HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,648
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 17
kland 6
Daryl 2
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, TheophilusOne, daylily, 1 invisible), 2,325 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Is the Hell Doctrine depicted in the TYPE (Laws of Moses)? [Re: Mountain Man] #135236
07/18/11 08:37 AM
07/18/11 08:37 AM
E
Elle  Offline OP
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: MountainMan
Yes, it represents Jesus’ sacrifice on our behalf.

Tx for your reply Mike. I’m glad you brought it up because I think you brought a very important starting point. Can we all establish some quick common knowledge first about Jesus sacrifice/death on the cross before we move on to the other points you brought up.

1. Jesus sacrifice & death on the Cross

a. Jesus sacrifice was “ the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for [the sins of] the whole world.” 1Jo 2:2 Do you agree that Christ died for ours and the sins of the whole world?

b. What death did Jesus died on the cross? 1st or 2nd?

c. When we repent we die to sin, and get baptized into his death(Rm 6:3). Then what death do we die when we get baptist? 1st or 2nd?

d. Since Christ didn’t physically burn on the cross, nor did we when we died into Christ death, then could you explain where is the fire?

Blessings
Re: Is the Hell Doctrine depicted in the TYPE (Laws of Moses)? [Re: Elle] #135237
07/18/11 09:36 AM
07/18/11 09:36 AM
NJK Project  Offline
Banned Member
Dedicated Member
Laval, Quebec
Perhaps Elle, my post on The Sacrifice of Christ may be helpful here.

My view on this issue is, on top of Christ enduring a tremendous battle of the will, indeed from Gethsemane, He was suffering the physical and also mental anguish of the Hell Judgement that God will make all of the wicked suffer by supernaturally keeping them alive in the fires of Hell for an individually set time. The “Second Death” is actually a drawn out death, however the end result is “normative” death, with no notion/knowledge/feeling of anything then.

“Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.” Matt 25:45 NJK Project
Re: Is the Hell Doctrine depicted in the TYPE (Laws of Moses)? [Re: Mountain Man] #135318
07/20/11 03:47 PM
07/20/11 03:47 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Originally Posted By: EGW???
Now, if never before we should see that where there is a type there is also an antitype, and that WHERE THERE IS NO TYPE, THERE IS NO TRUTH. 1TG 46:15

Please, can someone tell me where this is found in the writings of EGW? I found it in a sermon by a Davidian SDA minister, but it was his words, not EGW's. "1TG" = Vol. 1, Timely Greetings. Not an EGW publication. See: http://www.shepherds-rod-message.org/1tg/1tg47.html

What am I missing???

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Is the Hell Doctrine depicted in the TYPE (Laws of Moses)? [Re: NJK Project] #135319
07/20/11 04:00 PM
07/20/11 04:00 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Originally Posted By: NJK Project
Perhaps Elle, my post on The Sacrifice of Christ may be helpful here.

My view on this issue is, on top of Christ enduring a tremendous battle of the will, indeed from Gethsemane, He was suffering the physical and also mental anguish of the Hell Judgement that God will make all of the wicked suffer by supernaturally keeping them alive in the fires of Hell for an individually set time. The “Second Death” is actually a drawn out death, however the end result is “normative” death, with no notion/knowledge/feeling of anything then.

Oh - For what purpose would God keep people supernaturally alive to suffer? Punishment? As a warning to future generations that hey, if you break God's law, He will supernaturally burn you alive for as long as you deserve! That will keep people in line. Scared straight! This punishment can't be for the sinner, as they will eventually die. This punishment must be for the living as a warning. frown

This idea violates EGW own comment on punishment.
Originally Posted By: EGW
We are not to regard God as waiting to punish the sinner for his sin. The sinner brings the punishment upon himself. His own actions start a train of circumstances that bring the sure result. Every act of transgression reacts upon the sinner, works in him a change of character, and makes it more easy for him to transgress again. By choosing to sin, men separate themselves from God, cut themselves off from the channel of blessing, and the sure result is ruin and death. {1MR 131.1}
Or are you saying, the sure result is supernatural torture from above? Perhaps I've completely mis-read what you are saying... I hope so.

