HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,596
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 14
kland 9
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
Kevin H
Kevin H
New York
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, 1 invisible), 3,300 guests, and 15 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 18 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 17 18
Re: Does God sometimes cause pain? [Re: Tom] #116938
08/01/09 03:44 AM
08/01/09 03:44 AM
asygo  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2023

5500+ Member
California, USA
Originally Posted By: Tom
Quote:
But there's another thing you should consider. If Tom has been treated unfairly, God will give him grace to overcome the persecution. However, God does not promise to give YOU any grace for TOM's troubles. So don't take other people's burdens upon yourself; it will cause you grief that you might not be called upon to bear.

Quote:
Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.(Galatians 6:2)

To stick up for someone who you believe is being unfairly treated is completely Biblical.

To stick up for someone is fine. But to take offense for someone is not. And sticking up for someone by defending error is also not fine.

By God's grace,
Arnold

There is no excuse for any one in taking the position that there is no more truth to be revealed, and that all our expositions of Scripture are without an error. The fact that certain doctrines have been held as truth for many years by our people, is not a proof that our ideas are infallible. Age will not make error into truth, and truth can afford to be fair. No true doctrine will lose anything by close investigation. RH 12/20/1892
Re: Does God sometimes cause pain? [Re: Tom] #116939
08/01/09 05:08 AM
08/01/09 05:08 AM
asygo  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2023

5500+ Member
California, USA
Here, for example, you made a comment last week(!) that you claim is "bearing fruit" in that it is "revealing a premise" which you hope to address soon! That's a long time to drag a thing out. Why not just write out a well reasoned post which makes the points you wish to make?

My wife just had major surgery, remember? I spent most of last week preparing for it, and this week was spent in recovering from it. And it's far from over. So, drive by postings is all I can do.

Anyway, since I have a little time to address the hidden premise that I only recently glimpsed, here goes....

Originally Posted By: Tom Post #116713
As I pointed out to MM, I think there are four issues of increasing difficulty to understand:

1.The atonement.
2.The judgment of the wicked.
3.The violent acts which God performed in the OT.
4.The violent acts which God commanded others to perform in the OT.

It seems to me impossible that if one has the wrong ideas about 1 that this won't permeate the others. This would agree with Ellen White's statement:

Quote:
The sacrifice of Christ as an atonement for sin is the great truth around which all other truths cluster. In order to be rightly understood and appreciated, every truth in the word of God, from Genesis to Revelation, must be studied in the light that streams from the cross of Calvary.(GW 315)

When I read that, of course I agreed with the idea that the cross sheds light on everything.

But I was wondering how this applied to post #116691, to which it was a reply. In that post, I pointed out that according to all the accounts we have of two events - the stoning of the man who picked up sticks on the Sabbath and the execution of the unrepentant calf-worshipers - God ordered pain and death to be meted out by the Israelites.

Of your list of 4 items of increasing difficulty, though you did not mention where in inspiration we find such a listing, you said, "It seems to me impossible that if one has the wrong ideas about 1 that this won't permeate the others." IOW, if one does not understand #1 correctly, #4, the point you were replying to, cannot be understood correctly. That seems reasonable based on the GW 315 quote.

However, and this was the first glimpse of the premise, I could not see how that applies to my post about God giving the orders to kill the stick-gatherer and the calf-worshipers. Yes, we must understand the atonement properly in order for every piece of the puzzle to fit properly, but that does not impact the historical facts of the events I mentioned. IOW, even if I misunderstand the atonement, how can that change the facts regarding whether or not God ordered Moses to kill those people? It does not; what happened then is set in stone, regardless of my understanding or lack thereof.

So I wondered what you could be thinking. Then this one popped in my inbox.

Originally Posted By: Tom Post #116894
Quote:
T:Perhaps sin, rather than the doctor, is responsible for the pain she's experiencing.

A:No, in this case the "sin" definitely would not have made the incisions on its own.

