HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,631
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 24
kland 6
Daryl 2
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (Karen Y, Daryl, dedication, TheophilusOne, 1 invisible), 3,678 guests, and 11 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Is the Scapegoat Satan or Jesus ? [Re: dedication] #137888
12/04/11 12:07 PM
12/04/11 12:07 PM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Yes, there are two goats.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: Is the Scapegoat Satan or Jesus ? [Re: Elle] #137903
12/05/11 03:45 PM
12/05/11 03:45 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: Elle
There are 3 goats: #1. the dead goat, #2. alive goat and #3. Azazel.
Three goats! Don't that beat all.

Now that you've said it, I'd like to see you support it.

Re: Is the Scapegoat Satan or Jesus ? [Re: kland] #137916
12/05/11 11:17 PM
12/05/11 11:17 PM
E
Elle  Offline OP
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: kland
Originally Posted By: Elle
There are 3 goats: #1. the dead goat, #2. alive goat and #3. Azazel.
Three goats! Don't that beat all.

Now that you've said it, I'd like to see you support it.

I've been saying this since June -- see post #134586 page 1 of this discussion. And I have repeated it at least 3 times. It seems that I wasn't clear enough. Here is the proof that I have supplied in various form in the past posts.

In Blue -- regular KJV.
[In red]-- incorrect KJV translation.
(In green) -- what the Masoretic text read.

Lev 16:10 "But the goat, on which the lot fell [to be the] (for) Azazel, shall be presented alive before the Lord, to make an atonement with him, and to let him go [for a ] (to) Azazel into the wilderness. "

To translate ...

• a)"to be the" Azazel ... instead of " for" Azazel,
  • b)" for a " Azazel into the wilderness ... instead of "to" Azazel into the wilderness

...a) & b) changes the whole meaning. They have turn the 2nd goat of the sin offering into being Azazel instead of being sent To Azazel. This is how the text erronously appears to have 2 goats when there are actual 3 goats -- 2 for the sin offering(the dead and alive one)both representing Jesus with his two works also represented with the 2 doves in Lev 14 and the 3rd goat is the stout goat or "goat god" called Azazel.

Here is how Scripture4all interlinear translation

In Blue -- regular KJV.
[In purple]-- Scripture4all literal translatin with Strong ref code
In green -- the key words in question that the literal translation by which the Masoretic text accounted for.

Lev 16:10 "But the goat, on which the lot fell over-him (5921) for-goat-of-departure (5799) shall be presented alive before the Lord, to make an atonement with him and to-send-away-of (7971) him (853) to-goat-of-departure (5799) the-wilderness-ward (4057)"

Notice the words in green. I have provided proof below that "goat-of-departure" is not a proper translation for Azazel. The Tenakh and some other translation agrees by translating the word azazel as "Azazel".
Originally Posted By: elle
The Hebrew word “aza’zel” is best translated as “Azazel” and not as “goat of departure”.
  • i) Strong has erroneously defined it as deriving from ‘ez (h5795 – she goat ) and ‘azal (h235 – to go away). azal-ez does not fit together well and does not make up azazel.

• ii)It better derives from ‘azaz (h5810 -- to be stout ) and ‘el (h410 – god) -- fitting together perfectly azaz-el meaning a goat god also known as Pan, by which the Isreaelites where worshipping also in all their high places.

Here’s the Tenakh English translation of Lev 16:10 “10. And the he goat upon which the lot "For Azazel" came up, shall be placed while still alive, before the Lord, to [initiate] atonement upon it, and to send it away to Azazel, into the desert. » (quote and capitalization not added -- from the original Tenakh text. I have added the underline and the color texting. Please take note of the green Text)

Blessings
Re: Is the Scapegoat Satan or Jesus ? [Re: Elle] #137924
12/06/11 02:01 PM
12/06/11 02:01 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
I guess I had thought you were saying the goat went to the goat-god, not to a goat.

But whether it's a goat or a goat god, if being true, it is out in the wilderness and not part of the service. Only two goats are part of the service.

Quote:
The Tenakh and some other translation agrees by translating the word azazel as "Azazel".
I also know you've repeated and emphasized that numerous times and it never has made any sense. Why wouldn't azazel be translated azazel? What's the difference?

Re: Is the Scapegoat Satan or Jesus ? [Re: kland] #137949
12/07/11 01:39 AM
12/07/11 01:39 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Prepositional differences may not always be minor, but in this case, I don't see the difference, to be honest. It's a relatively simple matter of grammar. Each language has its own peculiarities with respect to grammar, and to say someone or something is going "to" something doesn't necessarily indicate a direction nor a destination.

For example, consider the popular phrase "...is going to pot." The "to" doesn't mean that the thing spoken of is on its way to a pot. We use the "to" in that particular phrase because it would sound quite odd to say "...is going pot." On the other hand, for other words, we might ordinarily leave off the preposition, such as for "...is going crazy" or "...is going mad." So the preposition may simply be part and parcel of a particular phrase or concept.

