HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,630
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 24
kland 13
Daryl 2
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
Daryl
Daryl
Nova Scotia, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (Karen Y, Daryl, dedication, 2 invisible), 2,986 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 105 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 104 105
Re: The Suffering of the Lost [Re: Tom] #119501
09/19/09 09:28 PM
09/19/09 09:28 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Quote:
T:I don't recall seeing your response, nor do I see it here. I'm asking what would God be like if He set people on fire to suffer excruciating pain for many hours or many days, etc. What would He be like?

GC:Tom, your preferred view does not dictate reality.

Of course it doesn't dictate reality. That would be silly to suggest. But does it represent reality? Not completely, I would agree. All of our views are going to be off to varying degrees. I think my view has the advantage of at least being in harmony with what we know of God's character. I think your view is presenting God's character to be diametrically opposed to what it actually is.

Quote:
GC:I may wish to wear rose-colored glasses, but the glasses will not remove the actual blemishes of a reality that I may not wish to see. Sin is an evil thing. Very evil. The universe has been "tortured" by it for six thousand years. Jesus was "tortured" on the cross, because of your sins and mine. The angels and God have been mocked, despised, ridiculed, rejected, spurned and blasphemed. For six thousand years. What's a few days' worth of vengeance in comparison to this? Very merciful justice. A few hours or days? God is merciful. That is "what He would be like."

This is an example of what I'm saying in regards to misrepresenting God's character. "What's a few days' worth of vengeance in comparison to this?" This, IMO, does not in the slightest represent the teachings of Christ, who taught that one should turn the other cheek and love one's enemy. This is misrepresenting the vengeance of God as being similar to that of an evil man. I'll explain.

If there is a kingdom in which there is injustice, and a person takes power over that kingdom, and decides to punish those who were unjust in the previous administration, what would you think of the one who took power if he were to set those who were previously in power on fire? Wouldn't the words "savage" and "cruel" (or worse) come to mind? Wouldn't someone who did this thinking of it as "justice" rightly be described as ignorant and hard-hearted?

But in the case of God, it's worse than this, because He has the power, and supposedly uses it, to prevent people from dying, so they can experience more pain. I really don't understand how anyone who loves God and believes Jesus Christ represented Him can entertain this idea.

And to call this "justice" is atrocious. Setting people on fire is not divine justice. The ignorant, hard-hearted man mentioned above could think this is justice, but not the Lord, who so loved the world that He gave His Son.

Quote:
T:GC, I don't see how your question fits into this topic. Do you see that David did something akin to setting someone on fire to be burned alive for hours?

GC:You can evade the Bible texts, by claiming they are not relevant,

T:I asked you how the text is relevant. How is it relevant?

GC:It presents the same principle of responsibility that we are discussing here.

But David didn't set anyone on fire, nor torture anyone in any manner whatsoever.

Quote:
Yes, Tom, you write plenty. Sometimes I don't bother to tell you that I have tried answering something before but you appeared to not wish to understand it, or perhaps even hear it. So I do not always respond. Also, sometimes I agree with your points, or do not disagree enough to bother responding. I may have less time than some, and so I choose which things to respond to. My apologies if this offends you.

What's "offends" is the following:

1.I make 10 points and ask 10 questions, and you respond to maybe half.
2.You make 10 points and ask 10 questions, and I respond to all but one.
3.I don't make any point at all in regards to your omissions.
4.You characterize my omission as "evading the Bible texts."

I hope you can see the injustice in this. I'm happy to converse with you in regards to the issues we are discussing, but please omit any personal comments.

Quote:
T:She never said God would set the wicked on fire, to burn for many days or many hours. You're reading this into the text. There are many besides myself who don't read the text the way you do.

GC:This is but evidence that you haven't been reading the quotes I've posted.

No, it's not. As I pointed out, many don't read the texts the way you do. In this very forum, at the moment, you are the only one I'm aware of that is fully committed to the view you are presenting. Arnold says he's "leaning" toward it. If I understand MM correctly, he used to hold it, but doesn't any more, instead thinking there will be fire around the wicked, but not that they will actually be set on fire for many hours or many days. I don't think Rosangela has ever held this view. Teresa doesn't hold this view. Kland doesn't hold it. I don't hold it. I think that's everyone discussing this thread.

I'm just giving this as an example, as this is a sample size which is right at hand. The point is that many people have read the same texts you are reading and do not come to the same conclusion you do. They are just as entitled to be right as you are.

