HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,608
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 9
Daryl 3
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, ProdigalOne, 2 invisible), 3,112 guests, and 13 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
Re: substitution [Re: teresaq] #114746
06/13/09 07:21 PM
06/13/09 07:21 PM
C
Colin  Offline
Active Member 2012
Very Dedicated Member
E. Oregon, USA
R: We've discussed this too much in the past, and it would be useless to discuss it any further, but the need for an atonement arises in the case of willful sins. God must vindicate His law. Pardon for willful sin (rebellion against God's law) without an atonement would plunge the universe into anarchy. Therefore, God needs an atonement in order to forgive.

C: Yes, and equally SOP is absolutely clear on the constitutional necessity of executing the penalty for transgression and any sin, too. That cannot be negated by anything implicit: it needs express revocation - this isn't the British constitution, but God's own. God needs an atoning sacrifice in order to forgive.

T: sorry, my brother, this doesnt/hasnt sounded like any bible/sop ive read. it is completely alien to what i have read from those. but it does sound like a courtroom which i have never equated with the bible/God/sanctuary.

C: Not forgetting Rosangela and I are both speaking of law enforcement, and penalty being applied for sins unrepented of, here's the SOP I was referring to. God's justice against the wicked is his avenging judgement for rejection of his gift of his Son to this world. Acceptance of his gift starts experience of his grace and mercy.
Quote:
Quote:
The transgression of God's law in a single instance, in the smallest particular, is sin. And the nonexecution of the penalty of that sin would be a crime in the divine administration. God is a judge, the Avenger of justice, which is the habitation and the foundation of His throne. He cannot dispense with His law; He cannot do away with its smallest item in order to meet and pardon sin. The rectitude, justice, and moral excellence of the law must be maintained and vindicated before the heavenly universe and the worlds unfallen.--Manuscript 145, Dec. 30, 1897, "Notes of Work." {UL 378.6}

and this makes clear what ellen white was referring to in making the statement you presented.
Quote:
The death of Christ removes every argument that Satan could bring against the precepts of Jehovah. Satan has declared that men could not enter the kingdom of heaven unless the law was abolished, and a way devised by which transgressors could be reinstated into the favor of God, and made heirs of heaven. He made the claim that the law must be changed, that the reins of government must be slackened in heaven, that sin must be tolerated, and sinners pitied and saved in their sins. But every such plea was cast aside when Christ died as a substitute for the sinner. --The Signs of the Times, May 21, 1912.

in researching and studying i am seeing that we understand only very superficially what the real issues are.

Yes, God's truth is awesome, affecting every part of life, so we must search for the full truth as for hidden treasure.

Re: substitution [Re: teresaq] #114758
06/14/09 02:22 AM
06/14/09 02:22 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Quote:
C:Is it purely down to hanging on to sin, and not about God punishing all persistant rebels against his government? NO!! - but Tom says yes.

T:No, I say no. Colin, I don't understand why in nearly every post I have to keep repeating the request for you to quote me as opposed to misrepresenting what I've said. I really don't understand this. Please stop doing this.

C:Because, Tom, discussion is more than digging up quotes, let alone the time to find them, which you've spread throughout this forum. It frustrates you, but every single relevant statement of yours cannot actually be found. We're left with memory.

Colin, what you're doing just isn't right. You can't just willy-nilly make up things about people's ideas because your memory is faulty. There's a "Search" utility where you can type a word that you remember, and it will help find the quotes your looking for. Laziness is not an excuse to misrepresent people's positions.

Quote:
T:It should be clear from the fact that I keep quoting this that I believe that rebels must be dealt with. Where we differ is as to what the punishment consists of. Is it something arbitrary God does to them, or is it the result of choosing sin?

C:Well, there you've said it, again - so I needn't go searching everywhere for it in vain: the penalty for sin is the result of choosing sin; you just denied vociferously that it was the result of hanging on to sin.

