HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,627
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 24
kland 13
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, Nadi, 3 invisible), 3,419 guests, and 11 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 50 of 91 1 2 48 49 50 51 52 90 91
Re: plagues [Re: teresaq] #116140
07/17/09 07:30 AM
07/17/09 07:30 AM
asygo  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

5500+ Member
California, USA
Originally Posted By: teresaq
i have read and reread your questions and the posts i had made preceeding them and can not figure out how you are saying anything different from what i said.

What makes you think I am trying to say anything different? wink

If you are saying that God knew there were snakes, and He removed His protection on purpose, and He knew that people would get bitten as a result, and He knew the snake bites would hurt like the dickens, and He did it anyway knowing what would happen.... Then, yes, we are saying the same thing.

He knew the snake bites would hurt like the dickens, and He did it anyway.

By God's grace,
Arnold

There is no excuse for any one in taking the position that there is no more truth to be revealed, and that all our expositions of Scripture are without an error. The fact that certain doctrines have been held as truth for many years by our people, is not a proof that our ideas are infallible. Age will not make error into truth, and truth can afford to be fair. No true doctrine will lose anything by close investigation. RH 12/20/1892
Re: plagues [Re: Tom] #116141
07/17/09 08:29 AM
07/17/09 08:29 AM
asygo  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

5500+ Member
California, USA
Originally Posted By: Tom
In fact, I believe that a chief reason the Great Controversy is going on to demonstrate that God is not responsible in any way for sin (or Satan) or its (or his) results. For Him to act like Satan (e.g. to desire or effect killing/destroying) would counteract His own purposes.

Let's look at some familiar examples (I won't post the corresponding Scripture since they are easy to find):

Quote:
But God would, for the good of His subjects and for their safety, punish the transgressor. God does not work on the plan of man. He can do infinite justice that man has no right to do before his fellow man. Noah would have displeased God to have drowned one of the scoffers and mockers that harassed him, but God drowned the vast world. Lot would have had no right to inflict punishment on his sons-in-law, but God would do it in strict justice. {LDE 241.2}

God would punish, even drown, transgressors "for the good of His subjects and for their safety." Would punishment and drowning involve pain, maybe excruciating pain? Death? Possibly.

Does God effect the good and safety of His subjects through punishment and drowning of sinners? It looks like it.

Would Satan do the punishing and drowning himself, since it benefits God's children? I doubt it.

Does God do things that He does not allow us to do? Yes.

Quote:
Though God had granted the prayer of Moses in sparing Israel from destruction, their apostasy was to be signally punished. The lawlessness and insubordination into which Aaron had permitted them to fall, if not speedily crushed, would run riot in wickedness, and would involve the nation in irretrievable ruin. By terrible severity the evil must be put away. ... In the name of "the Lord God of Israel," Moses now commanded those upon his right hand, who had kept themselves clear of idolatry, to gird on their swords and slay all who persisted in rebellion. {PP 324.1}

Those who performed this terrible work of judgment were acting by divine authority, executing the sentence of the King of heaven. ... Those who performed this painful act, thus manifested their abhorrence of rebellion and idolatry, and consecrated themselves more fully to the service of the true God. The Lord honored their faithfulness by bestowing special distinction upon the tribe of Levi. {PP 324.2}

The Levites did this at the command of God through Moses. That's the plain reading of the text.

Did God merely remove His protection, and let the bloodthirsty Levites kill their friends and relatives, in contrast to His desire? If so, I don't think they would have been considered faithful and worthy of blessing.

Did Satan instigate this "painful" event, which was needed to avoid "irretrievable ruin"? Was Satan to be credited for the severity by which "the evil [was] put away"? I don't think so.

Quote:
The priests of Baal witness with consternation the wonderful revelation of Jehovah's power. Yet even in their discomfiture and in the presence of divine glory, they refuse to repent of their evil-doing. They would still remain the prophets of Baal. Thus they showed themselves ripe for destruction. That repentant Israel may be protected from the allurements of those who have taught them to worship Baal, Elijah is directed by the Lord to destroy these false teachers. ...the ministers of Baal are slain. Not one is permitted to live. {PK 153.2}

With the slaying of the prophets of Baal, the way was opened for carrying forward a mighty spiritual reformation among the ten tribes of the northern kingdom. {PK 155.1}

Was Elijah itching to kill people, just waiting for God's permission? I doubt it.