Quote:
GC:Even a child would understand her meaning clearly, as long as he or she had not been predisposed to reject such as "cruel," "inhumane," and "impossible" based on a God-can-do-no-harm-and-will-not-use-force-even-to-put-a-stop-to-sin belief.

Even a child would understand that setting a person on fire is cruel. It's certainly not necessary to set someone on fire for many hours or many days, and exercise supernatural power for the sole purpose of enabling the person to experience excruciating pain in order to put a stop to sin.

Quote:
T:The question I have is how you can even conceive of the possibility that God would act in this way, given His character.

GC:Because He has revealed that He WILL do this.

No, this isn't the point, GC. There is something within you that allows you to view this interpretation as a possibility. This is why I gave the example of interpreting something in Scripture as God's lying. I'm assuming you would reject this interpretation on the face of it because you don't believe that it is in harmony with God's character to lie. But for some reason you think it is in harmony with God's character to set people on fire for hours or days of at a time in order to cause them excruciating pain. What I'm asking is why you think God is such a Being that it is possible for Him to act in this way.

Quote:
T:When Jesus Christ was asked if the Samaritans should be set on fire, He responded they the disciples did not know of what spirit they were.

GC:Indeed. Jesus' spirit and that of God in executing justice will not be the same spirit the disciples showed. Not at all.

But the interpretation you are giving manifests the behavior which was rejected by Christ, and by the SOP. Specifically, the SOP said

Quote:
There can be no more conclusive evidence that we possess the spirit of Satan than the disposition to hurt and destroy those who do not appreciate our work, or who act contrary to our ideas.(DA 487)

Now setting someone on fire, and keeping the alive so they can suffer excruciating pain, is manifesting a disposition to hurt and destroy those who do not appreciate one's work.

Quote:
GC:She spoke under inspiration, and I have no reason to reject her words as you do.

T:This is puerile. I can only respond in kind: "I have no reason to reject her words as you do."

Under inspiration both she and the Scriptures present a picture of God's character which is diametrically opposed to the picture you are portraying. She wrote that "cruelty is Satanic." Either you are rejecting her words, or see nothing cruel in setting someone on fire for many hours or many days at a time.

GC:You are misinterpreting. You misinterpret me, put the "portrayal" which I have presented here in a bad light--when really that is coming directly from inspiration.

No it's not. You're presenting the idea that God sets people on fire, and supernaturally keeps them on fire so they can suffer excruciating pain. You think this is "vengeance" and "justice." But this is not stated anywhere in inspiration. This is just an interpretation of a passage which you hold, an interpretation that many do not hold.

Quote:
Mrs. White is telling us more than you are accepting. Yes, cruelty is Satanic. God is not cruel. God is righteous, faithful, and just. And God is JEALOUS. Did you know that? "But jealousy is a sin???" "For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God." (Ex. 34:14) Is God a sinner? Should I refuse to accept this text of the Bible just because it goes so strongly against my preconceptions?

No, you should adjust your preconceptions to agree with the truth. The truth is that God is not cruel. The truth is that setting people on fire for many hours or many days, and supernaturally keeping them alive to suffer excruciating pain is unspeakably cruel.

Quote:
GC:No. I accept it. I accept that it does not mean the same to God as it means to us.

You shouldn't accept cruelty.

Quote:
GC:Therefore, I am obliged to believe that which may be beyond my current understanding.

T:What specifically is beyond your current understanding?

GC:The answers to the "Why?" questions. I don't have those. I don't know "Why?" God does all of this.

What specifically? Do you mean set people on fire for many hours or many days?

Quote:
GC:But I believe what I am told just the same. Do I have any reason to doubt His Word?

No, but you have reason to doubt your interpretations if they lead to the conclusions that God is acting cruelly.

Quote:
GC:You have not given me any reason, and even if you should, I would likely still choose to believe what God has said.

Reason to believe that God doesn't set people on fire for many hours or many days? I've given many reasons not to believe this. For one thing, it is cruel.

Quote:
GC:If He tells us that Satan will burn for many days, why should I doubt that?

What I'm arguing against is the idea that God will set people on fire for many days or many hours, using supernatural power keep them alive and enable them to suffer. There's certainly nothing in inspiration which says this. The reason to doubt your interpretation of things is because it's cruel.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: The Suffering of the Lost [Re: Tom] #119526
09/20/09 04:32 AM
09/20/09 04:32 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Originally Posted By: Tom
Originally Posted By: MountainMan
M:No one here is advocating this idea. Please stop acting as if it is true.