What? What sense does this make? There's no contradiction here. In DA 764 we read:

Quote:
This is not an act of arbitrary power on the part of God. The rejecters of His mercy reap that which they have sown. God is the fountain of life; and when one chooses the service of sin, he separates from God, and thus cuts himself off from life. He is "alienated from the life of God." Christ says, "All they that hate Me love death." Eph. 4:18; Prov. 8:36. God gives them existence for a time that they may develop their character and reveal their principles. This accomplished, they receive the results of their own choice. By a life of rebellion, Satan and all who unite with him place themselves so out of harmony with God that His very presence is to them a consuming fire. The glory of Him who is love will destroy them.

At the beginning of the great controversy, the angels did not understand this. Had Satan and his host then been left to reap the full result of their sin, they would have perished; but it would not have been apparent to heavenly beings that this was the inevitable result of sin. A doubt of God's goodness would have remained in their minds as evil seed, to produce its deadly fruit of sin and woe. (DA 764)

Thing brings out that the wicked's destruction is not due to something God arbitrarily does to them, but is a result of their own choice.

Quote:
To sin, wherever found, "our God is a consuming fire." Heb. 12:29. In all who submit to His power the Spirit of God will consume sin. But if men cling to sin, they become identified with it. Then the glory of God, which destroys sin, must destroy them.(DA 107)

This brings out that if sinners cling to sin they will be destroyed. Note the similarity between the two quotes here:

Quote:
By a life of rebellion, Satan and all who unite with him place themselves so out of harmony with God that His very presence is to them a consuming fire. The glory of Him who is love will destroy them.

Quote:
But if men cling to sin, they become identified with it. Then the glory of God, which destroys sin, must destroy them.

Again, there's no contradiction here. I'm not denying one concept (the destruction of the wicked comes as a result of their own choice as opposed to God's arbitrarily doing something to them against their will) in favor of another one (clinging to sin causes one to die).

This is another example of your misrepresenting my position, refusing to quote something I've actually said. I've quoted DA 107 many times. It's absolutely ridiculous for you to assert, in the face of what I've actually written, that I "denied vociferously that it was the result of hanging on to sin."

Another point to bring up is that the "this" that I refer to above ("It should be clear from the fact that I keep quoting this that I believe that rebels must be dealt with.") is you've exhibited no evidence of understanding the quote, despite the fact that I've quoted it to you many times, and it's not difficult to understand.

I'm not asking that you agree with the quote, but that you understand its point, and that this is how I see things. There's no need for you to either agree with what I'm saying, or misrepresent it. I'm simply asking that you understand the position, and comment accurately in regards to it. That's a reasonable request, isn't it?

Quote:
The divine judgement on sin by fire and punishment, ending relatively swiftly in eternal annihilation, is in the Bible and SOP - as quoted here already, this time too, so, as Rosangela has said of your past discussions here over how many years, that you don't believe that is your own fault.

I don't think Rosangela and I are very far off in regards to what we actually believe will happen to the wicked. Her paradigm is quite different than mine, but in terms of the progression of events, and what actually happens to the wicked, I think we see things quite similarly. At least, this is the impression I've gotten from reading her posts where she explains what she thinks will happen.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: substitution [Re: teresaq] #114760
06/14/09 02:43 AM
06/14/09 02:43 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Quote:
When one writes that a certain passage "says that Lucifer could of been pardon without the shedding of the blood of Christ," and that passage does not say any such thing -- I think we should raise questions.

Just to be clear, I didn't write this (what you have in quotes). Elle inferred, I believe correctly, that this is the case based on what I quoted from "The Great Controversy." I didn't even make an argument. I simply quoted the passage, and she saw it.

Quote:
Where is a passage stating how a repentant, submissive Lucifer would be re-instated without the redemption price?

This was inferred from the passage I quoted previously.

Quote:
That repentance and submission was absolutely necessary for his re-instatement, is obviously true. But how would Lucifer's repentance and submission be an "atonement" to convince the whole universe of anything?

What did the universe need to be convinced of? The controversy was over God's character. If Lucifer had repented and submitted, he would have admitted he was wrong, which would very likely have ended it right there.