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Is the Hell Doctrine depicted in the TYPE (Laws of Moses)? [Re: APL] #135321
07/20/11 06:07 PM
07/20/11 06:07 PM
NJK Project  Offline
Banned Member
Dedicated Member
Laval, Quebec
APL, you have indeed completely misread what I said and also what the Biblical & SOP teaching is on the “wrath of God” and “ministry of Wrath” doctrine. Look it up on your own. I have not said at all that ‘God is gleefully waiting to do this to sinner’. This is only your misconstruing. It is God’s strange act and it is indeed, as I theologically understand it, for the benefit of the redeemed, who will continue to be free moral being who can sin in the future if they so choose, who will see what sinning against God justly and naturally deserves; but first and foremost it is to exact the just wrath of God upon sin and sinners. Jesus incurred that wrath for all who accept His sacrifice, but those who reject it will have to incur it upon themselves.

When you will explain how a human being can live for “days” in a lake of fire, then you will have explained away my factually descriptive life sustaining, “supernatural” action here. I have dealt with this issue in detail in this commonly posted in thread (e.g,, Post #131390ff), surprised you missed it, so you can read my views on it there.

“Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.” Matt 25:45 NJK Project
Re: Is the Hell Doctrine depicted in the TYPE (Laws of Moses)? [Re: APL] #135325
07/20/11 10:43 PM
07/20/11 10:43 PM
E
Elle  Offline OP
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: APL
Originally Posted By: EGW???
Now, if never before we should see that where there is a type there is also an antitype, and that WHERE THERE IS NO TYPE, THERE IS NO TRUTH. 1TG 46:15

Please, can someone tell me where this is found in the writings of EGW? I found it in a sermon by a Davidian SDA minister, but it was his words, not EGW's. "1TG" = Vol. 1, Timely Greetings. Not an EGW publication. See: http://www.shepherds-rod-message.org/1tg/1tg47.html

What am I missing???

Tx APL for pointing this out. I ask specifically if this quote was EGW as I couldn't find it also when this quote came out on another forum on Adventist Online . The person that quoted it answered me with a bunch of EGW quotes and then said the following concerning that quote
Originally Posted By: Types and Antitypes by iamrobhualdjr
"This line "Now, if never before we should see that where there is a type there is also an antitype, and that WHERE THERE IS NO TYPE, THERE IS NO TRUTH. 1TG 46:15" is quoted from the Timely Greetings{TG} volume 1.. Timely greetings are one of the messages of the mighty angel that unite his voice with the third..".

So if this is a Sheperd Rod quote then I misunderstood his answer and I wrongly assumed it was from one of EGW publication that is not available online.

So my mistake and I am deeply sorry for misinforming everyone.

Again APL I appreciate for bringing this up as I really do not want to misinformed anyone.

Blessings
Re: Is the Hell Doctrine depicted in the TYPE (Laws of Moses)? [Re: Elle] #135326
07/20/11 11:23 PM
07/20/11 11:23 PM
NJK Project  Offline
Banned Member
Dedicated Member
Laval, Quebec
I can understandly see how you were brought to that wrong assumption Elle. It can and has happened to most people. (Case in point, the widely claimed SDA assumption that the Library of Congress itself had said the Desire of Ages was its best book on the life of Christ - see here).

How, now, does that correction affect your foundational view here of: ‘Law of Moses types being a requirement for all doctrines’?

Re: Is the Hell Doctrine depicted in the TYPE (Laws of Moses)? [Re: NJK Project] #135328
07/21/11 01:53 AM
07/21/11 01:53 AM
E
Elle  Offline OP
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
I can understandly see how you were brought to that wrong assumption Elle. It can and has happened to most people. (Case in point, the widely claimed SDA assumption that the Library of Congress itself had said the Desire of Ages was its best book on the life of Christ - see here).

How, now, does that correction affect your foundational view here of: ‘Law of Moses types being a requirement for all doctrines’?

Nope! smile

I see my link in my post above got messed up. Correct link on Adventist Online here :

Blessings
Re: Is the Hell Doctrine depicted in the TYPE (Laws of Moses)? [Re: Elle] #135336
07/21/11 03:07 AM
07/21/11 03:07 AM
NJK Project  Offline
Banned Member
Dedicated Member
Laval, Quebec
My question actually was “how...”, not ‘does...?’ So it does not affect your view either way??! That does not seem to be exegetically responsible, nor logically sequitur, to me, especially given your topic opening statement which I saw was only theologically plausible because of that assumed EGW statement (it was further odd to me that you were actually quoting the SOP in support):

Originally Posted By: Elle Post #134263
God gaved to mankind ONE TYPE and there’s no other, and it is found in the Pentateuch.
Originally Posted By: egw

I agree with EGW when she said, if there’s no TYPE there’s no truth. So the the TYPE is given to us so we can know the Truth.

