HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,629
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 24
kland 13
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (Daryl, Karen Y, dedication, 2 invisible), 2,949 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 103 of 105 1 2 101 102 103 104 105
Re: The Suffering of the Lost [Re: Tom] #123788
03/03/10 04:43 AM
03/03/10 04:43 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Quote:
T:No, I don't see this, at least not all of this. Perhaps you could indicate which statements pertain to which point you're wanting to make.

1.If God needed Christ to die in order to have a legal right to forgive those who has sinned, He couldn't have offered Lucifer the pardon He did.

2.I agree that Christ vindicated God's character and the principles of His government (aka His law, or immutability of His law, or perpetuity of His law).

3.One of the quotes spoke of how the cross revealed the nature and the result of sin. This is exactly what I think. The nature of sin is that it destroys its victim, which Christ's death demonstrated. In your view, Christ would have had to have been exterminated as the penalty for sin, it would seem, being set on fire. But He wasn't set on fire. So He didn't by the penalty, or satisfy justice, according to how you perceive these things to be.

I didn't see anything suggesting that God needed to earn the legal right to exterminate sin and sinners in the lake of fire, or anything even remotely close to this.

M:1. Where does Ellen draw the conclusion you do, namely, offering Lucifer pardon proves Jesus did not have to die to earn the legal right to pardon penitent sinners?

Why does she have to draw the conclusion? I drew the conclusion based on her statement that God offered Lucifer pardon without Christ's having to die.

Quote:
Or, is this a conclusion you've arrived at independently apart from a plain, Thus saith the Lord?

I arrived at the conclusion base on a plain "Thus saith the Lord," namely that God offered Lucifer pardon again and again on the condition of submission and repentance.

Quote:
As you know, saying she implied it or it stands to reason is not the same thing as her actually saying so.

Quote:
God wants us all to have common sense, and He wants us to reason from common sense.{3SM 217.2}

Quote:
2. He also, however, vindicated the law of God by satisfying its just and loving demands. That is, He vindicated the fact law and justice demand death for sin by paying our sin debt of death instead of disregarding its death demands and saving sinners in spite of their sins and in spite of the demands of law and justice.

The inevitable result of sin is death. DA 764. Christ's death demonstrated this fact, and made it possible for God to permit Satan and his followers to reap the full result of their sin without being misunderstood. Also DA 764.

Quote:
3. You seem to be overlooking the fact it required two goats on the day of atonement to remove sin from the sanctuary.

The blood of bulls and goats could not remove sin. That's Hebrews. Only Christ removes sin.

Quote:
Jesus earned the legal right to place the sins of the saved upon the head of Satan who then must perish with them in the lake of fire.

Satan suffers for his responsibility for both the saved and unsaved. I've pointed this out to you many, many times, yet you persist in omitting this. Why?

Quote:
Satan and his angels suffered long. Satan bore not only the weight and punishment of his own sins, but also of the sins of the redeemed host, which had been placed upon him; and he must also suffer for the ruin of souls which he had caused. Then I saw that Satan and all the wicked host were consumed, and the justice of God was satisfied; and all the angelic host, and all the redeemed saints, with a loud voice said, "Amen!" (EW 294, 295)

I hope you note the part in bold, and don't neglect this in the future.

There's nothing arbitrary in the process, which your description depicts from beginning to end. You see no relation to sin and its results. Everything is artificial, imposed, arbitrary, uncaused.

Quote:
The fact Jesus paid our sin debt of death is not enough. He must also place our sins upon the head of Satan. Which is also not enough. Satan must also perish with our sins in the lake of fire.

Same comment. Not enough. Not enough for what? The "just and loving demands of the law" I'm sure you'd say. But there's no law that says any of the things you are asserting. And who gave the law? God. So to say that God is required to do something which He Himself said He had to do is simply saying that God has to do what's in harmony with His character. This simply begs the question as to why it's in harmony with God's character to do the things you say He will do.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: The Suffering of the Lost [Re: RLH] #123798
03/03/10 04:14 PM
03/03/10 04:14 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Originally Posted By: RLH
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
"Could not fail to accomplish the work" is future positive tense whereas "could have fallen" is past positive tense. In both cases she is confirming the fact Jesus succeeded. Yes, it is true post-incarnate Jesus, as opposed to pre-incarnate Jesus, possessed the ability to sin; however, possessing the ability to sin does not mean God did not know Jesus would certainly succeed. Similarly, saying God "risked all" is not the same thing as saying God did not know Jesus would certainly succeed.

Amen MM.

Thank you. God is good!

Re: The Suffering of the Lost [Re: Tom] #123799
03/03/10 04:33 PM
03/03/10 04:33 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Originally Posted By: Tom
Originally Posted By: MM
EGW:"Angels could not fully portray the character of God, but Christ, who was a living impersonation of God, could not fail to accomplish the work."

MM:Elsewhere you've argued God did not know with absolutely certainty Jesus would succeed.

T:Yes, if this were the case it would contradict the statements which tells us that Christ could have fallen and that there was risked involved in His mission.

M:Here Ellen says, Jesus "could not fail". Do you see a contradiction here?

T:One such spot where she says this is the famous Baker letter:

EGW:He could have sinned, He could have fallen.

T:If there were a contradiction here, this would apply as much to your position as mine. Could Christ have fallen? If so, why doesn't that contradict this statement that says He could not fail?

M:"Could not fail to accomplish the work" is future positive tense whereas "could have fallen" is past positive tense.

In both cases she is confirming the fact Jesus succeeded.

Could have fallen means Christ could have failed. That is, it is possible that Christ could have failed. This could hardly have been the case if God was certain God would succeed, unless you think God can be certain something will happen and the thing not happen.

Quote:
Yes, it is true post-incarnate Jesus, as opposed to pre-incarnate Jesus, possessed the ability to sin; however, possessing the ability to sin does not mean God did not know Jesus would certainly succeed.

