HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,629
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 24
kland 13
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
Daryl
Daryl
Nova Scotia, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Daryl, Karen Y, dedication, Nadi, 2 invisible), 2,978 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Requesting Special Prayer! #114927
06/20/09 07:52 PM
06/20/09 07:52 PM
L
liane  Offline OP
Deceased Member (July 2009)
Bishop, CA
On July 9th I will be having major surgery done at a hospital in Reno, NV. I live out in the boondocks of the Easern Sierra Mountains in California and the nearest and best doctor and hospital is in Reno, thus the reason for the surgery there.

What I should have done years ago and did not has led me to where I am now and the need of this life saving surgery. Though I had made some good health changes ten years ago it was not enough to stop what was going on inside from the years of poor eating habits and lack of exercise I did not do the years before.

But God is good. Though I should be dead right now with the problem I have my body has created a natural bypass system so that my blood is still flowing throughout my body which is why I am still alive.

Though this little natural bypass artery is allowing the blood to go through my body it does not give me the full impact of the blood I should be getting, thus I am in a lot of pain due to claudication.

This surgery I will be having will help allow my blood to flow more effectively with what is called a Dacron artificial bypass implanted around the blocked area I now have in my abdominal aorta. If successful I should have a better more active and pain free life.

I will be in the hospital for seven days and four weeks of rehab up there before I can come home, unless my recovery is faster than expected.

So if you are inclined to do so your prayers during that time and the recovery will be greatly appreciated.

Re: Requesting Special Prayer! [Re: liane] #114929
06/20/09 08:08 PM
06/20/09 08:08 PM
L
liane  Offline OP
Bishop, CA
The second request for prayer has to do with my hearing loss that I am now experiencing. From what I was told by the House Ear Institute that I more than likely was a normal hearing baby when I was born, but because I was born six weeks early and was put in an incubator I lost a lot of my hearing.

When this was made known to my family was when I was seven years old when I had my first hearing tests. My right ear was and is now profoundly hard of hearing, but over the years my left ear went from moderate/severe to severe/profound to now profound.

For some reason two months ago my hearing just dropped from the little I was able to hear with my hearing aid in that ear. Now I can hear voices only as noises and cannot make any any words as I could before combined with lib preading.

Several weeks ago I went to see an ear doctor and he suggested applying for a cochlear implant, so I have been following through with that. It is expensive and is like the transplant system in that certain people are allowed to be qualified to get one. The doctor felt I was a good candidate for the implant.

I had decided to see another ear doctor as a second opinion and after his examination he feels that I might be able to get back what hearing I had lost and put off the painful surgery and recovery of an implant for now.

For now I am still going through the process of the implant program such as getting the brain MRI and other tests required to go forward, but also following through with this doctor with the tests that he has requested to see what can be done to help me hear better sooner.

Over the years I had always thought that I would have been better off being deaf than having partial hearing loss as I had for so many years, but now I know the answer and because I have been in the hearing world all my life the isolation has been overwhelming these days.

Which ever way it goes your prayers for the best answer to my current hearing loss issues would be appreciated.

Re: Requesting Special Prayer! [Re: liane] #114966
06/21/09 11:39 AM
06/21/09 11:39 AM
Daryl  Online Canadian

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Liane,

You are in my prayers and will continue to be in my prayers, especially during the time of your operation on July 9th and recovery period after that.

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Re: Requesting Special Prayer! [Re: Daryl] #114970
06/22/09 01:13 AM
06/22/09 01:13 AM
Rosangela  Offline
5500+ Member
Brazil
I will also be praying for you, Liane.

Re: Requesting Special Prayer! [Re: Rosangela] #115188
06/28/09 01:20 AM
06/28/09 01:20 AM
L
liane  Offline OP
Bishop, CA
Thank you both for your gift of prayer during this trying time in my life. Up to a few years ago I had very good health and accept for gall blander surgery years ago and a broken leg and ankle surgery I had been doing very well indeed.

Why these things are happening now I know in part is due to some errors of lifestyle, but the changes I made in the last few years I believe have helped me handle what is happening now. I do believe that these changes and blessings from God have helped me prepare for the things that are happening now and I am thankful to Him for that.

Not saying it is easy and can relate to Job these days, but I find that I feel closer to Him than I have ever been in my life. Trials will do two things to you. They will cause one to drift away from God or draw closer to Him and I followed the later.

Last edited by liane; 06/28/09 01:20 AM.
Re: Requesting Special Prayer! [Re: liane] #115258
06/30/09 01:19 PM
06/30/09 01:19 PM
Daryl  Online Canadian

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Hi Liane.

We are glad you chose the latter rather than the former.

So far, knock on wood, I have never experienced an overnight stay in a hospital, however, I am not getting any younger.

Continuing to pray for you. pray

Daryl smile

Re: Requesting Special Prayer! [Re: Daryl] #117001
08/02/09 04:02 PM
08/02/09 04:02 PM
Daryl  Online Canadian

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Liane's last post anywhere was on July 6th.

I heard that Liane died in recovery after her surgery.

I was told that she died on or about July 22nd, however, that date hasn't been confirmed. Based on her posts here, it seems that she may have passed away earlier than that.

She will be missed on here, but she will live again when she is resurrected at the 2nd Coming of Jesus Christ.

Daryl smile

Re: Requesting Special Prayer! [Re: Daryl] #117002
08/02/09 04:05 PM
08/02/09 04:05 PM
Daryl  Online Canadian

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
As Liane had posted her prayer request in a different forum here, I moved this into this forum where more people cam read this.

Daryl smile

Re: Requesting Special Prayer! [Re: Daryl] #117072
08/03/09 09:00 PM
08/03/09 09:00 PM
Daryl  Online Canadian

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
After doing some research I discovered that Liane Holland passed away in Reno, Nevada on July 22, 2009 at 7:00 p.m.

Liane was a Seventh Day Adventist who studied and helped others understand the teachings of Christ.

She had been severely hard of hearing and had taught a sign language class at the Bishop SDA Church.

She used a hearing dog trained to help her know if someone was calling her, if the phone rang, etc.

Daryl smile

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:39 AM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!