HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,601
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 15
kland 9
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, ProdigalOne, Kevin H, Daryl, 1 invisible), 2,952 guests, and 19 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12
Re: What is the inevitable of result of sin? [Re: Mountain Man] #120712
10/19/09 10:22 PM
10/19/09 10:22 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Quote:
T:What Ty wrote touches on this.

M:Except where Ty backs up his ideas with inspired passages from the Bible or the SOP I am not impressed to believe him.

That's too bad. I think Ty does an excellent job explaining the fundamental principles of sin/pardon/the judgment, etc. Ty doesn't use the SOP in the book I referenced, as its audience includes non-SDA's, but his book has a lot of Scripture. He uses it similar to Ellen White, in the context of developing well reasoned arguments based on principles.

Quote:
M:According to Ellen, Jesus bears our guilt and burdens when we give them to Him. Otherwise, we must bear them on our own. Which means the wicked bear them now without being crushed to death.

No, this isn't right. We owe all to Christ.

Waggoner explained this, in addition to Ellen White:

Quote:
"I am crucified with Christ; nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me." Christ was crucified; He was "delivered for our offenses, and raised again for our justification." Rom.4:25. But unless we are crucified with Him, His death and resurrection profit us nothing. If the cross of Christ is separated from us, and outside of us, even though it be but by so much as a moment of time and an hair's breadth of space, it is to us all the same as if He were not crucified. No one was ever saved simply by looking forward to a cross to be erected and a Christ to be crucified at some indefinite time in the future, and no one can now be saved simply by believing that at a certain time in the past Christ was crucified. No; if men would see Christ crucified, they must look neither forward nor backward, but upward; for the arms of the cross that was erected on Calvary reach from Paradise lost to Paradise restored, and embrace the whole world of sin. The crucifixion of Christ is not a thing of but a single day. He is "the Lamb that hath been slain from the foundation of the world" (Rev.13:8, R.V.); and the pangs of Calvary will not be ended as long as a single sin or sinner exists in the universe. Even now Christ bears the sins of the whole world, for "in Him all things consist;" and when at the last He is obliged to cut off the irreclaimably wicked in the lake of fire, the anguish which they suffer will be only that which the Christ whom they have rejected suffered on the cross. (The Glad Tidings)

From the SOP:

Quote:
We should not try to lessen our guilt by excusing sin. We must accept God's estimate of sin, and that is heavy indeed. Calvary alone can reveal the terrible enormity of sin. If we had to bear our own guilt, it would crush us. But the sinless One has taken our place; though undeserving, He has borne our iniquity.(MB 116)

Our position as SDA's has never been that Christ has only borne the iniquity of believers.

The DA quote supports her idea in MB 116:

Quote:
He has borne the burden of our guilt. He will take the load from our weary shoulders. He will give us rest. The burden of care and sorrow also He will bear. He invites us to cast all our care upon Him; for He carries us upon His heart.[/uqote]

She says that Christ has borne the burden of our guilt. This is everyone's guilt. She says, "he burden of care and sorrow also He will bear."

[quote]T: During this lifetime, people can "shut off" the voice of God. People keep busy, and choose not to think about unpleasant things. When the Holy Spirit comes, He is sent away. The Holy Spirit is a gentleman, not forcing His way. Eventually the heart can become so hardened, a person cannot respond to be saved.

M:True. But it also proves they can sin with impunity,

This is an awful thought. Nobody can sin with impunity.

Quote:
that sinning does not cause them to suffer shame or guilt. Yes, some sins result in sorrow. However, most people sin with no ill effect.

This is totally wrong. I don't know how you could think such a thing. No one can sin with no ill effect. How could you even think this is possible?

What is the principle upon which sin is based? It's selfishness. How can one act selfishly without any ill effect?

Quote:
As long as sin exists, suffering and death are inevitable.(YI The Youth's Instructor , June 13, 1901)

Quote:
Thus He taught that disease is the result of violating God's laws, both natural and spiritual. The great misery in the world would not exist, did men but live in harmony with the Creator's plan. (CDF 120;DA 824)

Quote:
Selfishness prevents us from beholding God. The self-seeking spirit judges of God as altogether such a one as itself. Until we have renounced this, we cannot understand Him who is love. Only the unselfish heart, the humble and trustful spirit, shall see God as "merciful and gracious, long-suffering, and abundant in goodness and truth." Exodus 34:6.(DA 302)

This really shouldn't be something one should need to prove with quotes. By our own life's experience, we know that sin and selfishness have ill effects -- always! I don't know how you could assert such a thing that one can sin with no effect.

Quote:
True, they are missing out on the joy of being like Jesus, but in this case ignorance is, as it were, bliss.

Not sure of your point here. Sinning with no ill effect is bliss?

Quote:
T: In the judgment, the truth will be revealed to all. The significance of each sin will be made known. GC speaks about this. The cleansing of the temple gives a foreshadowing of this, where the guilty could not bear the gaze of Christ, making known their sin, as they fled in fear.

M:Quotes please.

What you called the panoramic view, or something like that. Last chapter of "The Great Controversy." Also the DA chapter on the cleansing of the chapter, the first time.

Quote:
T: Ty brought out how the beauty of God's character makes known the ugliness of our own. Our own ugliness is something we cannot bear, apart from the Balm of Gilead. In this life, we can hide our sin, but in the judgment, everything will be revealed.

M:Please post inspired quotes to back up Ty's point.

What point is it that you are in doubt regarding?

Quote:
Also, is the Balm of Gilead preventing the evil angels from suffering and dying? If not, who or what is? What will change that all of sudden they will be able to suffer the pain and agony you describe?

