HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,630
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 24
kland 13
Daryl 2
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
Daryl
Daryl
Nova Scotia, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (Karen Y, Daryl, dedication, 2 invisible), 2,986 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 33 of 36 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 36
Re: Did Christ died the 'second death' for us... [Re: geoffm] #135773
08/27/11 04:40 PM
08/27/11 04:40 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Originally Posted By: geoffm
No, if the wages of sin is the first death, and if that is what Christ died, then how come Christians are still dying? If Christ took my place and died for me, I still die the first death, but
not the second death, because that is the death Christ experienced for me. It was not the death of a martyr or a saint, but the death of a liar, an adulterer, a murderer, and everything that is bad, as He took our sin upon Himself, or as Isaiah says, "The Lord hath laid on Him the iniquity of us all." Or as 2 Cor. 5:21 says,
"For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin, that we might be made the righteousness of God in him." No wonder Paul exclaimed, "He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things." Rom. 8:32.

If Jesus literally died the second death - why is He alive and well in heaven?

Re: Did Christ died the 'second death' for us... [Re: geoffm] #135774
08/27/11 04:43 PM
08/27/11 04:43 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Justice not served?
The wages of sin is death.
I can accept Christs death for me and live and justice is served.
If I do not accept Christs death for me, then I have to pay the wages of sin, death myself. In both cases justice is served.

If the first death satisfies justice - why the second resurrection and second death?

Re: Did Christ died the 'second death' for us... [Re: Mountain Man] #135775
08/27/11 04:49 PM
08/27/11 04:49 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Jesus satisfied the just and loving demands of law and justice before He died:

Quote:
Christ did not yield up His life till He had accomplished the work which He came to do, and with His parting breath He exclaimed, "It is finished." John 19:30. The battle had been won. His right hand and His holy arm had gotten Him the victory. As a Conqueror He planted His banner on the eternal heights. Was there not joy among the angels? All heaven triumphed in the Saviour's victory. Satan was defeated, and knew that his kingdom was lost. {DA 758.1}

Re: Did Christ died the 'second death' for us... [Re: Mountain Man] #135848
09/01/11 11:41 AM
09/01/11 11:41 AM
G
geoffm  Offline
Active Member 2012
NSW, Australia
"If Jesus literally died the second death - why is He alive and well in heaven?"

To die the second death is to die cut off from God with no hope of restoration. "It was the burden of sin, the sense of its terrible enormity, of its separation of the soul from God - it was this that broke the heart of the Son of God." SC 10.
The experience of the second death is to die alienated from God without any hope of return.
If Christ did not experience that, then He did not pay the wages of sin.
The fact that Christ is living now is no proof that He did not die that death, "even the death of the cross," the death of one cursed of God, (my mind rebels at the thought) but only a proof of the resurrection. Once a person dies they have no experience,
they don't actually experience eternity separated from God. The only experience the sinner has is having a hopeless death.

Grace be with you, mercy, and peace, from God the Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, in truth and love. 2 John 3.
Re: Did Christ died the 'second death' for us... [Re: geoffm] #135858
09/01/11 09:50 PM
09/01/11 09:50 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Jesus "tasted" and conquered the second death. He did more than die - He lived through it. See quote above.

Re: Did Christ died the 'second death' for us... [Re: Mountain Man] #135869
09/02/11 03:23 AM
09/02/11 03:23 AM
G
geoffm  Offline
Active Member 2012
NSW, Australia
I am just wondering why the question was asked,
"If the first death satisfies justice - why the second resurrection and second death?" since I have tried to stress
that it was the second death that Jesus experienced.

"It was not physical suffering that so quickly ended the life of Christ upon the cross. It was the crushing weight of the sins of the world, that broke his heart. The Father's glory and sustaining presence had left Him; it was this that forced from his lips the anguished cry, "My God, my God, why hast Thou forsaken Me?" {BEcho, August 15, 1892 par. 13}

Grace be with you, mercy, and peace, from God the Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, in truth and love. 2 John 3.
Re: Did Christ died the 'second death' for us... [Re: geoffm] #135874
09/02/11 07:19 PM
09/02/11 07:19 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
I am just wondering why the question was asked,
"If the first death satisfies justice - why the second resurrection and second death?" since I have tried to stress
that it was the second death that Jesus experienced.

"It was not physical suffering that so quickly ended the life of Christ upon the cross. It was the crushing weight of the sins of the world, that broke his heart. The Father's glory and sustaining presence had left Him; it was this that forced from his lips the anguished cry, "My God, my God, why hast Thou forsaken Me?" {BEcho, August 15, 1892 par. 13}

You wrote - "If I do not accept Christs death for me, then I have to pay the wages of sin, death myself. In both cases justice is served." Which death serves justice if you refuse to accept Christ? If not the first death, why not?