Quote:
The questions, doubts, insinuations and confusion had been tossed out by Lucifer, and like feathers in the wind they could not just be regathered and all things continue as before.

Only if there were someone who believed the misrepresentations. If Lucifer had repented, he would have become the strongest possible advocate for God this his previous suggestions were wrong. It seems highly dubious to assert that they would have reappeared. However, had this happened, then God, as necessary, could have done whatever was necessary.

Quote:
The questioning would continue -- his lying charges against the divine character and government and that God was seeking merely the exaltation of himself in requiring submission and obedience from his creatures, --those doubts instilled in intelligent minds would raise the question -- "did God force Lucifer into submission?"

This is pretty speculative. Again, in this scenario, Lucifer himself would have been an advocate for God. If your speculative hypothesis turned out to be the case, God would have dealt with this at the necessary time.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: substitution [Re: Elle] #114763
06/14/09 01:05 PM
06/14/09 01:05 PM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
I just wanted to bump this up here since it brought a lot of confusion who said what. But to sum it up, actually Tom brought this quote to counter the argument of Penal subsutitution. TOM said that all Satan needed to do "was repent and submit and he would have been saved."

Then I brought out that if we read EGW quote as is, it does say what Tom says and that's why we need to make the Bible as our Authority not EGW. Anyway, I haven't seen anyone quoting the Bible to solidify their position. Here's the discussion as it unrolled.

Colin: There could be no penal substitution for Lucifer, because there was no way to save him.
Tom : Au contraire!
Quote:
God in His great mercy bore long with Lucifer. He was not immediately degraded from his exalted station when he first indulged the spirit of discontent, nor even when he began to present his false claims before the loyal angels. Long was he retained in heaven. Again and again he was offered pardon on condition of repentance and submission. (GC 496)

Tom : All he had to do was repent and submit and he would have been saved.

Elle: If any of us believe that everything that Ellen White has said has authority to establish doctrine. Then quotes like that and many others will lead into confusion and can be contrary to Bible truth.
So, to me, this has no weight, and we need to seek what the Bible says. If no one can find these Bible texts that clearly says that there is no pardon for Rebellion; then this weekend I'll make it a duty to bring these here.

Colin: SOP has helped establish doctrine after deadlock in Bible study, so it's not altogether true it played no part: SOP is a "continuing source of authority and truth": isn't that what it says in our beliefs?

Elle: Hi Colin, I haven't read the whole context of the quote Tom brought here, however, this quote does say that Lucifer could of been pardon without the shedding of the blood of Christ. So that is quite a strong EGW quote that can negate the belief of "penal substitution".

Rosangela :This was before his fall, during his questioning time, before he saw things completely in their true light, before his final decision. <quote {PP 39.1}>

Tom : "During his questioning time" sounds like something he would say! His workings at this time were hardly innocuous. Here are the paragraphs immediately preceding what Rosangela wrote: <quote (PP 37-38)>

Elle :Tx Tom for bringing the quote here.
For sure Lucifer was doing much more than questioning. I see at least 2 commandments broken. #1. Coveting, and #2. lying.
So the law was broken and Christ offered pardon without the shedding of blood. Would that mean there's no Penal substitution required? Is there another way to view this? Is this in harmony with scripture?

teresa: the question, elle, is, is penal substitution biblical? have we been taught penal substitution and therefore read the bible in that light?

Tom :
It's clearly a relevant quote, and I'm glad Elle sees it. The argument is very powerful. We see the hideous things Lucifer was doing, yet God was willing to pardon him for it. The conditions were so simple a child can understand it: repentance and submission.
Christ's death was not necessary in Lucifer's case for the reasons brought out here:<DA 761>

Blessings
Re: substitution [Re: Elle] #114765
06/14/09 02:58 PM
06/14/09 02:58 PM
C
Colin  Offline
Active Member 2012
Very Dedicated Member
E. Oregon, USA
Thanks, Elle, but that was Rosangela at the very top; was me further down. wink

Tom misunderstood your comment about his quote, didn't he? wink You were challenging, putting it under Scripture, not supporting it! smile

Re: substitution [Re: Colin] #114769
06/14/09 04:48 PM
06/14/09 04:48 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Quote:
Tom misunderstood your comment about his quote, didn't he?