I don't understand your thinking here. DA 764 brings out that if God permitted Satan and his followers to reap the full result of their sin, they would perished, but it would not have been apparent that this was the inevitable result of sin. Obviously, from this, we can conclude two things:

1.God is preventing Satan and his followers from perishing by not having them reap the full results of sin.
2.Reaping the full results of sin is not something God does to the wicked, but is a result of their own choice (which point DA 764 also makes explicitly, several times).

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: What is the inevitable of result of sin? [Re: Tom] #120719
10/20/09 01:50 PM
10/20/09 01:50 PM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Tom,

How well do you know Ty and how long have you known him? Just curious.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: What is the inevitable of result of sin? [Re: Green Cochoa] #120720
10/20/09 02:11 PM
10/20/09 02:11 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
I don't know Ty personally well at all. I've met him once or twice, and had some passing words, and that's it. I've known of him since about 1992 I think.

His books have made a big impression upon me, especially "See With New Eyes" and "Shades of Grace." There are a couple of things I see differently than he does, but his overall concept of what the Plan of Salvation is about resonates with me.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: What is the inevitable of result of sin? [Re: Tom] #120723
10/20/09 03:05 PM
10/20/09 03:05 PM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Ty has come a long way. My first impressions of him were somewhat mixed. His theology seems to have become more in tune with the Bible as the years have gone by. He has always been filled with genuine zeal in the Lord's work. This is good. In the beginning of his ministry, the zeal was sometimes misplaced. He began as an independent ministry in tune with Hope International, and some other tithe-accepting, Adventist-church-is-apostatizing type of peripheral Adventists. He later drew the ire of some of the other self-supporting ministries by making a clean break away from that, and choosing not to accept tithe anymore, recognizing the validity of the church organization.

I attended some of the Hope International camp meetings in north-eastern Washington in the late 80's - early 90's. Ty and James were still quite young, fresh converts to Adventism from a very worldly life (as you may hear them tell from time to time). The camp meetings were held on the same grounds where they were just beginning to make a publishing shop for printing pamphlets to send abroad. The camp meetings were held in the out-of-doors, as there was not room indoors for the group of people gathered. It was not large...maybe 60-120 people? Memory fades after 20 years, but it was a small group, and all seemed to be eager to study the Bible. It was probably as near to an "old-fashioned" camp meeting as one might get, and the seating was about the same as Ellen White's day. But the messages preached had an air of sensationalism at that time, sometimes implying a difference to the teachings of the church.

James and Ty have settled down much since then. I'm not sure, but I think they may have still been single back then. Anyhow, I do appreciate all of what Ty and James have tried to do in their work for the Lord. Nevertheless, I do not hold their interpretations of scripture to be infallible. It is our duty to study for ourselves, and to know the truth for ourselves. For this, we have been given the Bible and Ellen White, by God. All others must be compared with these inspired sources.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: What is the inevitable of result of sin? [Re: Mountain Man] #120725
10/20/09 04:45 PM
10/20/09 04:45 PM
Mountain Man  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Originally Posted By: Tom
T: What Ty wrote touches on this.

M: Except where Ty backs up his ideas with inspired passages from the Bible or the SOP I am not impressed to believe him.

T: That's too bad. I think Ty does an excellent job explaining the fundamental principles of sin/pardon/the judgment, etc. Ty doesn't use the SOP in the book I referenced, as its audience includes non-SDA's, but his book has a lot of Scripture. He uses it similar to Ellen White, in the context of developing well reasoned arguments based on principles.

Where Ty disagrees with the SOP is where I disagree with Ty. I agree with you, though, that he does an excellent job of explaining his beliefs. However, his ideas come short of saying what actually causes resurrected sinners to die. I’ve asked him to complete his thought, but it’s been about 6 months now with no follow up. Maybe I’ll hear back from him this winter?

Quote:
M: According to Ellen, Jesus bears our guilt and burdens when we give them to Him. Otherwise, we must bear them on our own. Which means the wicked bear them now without being crushed to death.

T: No, this isn't right. We owe all to Christ. . . She says that Christ has borne the burden of our guilt. This is everyone's guilt. She says, "he burden of care and sorrow also He will bear."

Here’s what Ellen wrote about it (I’ve inserted numbers):

Whether they know it or not, 1) all are weary and heavy-laden. 2) All are weighed down with burdens that only Christ can remove. 3) The heaviest burden that we bear is the burden of sin. If we were left to bear this burden, it would crush us. But the Sinless One has taken our place. "The Lord hath laid on Him the iniquity of us all." Isa. 53:6. He has borne the burden of our guilt. 4) He will take the load from our weary shoulders. 5) He will give us rest. 6) The burden of care and sorrow also He will bear. 7) He invites us to cast all our care upon Him; for He carries us upon His heart. {DA 328.5}

Here are the numbered sentences with my comments. Do you agree with them?

1. “All are weary and heavy-laden.” Not some, but all.
2. “All are weighed down with burdens that only Christ can remove.” We must give Jesus permission to remove them.
3. “The heaviest burden that we bear is the burden of sin.” All bear the burden of sin.
4. “He will take the load from our weary shoulders.” He will (future tense) not has (past tense) bear our burden of sin when we give Him permission.
5. “He will give us rest.” He will (future tense) not has (past tense) give us rest when we ask.
6. “The burden of care and sorrow also He will bear.” He will (future tense) not has (past tense) bear our burdens when we give Him permission.
7. “He invites us to cast all our care upon Him; for He carries us upon His heart.” He will bear our burdens when we invite Him.

Quote:
T: During this lifetime, people can "shut off" the voice of God. People keep busy, and choose not to think about unpleasant things. When the Holy Spirit comes, He is sent away. The Holy Spirit is a gentleman, not forcing His way. Eventually the heart can become so hardened, a person cannot respond to be saved.

M: True. But it also proves they can sin with impunity . . .

T: This is an awful thought. Nobody can sin with impunity.