One of the most common mistakes of Asian learners of English is to say "share to." In a sense, it makes sense. When we share, we are giving something to someone, right? But in English, we simply never use the "to," as we have traditionally used "with." So with the phrase "to Azazel" versus "for Azazel," I think it would actually involve a pretty deep linguistic study to be able to arrive at any credible conclusions from such a slight change.

As another example, in Spanish, there are two prepositions which might be translated in English to the word "for."

[John works for his dad.]
Juan trabaja por su padre.
Juan trabaja para su padre.

However, those sentences have different meanings in Spanish, whereas in English they would be ambiguous. The first one in Spanish would say that John works to benefit his dad, which might be at any job and under any employer, whereas the second would say that John works under his dad (his dad is his boss). In English, our preposition "for" is less specific and can apply to both of the above. We would need additional clarification beyond that of the preposition to know which of the above were meant.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: Is the Scapegoat Satan or Jesus ? [Re: kland] #137958
12/07/11 11:09 AM
12/07/11 11:09 AM
E
Elle  Offline OP
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
I guess I had thought you were saying the goat went to the goat-god, not to a goat.

But whether it's a goat or a goat god, if being true, it is out in the wilderness and not part of the service. Only two goats are part of the service.
You are playing with words. We are called to seek truth, for that’s where we will find Jesus.

All 3 goats are in this service.

The wilderness needs to be understood and define according to Biblical definition. Israel was in the wilderness for 40 years before they could enter the promise land. This illustrates the Sanctification work Israel went through before they could inherit the promise. The work of Justification was accomplish at Passover in Egypt for the Israelites and at the cross for the world. Justification is only one work and this work alone does not make us fit to enter the promise land.

The work of Sanctification can be a long work and it happens only in the wilderness before anyone can enter the promise land. God brings us in the wilderness(Hos 2:14) and from there does He teach us and mold us. It is interesting to note that Moses also was in the wilderness for 40 years for his training, and the church has gone 40 Jubilee cycle (also a wilderness journey) to have finally arrive at the door of the promise land.

So all the goats are part of the atonement service and the 3rd goat is as important because it also represents us by which Jesus(2nd goat alive) is sent to to make possible the atonement.

#1 goat – killed -- dead : Jesus 1st coming died on the cross = Justification Work
#2 goat – alive – Alive : Jesus work now in believers & 2nd coming alive to judge the world = Sanctification Work
#3 goat – stout god – goat god : Azazel = Satan and all of us that are stout gods (not submitting to G-d sovereignty)

Quote:
The Tenakh and some other translation agrees by translating the word azazel as "Azazel".
I also know you've repeated and emphasized that numerous times and it never has made any sense. Why wouldn't azazel be translated azazel? What's the difference?
The fact is that most leading translation (KJV, NKJV, NIV, NASB, YLT, WEB, HNV) has translatated it as “scapegoat” and not as “Azazel”. The problem with this translation is it implies the “goat goes away” when it should be the “stout goat”. These meaning are not even close nor similar. It changes the meaning of the text for the reader.

Strong made an error. Strong wasn’t a linguistic nor did he had much Hebrew background. Plus his compilation was done by a team of people that he supervised. All to say, errors are possible under such circumstances.

Blessings
Re: Is the Scapegoat Satan or Jesus ? [Re: Green Cochoa] #137962
12/07/11 03:05 PM
12/07/11 03:05 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: Green Cochoa
For example, consider the popular phrase "...is going to pot."
Thank you. I think I was trying to think of the idea, but couldn't quite come up with it. Well done!

Re: Is the Scapegoat Satan or Jesus ? [Re: Green Cochoa] #138037
12/09/11 11:27 PM
12/09/11 11:27 PM
E
Elle  Offline OP
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
For example, consider the popular phrase "...is going to pot." The "to" doesn't mean that the thing spoken of is on its way to a pot. We use the "to" in that particular phrase because it would sound quite odd to say "...is going pot." On the other hand, for other words, we might ordinarily leave off the preposition, such as for "...is going crazy" or "...is going mad." So the preposition may simply be part and parcel of a particular phrase or concept.

One of the most common mistakes of Asian learners of English is to say "share to." In a sense, it makes sense. When we share, we are giving something to someone, right? But in English, we simply never use the "to," as we have traditionally used "with." So with the phrase "to Azazel" versus "for Azazel," I think it would actually involve a pretty deep linguistic study to be able to arrive at any credible conclusions from such a slight change.

You make no sense Green or should I say "you’re making up a straw man?" (did I say it correctly?)

There’s too much at state for you right now to even go to investigate and bring it to the Lord in prayers. I do know that eventually you will come around. Actually, everyone will for G-d “will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.” I am not the least concern for you nor anyone who reject this today.