Sure God could know Jesus would certainly succeed. But if God knew that, it wouldn't be possible for Jesus to fail, just like it's not possible for anything to happen that God is certain won't happen.

Quote:
Similarly, saying God "risked all" is not the same thing as saying God did not know Jesus would certainly succeed.

Sure it is. That's what "risk" means. Risk is to take an action which has the chance of loss. That means the probability is greater than 0 that the unfortunate event will happen. To say that God is certain the unfortunate event will happen is to say the probability is 0 that this event happens, which is to say that no risk is incurred.

Tom, you're taking passages from an inspired author who wrote about Jesus possessing the ability to fail well after He succeeded and trying to interpret them to mean God did not know with absolute certainty Jesus would succeed. Does this seem right and reasonable to you?

We both agree that Ellen wrote in harmony with the Bible, that nothing she wrote contradicts the Bible or adds to or subtracts from the Bible, therefore, you should be able to prove from the Bible alone that the Father did not know with absolute certainty that Jesus would indeed succeed on the cross. Please post those passages here so we can study them together.

However, if you believe no such insights exist in the Bible, is it possible you are misinterpreting or misapplying what Ellen wrote about it?

And, is it possible that all the places in the OT where it describes Jesus succeeding on the cross that it means God knew with absolute certainty that Jesus would indeed succeed on the cross? If not, why, then, do you think all those prophecies describe Jesus succeeding and that not one of them indicate or imply He might not succeed?

Or, do you think it is safer and wiser to trust your interpretation or application of what Ellen wrote about it and assume, as you have, that it obviously, definitely means God did not know with absolute certainty Jesus would succeed?

Re: The Suffering of the Lost [Re: Mountain Man] #123800
03/03/10 05:04 PM
03/03/10 05:04 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Quote:
Tom, you're taking passages from an inspired author who wrote about Jesus possessing the ability to fail well after He succeeded and trying to interpret them to mean God did not know with absolute certainty Jesus would succeed. Does this seem right and reasonable to you?

1.This is a lot more reasonable than you're thinking that when EGW said "Christ could not fail" she was talking about the subject of foreknowledge. When she said "Christ could not fail" she meant that Christ only could fully represent the father, as opposed to an angel. This is clear from the context.

On the other hand, the statements I've mentioned, which speak of the risk involved, *are* pertinent to the subject.

2.There could only risk involved if there was the actual possibility of failure.

Quote:
We both agree that Ellen wrote in harmony with the Bible, that nothing she wrote contradicts the Bible or adds to or subtracts from the Bible, therefore, you should be able to prove from the Bible alone that the Father did not know with absolute certainty that Jesus would indeed succeed on the cross.

You don't understand the flaw in your argument here? That Ellen White does not contradict the Bible does not imply that everything she wrote is in the Bible.

For example, consider a Bible Commentary, say the SDA Bible Commentary on Romans. Let's say it doesn't contradict Romans. That doesn't mean everything in the Commentary is in Romans. You can understand that, can't you? And see that it wouldn't be reasonable to ask where in Romans some given statement in the Commentary is found? Yet this is what you're asking.

Quote:
Please post those passages here so we can study them together.

However, if you believe no such insights exist in the Bible, is it possible you are misinterpreting or misapplying what Ellen wrote about it?

You're whole reasoning here is off. If my interpretation of her writings led to a contradiction, *that* would be an argument that the interpretation was off.

The important concept is the one of risk. That risk was involved in evident in Scripture. Many have seen this. Indeed, there's an excellent book on the subject entitled "The God Who Risks" based only on Scripture.

Quote:
And, is it possible that all the places in the OT where it describes Jesus succeeding on the cross that it means God knew with absolute certainty that Jesus would indeed succeed on the cross?

Only if it weren't possible for Jesus to fail; only if risk was not involved.

Quote:
If not, why, then, do you think all those prophecies describe Jesus succeeding and that not one of them indicate or imply He might not succeed?

What would the purpose of such a prophecy be? What would it look like?

Quote:
Or, do you think it is safer and wiser to trust your interpretation or application of what Ellen wrote about it and assume, as you have, that it obviously, definitely means God did not know with absolute certainty Jesus would succeed?

EGW wrote the following:

Quote:
God wants us all to have common sense, and He wants us to reason from common sense. Circumstances alter conditions. Circumstances change the relation of things. {3SM 217.2}

Common sense and reason dictates that if God was absolutely certain that Christ wouldn't fail, then it's not possible that Christ could have failed. Conversely, if Christ might have failed, if that was an actual possibility, then God could not have been certain that wouldn't happen.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: The Suffering of the Lost [Re: Tom] #123801
03/03/10 05:59 PM
03/03/10 05:59 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
T: Why should there be? If the Bible included details like this, it would fill a library. John said:

M: I suspect it’s because Jesus completely restored them.

T: Having to readjust has nothing to do with being completely restored. If a person has been blind their whole life, it takes time to adjust to seeing, because of all the information being processed.

M: And yet the blind and deaf and lame people Jesus restored adjusted instantly. The lame were able to run and jump immediately afterward.

T: ??? This has nothing to do with anything. Jumping doesn't require any readjustment. I'm sure the people knew how to leap before they became lame. What would you think this has anything do to with anything?

I’m sorry you feel my question “has nothing to do with anything”. Your comment makes me feel like you think I’m stupid. Do you think I’m stupid because I asked a question you think is totally irrelevant? If not, then you might want to choose your words more carefully next time. Just a suggestion; or perhaps it’s a request.

The movies portray the lame people Jesus healed getting up slowly, unsteadily, on weak and faltering legs. However, I believe they were instantly capable of running and jumping as if they had never been born lame. Do you agree? Or, do you think the people who were born lame took some time to learn how to crawl, walk, run, and leap sort of like babies do?

Quote:
M: The blind and deaf were able to hear and see and speak and understand immediately afterward.