People do it all the time. Remember, the inevitable result of sin is suffering during judgment eventually ending in death. “They suffer punishment varying in duration and intensity, "according to their works," but finally ending in the second death.” {GC 544.2} No one has had this experience yet. The question is – Why not? Who or what prevents sinners from suffering and dying the moment they sin? I believe it is the absence of the radiant light of God that prevents it. I have no idea what you believe. You seem to think God hasn’t revealed it.

Quote:
M: . . . that sinning does not cause them to suffer shame or guilt. Yes, some sins result in sorrow. However, most people sin with no ill effect.

T: This is totally wrong. I don't know how you could think such a thing. No one can sin with no ill effect. How could you even think this is possible? What is the principle upon which sin is based? It's selfishness. How can one act selfishly without any ill effect? This really shouldn't be something one should need to prove with quotes. By our own life's experience, we know that sin and selfishness have ill effects -- always! I don't know how you could assert such a thing that one can sin with no effect.

It appears you overlooked what I posted above. Here it is again: “Yes, some sins result in sorrow. However, most people sin with no ill effect.” The sorrow we experience in this lifetime is not the inevitable result of sin. God prevents sinners from suffering and dying the moment they sin. The real result of sin will not be known until judgment. What we experience now pales in comparison to what we will experience during judgment.

Quote:
M: True, they are missing out on the joy of being like Jesus, but in this case ignorance is, as it were, bliss.

T: Not sure of your point here. Sinning with no ill effect is bliss?

Not knowing what you don’t know is, as it were, bliss. How bad can sinners feel about not having something they know nothing about? For example, how bad do people feel who have no idea they are missing out on the blessings of Sabbath-keeping?

Quote:
T: In the judgment, the truth will be revealed to all. The significance of each sin will be made known. GC speaks about this. The cleansing of the temple gives a foreshadowing of this, where the guilty could not bear the gaze of Christ, making known their sin, as they fled in fear.

M: Quotes please.

T: What you called the panoramic view, or something like that. Last chapter of "The Great Controversy." Also the DA chapter on the cleansing of the chapter, the first time.

I assume you’re referring to the following passage:

Quote:
As soon as the books of record are opened, and the eye of Jesus looks upon the wicked, they are conscious of every sin which they have ever committed. . . Above the throne is revealed the cross; and like a panoramic view appear the scenes of Adam's temptation and fall, and the successive steps in the great plan of redemption. . . all are vividly portrayed. . . all behold the enormity of their guilt. They vainly seek to hide from the divine majesty of His countenance, outshining the glory of the sun, while the redeemed cast their crowns at the Saviour's feet, exclaiming: "He died for me!"(GC 666, 667}

It is now evident to all that the wages of sin is not noble independence and eternal life, but slavery, ruin, and death. The wicked see what they have forfeited by their life of rebellion. The far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory was despised when offered them; but how desirable it now appears. "All this," cries the lost soul, "I might have had; but I chose to put these things far from me. Oh, strange infatuation! I have exchanged peace, happiness, and honor for wretchedness, infamy, and despair." All see that their exclusion from heaven is just. By their lives they have declared: "We will not have this Man [Jesus] to reign over us." {GC 668.3}

Satan sees that his voluntary rebellion has unfitted him for heaven. . . . And now Satan bows down and confesses the justice of his sentence. . . Notwithstanding that Satan has been constrained to acknowledge God's justice and to bow to the supremacy of Christ, his character remains unchanged. The spirit of rebellion, like a mighty torrent, again bursts forth. Filled with frenzy, he determines not to yield the great controversy. The time has come for a last desperate struggle against the King of heaven. He rushes into the midst of his subjects and endeavors to inspire them with his own fury and arouse them to instant battle. But of all the countless millions whom he has allured into rebellion, there are none now to acknowledge his supremacy. His power is at an end. The wicked are filled with the same hatred of God that inspires Satan; but they see that their case is hopeless, that they cannot prevail against Jehovah. Their rage is kindled against Satan and those who have been his agents in deception, and with the fury of demons they turn upon them. {GC 670, 671}

Fire comes down from God out of heaven. The earth is broken up. The weapons concealed in its depths are drawn forth. Devouring flames burst from every yawning chasm. The very rocks are on fire. The day has come that shall burn as an oven. The elements melt with fervent heat, the earth also, and the works that are therein are burned up. Malachi 4:1; 2 Peter 3:10. The earth's surface seems one molten mass--a vast, seething lake of fire. It is the time of the judgment and perdition of ungodly men--"the day of the Lord's vengeance, and the year of recompenses for the controversy of Zion." Isaiah 34:8. {GC 672.2}

The wicked receive their recompense in the earth. Proverbs 11:31. They "shall be stubble: and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the Lord of hosts." Malachi 4:1. Some are destroyed as in a moment, while others suffer many days. All are punished "according to their deeds." The sins of the righteous having been transferred to Satan, he is made to suffer not only for his own rebellion, but for all the sins which he has caused God's people to commit. His punishment is to be far greater than that of those whom he has deceived. After all have perished who fell by his deceptions, he is still to live and suffer on. In the cleansing flames the wicked are at last destroyed, root and branch--Satan the root, his followers the branches. The full penalty of the law has been visited; the demands of justice have been met; and heaven and earth, beholding, declare the righteousness of Jehovah. {GC 673.1}

1. “As soon as the books of record are opened, and the eye of Jesus looks upon the wicked, they are conscious of every sin which they have ever committed.”
2. “. . . all behold the enormity of their guilt.”
3. “They vainly seek to hide from the divine majesty of His countenance, outshining the glory of the sun . . .”
4. “The wicked are filled with the same hatred of God that inspires Satan; but they see that their case is hopeless, that they cannot prevail against Jehovah.”
5. “Their rage is kindled against Satan and those who have been his agents in deception, and with the fury of demons they turn upon them.”
6. “Fire comes down from God out of heaven. The earth is broken up. The weapons concealed in its depths are drawn forth. Devouring flames burst from every yawning chasm. The very rocks are on fire.”
7. “Some are destroyed as in a moment, while others suffer many days. All are punished "according to their deeds." . . . In the cleansing flames the wicked are at last destroyed”.

