HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,597
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 14
kland 9
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
Kevin H
Kevin H
New York
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
4 registered members (Karen Y, Daryl, dedication, 1 invisible), 3,182 guests, and 18 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 16 of 18 1 2 14 15 16 17 18
Re: Ellen White & Amalgamation of Man and Beast [Re: Elle] #137109
10/27/11 02:04 PM
10/27/11 02:04 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: Elle

In the OT "Sons of God" is referring to angels like in the book of Job.

No it isn't.

As has been discussed before, if you try to support such an idea as you think Genesis 6 is saying, you have to go to all kind of contortions.

And in the most recent, the others of presented quotes saying "amalgamation" is happening today. Do you say angels are having sex with people today, the beings which do not marry nor give in marriage?

Re: Ellen White & Amalgamation of Man and Beast [Re: kland] #137120
10/28/11 01:35 AM
10/28/11 01:35 AM
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
"Sons of God" --

Luke 3:38
Cainan, which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.

Adam stood at the head of the human race --
he was the representative for this world until he sold out to satan.
The "sons of God" are the representatives from the worlds God created.

In Job
these representives came together before God, and who appears as the one from earth?
None other than the usurper, satan.

Re: Ellen White & Amalgamation of Man and Beast [Re: Elle] #137122
10/28/11 02:40 AM
10/28/11 02:40 AM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Sons and daughters of God is also a term used in scripture to refer to people who accept God as their Father and trust in His salvation.

Re: Ellen White & Amalgamation of Man and Beast [Re: dedication] #137124
10/28/11 03:03 AM
10/28/11 03:03 AM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
The JPS Tanakh Bible (Hebrew-English) translation agrees with the above : Gen 6:1-2 "When men began to increase on earth and daughters were born to them, the divine beings saw how beautiful the daughters of men were and took wives from among those that pleased them."

Also, we have in Ju 1:6 "And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day."

Quite frankly I don't trust that translation.
The MOST OBVIOUS fallacy --
Fallen angels are NOT DIVINE beings to begin with.
Even unfallen angels are not divine beings.

Secondly
Jesus says angels don't marry.

Thirdly
The fallen angels left their first estate and followed lucifer into rebellion before mankind was even created.

However, I also realize that interpretation is quite popular in certain Christain circles. I remember going to a Creation vs evolution seminar once (not by Adventists). The speaker eloquently defended creation, but he also delved into this issue and made it sound quite convincing.
His strong points included the statement that this union produced giants - unnaturally tall, strong people, men of renown, even for that time in history.

Re: Ellen White & Amalgamation of Man and Beast [Re: dedication] #137285
11/05/11 12:48 AM
11/05/11 12:48 AM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: dedication
"Sons of God" --

Luke 3:38
Cainan, which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.

Adam was the only man that was created directly & perfectly -- with no taint of sin -- by God. All of Adams descendents where procreated having the taint of sin. They were not recognized as “sons of God”. They were sons of the fallen man – Adam. The genealogy of Cainan depicts that. Only Adam is said to be a son of G-d, the rest were sons of fallen men.

Angels, like Adam, were a direct creation from G-d – perfect in all aspects -- and therefore where called “sons of God”.

Adam stood at the head of the human race --
he was the representative for this world until he sold out to satan.
The human race was never sold to Satan, nor Adam had any rights to sell himself for he didn't own himself. Man by creation belonged to G-d. And only G-d had the right to sell human race to who ever He desire. However abiding to His own Laws given to Moses, so G-d sold man to his nearest kinsdred which was the earth for man was taken from the earth.

AV Gn 3:17, And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed [is] the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat [of] it all the days of thy life;…(19) In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou [art], and unto dust shalt thou return.

The "sons of God" are the representatives from the worlds God created. In Job
these representives came together before God, and who appears as the one from earth?
None other than the usurper, satan.

At the time of Job, Adam did not stand for the human race for he probably was dead. Probably it was Shem that had been given the authority and fruitful mandate. We do not know if Shem was permitted or capable to present himself to God in heaven. I really doubt it. But we do not know. Satan was not the representative of the earth, nor did God gave him any authority over the earth. I do agree that Satan always tries to have it via his influences whenever God allowed it.

Regardless, the point is up to now scriptures indicates that the “sons of God” are created beings from God directly. We will become “sons of God” after we are changed and re-created having immortality and incorruptibleness.

Blessings
Re: Ellen White & Amalgamation of Man and Beast [Re: dedication] #137286
11/05/11 02:04 AM
11/05/11 02:04 AM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Quite frankly I don't trust that translation.

Are you telling me that you prefer to put all your trust in the KJV or another English translation translated by English speaking scholars who often had no Jewish background nor know how to speak the Hebrew language? FYI. All English translations are not perfect and all have their own mistakes with biases. I am not saying the Tenakh is perfect either, however, the Jewish people do know the Hebrew language and do know the laws and customs and culture and much history which is well inscribed in their beings and philosophy. So I will not put my trust solely in one translation, but rather study the original Hebrew words, and compare the literal translation in Youngs, Concordance and the Tenakh and all it's usage in context with other word studies. All of these with a prayer for Jesus to guide me and teach me the truth is my best I can do.