This isn't true. GC is advocating the idea. Arnold says he's leaning toward it. Neither have suggested I've misrepresented their thoughts. They've been defending this idea as true.

I will so suggest now. You are misrepresenting my thoughts. How many times must I say that God does not torture before you will cease saying that is what I am saying?

Let me put it to you another way...

If a parent spanks his child, is this "torture?" Pain, yes. Punishment, yes. Torture, no.

I was spanked as a child. I never, even then, thought of it as torture. Sometimes it was with a belt, or a wooden spoon on a bare bottom. It stung. It hurt. But I never thought of it as torture.

In Thailand, I witnessed the school disciplinarian whipping students who had not been obedient the day before. They may have missed class, not finished their homework, come to school late, or not wearing the proper uniform. Their uniforms consisted of shorts or short skirts (it's a very hot climate there), and the disciplinarian would apply a small willow-type whip to the bare portion of their legs. This was done in front of all the other students at flag raising. Did the whip sting? Certainly. Depending on the offense, it may have been applied one or several times. Did the sting of the whip hurt the most? I don't think so. I think they were most hurt by the embarrassment in front of their peers. Was it torture?

From your definition, it sounds like the only aspect of punishment that turns it into "torture" is "time." Does this mean that the first swat of the spanking would not be "torture" but the next four would be "torture" because it is continuing the punishment?

Of course, perhaps you feel parents should never spank, I don't know. Many do feel this way in modern society, and the children's behavior shows it. On the other hand, you may point out that disciplining a child is redemptive/corrective, whereas the final punishment for sin is not. This is true. But, the point to be clarified here is that "time" alone does not constitute "torture."

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: The Suffering of the Lost [Re: Tom] #119527
09/20/09 05:31 AM
09/20/09 05:31 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Tom,

GC 536 speaks of "eternal tortures." If the only difference between the view she presents there and what you believe happens is the element of time, then you believe in "non-eternal tortures." If you further assert that the true view is not "torture," then the view you are presenting cannot be the true view.

Three points here:

1) I have stated in my previous posts my position on this.
2) Ellen White never, that I am aware of, calls hell "torture". I politely request that you discontinue calling it thus until you prove to me otherwise.
3) Punishment does not equal torture, and yet punishments are not all equal. It stands to reason that some should receive greater punishment than others. To think otherwise is to make God out to be unfair.

Consider this: The saints will receive their rewards based on their works. Not all will have the same privileges in Heaven. Not all will have the same number of stars in their crowns. Yet not a one of us will feel God is unfair.

Would it be fair of God to have all of the wicked suffer the same punishment? Satan, who has caused the ruin of billions of beings, has sinned for thousands of years, and who inflicted such harsh treatment on Jesus Himself...should his punishment be equal to that of the poor man who did not know God, and who failed to overcome selfishness in some small thing?

If you feel it is unfair for some to be punished longer, your definition of fairness is incomprehensible to me.

Note: Punishment does not equal torture. Even the dictionary would agree with me. Please do not continue to misconstrue this point.

Originally Posted By: Ellen White
The Second Death
Satan rushes into the midst of his followers and tries to stir up the multitude to action. But fire from God out of heaven is rained upon them, and the great men, and mighty men, the noble, the poor and miserable, are all consumed together. I saw that some were quickly destroyed, while others suffered longer. They were punished according to the deeds done in the body. Some were many days consuming, and just as long as there was a portion of them unconsumed, all the sense of suffering remained. Said the angel, "The worm of life shall not die; their fire shall not be quenched as long as there is the least particle for it to prey upon." {EW 294.1}
Satan and his angels suffered long. Satan bore not only the weight and punishment of his own sins, but also of the sins of the redeemed host, which had been placed upon him; and he must also suffer for the ruin of souls which he had caused. Then I saw that Satan and all the wicked host were consumed, and the justice of God was satisfied; and all the angelic host, and all the redeemed saints, with a loud voice said, "Amen!" {EW 294.2}

Ellen White tells us some suffer longer than others. She does not say some are tortured longer. Nor does she qualify fully what type of suffering it is. It may be emotional. It may be physical. It is almost certainly a combination of the two, because we are given the terms "consuming," "fire," "burnings," "weeping," "wailing," and "gnashing of teeth" as well (not all in the same quote).