According to the passage above, it is “the divine majesty of His countenance, outshining the glory of the sun” that will cause resurrected sinners to suffer during judgment. However, they live long enough after judgment to turn upon one another in fits of rage. God intervenes by raining down fire from above and raising up fire from below. It is then that each sinner suffers in proportion and in duration to their sinfulness. Please note that fire enters the picture well after the completion of judgment. In other words, the fire described above is not the internal fire Ty describes.

Quote:
T: Ty brought out how the beauty of God's character makes known the ugliness of our own. Our own ugliness is something we cannot bear, apart from the Balm of Gilead. In this life, we can hide our sin, but in the judgment, everything will be revealed.

M: Please post inspired quotes to back up Ty's point.

T: What point is it that you are in doubt regarding?

Where in the Bible or the SOP is it taught that resurrected sinners will realize their characters are ugly in comparison to God’s, and that this revelation will cause them to suffer? It is certainly not taught in the definitive passage I quoted above.

Quote:
M: Also, is the Balm of Gilead preventing the evil angels from suffering and dying? If not, who or what is? What will change that all of sudden they will be able to suffer the pain and agony you describe?

T: I don't understand your thinking here. DA 764 brings out that if God permitted Satan and his followers to reap the full result of their sin, they would perished, but it would not have been apparent that this was the inevitable result of sin. Obviously, from this, we can conclude two things:

1.God is preventing Satan and his followers from perishing by not having them reap the full results of sin.
2.Reaping the full results of sin is not something God does to the wicked, but is a result of their own choice (which point DA 764 also makes explicitly, several times).

I agree. However, you didn’t answer my questions. In other words, I agree God is preventing evil angels from suffering and dying as the inevitable result of sin. Does God apply the Balm of Gilead? And, what will change that all of sudden they will be able to suffer the pain and agony you describe?

Re: What is the inevitable of result of sin? [Re: Mountain Man] #120726
10/20/09 04:51 PM
10/20/09 04:51 PM
Mountain Man  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
GC, if you're interested in the details of Ty and James I would be willing to discuss them with you privately. I was closely connected to Ty and James between 1982-1990. I used to speak at their campmeetings.

Re: What is the inevitable of result of sin? [Re: Mountain Man] #120736
10/20/09 09:43 PM
10/20/09 09:43 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
GC, Ty's ideas are much different than they were earlier, in the time period MM is speaking of. What I like especially are his concepts in terms of the importance of God's character, and the destructiveness of sin. Those resonated with me a great deal. Many of his ideas remind me of A. Graham Maxwell's ideas, if you're familiar with him. I don't know if there is any connection there or not; perhaps MM knows.

Re: What is the inevitable of result of sin? [Re: Tom] #120737
10/20/09 10:18 PM
10/20/09 10:18 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas

M: Except where Ty backs up his ideas with inspired passages from the Bible or the SOP I am not impressed to believe him.

T: That's too bad. I think Ty does an excellent job explaining the fundamental principles of sin/pardon/the judgment, etc. Ty doesn't use the SOP in the book I referenced, as its audience includes non-SDA's, but his book has a lot of Scripture. He uses it similar to Ellen White, in the context of developing well reasoned arguments based on principles.

MM:Where Ty disagrees with the SOP is where I disagree with Ty. [/quote]

This is rather a pointless comment. It appears to presuppose, for one thing, that you are can perfectly interpret the SOP, or, at a minimum, that you're a lot better at this than Ty is.

Quote:
I agree with you, though, that he does an excellent job of explaining his beliefs. However, his ideas come short of saying what actually causes resurrected sinners to die. I’ve asked him to complete his thought, but it’s been about 6 months now with no follow up. Maybe I’ll hear back from him this winter?

I'd be interesting in what he had to say about this as well.

Quote:
M: According to Ellen, Jesus bears our guilt and burdens when we give them to Him. Otherwise, we must bear them on our own. Which means the wicked bear them now without being crushed to death.

T: No, this isn't right. We owe all to Christ. . . She says that Christ has borne the burden of our guilt. This is everyone's guilt. She says, "he burden of care and sorrow also He will bear."

M:Here’s what Ellen wrote about it (I’ve inserted numbers):

Whether they know it or not, 1) all are weary and heavy-laden. 2) All are weighed down with burdens that only Christ can remove. 3) The heaviest burden that we bear is the burden of sin. If we were left to bear this burden, it would crush us. But the Sinless One has taken our place. "The Lord hath laid on Him the iniquity of us all." Isa. 53:6. He has borne the burden of our guilt. 4) He will take the load from our weary shoulders. 5) He will give us rest. 6) The burden of care and sorrow also He will bear. 7) He invites us to cast all our care upon Him; for He carries us upon His heart. {DA 328.5}

2. “All are weighed down with burdens that only Christ can remove.” We must give Jesus permission to remove them.
3. “The heaviest burden that we bear is the burden of sin.” All bear the burden of sin.
4. “He will take the load from our weary shoulders.” He will (future tense) not has (past tense) bear our burden of sin when we give Him permission.
5. “He will give us rest.” He will (future tense) not has (past tense) give us rest when we ask.
6. “The burden of care and sorrow also He will bear.” He will (future tense) not has (past tense) bear our burdens when we give Him permission.
7. “He invites us to cast all our care upon Him; for He carries us upon His heart.” He will bear our burdens when we invite Him.