Ok, Arnold. If you prefer to believe the doctor is responsible for your wife's pain, rather than sin, or her sickness, that's fine. Likewise if you prefer to believe that God is responsible for people's pain rather than sin. We all interpret things according to our paradigm. The Calvinist reads the Scriptures and see evidence that there's no such thing as free will.

My question to you is, what's your motivation in seeing things this way? That is, why do you prefer seeing God as responsible for these things rather than sin?

Here's what caught my eye: If you prefer to believe the doctor is responsible for your wife's pain, rather than sin, or her sickness, that's fine.

Now, here was a historical event - my wife's surgery. It already happened, so nothing can be done to change what happened. Before it happened, the doctor told me that she was going to cut my wife. Afterwards, the doctor told me that she did cut my wife. Every eyewitness to the event documented that the doctor did, in fact, cut my wife.

Today, my wife tells me that the cuts hurt. These are cuts that, by the testimony of all involved, the doctor made. Since I was not there, I cannot dispute the testimony, even if I wanted to. Therefore, I must conclude that the doctor caused the cuts which are now causing the pain.

Of course, I could credit the pain to the scalpel that the doctor used, or the nerve endings that are sending signals to the brain. But that would be silly. So let's just skip that. The doctor was the motive force in making these cuts. So she was responsible for the cuts. And, without a doubt, they hurt. Therefore, the doctor is responsible for the pain.

The claim could be made that the disease caused this pain. Yes, the disease caused pain, but it was not THIS pain; it was another kind of pain. The disease did not cause these incisions. The pain from the disease is gone. What is left is the pain from the incisions that the doctor, NOT the disease, made.

But the new insight I'm getting from you is that you claim that what I "prefer to believe" impacts who made these cuts or who caused the pain. You asked, "[W]hat's your motivation in seeing things this way?" It is as if I need a motivation other than seeing things for what they are.

I am an engineer by education. We are trained to analyze things based on what IS, not what we would LIKE THEM TO BE. We left that kind of discussion to the history and literature majors on the north end of campus. On the south side, we tested our theories on cold, hard observations. Facts always trumped feelings.

Here is one of the historical facts in question: God sometimes commanded the Israelites, through Moses, to kill rebels.

As far as the stick-gatherer and the calf-worshipers, all the testimony we have - the Bible and SOP - say that God commanded the COI to do it. Regardless of what I prefer to believe, or what my motivations are, or what I would like to feel about it, or anything else about me, the documentation of this event all say that God ordered the killing of those rebels. I take that as a data point, and formulate my theory such that it accommodates that point.

Does your theory of the atonement, of God's abhorrence of violence, etc., take into account that God commanded those killings? Or do you believe that God did not command those killings?

To make it very easy to see if we're even looking at the same thing, let's boil it down to determining what happened in the desert. Did God order Moses to have the stick-gatherer and the calf-worshipers killed by the COI?

I say, Yes. What say you?

And that is the same answer I give to the question in the subject: Does God sometimes cause pain? Regardless of any misunderstandings there may be about God's purposes or motives, one event is enough to answer the question in the affirmative. And we have here two such events.

Let's go back to my wife's surgery. The disease caused pain, but it never caused as much pain as the cuts are now causing. The pain the doctor caused is excruciating, while the pain the disease caused was only debilitating. Definitely, the pain the doctor caused hurts worse.

Moreover, the disease, had it been left unchecked, would have eventually decreased in pain. It would actually have made my wife numb to any pain. She would have become unconscious, then she would have died. Letting the disease progress would have entailed less pain, but less life.

I look at the situation and freely admit that the doctor caused pain. But it is a pain I praise and thank her for, because when taking everything into account, the alternative is worse.

