HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,614
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 18
kland 9
Daryl 4
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
Daryl
Daryl
Nova Scotia, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, Kevin H, Daryl, 1 invisible), 3,009 guests, and 22 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 5
Page 7 of 17 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 16 17
Re: SWINE FLU [Re: Green Cochoa] #119806
09/27/09 12:03 AM
09/27/09 12:03 AM
Rosangela  Offline
5500+ Member
Brazil
Quote:
Thai people are impatient. They pick most everything green. I question whether or not they would know the best time to pick a coconut.

My husband said that if the coconut is picked too green, the water will not be sweet enough. There is really a right time to pick a coconut.

Re: SWINE FLU [Re: Rosangela] #119833
09/27/09 04:46 PM
09/27/09 04:46 PM
C
crater  Offline
Veteran Member
United States
Originally Posted By: Rosangela
Quote:
I tried the real thing, purchased a young coconut and opened it up and use the juice in a smoothie.

Hi crater. What do you mean by smoothie? That you've mixed it with something?

Quote:
Scrapped out the meat for something else.

If the coconut is very young and the meat is still like a gel, I just eat it after I drink the water. I find it delicious!

A smoothie is made in a blender or a food processor. What I typically make is a blueberry smoothie, (bananas, blueberries, and orange juice) The bananas give it some creaminess, the blueberries are frozen, the juice helps to thin it out in the blending and gives flavor and sweetness. A natural sweetener can be added if so inclined. This is what I make and I just through things in and blend. Another one that I make and is more of a protein drink; is soy milk, carob powder, nut butter and frozen banana.

I have to confess that I don't make them all that often. My husband complains that I don't make blueberry smoothies often enough! grin A smoothie is nice food when you have a sore throat or had dental work.

Smoothies have gone pretty mainstream on the West Coast. We have drive up coffee stands and they have smoothies. The ones that they make usually don't have bananas' in them and are more icy then what I make. They may have sugar or HFC too. I suppose it means different things to different people, but like the name implies, its a smooth blended fruit drink and it depends who is making it what it will have in it. grin

I think I use the meat for a "ice cream". People make some kind of "raw / living noodle from the meat.

Last edited by crater; 09/27/09 05:58 PM.
Re: SWINE FLU [Re: Rosangela] #119865
09/28/09 02:29 PM
09/28/09 02:29 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: Rosangela
The Wiki article says that coconuts from various parts of the world differ in taste due to the soil composition.
Interesting.

It's true it did say that. It also said, "Coconuts from various parts of the world also differ in taste", which doesn't necessarily negate the other, but it could.

Is the Wiki statement reasonable? For it to be true, there would need to be an underlying assumption that all coconuts grown on the same soil tastes the same, or that if there were variety differences, different places grow the same variety.

I have heard people say fruits grown in different soils taste different. I have also heard people say fruits grown on poor soil don't have as much nutrients as those grown on good soil. I also have heard it said that those trees growing on poor soil will produce fruit with just as much nutrients as those grown on good soil, just that there may be very few fruits or no fruits. But, then I have heard that toxic plants grown on soils with high arsenic levels contain more than those grown on soils with lower arsenic levels.

However, it would be my educated guess that the growing environments (and the culture and breeding programs) of India, Brazil, and Bangladesh are different enough that each country has it's own varieties of coconuts that taste much different. Just ask someone to compare Florida oranges to California oranges.

Re: SWINE FLU [Re: kland] #119885
09/28/09 10:04 PM
09/28/09 10:04 PM
G
gordonb1  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2014

Veteran Member
Quebec

Knock, knock.

Who's there?

Swine.

Swine who?

Swine Flu or Swine Smoothie - We're not sure?? dunno
_________

Re: SWINE FLU [Re: gordonb1] #119903
09/29/09 07:52 AM
09/29/09 07:52 AM
C
crater  Offline
Veteran Member
United States
Lets see if we can segue back to the subject? grin

I was going through town today and stopped and had a Zola Smoothie! They are high in antioxidants, and completely organic. Zola contains: Açai, Acerola, Caja, Cupuaçu & Graviola from Brazil. (It might be fun to have a forum page on foods from various counties?)