The MOST OBVIOUS fallacy --
Fallen angels are NOT DIVINE beings to begin with.
Even unfallen angels are not divine beings.

Well just recently in this topic many seem to disagree what is the definition of Christ divinity and what it actually compose of.

Divinity is not a word used in the KJV vocabulary. As far as I know, it is a finite man concept in the attempt to define what we do not fully know nor understand. The closest terminology to the word “divine” the Bible uses that I could think of is “G-d” or other forms of His name. Also there are His many characteristics that are related everywhere by which some of these we all share and we only can speculate that this or that is what make up our “divine” definition by which could be far from the truth.

Besides that we do know that G-d is known as Spirit and celestial by which so does the angels share those characteristics by which we, earthy human beings, don’t share. So basically, the angels shares more “divine” characteristics than human does. Maybe that’s what the Jewish Society were trying to encapsulate in using the “divine” word here. We both do not know unless we further inquire or study further their interpretation elsewhere.

So just because we, modern society Christian people, attempt to define “divine” in a certain way, doesn’t mean that the Jews has define it the same way we did.

Originally Posted By: decication
Secondly
Jesus says angels don't marry.
Like many other texts, we have the ability to distort what actually what Jesus was saying. What you are saying is only a speculation and your interpretation of what you think Jesus is saying. Plus you only have one seemingly Biblical text to back that up. Any truth to be established needs to have at least two texts(witness). I have given another acceptable interpretation of that text in post #122842 here . Which interpretation is true? Mine or yours? Maybe none of ours is, maybe Jesus was meaning something else. The only way to know what is truth is with direct revelation from Jesus Himself(1Jn 2:27). Did you have that revelation? I personally didn’t, so I cannot claim mine as truth either. We are both speculating here until someone get’s it from above.

Thirdly
The fallen angels left their first estate and followed lucifer into rebellion before mankind was even created.
There’s no biblical support nor proof of that! Be careful Dedication, don’t add to the Bible what is not written. I myself have done it many times in the past and I was reprimended by a brother. I am on the path to repent of this. I encourage you to do the same. We both do not want to do this. This is called worshipping Ba’al Peor (The Lord of the gap)-- putting our own interpretation where there's gaps or absence of information.

Jude 1:6 could be referring to the angels falling during the time of the incident of Gen 6. Here is what I could recall what the Bible tells us about the when of the fall of the angels:

#1. Rev 12:1-5 “(1) And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars: (2) And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered. (3) And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads. (4) And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born. (5) And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.”

In this prophecy, the dragon appeared after the woman. Typically a revelation is depicted in chronological order. I will not speculate who is the dragon in it’s specific time here. I am not into studying Daniel/Revelation anymore until I understand the Laws of Moses firmly first.

We understand that the woman is the Church of God on earth which existed ever since Adam and his descendents by which the spiritual blessings of authority and fruitfulness was given to one of his sons and passed on down from generation to generation until Christ was born.

However, the dragon description with the tail taking 1/3 of the angels seems to be after the woman(Adam and sons) and sometimes before she gaved birth to the man child(Jesus). So from this text alone, it doesn’t support your speculation that the third of the angels has fallen before mankind was created. It could be after mankind was created from this text.

#2. Gen 6:3 “And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also 1571 [is] flesh 1320 7683 : yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.” KJV

Notice that man is compare with some other creatures. The speculation that man intermarried with daughter’s of Cain wouldn’t bring a comparison with another creature. The comparison has to be with two different created beings like man & the angels would fit in this comparison. Man with beast would not because of the context of verse 4 which is elaborated next in point #3.

#3. Gen 6:4 NKJ “"There were giants(Nephilim) in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare [children] to them, the same [became] mighty men which [were] of old, men of renown." Gn 6:4

CLV Gn 6:4 “Now the distinguished(Nephilim) come to be in the earth in those days, and, moreover, afterward, coming are those who are sons of the elohim to the daughters of the human, and they bear for them. They are the masters, who are from the eon, mortals with the name.” Concordant literal Version

From reading this passage, we see that (i) the Nephilim seems to be in the earth in those days. I really don’t know who they are. Are they a product of the sons of God crossed with the daughters of men? Or as some interpret it as another name for the angels? (ii) However, the sons of God produced with the daughter of men, mighty men which were men of renown(or great influences). To me this text says that this cross produced something more powerful than the ordinary crosses of man with a woman.
Here the marrying of the daughters of men and the “sons of God”(not animals, not cain decendants, but most likely angels) produced children called “mighty men”. The "giants" are refered in Nu 13:33 De 2:20,21 3:11 1Sa 17:4 2Sa 21:15-22).

Now Dedication, may I see your Biblical texts to support that the angels fell before man was created.

Blessings
Re: Ellen White & Amalgamation of Man and Beast [Re: Elle] #137299
11/06/11 01:16 AM
11/06/11 01:16 AM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Rev. 12:7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
12:8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

Genesis 3:2 And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:
3:3 But of the fruit of the tree which [is] in the midst of the garden, God has said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.
3:4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:
3:5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

That old serpent, the devil, who was cast out of heaven with his angels was at the tree deceiving Eve.