By God's grace,
Arnold

There is no excuse for any one in taking the position that there is no more truth to be revealed, and that all our expositions of Scripture are without an error. The fact that certain doctrines have been held as truth for many years by our people, is not a proof that our ideas are infallible. Age will not make error into truth, and truth can afford to be fair. No true doctrine will lose anything by close investigation. RH 12/20/1892
Re: Does God sometimes cause pain? [Re: asygo] #116941
08/01/09 05:29 AM
08/01/09 05:29 AM
teresaq  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

Very Dedicated Member
CA, USA
Originally Posted By: asygo
To stick up for someone is fine. But to take offense for someone is not. And sticking up for someone by defending error is also not fine.
as a child and young adult i could never understand why it was wrong for the papacy to hurt people but it was ok for adventists to hurt people.

and the message came across very strong that it was ok to hurt people, disrespect and mistreat those we deemed as "bad" in some form.

i struggled with that for years. the only thing i could figure out was that it was wrong for the papacy because they were wrong but it was ok for us to hurt people because we were right.

but we forget the lessons of the past. so many in the church held jones and waggoner to be in "error".....according to the sop they refused to unite in prayer with j and w, and they refused to investigate the position being presented.

they felt the law was being undermined.

the jews before them felt that Jesus was undermining the law.

the jews persectuted Jesus and slammed Him on a cross, then went after the disciples.

ellen white said if j and w fell away it would be the fault of their brethern.

but i guess it is still ok to hurt people as long as we have decided those people are in "error". we are, after all, just as infallible as the jews and those of ellen whites day, are we not?

after all, the reasoning is that people have to be hurt if it will bring about a greater good. the sop and research has proven that so very wrong, but what would they know?

Last edited by Rosangela; 08/07/09 02:21 PM. Reason: Removal of content not appropriate to the discussion
Re: Does God sometimes cause pain? [Re: teresaq] #116946
08/01/09 06:43 AM
08/01/09 06:43 AM
asygo  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2023

5500+ Member
California, USA

Last edited by Rosangela; 08/07/09 02:20 PM. Reason: Removal of content not appropriate to the discussion
Re: Does God sometimes cause pain? [Re: asygo] #116955
08/01/09 03:48 PM
08/01/09 03:48 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Regarding you're being busy, I understand. But stringing things along is not a new thing. At any rate, I really appreciate your prompt, detailed reply! Especially given your circumstances. Thank you!

Quote:
However, and this was the first glimpse of the premise, I could not see how that applies to my post about God giving the orders to kill the stick-gatherer and the calf-worshipers. Yes, we must understand the atonement properly in order for every piece of the puzzle to fit properly, but that does not impact the historical facts of the events I mentioned. IOW, even if I misunderstand the atonement, how can that change the facts regarding whether or not God ordered Moses to kill those people? It does not; what happened then is set in stone, regardless of my understanding or lack thereof.

What happened is, of course, set in stone, but not our perception of what happened. The same thing could be said of the cross. What happened there? That's, of course, set in stone as well. But our perception of that event isn't, and as our perception of that event changes, so will our perception of other events.

Regarding God's causing pain, I wasn't discussing this as a general principle, but was specifically addressing a subset of this, in particular, God's (supposedly) causing excruciating pain upon His enemies in order to get them to do His will. It appears what you are doing is taking this specific principle, causing it to include a greater scope than intended, finding a counter-example of that greater scope, and then concluding that the original principle is false.

If the truth causes us pain, because of sin, and God revealed the truth to us, which causes us pain, that's in my view a reasonable way of looking at things. This could be viewed in a similar to a doctor's using a painful technique to heal an illness.

However, back to God's revealing truth. There's another issue to consider. Why should the revelation of truth cause pain? It shouldn't. It's only because of the presence of sin that truth causes pain. So is this God's "fault" or sin's? Surely it is sin that is responsible, because without sin, there would be no pain. It doesn't make sense to ascribe the blame to something like the skillful revelation of truth.

To give an example of skillful revelation of truth, consider the case of Simon the leper. From the SOP we learn that he led Mary, who had crashed the party, into sin. When he said within himself, "If this man were a prophet, He would know what manner of woman this is," he was exhibiting hypocrisy of the highest order. Christ could have exposed him in righteous indignation, and have been totally justified in so doing. But Christ loved Simon's soul. He wanted to save Simon. So he told Simon a parable, which only Simon understood. By the parable Simon understood that Christ knew what he had done, that Christ could have exposed him publicly, but didn't, instead telling him a story that exposed him as a hypocrite, but did so in a way that only Simon could understand. Beautiful!