Did Satan drive Elijah to do this? No. Rather, he was "directed by the Lord" to kill Baal's prophets. And the purpose was to protect repentant Israel, and to open the way for a mighty spiritual reformation.

Quote:
The time had come when God must speak to them by means of judgments. Inasmuch as the worshipers of Baal claimed that the treasures of heaven, the dew and the rain, came not from Jehovah, but from the ruling forces of nature, and that it was through the creative energy of the sun that the earth was enriched and made to bring forth abundantly, the curse of God was to rest heavily upon the polluted land. The apostate tribes of Israel were to be shown the folly of trusting to the power of Baal for temporal blessings. Until they should turn to God with repentance, and acknowledge Him as the source of all blessing, there should fall upon the land neither dew nor rain. {PK 120.1}

He fully believed that God would humble apostate Israel, and that through judgments they would be brought to repentance. The fiat of Heaven had gone forth; God's word could not fail; and at the peril of his life Elijah fearlessly fulfilled his commission. {PK 121.2}

The people recognize God's justice and mercy in withholding the dew and the rain until they have been brought to confess His name. They are ready now to admit that the God of Elijah is above every idol. {PK 153.1}

What we have here is a little different in character than our previous examples. This time it is clear that God merely withheld His blessings.

There was no dew or rain for over 3 years. Did that result in suffering or death? It surely did. So terrible were the results that it was considered a "curse of God."

You can't blame Satan for this, since he doesn't send rain in the first place. Can't blame nature for this, since God decides what nature does. Can't blame sinful man for this, since he has no power to control weather.

This is an obvious case of God speaking through judgments. This was the "fiat of Heaven." This was God's doing.

And what exactly was God up to in all this? "The people recognize God's justice and mercy in withholding the dew and the rain until they have been brought to confess His name." After the people's eyes were opened and they had a clearer view of God's character, they recognized the withholding of dew and rain as "justice and mercy." Justice is easy to see, but why mercy? Because through this painful experience, they were saved from the more painful experience of spiritual death. Through this, they were led to confess God's name.

Would Satan have caused this himself? I doubt it. He ain't no fool.

Quote:
It is the last night before the proposed execution. A mighty angel is sent from heaven to rescue Peter. The strong gates that shut in the saint of God open without the aid of human hands. The angel of the Most High passes through, and the gates close noiselessly behind him. He enters the cell, and there lies Peter, sleeping the peaceful sleep of perfect trust. {AA 146.2}

The same angel who had come from the royal courts to rescue Peter, had been the messenger of wrath and judgment to Herod. The angel smote Peter to arouse him from slumber; it was with a different stroke that he smote the wicked king, laying low his pride and bringing upon him the punishment of the Almighty. Herod died in great agony of mind and body, under the retributive judgment of God. {AA 152.1}

This demonstration of divine justice had a powerful influence upon the people. The tidings that the apostle of Christ had been miraculously delivered from prison and death, while his persecutor had been stricken down by the curse of God, were borne to all lands and became the means of leading many to a belief in Christ. {AA 152.2}

This one seems the clearest of all. The SAME ANGEL who smote Peter also smote Herod. That is clear beyond contention.

Is this angel a holy angel? Is this angel one who ministers to the needs of men, or ministers their destruction? Is this angel a messenger of God or of Satan?

I would say that this angel - the angel of the Most High - is one of the good guys. I don't think he wanted to wreak havoc among men, just waiting for God to allow him. I believe he acted upon God's command. And we find that he who rescued Peter from death also caused "great agony of mind and body" to Herod.

Pain and death? Yes. Done by God's messenger? Yes. According to His will? Yes. And this "became the means of leading many to a belief in Christ."

God sometimes causes pain if it is eternally beneficial.