Yes. However, the burden of sin being spoken of is not the burden of sin the wicked will experience at the judgment, but what we actually experience of sin before we become a Christian. In the case of the MB quote, this is dealing with the burden of sin, or, to use her word, "guilt," that will be borne at the judgment. The context bears this out by speaking of Calvary, and explaining why we should not lessen the guilt of sin.

Quote:
T: During this lifetime, people can "shut off" the voice of God. People keep busy, and choose not to think about unpleasant things. When the Holy Spirit comes, He is sent away. The Holy Spirit is a gentleman, not forcing His way. Eventually the heart can become so hardened, a person cannot respond to be saved.

M:People do it all the time.

This never happens. Sin always has a negative impact.

Just think of logically, MM. Sin is predicated on selfishness. Selfishness is a principle which has to have negative effects. It's impossible that this not happen. At a minimum, a person who acts selfishly will hurt himself.

Quote:
Remember, the inevitable result of sin is suffering during judgment eventually ending in death. “They suffer punishment varying in duration and intensity, "according to their works," but finally ending in the second death.” {GC 544.2} No one has had this experience yet. The question is – Why not? Who or what prevents sinners from suffering and dying the moment they sin? I believe it is the absence of the radiant light of God that prevents it. I have no idea what you believe. You seem to think God hasn’t revealed it.

You say to "remember" this, but I don't see the connection between this and your assertion that people can sin with impunity. I think the belief that it is the absence of radiant light is very superficial; it misses the deeper issues involved, trivializes them, in fact. Regarding what I believe, Christ is bearing our sin and guilt. As the SOP points out, if we had to bear this guilt, it would crush us. Christ bears it for us.

I don't understand why you say you have no idea what I believe when you've asked me, and I've told you, as well as quoting the statement that says it.

Quote:
M: . . . that sinning does not cause them to suffer shame or guilt. Yes, some sins result in sorrow. However, most people sin with no ill effect.

T: This is totally wrong. I don't know how you could think such a thing. No one can sin with no ill effect. How could you even think this is possible? What is the principle upon which sin is based? It's selfishness. How can one act selfishly without any ill effect? This really shouldn't be something one should need to prove with quotes. By our own life's experience, we know that sin and selfishness have ill effects -- always! I don't know how you could assert such a thing that one can sin with no effect.

M:It appears you overlooked what I posted above. Here it is again: “Yes, some sins result in sorrow. However, most people sin with no ill effect.”

I don't overlook this; this is what I was responding to. Nobody sins without ill effect. It's impossible to sin with no ill effect. Far from happening to "most people," it happens to no people.

Quote:
The sorrow we experience in this lifetime is not the inevitable result of sin. God prevents sinners from suffering and dying the moment they sin. The real result of sin will not be known until judgment. What we experience now pales in comparison to what we will experience during judgment.

This is true, but in no way implies that people can sin in this lifetime with no ill effect. You could correctly say "with no apparent ill effect" or "with no obvious ill effect" or something like that, but it's impossible for one to sin with no ill effect.

Quote:
M: True, they are missing out on the joy of being like Jesus, but in this case ignorance is, as it were, bliss.

M:Not knowing what you don’t know is, as it were, bliss. How bad can sinners feel about not having something they know nothing about? For example, how bad do people feel who have no idea they are missing out on the blessings of Sabbath-keeping?

Sin is misery. Sin is based on selfishness, which can only lead to suffering, misery, pain, and death. It's destructive. It's not bliss to be unaware of this.

Quote:
M:According to the passage above, it is “the divine majesty of His countenance, outshining the glory of the sun” that will cause resurrected sinners to suffer during judgment. However, they live long enough after judgment to turn upon one another in fits of rage. God intervenes by raining down fire from above and raising up fire from below. It is then that each sinner suffers in proportion and in duration to their sinfulness. Please note that fire enters the picture well after the completion of judgment. In other words, the fire described above is not the internal fire Ty describes.

I don't know Ty's thoughts on this; that is, if he would agree with you or not.

Quote:

M:Where in the Bible or the SOP is it taught that resurrected sinners will realize their characters are ugly in comparison to God’s, and that this revelation will cause them to suffer? It is certainly not taught in the definitive passage I quoted above.

It says they become aware of the sins they have committed, and of the enormity of their guilt. They also realize that things could have been different. Being aware of their sins and the enormity of their guilt is a function of the revelation of Jesus Christ, the light of the glory of God. The revelation of God's character makes known their own.

Quote:
M: Also, is the Balm of Gilead preventing the evil angels from suffering and dying? If not, who or what is? What will change that all of sudden they will be able to suffer the pain and agony you describe?

T: I don't understand your thinking here. DA 764 brings out that if God permitted Satan and his followers to reap the full result of their sin, they would perished, but it would not have been apparent that this was the inevitable result of sin. Obviously, from this, we can conclude two things:

M:I agree. However, you didn’t answer my questions. In other words, I agree God is preventing evil angels from suffering and dying as the inevitable result of sin. Does God apply the Balm of Gilead?

What are you asking here?

Quote:
And, what will change that all of sudden they will be able to suffer the pain and agony you describe?

They will be judged. Their sin will be seen in its true bearing.

Re: What is the inevitable of result of sin? [Re: Tom] #120751
10/21/09 04:56 PM
10/21/09 04:56 PM
Mountain Man  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Originally Posted By: Tom

M: Where Ty disagrees with the SOP is where I disagree with Ty.

T: This is rather a pointless comment. It appears to presuppose, for one thing, that you are can perfectly interpret the SOP, or, at a minimum, that you're a lot better at this than Ty is.

It may be pointless to you but it is important to me to believe I’m interpreting the SOP correctly.