So did Christ cause Simon pain? One could say so, but surely the real culprit was Simon's own hypocrisy.

Regarding the COI in the wilderness, this seems to me to be quite a different situation than the plagues. In the one case, God is supposedly causing violent things to happen to inflict His enemies with pain to force them to do His will, and in another He is supposedly ordering others to do something similar in His name, which seems, if anything, even worse. A brief, and I'm sure insufficient answer, to your question to me regarding what happened in respect to the calf-worshippers, I don't perceive what happened there as you do. If I had to answer your question "yes" or "no," I'd have to answer "no," but the reason for the "no" would be because my perception of the whole incident is different than yours. I'd have to go into a lot more detail to explain this satisfactorily. Right now I'm more interested in pursuing the questions we were speaking of, involving whether God inflicts others with excruciating pain if its eternally beneficial.

I'm particularly interested in the implications to our own behavior. From your answers, it appears to me that you feel it would be perfectly appropriate for us, as God's representatives, to inflict others with excruciating pain if its eternally beneficial. I'm sure you'd agree with me that we don't have the ability to properly judge such things (i.e. when such pain should be inflicted) so would have to leave that to God, and merely respond to His orders. So if God ordered you to kill or maim in His name, presumably you would do so.

I wouldn't, because I would never believe it was God telling me to do so. kland was getting at this same thing earlier. Hope he drops by to contribute some thoughts.

At any rate, one can see the importance of an issue such as this. Before Christ comes a second time, Satan will impersonate Christ, trying to get us to do things for him while we think we are honoring God. This is what the Great Controversy is all about: who is God? What is He like?

A comment regarding the engineering points. I work for a software development company. When dealing with software, you have to get things right, because the computer is stupid, only doing precisely what it's told to do. So tell it the wrong thing, and that's what it does, despite your intentions as to what you want it to do, or what you think it should be doing. So I'm very well acquainted with the perspective you are speaking of.

However, I don't think human history can be analyzed in terms of "data points." It's not like you can look at a piece of code, and see "Oops! That says '1' instead of '2' That's why this whole things working wrong!"

This just happened to me, and is actually an excellent example of what I'm getting at. I had to get someone to help me, because I couldn't figure out what was going on. That's because I had certain ideas fixed in my head. In my head, there was a "2" there, but in reality there was a "1." But because of my presuppositions, I couldn't see the "2". A friend helped me, looked at things, without the presuppositions that I had, and found the error.

His perspective was different than mine, which enabled him to see the truth.

Now if perspective can cause us to improperly view something as closed to interpretation as what a number is, how much more so when we are analyzing human history.

Regarding the list of difficulty, I made that up. It seemed reasonable to me as I considered discussions I've had with people. I'm, of course, coming at things from the perspective that my view of things is generally correct, and then consider on what points people agree with me. I find there are oodles of people who agree with me in regards to the first two points (the death of Christ, and the judgment) but many fewer regarding the last two points (if God acts violently or orders others to do so). The OT is so overwhelmingly violent, it seems, on the fact of things, crazy to even consider such a notion. But when I look at Jesus Christ, I'm constrained to believe what I see in Him, and conclude that the OT has simply been grossly misunderstood.

Going back to the COI question, if you wish a more detailed explanation, please go to http://sinbearer.com/light_on_the_dark_side_of_god.htm and read chapter 9.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: Does God sometimes cause pain? [Re: asygo] #116956
08/01/09 03:50 PM
08/01/09 03:50 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Quote:
Again, as far as I know, you have never clearly stated why you think Jesus in the OT commanded Moses and the COI to stone sinners to death.

MM, please take a look at http://sinbearer.com/light_on_the_dark_side_of_god.htm chapter 9. This is a good explanation of what I've been trying to say.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: Does God sometimes cause pain? [Re: asygo] #116957
08/01/09 04:06 PM
08/01/09 04:06 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Quote:
A:I don't think he's been treated in an unchristlike manner in these discussions.

