HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,632
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 20
kland 5
Daryl 2
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
Daryl
Daryl
Nova Scotia, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
4 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, Daryl, Kevin H), 3,289 guests, and 10 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Person of God and Spiritualism [Re: vastergotland] #118559
09/01/09 01:53 PM
09/01/09 01:53 PM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Originally Posted By: västergötland
Comparing your points 2 and 3 above, I wonder if those christians you meet in the past would say you had a pet agenda to push?

And of course you are right in pointing out that different circumstances requires different expectations.

They probably would say that. On the other hand, they seemed to be looking for excuses to remain non-denominational and/or anti-Adventist too. (This was the kind that came looking to push their agenda...I started out just answering their questions.)

However, I have had some very good Christian friends too. I worked for a man once who was not an Adventist, but who always respected my Sabbaths enough to let me leave work early Friday, and never expected to see me on Saturday, even though his work continued. We discussed Bible issues from time to time at work, but only very superficially and casually. I didn't push it. One day, he surprised me as it was getting along toward four o'clock on a Friday and I was still at work (the sun did not set for a few hours yet). He knew I usually got off earlier on Friday. He asked me if I was getting into trouble...and he was very serious! He did not want me to break my Sabbath!

Though he was a very thoughtful and Christian man, he never appeared interested in real Bible study. I have since sent him a Great Controversy, but have no idea if he is reading it or not. I haven't seen him in years.

These are the type of "traditional Christians" that seem too complacent with their present state of knowledge. He was a wonderful man. We got along very well. I respected his gentlemanliness. But perhaps I was not pushy enough to prick his interest in deeper Bible study.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: Person of God and Spiritualism [Re: Green Cochoa] #118577
09/01/09 04:20 PM
09/01/09 04:20 PM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden
Most, or even all, of us would be seen as having a pet agenda to push in these discussions. smile We can see this on this maritime forum for instance. If one or both parts has as a pet agenda that the other part change beliefs from their "false understanding" and come to the "truth", then certainly much debate can come out of it. And if someone harbors the opinion that "anyone who cannot see what is so obvious and beyond question to me cannot possibly be interested in the bible or a bible student", then it would indeed be difficult to find persons interested in the bible outside of those who already agree with what this person thinks him/herself. Of course I do not know if this even remotely describes you Greenie, though your previous comment that "if they did study more, we would have more Adventists" make me wonder.

This good friend of yours, I wonder if he went to sunday school or to other biblestudy oportunities in his church?

Galatians 2
21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

It is so hazardous to take here a little and there a little. If you put the right little's together you can make the bible teach anything you wish. //Graham Maxwell
Re: Person of God and Spiritualism [Re: Green Cochoa] #118581
09/01/09 05:15 PM
09/01/09 05:15 PM
teresaq  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2024

Very Dedicated Member
CA, USA
Originally Posted By: Green Cochoa
Though he was a very thoughtful and Christian man, he never appeared interested in real Bible study. I have since sent him a Great Controversy, but have no idea if he is reading it or not. I haven't seen him in years.

These are the type of "traditional Christians" that seem too complacent with their present state of knowledge. He was a wonderful man. We got along very well. I respected his gentlemanliness. But perhaps I was not pushy enough to prick his interest in deeper Bible study.
"too complacent".

i cant say ive met many of those. most i know have bible studies quite regularly, but they are not interested in me coming into their life and taking over their learning. they want to learn for themselves and not be told what to think and believe. as long as i respect that we get along fine. but sometimes they have to "put me in my place". smile

Psa 64:5 ...an evil matter: they commune of laying snares privily; they say, Who shall see them?

Psa 7:14 Behold, he travaileth with iniquity, and hath conceived mischief, and brought forth falsehood. 15 He made a pit, and digged it, and is fallen into the ditch which he made. 16 His mischief (and his violent dealing) shall return upon his own head.

Psa 7:17 I will praise the LORD according to his righteousness: and will sing praise to the name of the LORD most high.
Re: Person of God and Spiritualism [Re: teresaq] #118589
09/01/09 07:10 PM
09/01/09 07:10 PM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden
Could we here be confusing "taking time for biblestudy" with "being obnoxious about other peoples biblestudy or lack thereoff"? The first you would not know about unless you knew the person well enough to be able to talk about anything. The second you would notice, but seldom in any other connection than with trying to push their foot out of between your door and the doorpost (alternatively having someone else trying to push your foot out of said door, depending on which side of the issue you happen to be on), or when being stopped while en route to something important while walking through town.

Teresas friends aswell as most other christians would be in the first category IMO.

Galatians 2
21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

It is so hazardous to take here a little and there a little. If you put the right little's together you can make the bible teach anything you wish. //Graham Maxwell
Re: Person of God and Spiritualism [Re: vastergotland] #118600
09/01/09 08:26 PM
09/01/09 08:26 PM
teresaq  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2024

Very Dedicated Member
CA, USA
Could we here be confusing "taking time for biblestudy" with "being obnoxious about other peoples biblestudy or lack thereoff"? The first you would not know about unless you knew the person well enough to be able to talk about anything. The second you would notice, but seldom in any other connection than with trying to push their foot out of between your door and the doorpost (alternatively having someone else trying to push your foot out of said door, depending on which side of the issue you happen to be on), or when being stopped while en route to something important while walking through town.

Teresas friends aswell as most other christians would be in the first category IMO.
im not real sure i understood the second part.

Psa 64:5 ...an evil matter: they commune of laying snares privily; they say, Who shall see them?

Psa 7:14 Behold, he travaileth with iniquity, and hath conceived mischief, and brought forth falsehood. 15 He made a pit, and digged it, and is fallen into the ditch which he made. 16 His mischief (and his violent dealing) shall return upon his own head.

Psa 7:17 I will praise the LORD according to his righteousness: and will sing praise to the name of the LORD most high.
Re: Person of God and Spiritualism [Re: teresaq] #118605
09/01/09 08:43 PM
09/01/09 08:43 PM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden
Originally Posted By: teresaq

I am making the assumption that your friends are not the kind of people that others consider moving to gated communities in order to not meet them. smile

Galatians 2

Re: Person of God and Spiritualism [Re: vastergotland] #118611
09/01/09 09:55 PM
09/01/09 09:55 PM
teresaq  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2024

Very Dedicated Member
CA, USA
Originally Posted By: teresaq

I am making the assumption that your friends are not the kind of people that others consider moving to gated communities in order to not meet them. smile
well, actually its from newly met people to long and deep friendships, from the "big, bad, biker" types to the most humble, gentle, (who is my best friend).

i understand bars can have some deep religious discussions. i know ive met a couple of people who were high on marijuana giving bible lessons to their company. that was interesting to watch.

still not sure what point you were making, and if i went off on a different tangent. smile

Re: Person of God and Spiritualism [Re: teresaq] #118632
09/02/09 03:53 AM
09/02/09 03:53 AM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden
The second point cannot be understood apart from the first, does not exists apart from the first, so in some way any trying to understanding it apart from the first is a different tangent.

Galatians 2

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/15/24 09:27 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!