Quote:
M: I agree with you, though, that he does an excellent job of explaining his beliefs. However, his ideas come short of saying what actually causes resurrected sinners to die. I’ve asked him to complete his thought, but it’s been about 6 months now with no follow up. Maybe I’ll hear back from him this winter?

T: I'd be interesting in what he had to say about this as well.

Quoting Ty, therefore, hasn’t been helpful since his insights do not answer my question – What will cause resurrected sinners to die?

Quote:

M: Here’s what Ellen wrote about it (I’ve inserted numbers):

T: Yes. However, the burden of sin being spoken of is not the burden of sin the wicked will experience at the judgment, but what we actually experience of sin before we become a Christian. In the case of the MB quote, this is dealing with the burden of sin, or, to use her word, "guilt," that will be borne at the judgment. The context bears this out by speaking of Calvary, and explaining why we should not lessen the guilt of sin.

What do think will make the difference? Why will sinners suffer differently in judgment? Why don’t we suffer that way now? I realize you believe God arbitrarily prevents it – but what does He do to prevent it?

Quote:

M: People do it all the time.

T: This never happens. Sin always has a negative impact. Just think of logically, MM. Sin is predicated on selfishness. Selfishness is a principle which has to have negative effects. It's impossible that this not happen. At a minimum, a person who acts selfishly will hurt himself.

Actually, it does happen all the time. Smokers experience a genuine sense of relief and euphoria when they indulge their sin. There is no sense of guilt. You seem to underestimate the hardening effect of the “deceitfulness of sin”. Ellen wrote:

“Like the hard-beaten path, trodden down by the feet of men and beasts, is the heart that becomes a highway for the world's traffic, its pleasures and sins. Absorbed in selfish aims and sinful indulgences, the soul is "hardened through the deceitfulness of sin." Heb. 3:13. The spiritual faculties are paralyzed. Men hear the word, but understand it not. They do not discern that it applies to themselves. They do not realize their need or their danger. They do not perceive the love of Christ, and they pass by the message of His grace as something that does not concern them. {COL 44.2}

Quote:
M: Remember, the inevitable result of sin is suffering during judgment eventually ending in death. “They suffer punishment varying in duration and intensity, "according to their works," but finally ending in the second death.” {GC 544.2} No one has had this experience yet. The question is – Why not? Who or what prevents sinners from suffering and dying the moment they sin? I believe it is the absence of the radiant light of God that prevents it. I have no idea what you believe. You seem to think God hasn’t revealed it.

T: You say to "remember" this, but I don't see the connection between this and your assertion that people can sin with impunity.

Above you wrote, “. . . the burden of sin being spoken of is not the burden of sin the wicked will experience at the judgment”.

Quote:
T: I think the belief that it is the absence of radiant light is very superficial; it misses the deeper issues involved, trivializes them, in fact.

There is nothing trivial about being consumed in the presence of the firelight of God. Please explain how the presence of God consumes sin in the following passage: “To sin, wherever found, God is a consuming fire. If you choose sin, and refuse to separate from it, the presence of God, which consumes sin, must consume you.” Sin, as you say, is not a sentient being, so how can the presence of God consume it?

Quote:
T: Regarding what I believe, Christ is bearing our sin and guilt. As the SOP points out, if we had to bear this guilt, it would crush us. Christ bears it for us. I don't understand why you say you have no idea what I believe when you've asked me, and I've told you, as well as quoting the statement that says it.

The idea that the reason we do not experience crushing guilt when we sin is because Jesus bears it for us is difficult to believe, especially as it relates to evil angels. It assumes sin can be indulged with impunity as if sin is innocuous, which, by the way, is an idea you reject. At any rate, how does our guilt bypass us and end up with Jesus? Without guilt, what motivates us to repent?

Quote:

M: It appears you overlooked what I posted above. Here it is again: “Yes, some sins result in sorrow. However, most people sin with no ill effect.”

T: I don't overlook this; this is what I was responding to. Nobody sins without ill effect. It's impossible to sin with no ill effect. Far from happening to "most people," it happens to no people.

How can you believe this and believe we bear no guilt?

Quote:
M: The sorrow we experience in this lifetime is not the inevitable result of sin. God prevents sinners from suffering and dying the moment they sin. The real result of sin will not be known until judgment. What we experience now pales in comparison to what we will experience during judgment.

T: This is true, but in no way implies that people can sin in this lifetime with no ill effect. You could correctly say "with no apparent ill effect" or "with no obvious ill effect" or something like that, but it's impossible for one to sin with no ill effect.

Okay. But even Jesus could not live in a world of sin with no ill effect. Had He not returned to heaven He would have eventually died of old age. But what I’m saying is people are able to sin with no ill effect in the sense they feel no shame or guilt. You explain this by saying Jesus bears it for them. I explain it by saying they are sin-hardened.

Quote:

M: Not knowing what you don’t know is, as it were, bliss. How bad can sinners feel about not having something they know nothing about? For example, how bad do people feel who have no idea they are missing out on the blessings of Sabbath-keeping?

T: Sin is misery. Sin is based on selfishness, which can only lead to suffering, misery, pain, and death. It's destructive. It's not bliss to be unaware of this.

Not all sinning results in misery or sorrow. For example, how bad do people feel who have no idea they are missing out on the blessings of Sabbath-keeping?

Quote:
1. “As soon as the books of record are opened, and the eye of Jesus looks upon the wicked, they are conscious of every sin which they have ever committed.”
3. “They vainly seek to hide from the divine majesty of His countenance, outshining the glory of the sun . . .”
4. “The wicked are filled with the same hatred of God that inspires Satan; but they see that their case is hopeless, that they cannot prevail against Jehovah.”
5. “Their rage is kindled against Satan and those who have been his agents in deception, and with the fury of demons they turn upon them.”
6. “Fire comes down from God out of heaven. The earth is broken up. The weapons concealed in its depths are drawn forth. Devouring flames burst from every yawning chasm. The very rocks are on fire.”
7. “Some are destroyed as in a moment, while others suffer many days. All are punished "according to their deeds." . . . In the cleansing flames the wicked are at last destroyed”.