T:If you wish to know my opinion regarding this, I'd be happy to share it.

A:Please do. If you have experienced bad treatment, especially by me, I would like to know.

Regarding you personally, I'll send you a PM. I'll make some general comments.

I think my positions have often been grossly misrepresented. So many times I can't count I've pointed out "I never said this." I've asked to be quoted, and taken to task for daring to insist that I be quoted accurately or have my positions not grossly misrepresented. I don't think that's fair.

Often there have been comments directed at me personally as opposed to addressing the ideas being shared.

Often the tone of comments in general is very unpleasant. Some posts I've found to be downright nasty in tone.

I'd be curious to know what Teresa had in mind.

Having said some negative things, I'll say some positive ones. When I first started posting with MM, we both said things the other didn't like. I'm talking about the positions taken, but how the posting was done; words used to describe the other or the other's view, how questions were put, etc. So he told me what he didn't like, and I told him what I didn't like, and we've accommodated each other pretty well. We disagree on a lot of things, but are able to communicate in a way that makes our conversations not unpleasant for the other.

Rosangela is another example. We never had the difficulties that MM and I sometimes had, but she improved in terms of her discussion technique and I think she makes a good role model. She rarely makes personal comments, and is accurate in quoting others and correctly representing their positions. She also presents well thought out arguments.

Re: Does God sometimes cause pain? [Re: Tom] #116958
08/01/09 04:31 PM
08/01/09 04:31 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Quote:
A:To stick up for someone is fine. But to take offense for someone is not.

I'm not following this. If you see someone being poorly treated, why would it be wrong to be offended by this? I don't understand this. I also don't understand your comment that we shouldn't be burdened by another being poorly treated. Isn't this the Spirit of Christ?

Quote:
And sticking up for someone by defending error is also not fine.

What do you think you're doing? smile

Seriously, I think this is a funny comment you made. Obviously if you and I are disagreeing on a point, at least one of us is wrong. If you're wrong, and you defend your position, then you are defending error. If someone else is wrong, and you defend their position, then you are doing the very thing which you say is "not fine."

Unless we are perfect in what we believe, the only recourse would seem to be just keep silent. I think the real thing to watch out for is not being open to truth. If we are open to truth, then even though we defend error, we'll be willing to change our ideas. Isn't that what the point of these discussions is?

Re: Does God sometimes cause pain? [Re: asygo] #116959
08/01/09 06:01 PM
08/01/09 06:01 PM
teresaq  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

Very Dedicated Member
CA, USA

it has been pointed out to me privately that my wording was poorly chosen. for that i apologize. i saw it more as a general statement but understand it was taken "personally".

again i do apologize.

Last edited by Rosangela; 08/07/09 02:28 PM. Reason: Removal of content for having been removed from other posts
Re: Does God sometimes cause pain? [Re: Tom] #116960
08/01/09 07:23 PM
08/01/09 07:23 PM
teresaq  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

Very Dedicated Member
CA, USA
Rosangela is another example. We never had the difficulties that MM and I sometimes had, but she improved in terms of her discussion technique and I think she makes a good role model. She rarely makes personal comments, and is accurate in quoting others and correctly representing their positions. She also presents well thought out arguments.
agreed. when i first started posting i had a hard time with her, but it can be a joy to interact with her now. she may be on a different track than i am at times but generally speaking there is much more of a discussion going on with her.

Psa 64:5 ...an evil matter: they commune of laying snares privily; they say, Who shall see them?

Psa 7:14 Behold, he travaileth with iniquity, and hath conceived mischief, and brought forth falsehood. 15 He made a pit, and digged it, and is fallen into the ditch which he made. 16 His mischief (and his violent dealing) shall return upon his own head.

Psa 7:17 I will praise the LORD according to his righteousness: and will sing praise to the name of the LORD most high.
Page 7 of 18 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 17 18

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/25/24 09:37 AM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/24/24 02:15 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!