HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,641
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 15
kland 6
Daryl 2
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
4 registered members (Karen Y, daylily, dedication, Kevin H), 3,282 guests, and 9 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Text proves that Sabbath still exist and is still valid till Jesus come [Re: James Saptenno] #122386
12/24/09 07:23 AM
12/24/09 07:23 AM
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Again it appears that you base "love" on human interpretation.
Whatever you want others to do to you is the criterion for "love"? That makes you the definer of "love"?

Yes, the text is in scripture, but it was never meant to replace God's law.

Without God's commandments a person makes their own mind and heart a "heaven center" and the source of knowledge as to what is "love"? Cause if one gets rid of God's commands, they aren't setting their mind on the things of God, but on our own imaginations of what one thinks God should be like.

Very shaky and dangerous ground.

No, my friend God is the definer of love -- and His Word and His law defines love.
Divine love is not defined by humans who think they have a "god center" within their minds that defines love according to what they think love is.

All one has to do is read some of the new age stuff and all their lofty ideas of love, unity and peace, and one should understand how Satan seeks to cause people to look to their own "higher self" for the true expression of love quite apart from God's law.

True Christianity is always distrustful of self realizing the "heart is deceitful" , and looks to God and seeks His will which is revealed in His Word and Commands.

Satan's insinuation to the angel's in heaven was exactly what is now being promoted (scary thought). "He began to insinuate doubts concerning the laws that governed heavenly beings, intimating that angels needed no such restraint, for their own wisdom was a sufficient guide. They were not beings that could bring dishonor to God; all their thoughts were holy, so why did they need a commander?"

Ez. 28:17 "Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness:...I will destroy thee, O covering cherub."

They fell because they believed they knew how to love and didn't need anyone ruling over them, defining love for them.

The same concept was Korah's downfall.
He and his followers rebelled against Moses and Aaron,
Lev. 16:3 And they gathered themselves together against Moses and against Aaron, and said unto them, Ye take too much upon you, seeing all the congregation are holy, every one of them, and the LORD is among them: wherefore then lift ye up yourselves above the congregation of the LORD?

Yet, God didn't agree with Korah....

It's the same argument we hear today --
God is with us, we are holy, we don't need any commandments, or anyone telling us to keep God's commandments.

That is walking on DANGEROUS GROUND!

I'm curious as to your insistance that God's law shouldn't be kept anymore -- the idea that its done away with --
Which commandment do you want to break? Which commandment do you find "unloving" in your concept of what "heavenly love" is?

Last edited by dedication; 12/24/09 08:12 AM.
Re: Text proves that Sabbath still exist and is still valid till Jesus come [Re: James Saptenno] #122387
12/24/09 09:39 AM
12/24/09 09:39 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
A note to all involved in this discussion:

Let's be patient with each other here.

James, in saying that Christ ended the law, that it was nailed to the cross, is not sharing anything unusual. To help those of you who do not live in an Asian country understand this, please allow me to point out that the only Bibles I am aware of in the Asian languages (with the exceptions of Burmese and possibly Tagalog, which were translated less recently), are translated from the corrupt Alexandrian line of Bibles. The Alexandrian text does indeed declare that the entire law of God was nailed to the cross and abolished.

In other words, unless James uses an English-language King James Bible, there is no other conclusion that he would be able to make than that the entire law was abolished at the cross.

James, I have sympathy for you. The Bible you read is mostly likely teaching error on this point. I know for a fact that the Chinese Bible, the Thai Bible, and the Korean Bible all have errors like this. I wish more missionaries would devote themselves to the work of translation, so that people like yourself could have the opportunity to read pure truth.

Dedication, here are the texts that I suspect James has been reading:

Originally Posted By: The Never Inspired Version (NIV)
But now, by dying to what once bound us, we have been released from the law so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit, and not in the old way of the written code. (Romans 7:6, NIV)

having canceled the written code, with its regulations, that was against us and that stood opposed to us; he took it away, nailing it to the cross. (Colossians 2:14, NIV)

But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near through the blood of Christ. For he himself is our peace, who has made the two one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility, by abolishing in his flesh the law with its commandments and regulations.... (Ephesians 2:13-15, NIV)

The modern Bibles all follow this same theology--that the law has been entirely abolished. Only when one looks to the older, less-corrupted translations, can the real truth be found in these verses.