T: Blind people speak and hear spoken languages, so of course they understood. The deaf couldn't understand spoken language. They could continue to understand sign language.

Is there any evidence in the Bible that the deaf people Jesus healed were incapable of communicating verbally immediately after they were healed? Where it says, “He maketh both the deaf to hear, and the dumb to speak,” is it your opinion they were incapable of communicating verbally, that it took some time and training before they were able to communicate verbally?

Quote:
T: This is so speculative as to be completely beyond the pale. You have a certain way of processing information, so you assume it will be like this for everyone else. God will speak to each one according to the language they already know. The deaf speak sign language! God's not going to communicate to them in a verbal language. That makes not sense at all, as is actually an insensitive suggestion, which you would know if you knew anything about deaf culture. Even if you assumed that God would communicate with everyone in a spoken language, what language would it be? Hebrew? Do you think God will miraculously give everyone the ability to understand Hebrew? Of course not! God will communicate with each one in the language that they already know. This should be patently obvious.

M: It sounds like, yes, you believe Jesus is incapable of restoring the deaf, blind, mute, and lame to soundness of mind and body suitable enough to process judgment verbally and visually.

T: You seem to have no understanding of how language works.

You seem to think Jesus will not or cannot resurrect sinners without their former handicaps. Where in the Bible does it say such a thing?

Quote:
M: A hundred years ago people would have scoffed at the idea of millions of people all over the world simultaneously watching and listening to Doug Batchelor telling the truth about Jesus. And yet it happens all the time.

T: With translators, right? So do you think God will employ thousands of translators?

M: No. I suspect God will give them the gift of hearing, which is the reverse of the gift of speaking in tongues. In other words, I suspect everyone will hear what God is saying in their native language.

T: Well, you can make up anything you wish. There's no evidence that such a thing exists. If such a thing existed, God would have to be changing the reception of the mind, so that the person heard something different than what was actually spoken, so God would be in effect doing what I suggested, communicating from mind to mind, just in a much more convoluted way.

I cited two possibilities. You separated them. See my second option below.

Quote:
M: Of course, it’s also possible Jesus will merely resurrect them with the ability to understand things in the same language. You seem to think both options are totally out of the question.

T: Pretty absurd, yes. What I suggested is much more reasonable. God communicates with each one in the language they already know, just as God has always done in every recorded cases, thousands of them, throughout all history. No need to make up stuff on the fly.

Did you make up what you said? Or, do you have a plain, Thus saith the Lord? Also, your idea means the final judgment will take place non-verbally, that everything will happen in the minds of sinners. Which also means no one will know what’s going on with the sinners around them. Not even the watching righteous will know what’s going on.

Quote:
T: Obviously not. I've explained how God will accomplish this, by communicating to each one individually. Your suggestion appears to be that God will communicate to each one in spoken language, that He will heal the deaf, and miraculously give them the ability to understand spoken language. This is an insensitive suggestion because it assumes that spoken language is superior to sign language. To suggest that God would insist on communicating with the deaf in spoken language rather than sign language is simply not understanding how the deaf think. This would just infuriate them. There's nothing wrong with sign language. Anything that can be communicated with spoken language can be communicated with sign language.

M: I’m sorry you think I’m being insensitive. It is not my intention to insult deaf people. My mother-in-law was deaf and it was a pleasure communicating with her. However, do you believe Jesus will resurrect the saints with the ability to hear and understand verbal communications?

T: There's no reason to do so, unless, as I explained, you believe that spoken language is superior to sign language.

Did you misread what I wrote?

Quote:
M: If so, do you feel this is an insult to deaf people?

T: Yes, as I'm sure they would.

Again, did you misread what I wrote? Or, do you really believe Jesus will insult the saints by resurrecting them without their former handicaps?

Quote:
M: Also, thank you for answering my question. It sounds like, yes, you believe Jesus is definitely capable of resurrecting the wicked with the ability to hear and understand verbal communications. However, you also believe He will not do so.

T: Anyone who could create the universe obviously could do anything He wanted to. Why do you think this is a reasonable question?

What question? I merely acknowledged what you wrote about it. That is, you believe Jesus possesses the power to resurrect the wicked without their former handicaps but that He will choose not to.

Quote:
M: In what sense do you think the Father’s “form” is different than Jesus’ “form”?

T: Jesus is a human being. God is not a human being.

You didn’t answer my question. How are their forms different?

Quote:
M: Please include what Ellen wrote about it: “I saw a throne, and on it sat the Father and the Son. I gazed on Jesus' countenance and admired His lovely person. The Father's person I could not behold, for a cloud of glorious light covered Him. I asked Jesus if His Father had a form like Himself. He said He had, but I could not behold it, for said He, "If you should once behold the glory of His person, you would cease to exist."

T: I don't know what you'd want me to comment on regarding this.

I didn’t. I asked you to include her insight in your answer to my question above. Jesus told Ellen that the Father has a form like His. You seem to think the Father’s form is different than Jesus’ form. Why?

Quote:
T: I believe God will be physically present, and a lot will be happening, that can be seen and heard, but there are thousands of languages involved, including many forms of sign language and also sign language which must be felt. Your idea, if I understand it correctly, is that God will communicate to everybody by spoken language. I've explained why I believe this idea is inadequate. For one thing, there are thousands of languages involved, so which language would God use?

M: See my response above. Also, it sounds like, yes, you believe God will use verbal and visual communication as well as other forms of communication. Whereas I suspect Jesus will resurrect everyone with the ability to see and hear and understand His verbal and visual presentation.

T: This is absurd. What about people who don't know how to read? You'd have to suppose God miraculously gives them the ability to read. To have God messing around with one's brains like this violates the principles of free will in innumerable ways. You can't go messing around with the language parts of the brain like you're suggesting without altering in major ways who a person is. This isn't something God would do. If you had a deaf relative, you should have some understanding about it. Did she sign? To a deaf person, communicating in sign language is a part of who they are. They wouldn't think of communicating in speech. There are deaf people, many of them, who refuse to be restored to hearing, even though this is possible, because of their attachment to the deaf community.