We were heading to the mountains to pick Elderberries to make syrup and tincture for treating flu symptoms.
Quote:
Elderberry supposedly blocks hemagluttination-meaning it blocks the binding of the flu viron because it binds to the hemagluttin which keeps it from being able to pierce a host cell and replicating. Elderberry doesn’t keep you from getting the flu, but it does decrease the replication of the virus, thus allowing your own immune system time to fight back. There is a concern of cytokine storm with avian flu and possibly this new swine flu. Elderberry can stimulate cytokine production. It’s a catch-22. However, the thought is if you get the elderberry on board fast enough and take anti-inflammatory antioxidants (such as high dose Vitamin C and turmeric), you can stave off the replication of virus before you have to worry about the pnemonia/respiratory failure and cytokine storm in the lungs. http://www.kristiemcnealy.com/elderberry-extract-sambucol-fights-flu/

I am stocked up on turmeric, active ingredient being curcumin.

Ginger root is said to suppress the production of inflammatory cytokines.

Re: SWINE FLU [Re: crater] #119905
09/29/09 11:16 AM
09/29/09 11:16 AM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Hi Crater,

Tx for sharing about Elderberries and Tumeric. Isn't it wonderful that God has put loads of anti-oxidant in many many many simple foods like carrots, squash, berries,etc.... If we just eat lots of Veges and fruit, we are already loaded with anti-oxidants without even knowing it.

Crater, I know you know what I'm going to say below. I just want to remind us all, including myself, by putting the emphasis and our faith in the simplicity of our health message. Let's be careful that when we seek out the "potent foods", to always balance it with where our body really pulls it's strenght.

Our best safeguard against Swine Viruses and any other bugs, or any chemicals that we are bombarded daily, and evenmore, the load of stresses that we have today daily, plus the immeasurable stressors that will come by living through the end time persecution; is nothing but what we already know : NEWSTART

It is accessbible to all, most is free, it is simple, it is part of God's design for all. And the last "T"(Trust) in NEWSTART is the most powerful anti-oxidant of all. Just being under stress, your body produces loads of free-radicals.

NEWSTART (or Trusting in God and enjoying life and the foods as he created them) should be our focuss and our rest of mind. That's what we need to remember, to emphasy, and promote to others. By elevating certain foods, we confuse the matter and make people feel that if they don't have certain potent foods or that, then they are at risk.

It's ok to know about some plants and potent foods, as it can benefit us to care for the sick, however, we need to be very careful not to elevate them above NEWSTART. We need to be mindfull of humans strong inclination to worship idols. We want to point our sick to God's wisdom, His provision, and His love.

Blessings
Re: SWINE FLU [Re: Elle] #119961
09/30/09 05:26 AM
09/30/09 05:26 AM
G
gordonb1  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2014

Veteran Member
Quebec

Agreed Elle. We need to set our houses in order. Then minds will be clear to hear God's voice. Single source 'boosters-as-medicine' - echinacea, garlic, cayenne, turmeric, goji, acai - could be lifesaving for sick patients, along with charcoal, enemas, h&c treatments. But they are not the best way nor the simplest. Adhering to NEWSTART principles is the plan we have been given. Minimal intervention should be necessary for those following the light.

Note that those with weakened immune systems seem most susceptible to H1N1 Flu - such as the overcrowded native peoples on Canadian reservations... if the gov't. reports are accurate and truthful.

Super potent foods and vitamins are available to the rich - Like us with computers and cars. But if they were necessary for health, it would be an injustice to the millions who can never buy them.