Question : Do we have a TYPE in the Law of Moses to backup what we currently assume in regards to “the vast majority to die”? Or in another word, is the Hell fire doctrine Truth? In that doctrine we assumed that the lake of fire is literal? Why shouldn’t it be taken figuratively?

Let’s exercise to search from the foundation where God gave us His truth.

I however did not see that it applied as you had claimed, as “types” are found throughout the Bible and not just in the books of Moses, among my other mentioned reasons in this thread.

So what then/now is your Scriptural or SOP “foundation”/support for that hermeneutical requirement??

Re: Is the Hell Doctrine depicted in the TYPE (Laws of Moses)? [Re: NJK Project] #135342
07/21/11 09:37 AM
07/21/11 09:37 AM
E
Elle  Offline OP
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
My question actually was “how...”, not ‘does...?’ So it does not affect your view either way??! That does not seem to be exegetically responsible, nor logically sequitur, to me, especially given your topic opening statement which I saw was only theologically plausible because of that assumed EGW statement (it was further odd to me that you were actually quoting the SOP in support)

How does it effect my view? ---> absolutly has no effect for it was not my foundation. The Bible is my foundation for all truth. It’s been like this for two years now. I provided that “supposively” EGW quote because most of you take EGW’s words to interpret for you the Bible and is your foundation. I like that quote because it was short, simple and right to the point. However, I wasn’t aware that it wasn’t EGW and that’s what I appologized for saying that it was and misinforming everyone. EGW has provided many others more lenghty ones which I have read on the forums posted by others. I did save up a few, but I don’t want to get into it using EGW to prove or disprove. The Bible is what the Lord has given us and Is sufficient.

This generation and most of all the generations since God spoke at Mt Sinai the Laws to Moses, men has depended on man to tell them what God had said. That’s the biggest flaw with the Israelites even when Moses himself was the man chosen.

There are special blessings to dig for yourself in scriptures and learn to hear God speak to you personally. This is what binds your soul to the Lord – hearing God for yourself. This is what 1Jn 2:27 says ” But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him. This is what people are being robbed from when they depend on second hand teachings.

Now concerning the Laws of Moses to be the foundation of all truth. It always been. I have already provided a short study of it in Post #135199 . There’s much more plus the test of a prophet which is based on the law. What other law is there beside what is given to Moses which we all call “The Laws of Moses”. These are proven LAWS, approved and supported by Jesus Himself, and not mere theories or speeches of prophets that needs to be tested against the Law and views are limited and is spoken to via dark speeches.

Just the fact that it is call LAWs-- it is proof that it is the foundation. And it’s not only the laws that is pronounced at the foot of Sinai or given on the mountain top. The laws are written everywhere in the 5 books of Moses including Genesis. Paul says that the Law(Law of Moses) is Spiritual and we all know that it is prophetic. It is our duty to come to know their spiritual and prophetic meanings so to come to know God's mind and heart in regards to the plan of salvation and how He rules and subdue people in His Kingdom that is soon coming.

Even Jesus used the Law of Moses to teach the disciples for 40 days. He also used the writings of the prophets which are prophetic application of the Law and are not the law itself.

Knowing the Laws of Moses is the most essential foundation we need first before trying to understand the Prophets or other writings. We have neglected that study for we have been taught that these laws are nailed to the cross and is not relevant to us today.

So here we’ve been doubled robbed (1)having man interpret Scriptures (2)deprived of studying the only foundation of all truth.

Blessings
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Meaning of Lazarus and the Rich Man
by dedication. 05/27/24 10:56 PM
What is the Biblical Reckoning of a Day?
by dedication. 05/27/24 01:26 AM
Soul and Body sleep
by Rick H. 05/25/24 09:15 AM
The Flood
by Rick H. 05/25/24 09:12 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/21/24 04:50 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/21/24 02:04 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/28/24 12:05 AM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!