M: According to the passage above, it is “the divine majesty of His countenance, outshining the glory of the sun” that will cause resurrected sinners to suffer during judgment. However, they live long enough after judgment to turn upon one another in fits of rage. God intervenes by raining down fire from above and raising up fire from below. It is then that each sinner suffers in proportion and in duration to their sinfulness. Please note that fire enters the picture well after the completion of judgment. In other words, the fire described above is not the internal fire Ty describes.

T: I don't know Ty's thoughts on this; that is, if he would agree with you or not.

I didn’t ask you for Ty’s response to what I posted above. I am simply saying it doesn’t appear to me Ellen supports the idea revisiting sin in judgment will cause sinners emotional anguish ending in death. It is not clear what you believe since you haven’t explained what you think will cause sinners to die.

Quote:

M: Where in the Bible or the SOP is it taught that resurrected sinners will realize their characters are ugly in comparison to God’s, and that this revelation will cause them to suffer? It is certainly not taught in the definitive passage I quoted above.

T: It says they become aware of the sins they have committed, and of the enormity of their guilt. They also realize that things could have been different. Being aware of their sins and the enormity of their guilt is a function of the revelation of Jesus Christ, the light of the glory of God. The revelation of God's character makes known their own.

Here’s what Ellen wrote:

She says nothing about God’s character. Nor does she say anything about them comprehending the contrast between their character and His. Why do you think she says nothing about it in this her definitive description of the experience of the wicked during the judgment? Why is it omitted here?

Quote:

M I agree. However, you didn’t answer my questions. In other words, I agree God is preventing evil angels from suffering and dying as the inevitable result of sin. Does God apply the Balm of Gilead?

T: What are you asking here?

How does God prevent the evil angels from suffering and dying the moment they sin? Does He apply the Balm the Gilead (something you mentioned above)? Does Jesus divert their guilt to Himself?

Quote:
M: And, what will change that all of sudden they will be able to suffer the pain and agony you describe?

T: They will be judged. Their sin will be seen in its true bearing.

What prevents them from seeing their sin in its true bearing now? What will they see then that they do not see now?

Re: What is the inevitable of result of sin? [Re: Mountain Man] #120772
10/21/09 10:51 PM
10/21/09 10:51 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Quote:

M: Where Ty disagrees with the SOP is where I disagree with Ty.

T: This is rather a pointless comment. It appears to presuppose, for one thing, that you are can perfectly interpret the SOP, or, at a minimum, that you're a lot better at this than Ty is.

M:It may be pointless to you but it is important to me to believe I’m interpreting the SOP correctly.

There's no need to point it out. That's what's pointless. Not your believing that you believe what the SOP says, but pointing that out.

Of course you believe you are interpreting the Scriptures and the SOP correctly. What would be the alternative?

I could say in every post I write in response to you, "I agree with you, MM, except where you disagree with Scripture or the SOP." Or I could say, "I agree with you on every point, except where you are wrong." Would that be helpful?

Quote:
M: I agree with you, though, that he does an excellent job of explaining his beliefs. However, his ideas come short of saying what actually causes resurrected sinners to die. I’ve asked him to complete his thought, but it’s been about 6 months now with no follow up. Maybe I’ll hear back from him this winter?

T: I'd be interesting in what he had to say about this as well.

M:Quoting Ty, therefore, hasn’t been helpful since his insights do not answer my question – What will cause resurrected sinners to die?

I think you're concerned about the wrong things, MM. The real important issues, the spiritual ones, it doesn't look like you are even considering.

Quote:
What do think will make the difference? Why will sinners suffer differently in judgment? Why don’t we suffer that way now? I realize you believe God arbitrarily prevents it – but what does He do to prevent it?

You asked this on the other thread.

Quote:
T: This never happens. Sin always has a negative impact. Just think of logically, MM. Sin is predicated on selfishness. Selfishness is a principle which has to have negative effects. It's impossible that this not happen. At a minimum, a person who acts selfishly will hurt himself.

M:Actually, it does happen all the time.

Actually, it never happens. People who act selfishly hurt, at a minimum, themselves. Selfishness is a principle which can only result in suffering and death. As per the SOP, wherever sin exists, it is inevitable that there will be suffering and death.

Quote:
Smokers experience a genuine sense of relief and euphoria when they indulge their sin.

What I said is that it is not possible to sin without there being a negative impact.

Quote:
There is no sense of guilt. You seem to underestimate the hardening effect of the “deceitfulness of sin”.

Wow! That's ironic!!

Indeed, I agree that not recognizing the "sinfulness of sin," is the area of disagreement. But I'm not the one claiming that one can sin without there being a negative impact.

The SOP statement you cited in no way said or implied that one can sin without there being a negative impact.

Quote:
M: Remember, the inevitable result of sin is suffering during judgment eventually ending in death. “They suffer punishment varying in duration and intensity, "according to their works," but finally ending in the second death.” {GC 544.2} No one has had this experience yet. The question is – Why not? Who or what prevents sinners from suffering and dying the moment they sin? I believe it is the absence of the radiant light of God that prevents it. I have no idea what you believe. You seem to think God hasn’t revealed it.

T: You say to "remember" this, but I don't see the connection between this and your assertion that people can sin with impunity.

MM:Above you wrote, “. . . the burden of sin being spoken of is not the burden of sin the wicked will experience at the judgment”.

I'm not following your thought here.

Quote:
T: I think the belief that it is the absence of radiant light is very superficial; it misses the deeper issues involved, trivializes them, in fact.