When an angel is quoted in this statement, and the angel says of those in hell, "The worm of life shall not die; their fire shall not be quenched as long as there is the least particle for it to prey upon," do you believe this? Or do you feel this is heresy which amounts to "torture?" When Mrs. White prefaced the angel's words with "Some were many days consuming, and just as long as there was a portion of them unconsumed, all the sense of suffering remained," can you merely deny this? Or will you, as I do, recognize that this is inspired revelation of future events?

More importantly, would you wish me to deny what inspiration teaches?

Certainly, we must have a balance. Jude says, "Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life. And of some have compassion, making a difference: And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh" (21-23).

Two points from the above:

1) We should be looking for the mercy of Jesus Christ in these things.
2) Some people will be brought to salvation through their fear of hell, just as some are brought to God by compassion. Each person will be motivated in the beginning a little differently. These things are written for our admonition. If this is not your medicine, there is still no need to deny it of others.

In the end, all will serve God from love, or not serve Him at all. But love without rules is not love. Rules without consequences are not rules. Consequences without fairness would undermine the very rules they are supposed to support.

God, in fairness, will bring a reward "to give every man according as his work shall be" (Rev. 22:12). "For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil" (Eccl. 12:14).

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: The Suffering of the Lost [Re: Green Cochoa] #119543
09/20/09 04:21 PM
09/20/09 04:21 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Originally Posted By: Green Cocha
MM:No one here is advocating this idea. Please stop acting as if it is true.

T:This isn't true. GC is advocating the idea. Arnold says he's leaning toward it. Neither have suggested I've misrepresented their thoughts. They've been defending this idea as true.

GC:I will so suggest now. You are misrepresenting my thoughts. How many times must I say that God does not torture before you will cease saying that is what I am saying?

GC, this is not a fair reproduction of what was said. You left out what I actually said. By leaving out what MM was commenting on, and then making your own comment on something else I said, which MM did not quote, you are giving the false impression that MM quoted something I did not say, which is not fair.

This is what I said, which MM quoted:

Quote:
The real issue here hasn't been dealt with, and that's one regarding God's character. What would God be like if He set people on fire, using supernatural power to keep them alive, so that the fire that engulfs them doesn't consume them, or kill them, or even damage their nerve endings, for the purpose of torturing them for many hours or many days?

*This* is the idea (not that God "tortures") that I have asserted you are advocating. I've asserted this a number of times, and asked you repeatedly to correct it if it not accurate, and have commented that I hope it is not accurate, as I think it's a dreadful idea, but up to now you have made no comment. Do you now wish to do so? I hope you do. If this is misrepresenting your idea, please let me know in what way it is doing so, and I will glad stop characterizing it this way.

Regarding "torture," surely you can see the difference between spanking a child and setting it on fire.

Regarding the time element, what I've said is that Ellen White, in describing the false view of those who believe the soul is immortal, termed it "unceasing tortures." I've made the comment that if the only difference in your view and theirs is the time element, then you are believing in "tortures which cease." So I've asked you what is the difference in your view, and the false view, other than the time element.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: The Suffering of the Lost [Re: Tom] #119544
09/20/09 04:46 PM
09/20/09 04:46 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Originally Posted By: Green Cochoa
T:GC 536 speaks of "eternal tortures." If the only difference between the view she presents there and what you believe happens is the element of time, then you believe in "non-eternal tortures." If you further assert that the true view is not "torture," then the view you are presenting cannot be the true view.

GC:Three points here:

1) I have stated in my previous posts my position on this.
2) Ellen White never, that I am aware of, calls hell "torture". I politely request that you discontinue calling it thus until you prove to me otherwise.
3) Punishment does not equal torture, and yet punishments are not all equal. It stands to reason that some should receive greater punishment than others. To think otherwise is to make God out to be unfair.

Consider this: The saints will receive their rewards based on their works. Not all will have the same privileges in Heaven. Not all will have the same number of stars in their crowns. Yet not a one of us will feel God is unfair.

Would it be fair of God to have all of the wicked suffer the same punishment? Satan, who has caused the ruin of billions of beings, has sinned for thousands of years, and who inflicted such harsh treatment on Jesus Himself...should his punishment be equal to that of the poor man who did not know God, and who failed to overcome selfishness in some small thing?

If you feel it is unfair for some to be punished longer, your definition of fairness is incomprehensible to me.