It doesn't look like I did. She said:

Quote:
Hi Colin, I haven't read the whole context of the quote Tom brought here, however, this quote does say that Lucifer could of been pardon without the shedding of the blood of Christ. So that is quite a strong EGW quote that can negate the belief of "penal substitution".

This is pretty clear.

Regarding Elle's comments about not establishing doctrine with Ellen White, she's right! Ellen White herself said that we should use the Bible to establish doctrine, not her writings. I've referred to her writings in response to what others have written, and also, at times, to express thoughts (the same as I've used quotes by Jones, Waggoner, Fifield, etc.). I'm not so much interested in who said what, but in what was said, and when I see another present an idea with which I agree more clearly than I could, I often quote it.

I've often offered to have a thread to discuss this which is based only on Scripture. I'd be very happy to do so. The Christus Victor thread is one, for example, based only on Scripture.

Re: substitution [Re: Colin] #114812
06/16/09 08:35 PM
06/16/09 08:35 PM
teresaq  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2024

Very Dedicated Member
CA, USA
Originally Posted By: Colin
Originally Posted By: teresaq
Quote:
Hi Colin, I haven't read the whole context of the quote Tom brought here, however, this quote does say that Lucifer could of been pardon without the shedding of the blood of Christ. So that is quite a strong EGW quote that can negate the belief of "penal substitution".

teresa: the question, elle, is, is penal substitution biblical? have we been taught penal substitution and therefore read the bible in that light?

Don't know what I said to this last time..., but both you two, courtesy of Tom, aren't looking also at the Bible and SOP on the judgement of God against sin with hell fire, and everything placing any human there. How Lucifer gets there is his own fault, and immaterial to our salvation, since Lucifer isn't a candidate for salvation, being the first in the queue for God's judgement of hell.

Is there a penalty for sin? Yes, we all agree on that. Is it purely down to hanging on to sin, and not about God punishing all persistant rebels against his government? NO!! - but Tom says yes..., in his own words, doesn't he?! What has Tom missed, while he only shows you a few select quotes for his alternative to our avenging God, Judge of this world? Has he misrepresented Ellen White's total teaching on God's mercy & justice?

Have you two remembered the end of Jn 3, where Jesus says disbelieving his gospel is a condemning choice? No-one is judged for continuing in sin!! It's rejecting God's gospel of his Son which brings judgement!

Did God judge the continuously wicked world of Noah only by turning away, and letting natural, sinful mayhem reign? Didn't God unleash & control, that is inflict, that judgement of flooding the earth in every single part of it happening? Isn't Rev 20 accurate enough in saying that the wicked are punished for their unconfessed and unforgiven sins, with fire and death from heaven? - or is it all figurative of the brightness of God's glory terrorising the wicked to death? What sort of judgement scene is that, with a great white throne? Real judge, real judgement of God, real, direct punishment: eternal annihilation - That's Sister White's description of it! - remember??

I have no doubt God clears up any and all confusion and doubt left among men as to what sin is, but he equally clears up what his holiness and justice and grace is: during the probation of grace God is lenient and merciful - and just, against our sin placed on our substitute, but in that day he is the living, avenging Judge of the universe.

EGW is unambiguous that the penalty of sin has to be executed by God on the sinner, in Christ, so that salvation from God's law's penalty can be just and not pardoning without God himself atoning for his people. God graceously for us executes the penalty for our sins on our sin bearer, his own dear Son: EGW says that unless the Father upheld his law on himself against us in Christ, his character would be impeached. She's equally clear that those who reject that graceous salvation from his justice shall receive his justice in full measure, with real fire burning proportionate to their evil deeds till they are destroyed body and soul.
Does God not destroy sin, root and branch, body and soul, in all who have rejected his mercy and grace? Didn't Jesus himself - Tom's last line of defence when avoiding Revelation and teh Pauline epistles - warn all men to fear and respect God who can destroy body and soul, while sin by itself and its inventor, Satan, cannot?!