My deaf mother-in-law works very hard to communicate verbally, and she does a wonderful job of it. She also reads lips and does not communicate using sign language. She knows how to sign, and is very good at it, but she prefers to read lips and to communicate verbally. The idea that Jesus will resurrect deaf people without their former handicap does not insult or offend her in any way.

Also, saying my thoughts and ideas are “absurd” is offensive, and I would appreciate it if you would refrain from making such harsh judgments. You are an intelligent and godly man and, as such, I am confident you can carry on a dialog and discussion without making such offensive comments. Please consider doing so. Thank you.

Quote:
M: “Above the throne is revealed the cross; and like a panoramic view appear the scenes of Adam's temptation and fall, and the successive steps in the great plan of redemption.” Do you interpret this to mean Jesus will levitate the blind above the throne to feel the cross with their hands? And, do you believe the panoramic scenes described above are viewed in their mind rather than viewed in the sky with the naked eye?

T: These scenes wouldn't mean anything to someone who had no context to understand it.

You didn’t answer my question. Please do so. Thank you.

Quote:
4. I believe the radiant light of God’s person and presence will cause the wicked to suffer in proportion to their sinfulness and to die.

T: Why would something physical result in proportional suffering? I don't see how this could happen.

M: Do you believe it is physically impossible for Jesus to accomplish what I said?

T: Yes, provided He acts in harmony with His character.

M: Is it inconsistent with the character of God to be physically present during judgment if doing so results in the wicked suffering and dying?

T: It would be if this were the purpose of His doing so.

Do you think He will be unaware of the fact that His physical presence is causing them to experience unimaginable suffering? If not, what do you think He will feel about it at the time? And, do you think it will cause Him to leave so His physical presence no longer causes them to suffer so? If not, why do you think He remain in the vicinity knowing it is causing them such intense suffering?

Quote:
M: Or, do you think God cannot help what happens to them, that merely being Himself is not inconsistent with His character?

T: You're asking if God's being Himself is inconsistent with His character? Why do you think this is a reasonable question?

M: If so, do you also believe if God’s radiant light caused sinners to suffer and die that it wouldn’t be inconsistent with His character?

T: It would be if this were the purpose of God's being physically present. That is, if God did something with the sole intent of causing suffering and death, that would be contrary to His character. Also this idea misses the spiritual aspects of what's happening. It supposes sin is innocuous.

Just because I believe sin is not what will cause the wicked to die the second death it does not mean I believe sin is harmless or innocuous. You believe being sinful is sufficient in and of itself to cause the wicked to die the second death. But you also believe the fact God is righteous and physically present will cause the wicked to suffer above and beyond what you believe it natural and sufficient to cause them to die the second death. This seems inconsistent with your view of God, that is, to be the reason for such intense suffering which is above and beyond what you believe is natural and sufficient.

Quote:
M: And, do you believe God works now to supernaturally prevent sinners, including evil angels, from suffering and dying in proportion to their sinfulness? Also, do you believe Jesus will have to work to supernaturally prevent the wicked from dying prematurely during the final judgment?

T: God does not permit them to reap the full result of their sin. DA 764.

M: Is your answer equivalent to saying, yes, Jesus will have to supernaturally prevent the wicked from dying prematurely during judgment so that they can live long enough to revisit their sins and participate in vindicating the character and kingdom of God?

T: This seems like a rather odd and forced way of looking at things to me.

Do you totally and completely disagree with every aspect of it? Or, are there parts of it you agree with? If so, please articulate your thoughts. Thank you.

Quote:
T: I believe the law is a transcript of God's character. It reflects God's will in terms of what God wants to happen.

M: If not, do you think God is in contradiction of Himself?

T: My point is that God is not in contradiction with Himself, and because of this it doesn't make sense to speak in terms of God's being "required" to do things because of the law.

M: It sounds like you’re saying since the law is not a sentient being it cannot do anything. I agree. But we both agree God acts in harmony with the just and loving demands as recorded in the law.

T: The law is a transcript of His character. How could He not act in harmony with it? He doesn't lie, steal, kill, or do any of the things mentioned in His law. He acts like Jesus Christ acted, who was the law in human flesh.

You take this for granted; however, one of the purposes of the GC is to confirm it. If God acts in harmony with the law, will everything work out right for everyone?” - that’s the question being decided right now. The answer is still being weighed in the balances. We believe it will play out in God’s favor because we choose to believe Him. In the end, everyone will conclude God’s law is indeed holy, just, and good, and that He is also holy, just, and good for acting in harmony with it.

Quote:
M: Contrary to the demands recorded in the law, however, God is willing and able to forgive and save penitent sinners. On the other hand, though, God is also willing and able to punish and destroy impenitent sinners, which is clearly in harmony with the demands recorded in the law. To avoid scaring the loyal beings and causing a second rebellion, God took the necessary measures to earn the legal and moral right to destroy impenitent sinners, which is precisely what law and justice requires.

T: This is completely circular, MM. You don't see this? Who created the law, MM? Wasn't it God? If God creates a law which tells Him what to do, how is this any different than His doing what He was going to do anyway?

See my response above.

Quote:
M: In the end, everyone, loyal and disloyal, will confess it is right and righteous for God to act in harmony with the requirements of law and justice, namely, to punish and destroy the wicked. I assume you disagree.

T: The law is a transcript of God's character. I've been asking all along how you think it's possible that God would act contrary to His own character. That the wicked will be destroyed and punished is fine, and to suggest that this is in harmony with the demands of the law, or, which is equivalent, God's character, is fine to. Provided we understand God's character, this will lead to a correct understanding, IMO. Where I see a problem is if we think God will use artificial means to destroy and punish, such as setting people on fire. This would be torture, and is contrary to God's character.