Re: Ellen White & Amalgamation of Man and Beast [Re: dedication] #137324
11/07/11 11:21 AM
11/07/11 11:21 AM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Rev. 12:7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
12:8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

Genesis 3:2 And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:
3:3 But of the fruit of the tree which [is] in the midst of the garden, God has said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.
3:4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:
3:5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

I appreciate the scriptures you’ve provided and the opportunity to study this Dedication. I do not doubt that the devil, Satan had fallen before the incidence of the tree of knowledge. We both agree on that one.
That old serpent, the devil, who was cast out of heaven with his angels was at the tree deceiving Eve.

Be careful, your scriptures provided above does not say nor suggest that they were cast out of heaven before the tree of knowledge. You are adding to scripture.

The texts you provided does not establish the following :

1. that the 1/3 of the angels were all already deceived by the time of the tree of knowledge.
2. that the war in Rev 12:7-9 had taken place before the Tree of Knowledge were presented to A&E
3. that the devil and the angels were already cast out of heaven before the tree of knowledge & A&E.

These three beliefs are all speculation and we have no biblical support to establish that. The following are things that came to mind :

i) Concerning the timing of the war mentioned in Rev 12:7-9, it is mention in Daniel 10:12,13,20,21 that there were a war going on at that time. Is it the same war referring in Rev 12:7-9???

ii) I do not understand the dimension of angels vs. earth affairs regarding spiritual warfare. For sure Paul told us very clearly in Eph 6:12 that the war is not against “flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in heavenly places.” In Daniel 10 it seems to indicate that what happens in heaven is highly connected with the affairs on earth.

iii) We also know that in the time of Job, Satan could go to heaven and present himself. So to me, that strongly suggest that he were not yet cast out.

iv) In Jude, it says that they had left their abode, but that doesn’t mean that they were yet cast out.

v) I do know that there are many battles within a war. And a war can take place over a long period of time. So this war mentioned in Rev 12:7-9 may not be over. Is it a battle within the big war??? I do not know since I really haven’t studied this.

vi) I do know that at Jesus resurrection, there was a great measure of victory that happened. What type of implication it had versus the spiritual warfare that is going on-- ??? Maybe it is at that time that Satan and the fallen angels were cast out of heaven???

vii) Also there’s this question of authority in this warfare. Christ was given “authority to execute judgment, because He is the Son of Man.(John 5:26,27). From what I’m starting to understand, this authority was given to Adam which were past down the line. With this authority, it seems that man had some ability or position to judge the angels that are part of this spiritual warfare by which has its effect on earth. I do not know how much man was aware of this dimension and thus be able to use this authority effectively in the time of the patriarch and before Jesus came. But once this authority was past down to Jesus, He knew what to do with it and finally He could, as a son of man, use it. Maybe that’s how and when Satan and the fallen angels were cast out of heaven???

Blessings
Re: Ellen White & Amalgamation of Man and Beast [Re: Elle] #137326
11/07/11 12:54 PM
11/07/11 12:54 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Now Dedication, may I see your Biblical texts to support that the angels fell before man was created.

Elle, do you reject what Ellen White says on the matter?

Can you provide any Biblical texts which support angel's ability to have sex with anyone let alone with man and produce offspring?

Could good angels sin before they "fell"?

Re: Ellen White & Amalgamation of Man and Beast [Re: kland] #137414
11/10/11 12:38 AM
11/10/11 12:38 AM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: kland

Elle, do you reject what Ellen White says on the matter?

You could be the one that rejects Ellen on this matter. I recommend you watch this video. FP782 - The Great Gulf Joseph Smith vs. Ellen White on the Relation of the Gift of Prophecy

http://betterlifetv.tv/watch_videos_now.php?ProgID=15

Can you provide any Biblical texts which support angel's ability to have sex with anyone let alone with man and produce offspring?

Whether I can prove if angels can have sex or not does not stop me from believing from what the Bible says. You cannot prove that G-d created the world in 6 days, however, because the word of G-d says that He did, we believe it. This is a question of searching for what the word of G-d is simply saying and not going off some tangems about what it is not saying like the amalgamation is between man and beast when it is not even written nor hinted that it is.

We do know that angels can take physical form(Gen.18-219; Mt.1:20; Jn.20:12; Heb.13:2). We do not know to what extend this manifestation can be done.

Could good angels sin before they "fell"?

Fallen and being cast out of heaven is two different things. Man has fallen and we're not cast out of the earth.

G-d chose not to tell us much details of what's the ordeal with the angels. His focuss is on man.

Maybe after the fall, the angels might of been able to continue communing with man just as it was before the fall. We simply do not know those details. We do know that there were two angels garding Eden after the fall of men before the flood. We assume they were visible to the people in that time. But that's another assumption.

I think there is room for assumption or speculation when we seek for truth and to understand deeper scriptures as long as we do not call it truth and stay within the context of the Bible and continue to seek this matter until Jesus reveals it to us.

Blessings
Page 16 of 18 1 2 14 15 16 17 18

Moderator  dedication 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/25/24 09:37 AM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/24/24 02:15 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!