M:There is nothing trivial about being consumed in the presence of the firelight of God.

I didn't say this. I said I think this belief trivializes the deeper issues involved.

Quote:
Please explain how the presence of God consumes sin in the following passage: “To sin, wherever found, God is a consuming fire. If you choose sin, and refuse to separate from it, the presence of God, which consumes sin, must consume you.” Sin, as you say, is not a sentient being, so how can the presence of God consume it?

First of all, not all things which can be consumed are sentient beings, so your question doesn't really make sense.

Regarding what the MB quote means, it's similar to the DA quote, which discusses this in more detail:

Quote:
"I indeed baptize you in water unto repentance," said John; "but He that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: He shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire." Matt. 3:11, R. V., margin. The prophet Isaiah had declared that the Lord would cleanse His people from their iniquities "by the spirit of judgment, and by the spirit of burning." The word of the Lord to Israel was, "I will turn My hand upon thee, and purely purge away thy dross, and take away all thy tin." Isa. 4:4; 1:25. To sin, wherever found, "our God is a consuming fire." Heb. 12:29. In all who submit to His power the Spirit of God will consume sin. But if men cling to sin, they become identified with it. Then the glory of God, which destroys sin, must destroy them. Jacob, after his night of wrestling with the Angel, exclaimed, "I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved." Gen. 32: 30.

Jacob had been guilty of a great sin in his conduct toward Esau; but he had repented. His transgression had been forgiven, and his sin purged; therefore he could endure the revelation of God's presence. But wherever men came before God while willfully cherishing evil, they were destroyed. At the second advent of Christ the wicked shall be consumed "with the Spirit of His mouth," and destroyed "with the brightness of His coming." 2 Thess. 2:8. The light of the glory of God, which imparts life to the righteous, will slay the wicked.

In the time of John the Baptist, Christ was about to appear as the revealer of the character of God. His very presence would make manifest to men their sin. Only as they were willing to be purged from sin could they enter into fellowship with Him. Only the pure in heart could abide in His presence. (DA 107, 108)

Only the pure in heart could abide in Christ's presence, because His presence would make manifest to men their sin. It is this which the wicked cannot stand. In the judgment, there will be nowhere to hide. Hence the desire to be destroyed, rather than look at the face of the One who redeemed them.

Quote:
T: Regarding what I believe, Christ is bearing our sin and guilt. As the SOP points out, if we had to bear this guilt, it would crush us. Christ bears it for us. I don't understand why you say you have no idea what I believe when you've asked me, and I've told you, as well as quoting the statement that says it.

M:The idea that the reason we do not experience crushing guilt when we sin is because Jesus bears it for us is difficult to believe, especially as it relates to evil angels.

???

Quote:
It assumes sin can be indulged with impunity as if sin is innocuous, which, by the way, is an idea you reject.

???

Quote:
At any rate, how does our guilt bypass us and end up with Jesus?

Jesus bears our sin. In bearing our sin, He bears our guilt.

Quote:
The sacrifice of Christ, so far as this world is concerned, dates from the foundation of the world. While Christ was going about doing good in Judea and Galilee, He was in the bosom of the Father making reconciliation for the sins of the world.

The scene on Calvary was the manifestation of what has taken place as long as sin has existed, and will take place until every man is saved who is willing to be saved: Christ bearing the sins of the world. He bears them now.(The Glad Tidings)

Quote:
Without guilt, what motivates us to repent?

Quote:
4Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance? (Romans 2:4)

Also it should be noted that although Jesus Christ bears our sin and its guilt, the Holy Spirit still convicts people of sin.

Quote:
T: I don't overlook this; this is what I was responding to. Nobody sins without ill effect. It's impossible to sin with no ill effect. Far from happening to "most people," it happens to no people.

M:How can you believe this and believe we bear no guilt?

I quoted this statement:

Quote:
We should not try to lessen our guilt by excusing sin. We must accept God's estimate of sin, and that is heavy indeed. Calvary alone can reveal the terrible enormity of sin. If we had to bear our own guilt, it would crush us.(MB 116)

I'm not sure what you mean by "bearing no guilt." I also don't see how you reason from this statement to the idea that we bear no guilt. I think you could rightly conclude from the statement that it cannot be the case that we bear all of our guilt, but how can you conclude we don't bear any of it?

Quote:
T: This is true, but in no way implies that people can sin in this lifetime with no ill effect. You could correctly say "with no apparent ill effect" or "with no obvious ill effect" or something like that, but it's impossible for one to sin with no ill effect.

M:Okay. But even Jesus could not live in a world of sin with no ill effect.

Of course not. Wherever there is sin, it's inevitable that there will be suffering and death. One who is righteous is subject to far more suffering than one who is not, and even more so for a sinless Being.

Quote:
Had He not returned to heaven He would have eventually died of old age. But what I’m saying is people are able to sin with no ill effect in the sense they feel no shame or guilt.

This isn't what "no ill effect" means.

Quote:
You explain this by saying Jesus bears it for them. I explain it by saying they are sin-hardened.

How do you get that I'm explaining this? I've been arguing against the idea that one can sin with no ill effect. I haven't said anything about Jesus' bearing our sin having to do with this.

Quote:
T: Sin is misery. Sin is based on selfishness, which can only lead to suffering, misery, pain, and death. It's destructive. It's not bliss to be unaware of this.

M:Not all sinning results in misery or sorrow. For example, how bad do people feel who have no idea they are missing out on the blessings of Sabbath-keeping?

Quote:
Said the angel, "If light comes, and that light is set aside, or rejected, then comes condemnation and the frown of God; but before the light comes there is no sin, for there is no light for them to reject." (Spiritual Gifts Volume 4b, page 3)

(More later)

Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/28/24 11:09 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 04/29/24 09:07 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/28/24 09:29 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!