If we voluntarily accept innoculation by unclean and infectious agents, we put ourselves at risk.
_______

Re: SWINE FLU [Re: gordonb1] #119965
09/30/09 06:39 AM
09/30/09 06:39 AM
G
gordonb1  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2014

Veteran Member
Quebec

Last week Global Research.ca hosted a lecture in Montreal addressing the swine flu "pandemic". Featured was a well spoken M.D. from the U. de Montréal who cited numerous WHO reports, illustrating that risks were low, and threats greatly overblown. (Total deaths worldwide, about 4000; low compared with seasonal flu and other common illnesses - Note: Canada has ordered 50 million H1N1 vaccine doses. Population: 33 million). The talk will soon be online, but alas, French only. Question period was vigorous, but one visitor stole the floor.

He reported a recent press conference by Verichip Corp., (the Florida RFID company) which is developing an implantable chip to detect H1N1 and other pathogens, a "Triage Detection System" to indicate one's condition wirelessly. Also online: an implantable glucose sensor for diabetics.

Endless possibilities.

Verichip: http://www.verichipcorp.com/
________

Re: SWINE FLU [Re: Elle] #119966
09/30/09 08:48 AM
09/30/09 08:48 AM
C
crater  Offline
Veteran Member
United States
Elle & Gordon, by sharing about special herbs and fruits in this forum, no one is attempting to elevate anything above anything else. There is no worship of the things involved. The 8 / 10 laws of health are pretty much a given.

As Jim Brackett said on Weimar tv. All fruits and vegetables have antioxidants. Some are higher then others.

Some fruits, vegetables, and herbs have more of a particular substance that help in healing a certain part of the body, e.g.. hawthorne berries for the heart.

One thing about some of the wild fruits and herbs is that they haven't been altered by man. So much of our food supply is being genetically altered, radiated, and who knows what else. Many of us have inherited weaknesses, perhaps do to our own and or our parents, and or our grandparents life style.

I believe that Suzanne shared early on in this forum http://www.maritime-sda-online.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=119905&page=3 #119446
Quote:
1918 Influenza: A Treatment That Worked

At least 20 million people died in the 1918 influenza epidemic and Eleanora McBean, Ph.D., N.D. tells us something pretty interesting about it. Drug-oriented medical doctors and hospitals, she tells us, "were losing 33% of their flu cases," while "non-medical hospitals such Battle Creek, Kellogg and MacFadden's Health Restorium were getting almost 100% healings."

I believe that much of their success was in following the 8 / 10 laws of health, but as I believe västergötland pointed out they tend to be labor intensive. Who has the time? No one wants to take the time? Here are a few thing to think about. There are not to many people trained in these skills, are you? Do you know how to preform water treatments? Perhaps you have learned these skills, but what if you are ill, who will help to preform them for you? I have these skills, but who would preform them if I needed assistance?

There are a number of practitioners of natural healing that advocate the 8 / 10 laws of health or if you want to trademark it as NEWSTART.

Dr. Rob McClintock is who I first heard of the use of Sambucus Niger Extract (Elderberry) as a tool in fighting viral attacks. He has a Healing Leaves Ministry that is supported by a line of health products that are vegan and have scientific principles for their use. One product in particular would be helpful for viral attacks to the immune system. Immuno-plex AV The product contains
Quote:
Beta 1,3-D glucan, Manapol Powder, Arabinogalactin, Astragalus, Lactobacillus, Sporogense, Sambucus Niger 30% Extract (Elderberry), Red Wine Extract, Resveratrol, Fibersol 2TM
Quote:
Immuno-plex AV has all the same ingredients as original Immuno-plex with the addition of a 30% Anthocyanin extract from the Sambucous Niger plant. This extract has published scientific evidence of being a very effective anti-viral agent. With all the emerging new viral diseases, thank God for this great tool! Each viral particle has spikes on its surface which are coated with an enzyme called neuroaminidase. These spikes are used to rip holes in your cell walls to harvest your RNA to use during viral replication. Anthocyanin extract neutralizes the neuroamnidase and effectively halts viral replication. Immuno-plex AV also contains grape based polyphenols and ResveratrolTM which work synergistically with anthocyanins to increase effect!