By God's grace,
Arnold

There is no excuse for any one in taking the position that there is no more truth to be revealed, and that all our expositions of Scripture are without an error. The fact that certain doctrines have been held as truth for many years by our people, is not a proof that our ideas are infallible. Age will not make error into truth, and truth can afford to be fair. No true doctrine will lose anything by close investigation. RH 12/20/1892
Re: plagues [Re: asygo] #116143
07/17/09 09:41 AM
07/17/09 09:41 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Arnold, in regards to your last post, so many different concepts are covered, it would be difficult to respond to each of them. So I'll just comment on a couple of things, and you're free to repost any of the other points you brought up if you wish.

Regarding God's doing things that we're not allowed to do, these quotes presuppose perceiving that God is doing these things in the first place. I realize that the SOP is saying that God did these things, but Scripture often presents God as doing things too, even though God actually permitted them rather than cause them to happen. For example, God killed Saul, God sent fiery serpents upon the Israelites, God moved David to number Israel, God destroyed Jerusalem, God sent a lying spirit to Ahab, etc.

I assume you're heard of Kohlberg's principles:

Quote:

Level 1 (Pre-Conventional)

1. Obedience and punishment orientation

(How can I avoid punishment?)

2. Self-interest orientation

(What's in it for me?)

Level 2 (Conventional)

3. Interpersonal accord and conformity

(Social norms)
(The good boy/good girl attitude)

4. Authority and social-order maintaining orientation

(Law and order morality)

Level 3 (Post-Conventional)

5. Social contract orientation
6. Universal ethical principles

People can be in different stages. God communicates truths to people in each stage, as He is constrained to do, in order to reach people at that stage. That risks the possibility of being misunderstood.

I'll give a couple of examples. Steps to Christ tells us there is a heaven to gain and a hell to shun. That would give the impression that we should be focused on these things, that heaven and hell should be motivations for us; that is, that fear of punishment and hope of reward are motivating factors we should be guided by. But "The Desire of Ages" tells us:

Quote:
It is not the fear of punishment, or the hope of everlasting reward, that leads the disciples of Christ to follow Him. They behold the Saviour's matchless love, revealed throughout His pilgrimage on earth, from the manger of Bethlehem to Calvary's cross, and the sight of Him attracts, it softens and subdues the soul. Love awakens in the heart of the beholders. They hear His voice, and they follow Him. (DA 480)

For someone in a lower stage of moral development, God says, "There's a heaven to win, and a hell to shun." Someone further along can understand the Desire of Ages statement. The fact that God says the former doesn't make the latter not true. It's only an apparent contradiction, based on God's communicating to people who perceive things differently.

Another example is the parable of Lazarus and the rich man. In this parable, Christ knew that many of His listeners believed the soul was immortal, so He told a parable which agreed with the paradigm that they had. This didn't mean that their paradigm was correct, but Christ worked within that paradigm to teach them truth.

Now let's consider the flood statement. The overlying principle is that we should use violence against others just because we perceive that this is what God did. This doesn't mean that God used violence any more than it means that God believes the soul is immortal. God is communicating truth (don't use violence) to one who has a certain paradigm (God uses violence). But if we look to other portions of Scripture, and the SOP, it's clear that God doesn't use violence at all, just as it's clear that the soul is not immortal, Christ's parable notwithstanding.

This is a long-winded explanation of the flood statement, which I hope is understandable. I wrote this out in detail because the principles explained here also apply to other of the examples you brought out.

I'll address one other point:

Quote:
Would Satan have caused this himself? I doubt it. He ain't no fool.

The following is from "The Great Controversy"

Quote:
The Jews had forged their own fetters; they had filled for themselves the cup of vengeance. In the utter destruction that befell them as a nation, and in all the woes that followed them in their dispersion, they were but reaping the harvest which their own hands had sown. Says the prophet: "O Israel, thou hast destroyed thyself;" "for thou hast fallen by thine iniquity." Hosea 13:9; 14:1. Their sufferings are often represented as a punishment visited upon them by the direct decree of God. It is thus that the great deceiver seeks to conceal his own work. (GC 35)

I want to be very clear here, so as not to be misunderstood. I'm not saying that Satan caused the drought. I'm simply addressing the question as to whether Satan would do such a thing. From the above quote, we see that he would. We see that the "great deceiver" conceals his own work when others view the sufferings he causes as a punishment visited upon those suffering by the direct decree of God. So again, as to the question if Satan *would* do such a thing, the answer is clearly yes.

