeth sin," says John, "transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law. And ye know that He was manifested to take away our sins; and in Him is no sin. Whosoever abideth in Him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen Him, neither known Him" [1 John 3:4-6]. {21MR 194.4}
I would call on all who would win heaven, to take warning. Do not devote your precious probationary time to sewing together fig leaves to cover the nakedness which is the result of sin. As you look into the Lord's great moral looking glass, His holy law, His standard of character, do not for a moment suppose that it can cleanse you. There are no saving properties in the law. It cannot pardon the transgressor. The penalty must be exacted. The Lord does not save sinners by abolishing His law, the foundation of His government in heaven and in earth. The punishment has been endured by the sinner's substitute. {21MR 194.5}
Not that God is cruel and merciless, and Christ so merciful that He died on Calvary's cross to abolish a law so arbitrary that it needed to be extinguished, crucified between two thieves. The throne of God must not bear one stain of crime, one taint of sin. In the councils of heaven, before the world was created, the Father and the Son covenanted together that if man proved disloyal to God, Christ, one with the Father, would take the place of the transgressor, and suffer the penalty of justice that must fall upon him. {21MR 195.1}
"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life." Christ did not come to change the Sabbath of the fourth commandment. He did not come to lessen the law of God in one particular. He came to express in His own person the love of God. He came to vindicate every precept of the holy law. {21MR 195.2}
Christ presented to His disciples their exalted position in the world. "Ye are the light of the world," He said, "a city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven" [Matthew 5:14-16]. {21MR 195.3}
Christ read the hearts of the Pharisees, who were bracing themselves to resist the light. Their prejudice against Him was strengthening; they were saying in their hearts, He is doing away [with] the law; we will have no such teaching. But while they were bottling up their wrath, there fell on their startled ears the answer to their unspoken thought: Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill (every specification of the law). For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle will in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven" [Matthew 5:17-19]. {21MR 195.4}

Re: substitution [Re: Tom] #114735
06/13/09 12:21 PM
06/13/09 12:21 PM
C
Colin  Offline
Active Member 2012
Very Dedicated Member
E. Oregon, USA
Originally Posted By: Tom
Quote:
Is it purely down to hanging on to sin, and not about God punishing all persistant rebels against his government? NO!! - but Tom says yes.

No, I say no. Colin, I don't understand why in nearly every post I have to keep repeating the request for you to quote me as opposed to misrepresenting what I've said. I really don't understand this. Please stop doing this.

Because, Tom, discussion is more than digging up quotes, let alone the time to find them, which you've spread throughout this forum. It frustrates you, but every single relevant statement of yours cannot actually be found. We're left with memory.
Quote:
It should be clear from the fact that I keep quoting this that I believe that rebels must be dealt with. Where we differ is as to what the punishment consists of. Is it something arbitrary God does to them, or is it the result of choosing sin?

Well, there you've said it, again - so I needn't go searching everywhere for it in vain: the penalty for sin is the result of choosing sin; you just denied vociferously that it was the result of hanging on to sin. You can't square that circle.

The divine judgement on sin by fire and punishment, ending relatively swiftly in eternal annihilation, is in the Bible and SOP - as quoted here already, this time too, so, as Rosangela has said of your past discussions here over how many years, that you don't believe that is your own fault.

Re: substitution [Re: teresaq] #114736
06/13/09 12:47 PM
06/13/09 12:47 PM
C
Colin  Offline
Active Member 2012
Very Dedicated Member
E. Oregon, USA
Quote:
perhaps, my brother, you are not "searching the scriptures to see if that is so", but are bringing your "proof texts"? smile

i spent my spare time today collecting the statements containing "hold back" and "sweep away". one thing i started seeing was how we can "deny" Gods mercy with some of our beliefs.

the message that we should be giving the world isnt that God is going to "zap" them, get even with them, if they dont shape up.

the message we need to be giving the world, and very quickly in light of what has been happening, is that God is holding back the winds of disaster of every kind. He is preventing satan from having his way in this world through those who prefer satans character to Gods.

Yes, dear Sister, the truth of God's longsuffering kindness and mercy is our primary message, just as God's Son told Moses when hiding Moses face from his glory. God's saving grace is the winning argument in the world of religions and strife today! Experiencing that righteous grace through faith is finding peace with God.