from one of the pioneers,
Quote:
R&H VOL. XIV. - BATTLE CREEK, MICH., FIFTH-DAY, OCTOBER 6, 1859. - NO. 20.
c. Matt.xxv,46. "And these shall go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into life eternal." We raise no issue on the duration of the punishment brought to view in this text, but only on its nature. The difficulty we apprehend arises from confounding punishment with conscious suffering, whereas it is not necessarily such. Mark where the antithesis occurs: it is between life and punishment. Do not change these terms, as is too often done, to happiness and misery. We enter our solemn protest against such treatment of the word of God. We believe that Inspiration knew what ideas it wished to convey, and in what language to convey them. We therefore plead for the plain and literal import of its terms. Life then means life; and life here is just the opposite of the punishment brought to view. But is eternal life in misery the opposite of eternal life as such? This will hardly be claimed by any one. It is rather an eternal "cutting off" from life; and idea which enters largely into the definition of the word here translated punishment. That an eternal deprivation of life would be eternal punishment we think must be evident to all, besides being directly declared to be such by an inspired apostle. See 2Thess.i,9, where we are told what the punishment is, and the same term is used to denote its duration; "Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from [or by, see chap.ii,8; Acts iii,19] the presence of the Lord."

The wicked shall be destroyed. "The Lord preserveth all them that love him; but all the wicked will he destroy." Here preservation is promised only to those who love God, and in opposition to this, destruction is threatened to the wicked. But human wisdom teaches us that God will preserve the wicked in hell - preserve them for the mere sake of torturing them. Mr. Benson, a English divine, says, "God is therefore present in hell to see the punishment of these rebels. His fiery indignation kindles and his incensed fury feeds the flame of their torment, while his powerful presence and operation maintain their being, and render all their powers most acutely sensible, thus setting the keenest edge upon their pain, and making it cut most intolerably deep."

TWO ALLEGED AND FINAL DIFFICULTIES CONSIDERED.
As in the ages before our existence we suffered no punishment, so it is claimed it will be no punishment to be reduced to that state again. To this we reply, that those who never had an existence cannot, of course, be conceived of in relation to rewards and punishments at all. But when a person has once seen the light of life, when he has lived long enough to taste its sweets and appreciate its blessings, is it then no punishment to be deprived of it? Is it no evil? is it no loss? Says Luther Lee, "We maintain that the simple loss of existence cannot be a penalty or punishment in the circumstances of the sinner after the general resurrection."* And what are these circumstances? He comes up to the beloved city, and sees the people of God in the everlasting kingdom. Then, says the Saviour, addressing a class of sinners, there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of God. What is the cause of this wailing? It is not that they have to choose between annihilation or eternal torture. Had they this privilege, some might perhaps choose the former; others would not. But with eternal misery the sinner has nothing to do. That is but a thing of the imagination, and cannot enter in any wise into his account. The only conditions between which he can draw his cheerless comparisons are, the blessed and happy state of the righteous within the city of God, and his own hapless lot outside its walls. And we may well infer from the nature of the case, as well as the Saviour's language, that it is because he finds himself thus thrust out, that he lifts up his voice in lamentation and woe. There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of God, and ye yourselves thrust out!" The sinner then begins to see what he has lost; the sense of it, like a barbed arrow, pierces his soul; and the thought that it might have been his but for his own self-willed and perverse career, sets the keenest edge upon every pang of remorse. And as he looks far away into eternity, to the utmost limit which the mind's eye can reach, and gets a glimpse of the inconceivable blessedness and glory which he might have enjoyed, but for his idol sin, the hopeless thought that all is lost will be sufficient to rend the hardest and most obdurate heart with unutterable agony. Say not then that loss of existence under such circumstances is no penalty or punishment. Those who thus speak now, should it be their lot at last to try, in person, the truth of their statements, we venture to affirm would find their ideas of the subject intensely modified. At any rate, may it never be our lot, dear reader, to be brought to so fearful a test.