James, as Dedication and I know from a study of the King James, which was translated from the Majority Text (called this because it represents over 90% of the ancient Bible manuscripts), the law was not abolished at the cross. The sacrifices were abolished. The sacrificial system, also sometimes referred to as the ceremonial system, this is what was abolished. The rules for the sacrifices were usually referred to as "ordinances" to help distinguish them from the law of the Ten Commandments. In the King James Version, this distinction is made clear.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: Text proves that Sabbath still exist and is still valid till Jesus come [Re: Green Cochoa] #122398
12/25/09 03:53 AM
12/25/09 03:53 AM
J
James Saptenno  Offline OP
Charter Member
Active Member 2012
Dedicated Member
Jakarta, Indonesia
Originally Posted By: Green Cochoa
A note to all involved in this discussion:

Let's be patient with each other here.

James, in saying that Christ ended the law, that it was nailed to the cross, is not sharing anything unusual. To help those of you who do not live in an Asian country understand this, please allow me to point out that the only Bibles I am aware of in the Asian languages (with the exceptions of Burmese and possibly Tagalog, which were translated less recently), are translated from the corrupt Alexandrian line of Bibles. The Alexandrian text does indeed declare that the entire law of God was nailed to the cross and abolished.

In other words, unless James uses an English-language King James Bible, there is no other conclusion that he would be able to make than that the entire law was abolished at the cross.

James, I have sympathy for you. The Bible you read is mostly likely teaching error on this point. I know for a fact that the Chinese Bible, the Thai Bible, and the Korean Bible all have errors like this. I wish more missionaries would devote themselves to the work of translation, so that people like yourself could have the opportunity to read pure truth.

Dedication, here are the texts that I suspect James has been reading:

Originally Posted By: The Never Inspired Version (NIV)
But now, by dying to what once bound us, we have been released from the law so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit, and not in the old way of the written code. (Romans 7:6, NIV)

having canceled the written code, with its regulations, that was against us and that stood opposed to us; he took it away, nailing it to the cross. (Colossians 2:14, NIV)

But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near through the blood of Christ. For he himself is our peace, who has made the two one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility, by abolishing in his flesh the law with its commandments and regulations.... (Ephesians 2:13-15, NIV)

The modern Bibles all follow this same theology--that the law has been entirely abolished. Only when one looks to the older, less-corrupted translations, can the real truth be found in these verses.

James, as Dedication and I know from a study of the King James, which was translated from the Majority Text (called this because it represents over 90% of the ancient Bible manuscripts), the law was not abolished at the cross. The sacrifices were abolished. The sacrificial system, also sometimes referred to as the ceremonial system, this is what was abolished. The rules for the sacrifices were usually referred to as "ordinances" to help distinguish them from the law of the Ten Commandments. In the King James Version, this distinction is made clear.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

Thanks for your advice brother. Indeed, that is exactly what Christians here in Indonesia think of the law, as what you have thought.

Therefore, a solid and biblical counter must be given, not just another idea.

In His love

Re: Text proves that Sabbath still exist and is still valid till Jesus come [Re: dedication] #122399
12/25/09 03:56 AM
12/25/09 03:56 AM
J
Charter Member
Active Member 2012
Dedicated Member
Jakarta, Indonesia
Originally Posted By: dedication

I'm curious as to your insistance that God's law shouldn't be kept anymore -- the idea that its done away with --
Which commandment do you want to break? Which commandment do you find "unloving" in your concept of what "heavenly love" is?

What commandment do you think in my concept of "heavenly love" that is against the "love code?" You must answer it, not me, because I have no problem with God or my fellowmen.

In His love

Re: Text proves that Sabbath still exist and is still valid till Jesus come [Re: James Saptenno] #122401
12/25/09 09:35 AM
12/25/09 09:35 AM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: James Saptenno
Originally Posted By: dedication

What commandment do you think in my concept of "heavenly love" that is against the "love code?" You must answer it, not me, because I have no problem with God or my fellowmen.

No -- I've already explained several of those texts -- God's law was not nailed to the cross. Our SINS, which Christ bore as He was nailed to the cross, were nailed to the cross, not that which defines sin.

Why should I answer as to why you urge the idea that God's law is no longer in operation? It wasn't me that wrote that love needs no definition. It wasn't me that wrote that God's commandments are done away with along with the sacrificial and ceremonial laws?

The only conclusion I can see is that there is something in God's law that you want to out of your life? Why else would someone want to do away with God's commandments?

