HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,636
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 21
kland 7
Daryl 2
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, Daryl, 2 invisible), 3,447 guests, and 12 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: What's wrong with "sinning not" #11487
11/15/04 04:45 AM
11/15/04 04:45 AM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Amen! I agree with everything you just posted. Can you believe it? The completeness of Christian character has been available to everyone since beginning of time as it relates to known sin, and as it relates to unknown sin since 1844 (especially since 1888).

Re: What's wrong with "sinning not" #11488
11/15/04 12:23 PM
11/15/04 12:23 PM
C
Claudia Thompson  Offline
England
Mike,
To be straightforward with you, this passage below reminds me of you. Regardless of what it is you believe, it just seems to me that you have revolved everything around that to the point of an obsession. Your particular "thing" is this idea about moral and intellectual perfection.

It doesnt matter WHY a person becomes obsessed with a particular idea... no matter how "sad" the thing is that made him that way. Morris Venden had a problem with a certain sin and he developed his entire theology around a particular thing till finally everything else didnt matter... (thats what his ghost writer told me) ... finally, it became the only thing he could ever seem to talk about. His entire theology revolved around having a "relationship" with Jesus, which sounds good on the surface.

Testimonies for the Church Volume Five
"That which Brother D calls light is apparently harmless; it does not look as though anyone could be injured by it. But, brethren, it is Satan's device, his entering wedge. This has been tried again and again. One accepts some new and original idea which does not seem to conflict with the truth. He talks of it and dwells upon it until it seems to him to be clothed with beauty and importance, for Satan has power to give this false appearance. At last it becomes the all-absorbing theme, the one great point around which everything centers; and the truth is uprooted from the heart."

I realize me saying this wont be the most popular thing in the world with the other people on this forum, but for some reason its what comes to mind when I think of you.

Re: What's wrong with "sinning not" #11489
11/16/04 04:09 AM
11/16/04 04:09 AM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Claudia, thank you for the compliment, though I realize you meant it as a loving rebuke and warning. Accusing me of being obsessed with rightousness by faith is flattering. It's like the classic anecdote, If you were accused of being a Christian, would there be enough evidence to condemn you?

But the truth of matter is, I'm not as obsessed with it as I would like to be, as I should be. Take a look around the various threads on MSDAOL and you will see how diversified my interests are. I know you believe the completeness of Christian character is possible, but you don't believe it is possible now, and yet you cannot supply the necessary inspired passages to support your erroneous view. Perhaps this is why you are so disturbed with my take on this topic?

1 Corinthians
2:2 For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

6T 42
One subject of emulation must swallow up all others--who will most nearly resemble Christ in character? who will most entirely hide self in Jesus? {6T 42.2}

SD 259
One interest will prevail, one subject will swallow up every other,--Christ our righteousness. {SD 259.3}

Instead of finding fault with those who long to know Christ and Him crucified, to experience righteousness by faith, our time and energy would be better spent encouraging each other to study it more thoroughly. May this one subject swallow up all others - and soon!

Re: What's wrong with "sinning not" #11490
11/16/04 04:51 AM
11/16/04 04:51 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
quote:
Amen! I agree with everything you just posted. Can you believe it? The completeness of Christian character has been available to everyone since beginning of time as it relates to known sin, and as it relates to unknown sin since 1844 (especially since 1888).
Good! Since you're going to be on hiatus, I suppose this is a good place to pause. In agreement. Yay!

Re: What's wrong with "sinning not" #11491
11/22/04 03:57 AM
11/22/04 03:57 AM
B
Boblee  Offline
Keene, TX, USA
A request was made for a definition of "faith." Permit me to suggest what I believe defines faith. The first is communication (Heb 10:17 NIV, "faith comes from hearing the message"). Second, we must believe the message (the usual definition of faith). Third, we must act on the message (James 2:14-26, "faith by itself, not accompanied by action, is dead" [v 17] and "faith without deeds is dead [v26]). It takes all three elements before we have faith.

We might note that if we believe something without some confirming communication or information we merely have hope and action without communication or knowledge is presumption. There is also doing something you don't believe in, that's like kissing up to the boss. None of these constitute faith. Faith must include all three elements: communication, belief, and action.

RL

Re: What's wrong with "sinning not" #11492
11/22/04 05:54 AM
11/22/04 05:54 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
A definition of faith I like is faith is a heart appreciation of the love of God, especially as revealed at the cross.

Re: What's wrong with "sinning not" #11493
11/22/04 01:32 PM
11/22/04 01:32 PM
D
D R  Offline
Charter Member
SDA
Active Member 2020

East Coast Canada
Praise God! These testimonies are what its all about! Thank God we are all Brothers and Sisters in Christ Jesus! Soon, very Soon we will be with Him, looking over the plans of our "dream homes". This world has so much pain and hurt BUT in Him we have the Blessed Hope!

My upbringing seems so ideal as I read part of your past Mike and Restin.
I grew up in a Maritime Middle Class single detatched home. No abuse at all (except a few spanks which I deserved) my parents were Christians (United Church of Canada) they have lived at the same place here in Moncton for almost 40 years. When I was 7 or 8, my brother who was 13 asked our MInister questions about the Saturday Sabbath issue, and it was not long after that we as a family began attending the SDA Church here in Moncton. (OUR NEIGHBOURS WERE SDA CHRISTIANS! AND THEY LET THEIR LIGHTS SHINE FOR HIM!)
Our family, my Mom, Dad, Brother (his wife and 2 kids) and I (my wife and our boy)are all still active in the church.
-Praise God for this lighthouse, His church!
Shalom

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/16/24 02:17 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by kland. 05/17/24 04:47 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!