It was Agatha Thrash M.D. on 3abn that I heard to the use of Turmeric as a gargle for sore throat.

Uchee Pines Institute has Counseling Sheet; here are some herbs recommended on it. The Immune System - How to Strengthen it.
Quote:
4. Teas (Antimicrobial)- (These teas should be taken continuously by those having a serious chronic disease.)
(a) Echinacea and Chaparral. Echinacea strengthens the immune system and Chaparral is an antibiotic. Put one heaping tablespoon of Echinacea in one quart of boiling water and boil gently for 30 minutes. Turn the flame off and add 2 tablespoons of Chaparral. Let this mixture steep for 15 minutes. Drink one cup first thing in the morning and finish the remainder of the quart throughout the day. This is one day’s dose. You must make the teas fresh daily; they lose their potency after 24 hours.
(b) Pau d’ Arco, Blue Violet and Red Clover. These herbs strengthen the immune system and cleanse the blood. Add 3 tablespoons of Pau d’ Arco to one quart of boiling water and boil gently for 15 minutes. Turn flame off, add 2 tablespoons of Blue Violet and 2 tablespoons of Red Clover to the Pau d’ Arco and let the mixture steep for 15 minutes.
(c) Do not use sweeteners in your teas. Though they are medicinal and may not appeal to your taste, the herbs were given to us by our Creator for healing. Drink them faithfully!
(d) Golden Seal and Aloe Vera may be used.
(e) Consider the herb teas as part of your 8-10 cups of daily water intake.
(f) The herb teas should be continued after the fever treatments stop. 7. Use of garlic: 4 capsules, 8 tablets or one to two fresh cloves taken 3 times daily at mealtimes.

8. Give a 3-week course of zinc supplementation, 15 mg. per day.

Dr. Neil Nedley has suggested Resveratrol can be taken when first exposed to flu or cold and will help prevent or decrease the amount of time ill.

You see some of the natural practitioners do advocate the 8 / 10 laws of health, as well as the use of herbs, fruits, supplements etc.

We need to be educated to help our community, friends, loved ones, as well as ourselves. If you would like education on medical ministry check into having Rob McClintock come to your church and do a 60 - 120 hour class. Or just purchase his dvd, just check out his website as given above.

Lets continue to share our knowlege, who knows who it might help?

Keep well. smile

Re: SWINE FLU [Re: crater] #119969
09/30/09 12:08 PM
09/30/09 12:08 PM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: crater
Elle & Gordon, by sharing about special herbs and fruits in this forum, no one is attempting to elevate anything above anything else. There is no worship of the things involved. The 8 / 10 laws of health are pretty much a given.
Crater, I'm sad to read your respond. I was simply trying to bring into mind to the reader where the emphasis needs to be. NEWSTART or 8/10 natural laws is a given for you, but might not be for many that comes in the forum and read these threads.

We have an obligation to present truth in the best light possible and keep in mind those who don't know the "given" that certain of us are blessed with. Sadly, but true, most of these threads largely focusses on the magic food which is similar to modern medicine philosophy. This reflect our "natural" tendencies to worship idols. We need to be mindful of that.

The fact that you couldn't understand or acknowledge the need and the spirit that we tried to contribute in this discussion, brings me concern.
Originally Posted By: crater
I believe that much of their success was in following the 8 / 10 laws of health, but as I believe västergötland pointed out they tend to be labor intensive. Who has the time? No one wants to take the time?

Doing NEWSTART doesn't need to be "labor intensive", it's a walk engaged with the Lord that will get easier if we enter into it. Anyway, that alone would deserve a thread by itself because it's a serious matter.

Blessings
Page 7 of 17 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 16 17

Moderator  Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/30/24 10:34 PM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!