Jesus employed fire to destroy thousands of men, women, and children without violating the law or being in contradiction of Himself. There is nothing arbitrary about Jesus executing justice and judgment. In doing so He is merely acting in harmony with the just and loving demands of law and justice.

Quote:
T: 1.Jesus Christ has no desire to destroy. 2.Destruction certainly would not vindicate God's character. Satan is the destroyer. God is the restorer. God's character is vindicated by making this truth known, which the judgment will make clear.

M: I disagree.

T: So you're thinking is the following? 1.Jesus Christ desires to destroy. 2.Destruction vindicates God's character. 3.Satan is the restorer, God is the destroyer. 4.God's character is not vindicated by making known that He is the restorer and Satan is the destroyer.

Yes, to 1 and 2; no to 3 and 4. Jesus desires to do what is right and righteous, no matter how much He wishes circumstances didn’t force Him to punish and destroy unredeemable sinners. And, when Jesus finally destroys the wicked, they will praise Him to doing the right thing.

Re: The Suffering of the Lost [Re: Tom] #123803
03/03/10 06:35 PM
03/03/10 06:35 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Quote:
T:No, I don't see this, at least not all of this. Perhaps you could indicate which statements pertain to which point you're wanting to make.

1.If God needed Christ to die in order to have a legal right to forgive those who has sinned, He couldn't have offered Lucifer the pardon He did.

2.I agree that Christ vindicated God's character and the principles of His government (aka His law, or immutability of His law, or perpetuity of His law).

3.One of the quotes spoke of how the cross revealed the nature and the result of sin. This is exactly what I think. The nature of sin is that it destroys its victim, which Christ's death demonstrated. In your view, Christ would have had to have been exterminated as the penalty for sin, it would seem, being set on fire. But He wasn't set on fire. So He didn't by the penalty, or satisfy justice, according to how you perceive these things to be.

I didn't see anything suggesting that God needed to earn the legal right to exterminate sin and sinners in the lake of fire, or anything even remotely close to this.

M:1. Where does Ellen draw the conclusion you do, namely, offering Lucifer pardon proves Jesus did not have to die to earn the legal right to pardon penitent sinners?

Why does she have to draw the conclusion? I drew the conclusion based on her statement that God offered Lucifer pardon without Christ's having to die.

Quote:
Or, is this a conclusion you've arrived at independently apart from a plain, Thus saith the Lord?

I arrived at the conclusion base on a plain "Thus saith the Lord," namely that God offered Lucifer pardon again and again on the condition of submission and repentance.

Quote:
As you know, saying she implied it or it stands to reason is not the same thing as her actually saying so.

Quote:
God wants us all to have common sense, and He wants us to reason from common sense.{3SM 217.2}

You didn't post a plain, Thus saith the Lord, from either the Bible or the SOP that says "offering Lucifer pardon proves Jesus did not have to die to earn the legal right to pardon penitent sinners". Please do so. And, please do not expect me to believe your private interpretation is inspired.

Quote:
Quote:
2. He also, however, vindicated the law of God by satisfying its just and loving demands. That is, He vindicated the fact law and justice demand death for sin by paying our sin debt of death instead of disregarding its death demands and saving sinners in spite of their sins and in spite of the demands of law and justice.

The inevitable result of sin is death. DA 764. Christ's death demonstrated this fact, and made it possible for God to permit Satan and his followers to reap the full result of their sin without being misunderstood. Also DA 764.

Quote:
3. You seem to be overlooking the fact it required two goats on the day of atonement to remove sin from the sanctuary.

The blood of bulls and goats could not remove sin. That's Hebrews. Only Christ removes sin.

Quote:
Jesus earned the legal right to place the sins of the saved upon the head of Satan who then must perish with them in the lake of fire.

Satan suffers for his responsibility for both the saved and unsaved. I've pointed this out to you many, many times, yet you persist in omitting this. Why?

Quote:
Satan and his angels suffered long. Satan bore not only the weight and punishment of his own sins, but also of the sins of the redeemed host, which had been placed upon him; and he must also suffer for the ruin of souls which he had caused. Then I saw that Satan and all the wicked host were consumed, and the justice of God was satisfied; and all the angelic host, and all the redeemed saints, with a loud voice said, "Amen!" (EW 294, 295)

I hope you note the part in bold, and don't neglect this in the future.

There's nothing arbitrary in the process, which your description depicts from beginning to end. You see no relation to sin and its results. Everything is artificial, imposed, arbitrary, uncaused.

Quote:
The fact Jesus paid our sin debt of death is not enough. He must also place our sins upon the head of Satan. Which is also not enough. Satan must also perish with our sins in the lake of fire.

Same comment. Not enough. Not enough for what? The "just and loving demands of the law" I'm sure you'd say. But there's no law that says any of the things you are asserting. And who gave the law? God. So to say that God is required to do something which He Himself said He had to do is simply saying that God has to do what's in harmony with His character. This simply begs the question as to why it's in harmony with God's character to do the things you say He will do.

Ellen wrote, "Satan bore not only the weight and punishment of his own sins, but also of the sins of the redeemed host, which had been placed upon him; and he must also suffer for the ruin of souls which he had caused."

She enumerates three things: 1) Satan will suffer for his sins, 2) for the sins of the saved, and 3) for causing the loss of souls. You, on the other hand, do not believe Satan will suffer as if he himself committed the sins of the saved. You believe he will merely suffer for tempting them to sin. You believe one and two above are one and the same; whereas, Ellen plainly says otherwise.

Re: The Suffering of the Lost [Re: Mountain Man] #123805
03/03/10 07:16 PM
03/03/10 07:16 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Quote:
T: ??? This has nothing to do with anything. Jumping doesn't require any readjustment. I'm sure the people knew how to leap before they became lame. What would you think this has anything do to with anything?