Now as to his not doing this because of not being a fool, we see the reverse applies. Because he is clever, he *does* do such things. Why? So people will view God as being a harsh, violent God. It is in Satan's interests that God be viewed in such a way.

I'm reminded of the following statement:

Quote:
It was generally believed by the Jews that sin is punished in this life. Every affliction was regarded as the penalty of some wrongdoing, either of the sufferer himself or of his parents. It is true that all suffering results from the transgression of God's law, but this truth had become perverted. Satan, the author of sin and all its results, had led men to look upon disease and death as proceeding from God,--as punishment arbitrarily inflicted on account of sin. (DA 471)

The truth is that *Satan* is the author of sin and all its results. This means that he, and he alone, is responsible, which was my original point (quoting from myself, slightly edited, the original point that you responded to)

Quote:
In fact, I believe that a chief reason the Great Controversy is going on is to demonstrate that God is not responsible in any way for sin or its results.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: plagues [Re: Tom] #116144
07/17/09 10:10 AM
07/17/09 10:10 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
While thinking about this some more, it occurred to me that there's a rather simply way to explain the differences of opinion here. There are two sets of statements in the SOP. On the one hand, the SOP says things like:

a.Force is not a principle of God's government. Compelling force is to be found only in Satan's government.
b.All that man can know of God was revealed in the life and character of His Son while here in the flesh.

On the other hand, there are scores of statements where it appears that God is acting violently and using force. So how is this apparent contradiction to be resolved?

It appears to me there are two ways to go about this. One way is to particularize the above statements, a and b. So that rather than describing how God always works, they describe how God generally works. So, for example, a. becomes:

a.Generally speaking, God does not use force or act violently. But there are some exceptions.

Now we can harmonize concept a. with statements where God acts violently and uses force by simply considering these statements to be exceptions.

I don't know how to particularize b, but I'm sure one could attempt to do so in a way similar to a.

The other way to harmonize the apparent contradictions is to take the approach that there is another explanation to the events in Scripture which depict God as acting violently or using force.

While the former approach is by far more common, I believe the latter approach is the correct one.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: plagues [Re: asygo] #116145
07/17/09 10:23 AM
07/17/09 10:23 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Arnold, regarding #116138, my question involves the principle that it's OK to cause excruciating pain if its eternally beneficial. I asked if what was done in Medieval times, where some people (those who sincerely believed that by their actions they could be eternally saving the heretic) applied this same principle, if that was OK.

It appears your answer is, "No, because they were not God." In this case, the principle "It's OK to cause excruciating pain if its eternally beneficial" becomes "It's OK to cause excruciating pain if its eternally beneficial, if you are God". Does this accurately reflect your view of things?

Re: plagues [Re: Tom] #116146
07/17/09 10:30 AM
07/17/09 10:30 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Quote:
A:If you are saying that God knew there were snakes, and He removed His protection on purpose, and He knew that people would get bitten as a result, and He knew the snake bites would hurt like the dickens, and He did it anyway knowing what would happen.... Then, yes, we are saying the same thing.

This way of looking at things seems to be wanting to make God responsible for what happened. From "The Great Controversy"

Quote:
The Jews had forged their own fetters; they had filled for themselves the cup of vengeance....Their sufferings are often represented as a punishment visited upon them by the direct decree of God. It is thus that the great deceiver seeks to conceal his own work. By stubborn rejection of divine love and mercy, the Jews had caused the protection of God to be withdrawn from them, and Satan was permitted to rule them according to his will....

We cannot know how much we owe to Christ for the peace and protection which we enjoy. It is the restraining power of God that prevents mankind from passing fully under the control of Satan....The Spirit of God, persistently resisted, is at last withdrawn from the sinner, and then there is left no power to control the evil passions of the soul, and no protection from the malice and enmity of Satan. (GC 35, 36)

For "Satan" here, one can substitute "fiery snakes," as we see the same principles at work. The Jews in the desert "caused the protection of God to be withdrawn from them." They "persistently resisted" the Spirit of God, who was "at last withdrawn."