Actually I know what it is that makes the Christian world start talking about nailing God's commandments to cross -- it's the Sabbath.

Christians are all eager to post the ten commandments in public places and even have a national commandment day -- but start talking to them about the Sabbath and suddenly the commandments are said to be a Yoke that we need not wear anymore because they are nailed to the cross --

I find this to be very contradictory.

Re: Text proves that Sabbath still exist and is still valid till Jesus come [Re: dedication] #122443
12/27/09 11:19 AM
12/27/09 11:19 AM
J
Charter Member
Active Member 2012
Dedicated Member
Jakarta, Indonesia
What did exist in Eden before sin? The love code and Sabbath.

What remains now after the cross for Christ believers? The love code and the Sabbath.

What would be there in the new world? The love code and the Sabbath.

I have no problem with the Sabbath.

In His love

Re: Text proves that Sabbath still exist and is still valid till Jesus come [Re: James Saptenno] #122460
12/27/09 09:54 PM
12/27/09 09:54 PM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
I'm glad to see you understand the Sabbath is part of loving God with all our hearts.

But I still don't understand why you would present posts saying God's ten commandments are gone-- not needed?
Obviously each and every one of them sets standards to keep love on track.

1. If we love God with all our hearts, we won't place any other God's before Him.

2. If we love God with all our hearts, we won't use created objects upon which to lavish our worship.

3. If we love God with all our hearts and minds, we will reverance His name and seek to glorify His name in our speech and conduct.

4. If we love God with all our hearts and minds, we will look forward to the 7th day which is SPECIAL time when we can forget about all our daily work (which we are to do in the six days) and spend the time with Him.

5. If we truly love others, we will especially seek to honor and care for those who raised us. Honor our parents.

6. If we truly love others as God loves us, we will not hate them or kill them, either in actuality or in meanness or oppression. Wrath, strife, violence will not be part of our character

7. If we truly love our spouses our marriage commitment will be a decision of love that we will not tarnish with impurities and unfaithfulness.

8. If we really love others, we will never steal from them, but rather share our goods with them.

9. Love will not bear false witness against anyone. Love will not put others down to make self seem better.

10. Love does not covet other peoples goods or blessings but rejoices when others have good things.

So --
You see -- the commandments are God's love code.

Re: Text proves that Sabbath still exist and is still valid till Jesus come [Re: dedication] #122462
12/28/09 04:11 AM
12/28/09 04:11 AM
J
Charter Member
Active Member 2012
Dedicated Member
Jakarta, Indonesia
The letter of the law (Decalogue) is for those who are unrighteous (1 Tim. 1:9-11), because for them, the law point out their sins. Thus, serving the law, is serving the ministry of death (2 Cor. 3:4-9), but, we are the sons of God, living faithfully in the path of the Spirit, is serving a new ministry, which is not of the letter, but of the spirit, the love code, a ministry of love.

whatever you want men to do to you, do also to them, ...... inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.......... to him who knows to do good and does not do it, to him it is sin.... Whatever is not of faith is sin ..... these words are the boundaries of the love code, it is the boundaries of the ministry of love, which is a ministry of the Spirit, that gives life.

Insisting non SDA’s to keep the Decalogue will get a strong counter and almost impossible to convince them that the Decalogue is still valid. Then, OK, think like they think, we approach them in this way, with the love code. It works much better.

In His love

Re: Text proves that Sabbath still exist and is still valid till Jesus come [Re: James Saptenno] #122463
12/28/09 06:03 PM
12/28/09 06:03 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
James, I appreciate your desire to figure out new ways to help people keep the Sabbath. Most people agree the other 9 commandments are still in effect.

Re: Text proves that Sabbath still exist and is still valid till Jesus come [Re: Mountain Man] #122493
12/30/09 04:18 AM
12/30/09 04:18 AM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
The difference between "the letter of the law" and the "spirit of the law" is not in the law itself, but in the way a person responds to it.

We have all sinned, so yes, the law condemns us, only through the salvation offered by Christ may we escape the eternal death penalty and have life.
But, the scriptures ask, do we then void the law? No, God forbid!

People who keep the "letter of the law" follow the law in outward appearance.
People who keep the "spirit of the law" have the law "written on the fleshy tables of the heart" and keep it because the very principles have become part of their character.

But in all this the law is immutable. It stands in its full magnifications as the eternal standard of God's righteousness.

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/21/24 04:50 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/21/24 02:04 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by kland. 05/17/24 04:47 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!