M:I’m sorry you feel my question “has nothing to do with anything”. Your comment makes me feel like you think I’m stupid.

I apologize. I'll try to be more careful how I phrase things.

Quote:
Do you think I’m stupid because I asked a question you think is totally irrelevant? If not, then you might want to choose your words more carefully next time. Just a suggestion; or perhaps it’s a request.

The movies portray the lame people Jesus healed getting up slowly, unsteadily, on weak and faltering legs. However, I believe they were instantly capable of running and jumping as if they had never been born lame. Do you agree?

No.

Quote:
Or, do you think the people who were born lame took some time to learn how to crawl, walk, run, and leap sort of like babies do?

It would depend upon whether they knew how to walk before they were hurt or not. I would assume they did know how to walk. In this case a minimal amount of readjustment would be necessary.

Quote:
Is there any evidence in the Bible that the deaf people Jesus healed were incapable of communicating verbally immediately after they were healed?

Like what?

Quote:
Where it says, “He maketh both the deaf to hear, and the dumb to speak,” is it your opinion they were incapable of communicating verbally, that it took some time and training before they were able to communicate verbally?

Making the deaf to hear means being able to hear sounds. Making the dumb to speak means healing a vocal problem allowing someone who was unable to speak able to speak, such as happened with the father of John the Baptist.

I'm sure someone who was deaf, who didn't know spoken language, would have to learn it, and would continue to use sign language. This happens today. People who are deaf, and get Cochlear implants still continue to communicate in sign language, even though they've obtained the ability to hear. Being able to hear makes it possible to learn a language they may not have known before, like English. English (or any spoken language) is very difficult for the deaf to learn, although some are able to do so. One's native language never changes. It is what it is. If you obtain the ability to speak some other language, your native language still remains. Even if the deaf learned a spoken language, sign would still be their native language, the language that they would think in, reason in, pray in, and be most comfortable with. It's absurd to think that God would communicate with a deaf person, who had all their lives signed, in any other way than through sign language.

Quote:
You seem to think Jesus will not or cannot resurrect sinners without their former handicaps. Where in the Bible does it say such a thing?

The SOP says they'll be resurrected with the same bodies they had. Even if they could hear, that wouldn't change anything. Sign would still be their native language.

Quote:
M: Of course, it’s also possible Jesus will merely resurrect them with the ability to understand things in the same language. You seem to think both options are totally out of the question.

T: Pretty absurd, yes. What I suggested is much more reasonable. God communicates with each one in the language they already know, just as God has always done in every recorded cases, thousands of them, throughout all history. No need to make up stuff on the fly.

Did you make up what you said?

No, there's lots of examples of God speaking to people in their native language. Has God ever spoken to you? If so, what language did He use?

Quote:
Or, do you have a plain, Thus saith the Lord? Also, your idea means the final judgment will take place non-verbally, that everything will happen in the minds of sinners.

Please don't do this. Please don't misrepresent what I say. I was careful in how I worded this, and this care is wasted when you represent things this way. If you check back with what I wrote, you'll see that I was very careful to make clear that I wasn't saying "everything will happen in the minds of sinners." I know you're aware of this, because in your previous post you spoke of how I had said there were things happening that were seen and heard.

Quote:
Which also means no one will know what’s going on with the sinners around them. Not even the watching righteous will know what’s going on.

There will be billions of people present, all of them being individually judged. We're told that each one is made aware of their sins, where they deviated from the right path, and where God tried to reach them. How do you think this happens if not by God's communicating with them mind to mind?

Quote:
M: I’m sorry you think I’m being insensitive. It is not my intention to insult deaf people. My mother-in-law was deaf and it was a pleasure communicating with her. However, do you believe Jesus will resurrect the saints with the ability to hear and understand verbal communications?

T: There's no reason to do so, unless, as I explained, you believe that spoken language is superior to sign language.

M:Did you misread what I wrote?

No, I don't think so. I pointed out that there is no reason to resurrect a deaf person with the ability to know a spoken language unless you feel that spoken language is superior to sign language.

Quote:
M: Also, thank you for answering my question. It sounds like, yes, you believe Jesus is definitely capable of resurrecting the wicked with the ability to hear and understand verbal communications. However, you also believe He will not do so.

T: Anyone who could create the universe obviously could do anything He wanted to. Why do you think this is a reasonable question?

M:What question?

Asking if I thought Jesus was capable of resurrecting the wicked in a certain way.

Quote:
I merely acknowledged what you wrote about it. That is, you believe Jesus possesses the power to resurrect the wicked without their former handicaps but that He will choose not to.

We're told they will be resurrected in the same bodies they went to the grave with.

Quote:
M: In what sense do you think the Father’s “form” is different than Jesus’ “form”?

T: Jesus is a human being. God is not a human being.

M:You didn’t answer my question. How are their forms different?

Please explain to me why you think this isn't answering your question. It seems obvious to me that it is.

Quote:
I didn’t. I asked you to include her insight in your answer to my question above. Jesus told Ellen that the Father has a form like His. You seem to think the Father’s form is different than Jesus’ form. Why?

When she asked a form like Himself, she was asking "a form, like you have a form," not "a form which looks like your form."

Quote:
M: See my response above. Also, it sounds like, yes, you believe God will use verbal and visual communication as well as other forms of communication. Whereas I suspect Jesus will resurrect everyone with the ability to see and hear and understand His verbal and visual presentation.

T: This is absurd. What about people who don't know how to read? You'd have to suppose God miraculously gives them the ability to read. To have God messing around with one's brains like this violates the principles of free will in innumerable ways. You can't go messing around with the language parts of the brain like you're suggesting without altering in major ways who a person is. This isn't something God would do. If you had a deaf relative, you should have some understanding about it. Did she sign? To a deaf person, communicating in sign language is a part of who they are. They wouldn't think of communicating in speech. There are deaf people, many of them, who refuse to be restored to hearing, even though this is possible, because of their attachment to the deaf community.