It would be a mistake to view the sufferings of the Jews as something God was doing to them.

Re: plagues [Re: Mountain Man] #116156
07/17/09 02:55 PM
07/17/09 02:55 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
No, we are not at liberty to inflict pain on people for any reason whatsoever. Yes, God can do things to sinners in “infinite justice” that we cannot do to sinners. We are no longer under a theocracy; therefore, God will not command us to kill sinners like He did Moses. However, please bear in mind, the purpose of capital punishment was not to inflict pain but to execute justice.

I have never understood how you did not understand the comparison Tom was making. Thank you for explaining it. It makes sense and has indeed been used concerning stoning, etc. You are saying things are different now than then.

However, was/is the papacy under a theocracy? Whether real (as intended) or imagined? I think that was what Tom was getting at "but to an individual playing a role".

A certain denomination believes that in the near future, God's kingdom will be established on the earth -- though not much else changes. Do you think they could believe they would be under a theocracy? Even though it was not real, do you think they would fully believe it?

Quote:
I’m not sure how this question and my answer relate to the plagues of Egypt. Do you have any suggestions?

I can now see from what you explained above why you don't think it relates, but I think it very much so relates.

Quote:
Do you think they got their ideas from reading about the plagues of Egypt?

I don't think from specifically reading of those of Egypt nor the future, but of their idea of God either from the Bible or from being instructed as to how He is.

Quote:
Every year the COI were commanded to commemorate the Pass Over.
I have yet to find where you define COI. Is that a type of goldfish?

By the way, I think Teresa pointed out your comment referenced above comes across so ..... (I will refrain from describing it as you have requested) to some of us. I will attempt to consider that you are not trying to incite us but have misunderstood...? Could you please explain why, when, whoever the goldfish were, they were requested to commemorate the Pass Over (the passing over, the sparing of their first born), would you think it to mean to commemorate the killing, the slaughtering, of the Egyptians? Do you really think God would ask us to celebrate someone's misfortune? This thought process is what gets my, and at least Teresa's, hackles up. This comes across as intentional deceit. Like I said, I will try my best to be open about this and attempt to understand how you came to this idea. You have explained the theocracy reason so I understand you at least better. Can you do the same, refrain from quoting a bunch of stuff but explain in detail about relating the commemorating of the killing. Thank you.

Re: plagues [Re: kland] #116157
07/17/09 03:07 PM
07/17/09 03:07 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
COI = Children of Israel.

Re: plagues [Re: asygo] #116158
07/17/09 03:18 PM
07/17/09 03:18 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: asygo
It is wrong to believe that exactly the same principles apply to God and His creatures.

Would it be fair to make a comparison with a substitute statement?

It is wrong to believe that exactly the same rules apply to Hitler and his subjects.

(and I don't know if "receiving worship" would be considered a rule in this case)

That question is the whole point of the discussions about God's character. What is good for the goose is good for the gander. It's not, do as I say, not as I do.

Originally Posted By: asygo
If you are saying that God knew there were snakes, and He removed His protection on purpose, and He knew that people would get bitten as a result, and He knew the snake bites would hurt like the dickens, and He did it anyway knowing what would happen.... Then, yes, we are saying the same thing.

To reduce your question down to what it really means:
Why did God create Lucifer if He knew what would happen?

Re: plagues [Re: kland] #116159
07/17/09 03:52 PM
07/17/09 03:52 PM
asygo  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

5500+ Member
California, USA
Originally Posted By: kland
Would it be fair to make a comparison with a substitute statement?

It is wrong to believe that exactly the same rules apply to Hitler and his subjects.

(and I don't know if "receiving worship" would be considered a rule in this case)

You have lost the vast distinction between the Creator and the creature. And to make to make Hitler's relationship to his subjects analogous to God's relationship to His subjects is mind-boggling.

Furthermore, to disallow every instance that does not fit into your paradigm as irrelevant makes it very easy to accept any paradigm that suits your fancy. The trick is to find a paradigm that fits all the facts.

By God's grace,
Arnold

Page 50 of 91 1 2 48 49 50 51 52 90 91

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:39 AM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by kland. 05/06/24 11:36 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!