Peace with God is what we seek all life long, till we find it by submitting to the Holy Spirit with prayer and Bible study. Keeping that justification daily is our conscious devotion to Christ our Saviour. His aim for us is to be like him, and the investigative judgement is his joint project with each of us: the aim of sanctification isn't to overcome sin so much as to prepare for and attend the perfectly righteous, spiritual wedding of the Lamb through faith of one generation of saints. "Attend" because what part do the saints play? Our Christlike character traits - products of that joint project, of course - are the fabric of the wedding dress!! Who is the bridge of Christ? The New Jerusalem: the kingdom he establishes forever (Dan 2, of course) has the saints as its subjects, but the righteousness of his kingdom is found living in his people, one earthly generation of whom live to witness it, for his wedding. Yes, that wedding marks the close of probation: everyone who wants to be in his kingdom accepting his substitution for their judgement by God, helped also all the way for heavenly society, till ready to walk in, at God's own discretion.

Christ is worthy of worship, and the end of his substitution for God's penalty of sin against us is our obtaining his glory through his gospel: made righteous and fully imparted with righteousness too. That is the pragmatic end of the great controversy: our witness to the world of the kingdom, with Christlikeness that brightens the earth with its glory.

The only solution to man's fear of eternal eternal death of God's judgement on sin, rightly brought on by the relative guilt burden we bear, is Jesus' gift of himself as our collective full guilt bearer. Satan suggests we have no way back to God, like he rightly doesn't! Jesus died for this world, having been made that eternal death curse/penalty of the law for us. Thus mercy and justice combine - God is active in both, and they kissed at the cross, for Christ suffered God's justice and provided us mercy.

Last edited by Colin; 06/13/09 12:58 PM.
Re: substitution [Re: teresaq] #114738
06/13/09 03:19 PM
06/13/09 03:19 PM
C
Colin  Offline
Active Member 2012
Very Dedicated Member
E. Oregon, USA
Quote:
the context has to do with us trying to cover ourselves with fig leaves instead of accepting the righteousness, imputed/imparted of Christ. the context also has to do with the fact that God has, in no way, shape, or form, done away with the law but lived it perfectly. He offers it to us in exchange for our fig leaves.

Yes, Christ instead of us by grace, in life and in death, for sin. In upholding the law there is the justice of that law: Christ lived it perfectly, righteously and justly. To be our substitute for its penalty, as well as our substitute for its righteousness - praise the Lord!! - Christ covered all angles of the law, and divine justice broke the heart of the Son of God and his Father. Sister White says that the "Powers of heaven were sundered". It's a trinity doctrine question I'll deal with on those threads, but this sundering of heavens powers is God's judgement on mankind's guilt imputed to Christ. He only tasted eternal death for all men, but the final judgement shall be real punishment for rejecting Jesus.

Re: substitution [Re: teresaq] #114742
06/13/09 06:29 PM
06/13/09 06:29 PM
teresaq  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2024

Very Dedicated Member
CA, USA
[quote=Colin][quote=Rosangela]We've discussed this too much in the past, and it would be useless to discuss it any further, but the need for an atonement arises in the case of willful sins. God must vindicate His law. Pardon for willful sin (rebellion against God's law) without an atonement would plunge the universe into anarchy. Therefore, God needs an atonement in order to forgive.

Yes, and equally SOP is absolutely clear on the constitutional necessity of executing the penalty for transgression and any sin, too. That cannot be negated by anything implicit: it needs express revocation - this isn't the British constitution, but God's own. God needs an atoning sacrifice in order to forgive.

sorry, my brother, this doesnt/hasnt sounded like any bible/sop ive read. it is completely alien to what i have read from those. but it does sound like a courtroom which i have never equated with the bible/God/sanctuary.

Not forgetting Rosangela and I are both speaking of law enforcement, and penalty being applied for sins unrepented of, here's the SOP I was referring to. God's justice against the wicked is his avenging judgement for rejection of his gift of his Son to this world. Acceptance of his gift starts experience of his grace and mercy.
Quote:
The transgression of God's law in a single instance, in the smallest particular, is sin. And the nonexecution of the penalty of that sin would be a crime in the divine administration. God is a judge, the Avenger of justice, which is the habitation and the foundation of His throne. He cannot dispense with His law; He cannot do away with its smallest item in order to meet and pardon sin. The rectitude, justice, and moral excellence of the law must be maintained and vindicated before the heavenly universe and the worlds unfallen.--Manuscript 145, Dec. 30, 1897, "Notes of Work." {UL 378.6}
[/quote] [/quote]
and this makes clear what ellen white was referring to in making the statement you presented.
Quote:
The death of Christ removes every argument that Satan could bring against the precepts of Jehovah. Satan has declared that men could not enter the kingdom of heaven unless the law was abolished, and a way devised by which transgressors could be reinstated into the favor of God, and made heirs of heaven. He made the claim that the law must be changed, that the reins of government must be slackened in heaven, that sin must be tolerated, and sinners pitied and saved in their sins. But every such plea was cast aside when Christ died as a substitute for the sinner. --The Signs of the Times, May 21, 1912.

in researching and studying i am seeing that we understand only very superficially what the real issues are.

Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:39 AM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!