M:My deaf mother-in-law works very hard to communicate verbally, and she does a wonderful job of it. She also reads lips and does not communicate using sign language. She knows how to sign, and is very good at it, but she prefers to read lips and to communicate verbally. The idea that Jesus will resurrect deaf people without their former handicap does not insult or offend her in any way.

I think you know nothing of deaf culture. Your comments here would be offensive to someone in the deaf community.

Quote:
Also, saying my thoughts and ideas are “absurd” is offensive, and I would appreciate it if you would refrain from making such harsh judgments.

Ok, I'll try to choose some less offensive word. I'd suggest doing some research on the deaf community. Try wiki. They have their own culture, and what you've written is insensitive, although you're obviously doing so innocently.

Quote:
You are an intelligent and godly man and, as such, I am confident you can carry on a dialog and discussion without making such offensive comments. Please consider doing so. Thank you.

What you wrote was also very offensive. You're just not aware of it. I'm sorry I offended you. I didn't think it would. You clearly don't know how language works, or the deaf community. I'm sorry I wasn't more tactful.

Have to go now. More later. (probably quite a few hours).

Re: The Suffering of the Lost [Re: Tom] #123825
03/04/10 03:23 PM
03/04/10 03:23 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Quote:
It's absurd to think that God would communicate with a deaf person, who had all their lives signed, in any other way than through sign language. . . I think you know nothing of deaf culture. Your comments here would be offensive to someone in the deaf community.

Tom, yes, deaf people are fond of signing, and take great pleasure in it. But you seem to be shocked that I also believe some deaf people, like my mother-in-law, also enjoy communicating verbally. However, I assume you agree with me the deaf will not be offended when Jesus resurrects them without their handicap?

Quote:
M: Also, your idea means the final judgment will take place non-verbally, that everything will happen in the minds of sinners.

T: There will be billions of people present, all of them being individually judged. We're told that each one is made aware of their sins, where they deviated from the right path, and where God tried to reach them. How do you think this happens if not by God's communicating with them mind to mind?

Do you think any part of the final judgment will happen verbally or visually? If so, please explain your answer. Thank you.

Quote:
M: Jesus told Ellen that the Father has a form like His. You seem to think the Father’s form is different than Jesus’ form. Why?

T: When she asked a form like Himself, she was asking "a form, like you have a form," not "a form which looks like your form."

I believe the Father has a form like Jesus' form. I also believe the Father has a form like our form. We were made in His image and likeness. I also believe we will be able to sit on our Father's lap and listen to Him tell stories. Does your view of the Father allow you to anticipate sitting on His lap?

Quote:
Have to go now. More later. (probably quite a few hours).

Okay. Thanx.

Re: The Suffering of the Lost [Re: Mountain Man] #123833
03/05/10 04:58 AM
03/05/10 04:58 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Originally Posted By: MM
T:It's absurd to think that God would communicate with a deaf person, who had all their lives signed, in any other way than through sign language. . . I think you know nothing of deaf culture. Your comments here would be offensive to someone in the deaf community.

M:Tom, yes, deaf people are fond of signing, and take great pleasure in it. But you seem to be shocked that I also believe some deaf people, like my mother-in-law, also enjoy communicating verbally.

No, I'm not shocked, because I know something of the deaf community. If your mother's preference was to communicate verbally, not just to you but to the deaf as well, then, undoubtedly, sign language was not her native language. If sign were her native language, she could enjoy communicating in another language just as other people enjoy in communicating in foreign languages.

Quote:
However, I assume you agree with me the deaf will not be offended when Jesus resurrects them without their handicap?

Those in the Deaf community don't view it as a handicap. This is another example of insensitivity. (I should have capitalized it before. "Deaf," as opposed to "deaf," differentiates between someone who is in the community as opposed to someone who cannot hear.

Quote:
T: There will be billions of people present, all of them being individually judged. We're told that each one is made aware of their sins, where they deviated from the right path, and where God tried to reach them. How do you think this happens if not by God's communicating with them mind to mind?

M:Do you think any part of the final judgment will happen verbally or visually? If so, please explain your answer. Thank you.

You didn't answer my question. You didn't even address it. I already answered your question. I answered it, and pointed out that I answered it. Why need I answer it again? Why when I ask you a question to do you not answer it, but instead ask me a question I've already answered?

Quote:
M: Jesus told Ellen that the Father has a form like His. You seem to think the Father’s form is different than Jesus’ form. Why?

T: When she asked a form like Himself, she was asking "a form, like you have a form," not "a form which looks like your form."

M:I believe the Father has a form like Jesus' form.

You mean a human form?

Quote:
I also believe the Father has a form like our form.

You mean a human form?

Quote:
We were made in His image and likeness. I also believe we will be able to sit on our Father's lap and listen to Him tell stories. Does your view of the Father allow you to anticipate sitting on His lap?

How does this fit into our conversation?

I must say I find your view of God's character to be rather schizophrenic. On the one hand, you picture God as One who would have us sin on His lap while telling us stories. This is a rather childish view, but in an endearing way. This isn't a something I've thought of, but I find no fault in it. Certainly God desires that we view Him as our Father, and the activity you're suggesting is a Father-like activity, although one usually considers it in the context of children.

But you also hold to the idea that God will use fire to arbitrarily (as per Webster's primary definition) punish people. These (i.e. these two views of God's character) seem like strange bedfellows.

Re: The Suffering of the Lost [Re: Tom] #123840
03/05/10 05:22 PM
03/05/10 05:22 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
M: “Above the throne is revealed the cross; and like a panoramic view appear the scenes of Adam's temptation and fall, and the successive steps in the great plan of redemption.” Do you interpret this to mean Jesus will levitate the blind above the throne to feel the cross with their hands? And, do you believe the panoramic scenes described above are viewed in their mind rather than viewed in the sky with the naked eye?