But again: The Bible plainly teaches degrees of punishment; and how is this compatible, it is asked, with the idea of a mere state of death to which all alike will be reduced? Let us ask the believers in eternal misery how they will maintain degrees in their system. They tell us the intensity of the pain endured will be in each case proportioned to the guilt of the sufferer. But how can this be? Are not the flames of hell equally severe in all parts? and will they not equally affect all the immaterial souls cast therein? But God can interpose, it is answered, to produce the effect desired. Very well, then, we reply, cannot he also interpose, if necessary, according to our view, and graduate the pain attendant upon the sinner's being reduced to a state of death as the climax of his penalty? So then our view is equal with the common one in this respect, while it possesses a great advantage over it in another; for while that has to find its degrees of punishment in intensity of pain alone, the duration in all cases being equal, ours may have not only degrees in pain, but in duration also; for while some may perish in a short space of time, the weary sufferings of others may be long drawn out. But yet, we apprehend, that the bodily suffering will be but an unnoticed trifle compared with that mental agony, that keen anguish which will rack their souls as they get a view of their incomparable loss, each according to his capacity of appreciation. The youth who had but little more than reached the years of accountability and died perhaps with just enough guilt upon him to debar him from heaven, being less able to comprehend his situation and his loss, will of course feel it less. To him of older years, more capacity, and consequently a deeper experience in sin, the burden of his fate, will be proportionately greater. While the man of giant intellect, and almost boundless comprehension, who thereby possessed greater influence for evil, and hence was the more guilty for devoting those powers to that evil, being able to understand his situation fully, comprehend his fate and realize his loss, will feel it most keenly of all. Into his soul indeed the iron will enter most intolerably deep. And thus, by an established law of mind, the sufferings of each may be most accurately adjusted to the magnitude of their guilt.

But the majority are affected by it far differently. Every better emotion of their nature revolts at the idea, and they will not accept it. They cannot believe that God is thus cruel, tyrannical, revengeful, implacable; the personification, in short, of every trait of character, which when seen in men here, we consider unmistakable marks of debasement and degradation.

But how with the view we have tried to present? Quite the reverse as our own observation proves. Instances have come under our immediate knowledge of persons who, when they saw the divine harmony of God's system of government, as brought to view in his word, when they saw the just and reasonable disposition which the Bible declares that he will make of all those who will persist in rebellion against him, - a disposition in which justice and mercy so beautifully blend, have been able to take that Bible and say that for the first time in their life they could believe it to be the book of God. And believing this, they have been led to turn their feet into its testimonies, and strive by obedience to its plain requirements to escape a doom which they could see to be just, and therefore know to be certain. This has been the experience of many. Let then the impression no longer exist, and the assertion no more be made, that these views tend to irreligion and infidelity. Their fruits everywhere show just the reverse.

Can it then be wondered at that we should be solicitous to disabuse the minds of the people in this respect? Shall we not have a zeal for the Lord, and be untiring in our efforts to wipe off from the book and the character of God, the aspersions which are by this doctrine cast upon it? God represents himself to his creatures by his own sweet name of Love; he declares that he is very pitiful and of tender mercy, long-suffering and slow to anger, not hasty to execute sentence against an evil work, not gratified in any manner by the death of the wicked, and not willing that any should perish; he declares that he delighteth in mercy, that he will not contend forever, neither be always wroth. ... How fearfully is his character misrepresented! What a bold and audacious libel is uttered against his holy name!

Psa 64:5 ...an evil matter: they commune of laying snares privily; they say, Who shall see them?

Psa 7:14 Behold, he travaileth with iniquity, and hath conceived mischief, and brought forth falsehood. 15 He made a pit, and digged it, and is fallen into the ditch which he made. 16 His mischief (and his violent dealing) shall return upon his own head.

Psa 7:17 I will praise the LORD according to his righteousness: and will sing praise to the name of the LORD most high.
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/30/24 10:34 PM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by dedication. 05/01/24 02:33 AM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by ProdigalOne. 04/29/24 04:47 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!