Re: Did Christ died the 'second death' for us... [Re: Mountain Man] #135876
09/03/11 01:10 AM
09/03/11 01:10 AM
Daryl  Online Canadian

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
As all die as a consequence or result of sinning, whether repentant or not repentant, it is the 2nd death that pays the penalty for sin, be it our own 2nd death, or Christ's 2nd death on our behalf in which He paid the penalty for our sin.

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Re: Did Christ died the 'second death' for us... [Re: geoffm] #135880
09/03/11 08:21 AM
09/03/11 08:21 AM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Quote:
Elle : God's judgments that He showed us in the Law of Moses are Righteous Judgments based on Mercy which restore the offender by making him pay restitution to the victim.

The punitive Judgment of this WORLD and in the anihilation doctrine does not (1)restore the offender nor does it (2)bring restitution to the victim. Therefore Justice is not served.

geoffm : Justice not served? The wages of sin is death.
I can accept Christs death for me and live and justice is served.
If I do not accept Christs death for me, then I have to pay the wages of sin, death myself. In both cases justice is served.

So you are saying that it is because of your choice you are saved? When you’ll “be in heaven” you can boast that you’ve made it because you chose Christ whereas the other 90% of the population is not because they simply didn’t chose Him. So salvation hinges on your choice. Right? And according to your definition of justice, this is very good.

The law says “An eye for an eye” (Ex. 21:24) -- meaning the judgment imposed by the judge must always fit the crime--no more, no less—though monetary compensation could be made as the equivalent of an eye. The law makes justice the first priority with the purpose (1) to correct the sinner and (2) restore the broken relationship with his victim by RESTITUTION by imposing the law to the offender. So if you steal one dollar, you got to pay two dollars back to the victim(Ex. 21:24). This is Justice.

However, we discards what the law says and replace it with our own ideas saying that stealing even one dollar is punishable by burning/torture in the hell fire until totally anihaliated – your burning & torturing time is in proportion to the amount of your sins.

That is not divine justice as defined in the law. That is only purposeless punishment imposed by carnally-minded men who claim to know better than God the true meaning of justice.

Blessings
Re: Did Christ died the 'second death' for us... [Re: geoffm] #135881
09/03/11 08:40 AM
09/03/11 08:40 AM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Justice not served? The wages of sin is death.

The Wages of Sin is Death
Rom 5 :12 “ Therefore, just as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men, because (hos) all sinned.

It seems to say above that through Adam, sin entered the world—because he was the first sinner. And then death came as a result of sin. Then, as Adam begat children, this death (mortality) spread to them as well—” because all sinned.

This incorrect translation leaves the impression all became mortal because they sinned. So this implies that if they hadn’t sinned, they wouldn’t be mortal. This is incorrect, and it is not what Paul was actually saying.

Concordant Literal Version(CLV) “CLV Ro 5:12 Therefore, even as through one humanman sin entered into the world, and through sin death, and thus death passed through into all =mankind, on (eph) which (hos) all sinned--

The Greek eph hos, means “on which” which equal to “therefore” and doesn’t mean because. So the text is actually saying….”mortality was passed onto all mankind therefore they have all sinned.” In another word, mankind sinned because they are mortal. So mortality is their fatal flaw.

The order of events is this :
1. Adam was created mortal(death-able) Only when God fully indwells in him that man is immortal.
2. Adam sinned = He lost God’s Glory that comes when God fully indwell, therefore Adam revert back to his created mortality state(death-ableness)
3. Thus(eph hos), all His offsprings sinnned because they are mortal(death-able)

So the wages of sin is death, it is not because we sinned that we became mortal. We were already mortal and created mortal from the beginning. DEath is is the natural process of our created state when we do not have the only ONE that has immortality fully dwelling in us. Sinned resulted that we lost God's Glory. It is in that sense that the wages of sin is DEATH.

Here we're talking about the FIRST DEATH, not the second. All man today(except of 2 men) and in the pass has died the FIRST DEATH because we all have not the full indwelling Spirit of God in us. Even Moses died the FIRST DEATH(the wages of sin). And Even Jesus died the FIRST DEATH(He was made mortal(death-able)) and He took the sins of us all, so He may swallow death(mortality) on the cross).

1C 15:54 “ So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal (thnetos, liable to die) shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

It is Christ’s victory/Glory which swallows up death. When Christ will fully indwell in us, his glory will swallow up our mortal state(death). For Adam before he lost God’s glory, it was Christ’s glory that swallowed up death(Adam’s created mortality state) then. Only at His second coming the firstfruits will be the first to have the full indwelling of Christ’s glory in them again as it was with Adam. Until then, because God imposes this on us all, we are unclothed of His glory and remain mortal.

2C 5:4 For we that are in [this] tabernacle do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life.

Blessings
Page 33 of 36 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 36

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:39 AM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!