Here is what I have brought up as support :

• i) 3 other Bible text that support that the second goat is Jesus and not Azazel.
  • ii) I have brought up very clearly that there is a major difference in calling the 2 nd goat escape goat or goat-of-departure, as opposed to the correct form of having the 2nd goat is to be sent TO Azazel.
  • iii) I have made it clear that there are not 2 goat in this service, but 3
  • iv) I have provided 2 other Bible translation that has it correctly translated and differed from the KJV which I could of brought a third one.
  • v) I brought up proof that Strong defined the word “azaz’el” incorrectly.
  • vi) I have brought up the spiritual meaning of the atonement service which illustrate the two work of Jesus as illustrated with the two doves in Lev 14
  • vii) I have layed up Biblical proof why sin cannot be layed on Satan according to G-d’s laws of liability.

I have other Biblical support to add to this list which I will bring later on.

The purpose of this is the Lord test(try) our faith so to show us our own heart who we really are loyal to.

Blessings
Re: Is the Scapegoat Satan or Jesus ? [Re: Elle] #138038
12/10/11 12:31 AM
12/10/11 12:31 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Elle,

I have studied inspired writings which support my belief, and thus my view is in no danger of changing. I'm not trying to tell you what you should believe, only let you know that I'm standing firmly upon the position I have taken here.

Originally Posted By: Ellen White
It was seen, also, that while the sin offering pointed to Christ as a sacrifice, and the high priest represented Christ as a mediator, the scapegoat typified Satan, the author of sin, upon whom the sins of the truly penitent will finally be placed. When the high priest, by virtue of the blood of the sin offering, removed the sins from the sanctuary, he placed them upon the scapegoat. When Christ, by virtue of His own blood, removes the sins of His people from the heavenly sanctuary at the close of His ministration, He will place them upon Satan, who, in the execution of the judgment, must bear the final penalty. The scapegoat was sent away into a land not inhabited, never to come again into the congregation of Israel. So will Satan be forever banished from the presence of God and His people, and he will be blotted from existence in the final destruction of sin and sinners. {GC 422.2}

The Bible says there were two goats.

Originally Posted By: The Bible
Leviticus
16:8 And Aaron shall cast lots upon the two goats; one lot for the LORD, and the other lot for the scapegoat.
16:9 And Aaron shall bring the goat upon which the LORD'S lot fell, and offer him for a sin offering.
16:10 But the goat, on which the lot fell to be the scapegoat, shall be presented alive before the LORD, to make an atonement with him, and to let him go for a scapegoat into the wilderness.

One represents Christ. One represents Satan. Christ dies first. Satan dies last. Christ dies for our sins. Satan is punished for our sins. The distinction is clear between the two.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

Re: Is the Scapegoat Satan or Jesus ? [Re: Green Cochoa] #138043
12/10/11 08:26 AM
12/10/11 08:26 AM
E
Elle  Offline OP
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Elle,

I have studied inspired writings which support my belief, and thus my view is in no danger of changing. I'm not trying to tell you what you should believe, only let you know that I'm standing firmly upon the position I have taken here.

Originally Posted By: Ellen White
It was seen, also, that while the sin offering pointed to Christ as a sacrifice, and the high priest represented Christ as a mediator, the scapegoat typified Satan, the author of sin, upon whom the sins of the truly penitent will finally be placed. When the high priest, by virtue of the blood of the sin offering, removed the sins from the sanctuary, he placed them upon the scapegoat. When Christ, by virtue of His own blood, removes the sins of His people from the heavenly sanctuary at the close of His ministration, He will place them upon Satan, who, in the execution of the judgment, must bear the final penalty. The scapegoat was sent away into a land not inhabited, never to come again into the congregation of Israel. So will Satan be forever banished from the presence of God and His people, and he will be blotted from existence in the final destruction of sin and sinners. {GC 422.2}

No problem GC. I respect your choice to be loyal to the Church and wanting to take EGW writing to solve a doctrinal matter instead of turning to the word of G-d. However, it is not what Ellen has told us to do. I recommend you watch this video. FP782 - The Great Gulf Joseph Smith vs. Ellen White on the Relation of the Gift of Prophecy

http://betterlifetv.tv/watch_videos_now.php?ProgID=15

The Bible says there were two goats.

Originally Posted By: The Bible
Leviticus
16:8 And Aaron shall cast lots upon the two goats; one lot for the LORD, and the other lot for the scapegoat.
16:9 And Aaron shall bring the goat upon which the LORD'S lot fell, and offer him for a sin offering.
16:10 But the goat, on which the lot fell to be the scapegoat, shall be presented alive before the LORD, to make an atonement with him, and to let him go for a scapegoat into the wilderness.

One represents Christ. One represents Satan. Christ dies first. Satan dies last. Christ dies for our sins. Satan is punished for our sins. The distinction is clear between the two.
Your prefered English Bible translation erronously says there is 2 goats when there are actually 3. I have provided two Bible version with Masoretic text cross reference source as evidence, plus other evidences. I would counsel you to download free scripture4all tool that allows us to quickly verify the accuracy of any words including "to", "from" and etc...

Blessings
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/12/24 10:01 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!