Note: Punishment does not equal torture. Even the dictionary would agree with me. Please do not continue to misconstrue this point.

GC, I don't see that you responded to my point here, and I can't recall you're having done so elsewhere. My point is that she describes the false view as "unceasing tortures." If the only difference between your view, and the false view she describes is the time element, then your view could be characterized as "tortures which cease." So I'm asking you how your view differs from the false view, in some way other than the time element.

Regarding the punishment of the wicked, I have made no suggestion that the punishments will be equal, so I don't know why you are discussing this.

Re: The Suffering of the Lost [Re: Tom] #119556
09/20/09 08:59 PM
09/20/09 08:59 PM
Rosangela  Offline
5500+ Member
Brazil
I haven't been following this discussion but, as I see it, there is little doubt that hell will be a place of torture, the main one being the mental torture. Many who believe in "unceasing tortures," including some Catholic exponents, don't even believe in a hell of fire.

Re: The Suffering of the Lost [Re: Tom] #119572
09/21/09 02:55 PM
09/21/09 02:55 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
M: In the beginning the smallest sin would have caused A&E to suffer intense emotional agony ending in instant death. And yet you believe the wicked will somehow be able to suffer the combined emotional agony of millions of sins for many, many days without dying immediately. How is this physically possible?

T: As their lives are reviewed, their sins are revealed. They are made aware of the times when Jesus was calling them, but they didn't heed His voice, and so forth.

M: They are resurrected in their previous state of decay and disease. Their physical ability to endure emotional hardship is greatly diminished, if not nonexistent. Nevertheless, you believe they are capable of enduring unimaginable agony for many, many days without dying instantly. Do you think God works to keep them alive supernaturally so that they can suffer? If so, what does this say about God's character?

T: I don't think God does anything supernatural to enable the wicked to suffer. What they suffer is due to their own choice, not something God imposes upon them, nor does God act supernaturally to augment their capacity to suffer.

You didn't address my point. Since one tiny sin is enough to cause people to die instantly of emotional anguish, why do you think resurrected sinners are able to endure millions of major sins in their dilapidated state without dying instantly after encountering the first sin? Obviously their ability to suffer so will be unnatural. Not even Jesus was able to suffer so without supernatural aid. And He managed to suffer for every sin ever committed in just 6 hours. Why do you think it will take some sinners several days to suffer for their sins?

Re: The Suffering of the Lost [Re: Mountain Man] #119574
09/21/09 03:12 PM
09/21/09 03:12 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
GC, has Tom misunderstood what you're saying? Are you saying God will engulf the wicked in fire and then keep them alive supernaturally so they can be punished in proportion and in duration to their sinfulness? Never mind, for the moment, that Tom said "for the purpose of torturing them for many hours or many days".

Re: The Suffering of the Lost [Re: Mountain Man] #119575
09/21/09 03:17 PM
09/21/09 03:17 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
PS - For the record, I haven't ruled out the idea that God will engulf the wicked with fire from above and from below and then keep them alive supernaturally so that they can be punished according to their sinfulness. Neither the Bible nor the SOP says so one way or the other. Both simply say literal fire will be present.

Re: The Suffering of the Lost [Re: Mountain Man] #119576
09/21/09 03:20 PM
09/21/09 03:20 PM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Tom,

If you would look carefully at what you were saying, you'll not misunderstand what I am saying in response.

The real issue here hasn't been dealt with, and that's one regarding God's character. What would God be like if He set people on fire, using supernatural power to keep them alive, so that the fire that engulfs them doesn't consume them, or kill them, or even damage their nerve endings, for the purpose of torturing them for many hours or many days?
*This* is the idea (not that God "tortures") that I have asserted you are advocating. I've asserted this a number of times, and asked you repeatedly to correct it if it not accurate, and have commented that I hope it is not accurate, as I think it's a dreadful idea, but up to now you have made no comment. Do you now wish to do so? I hope you do. If this is misrepresenting your idea, please let me know in what way it is doing so, and I will glad stop characterizing it this way.

It appears to me that you are saying what you say you are not saying. wink

Regarding "torture," surely you can see the difference between spanking a child and setting it on fire.

Until you cease using the term "torture" in such a pejorative manner, I don't see a need to respond.

Suffice it to say-- if you see hell as casting God as a tyrant, you have an incorrect view of both.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

Page 8 of 105 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 104 105

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:39 AM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!