T: These scenes wouldn't mean anything to someone who had no context to understand it.

You didn’t answer my question. Please do so. Thank you.

Quote:
4. I believe the radiant light of God’s person and presence will cause the wicked to suffer in proportion to their sinfulness and to die.

T: Why would something physical result in proportional suffering? I don't see how this could happen.

M: Do you believe it is physically impossible for Jesus to accomplish what I said?

T: Yes, provided He acts in harmony with His character.

M: Is it inconsistent with the character of God to be physically present during judgment if doing so results in the wicked suffering and dying?

T: It would be if this were the purpose of His doing so.

Do you think He will be unaware of the fact that His physical presence is causing them to experience unimaginable suffering? If not, what do you think He will feel about it at the time? And, do you think it will cause Him to leave so His physical presence no longer causes them to suffer so? If not, why do you think He remain in the vicinity knowing it is causing them such intense suffering?

Quote:
M: Or, do you think God cannot help what happens to them, that merely being Himself is not inconsistent with His character?

T: You're asking if God's being Himself is inconsistent with His character? Why do you think this is a reasonable question?

M: If so, do you also believe if God’s radiant light caused sinners to suffer and die that it wouldn’t be inconsistent with His character?

T: It would be if this were the purpose of God's being physically present. That is, if God did something with the sole intent of causing suffering and death, that would be contrary to His character. Also this idea misses the spiritual aspects of what's happening. It supposes sin is innocuous.

Just because I believe sin is not what will cause the wicked to die the second death it does not mean I believe sin is harmless or innocuous. You believe being sinful is sufficient in and of itself to cause the wicked to die the second death. But you also believe the fact God is righteous and physically present will cause the wicked to suffer above and beyond what you believe it natural and sufficient to cause them to die the second death. This seems inconsistent with your view of God, that is, to be the reason for such intense suffering which is above and beyond what you believe is natural and sufficient.

Quote:
M: And, do you believe God works now to supernaturally prevent sinners, including evil angels, from suffering and dying in proportion to their sinfulness? Also, do you believe Jesus will have to work to supernaturally prevent the wicked from dying prematurely during the final judgment?

T: God does not permit them to reap the full result of their sin. DA 764.

M: Is your answer equivalent to saying, yes, Jesus will have to supernaturally prevent the wicked from dying prematurely during judgment so that they can live long enough to revisit their sins and participate in vindicating the character and kingdom of God?

T: This seems like a rather odd and forced way of looking at things to me.

Do you totally and completely disagree with every aspect of it? Or, are there parts of it you agree with? If so, please articulate your thoughts. Thank you.

Quote:
T: I believe the law is a transcript of God's character. It reflects God's will in terms of what God wants to happen.

M: If not, do you think God is in contradiction of Himself?

T: My point is that God is not in contradiction with Himself, and because of this it doesn't make sense to speak in terms of God's being "required" to do things because of the law.

M: It sounds like you’re saying since the law is not a sentient being it cannot do anything. I agree. But we both agree God acts in harmony with the just and loving demands as recorded in the law.

T: The law is a transcript of His character. How could He not act in harmony with it? He doesn't lie, steal, kill, or do any of the things mentioned in His law. He acts like Jesus Christ acted, who was the law in human flesh.

You take this for granted; however, one of the purposes of the GC is to confirm it. If God acts in harmony with the law, will everything work out right for everyone?” - that’s the question being decided right now. The answer is still being weighed in the balances. We believe it will play out in God’s favor because we choose to believe Him. In the end, everyone will conclude God’s law is indeed holy, just, and good, and that He is also holy, just, and good for acting in harmony with it.

Quote:
M: Contrary to the demands recorded in the law, however, God is willing and able to forgive and save penitent sinners. On the other hand, though, God is also willing and able to punish and destroy impenitent sinners, which is clearly in harmony with the demands recorded in the law. To avoid scaring the loyal beings and causing a second rebellion, God took the necessary measures to earn the legal and moral right to destroy impenitent sinners, which is precisely what law and justice requires.

T: This is completely circular, MM. You don't see this? Who created the law, MM? Wasn't it God? If God creates a law which tells Him what to do, how is this any different than His doing what He was going to do anyway?

See my response above.

Quote:
M: In the end, everyone, loyal and disloyal, will confess it is right and righteous for God to act in harmony with the requirements of law and justice, namely, to punish and destroy the wicked. I assume you disagree.

T: The law is a transcript of God's character. I've been asking all along how you think it's possible that God would act contrary to His own character. That the wicked will be destroyed and punished is fine, and to suggest that this is in harmony with the demands of the law, or, which is equivalent, God's character, is fine to. Provided we understand God's character, this will lead to a correct understanding, IMO. Where I see a problem is if we think God will use artificial means to destroy and punish, such as setting people on fire. This would be torture, and is contrary to God's character.

Jesus employed fire to destroy thousands of men, women, and children without violating the law or being in contradiction of Himself. There is nothing arbitrary about Jesus executing justice and judgment. In doing so He is merely acting in harmony with the just and loving demands of law and justice.

Quote:
T: 1.Jesus Christ has no desire to destroy. 2.Destruction certainly would not vindicate God's character. Satan is the destroyer. God is the restorer. God's character is vindicated by making this truth known, which the judgment will make clear.

M: I disagree.

T: So you're thinking is the following? 1.Jesus Christ desires to destroy. 2.Destruction vindicates God's character. 3.Satan is the restorer, God is the destroyer. 4.God's character is not vindicated by making known that He is the restorer and Satan is the destroyer.

Yes, to 1 and 2; no to 3 and 4. Jesus desires to do what is right and righteous, no matter how much He wishes circumstances didn’t force Him to punish and destroy unredeemable sinners. And, when Jesus finally destroys the wicked, they will praise Him to doing the right thing.

Page 103 of 105 1 2 101 102 103 104 105

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:39 AM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!