HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,633
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 20
kland 5
Daryl 2
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
4 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, Daryl, 1 invisible), 3,514 guests, and 13 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Lesson #6 (1st Quarter 2012): God the Lawgiver [Re: Mountain Man] #139839
02/17/12 11:15 PM
02/17/12 11:15 PM
asygo  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

5500+ Member
California, USA
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
I wish Tom was here to help. I'm blown away you two believe abiding in Jesus and partaking of the divine nature results in sinning and requires atonement, and that this will continue to be the case until Jesus returns and rewards us with a sinless nature.

The way you state my position is inaccurate. I think your idea of what I am saying doesn't match what I think I'm saying. I try to state things clearly, in a way that's more accurate than the way you say it, but your words still come out the same. There's definitely a breakdown in our communication.

So, don't worry too much about what I believe. Just consider what you think I believe, and know that I don't believe that. I hope that reduces your "blown-away-ness" a bit.

Plus, full righteousness, which involves a completely lack of selfishness, might happen before Jesus returns.

By God's grace,
Arnold

There is no excuse for any one in taking the position that there is no more truth to be revealed, and that all our expositions of Scripture are without an error. The fact that certain doctrines have been held as truth for many years by our people, is not a proof that our ideas are infallible. Age will not make error into truth, and truth can afford to be fair. No true doctrine will lose anything by close investigation. RH 12/20/1892
Reply Quote
Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Re: Lesson #6 (1st Quarter 2012): God the Lawgiver [Re: asygo] #139868
02/18/12 04:22 PM
02/18/12 04:22 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Originally Posted By: asygo
M: You seem to be saying, No, born-again believers are incapable of rendering perfect obedience and righteousness because everything they think, say, and do is stained with sin and selfishness. Or, have I misunderstood your view?

A: When Mary was overshadowed by the Holy Spirit to conceive Jesus, was the result of that union completely and perfectly holy? Or was it mixed with selfishness and corruption?

Let's consider the following insights:

Quote:
Was the human nature of the Son of Mary changed into the divine nature of the Son of God? No; the two natures were mysteriously blended in one person--the man Christ Jesus. In Him dwelt all the fullness of the Godhead bodily. When Christ was crucified, it was His human nature that died. Deity did not sink and die; that would have been impossible. {7ABC 446.2}

Through being partakers of the divine nature we may stand pure and holy and undefiled. The Godhead was not made human, and the human was not deified by the blending together of the two natures. Christ did not possess the same sinful, corrupt, fallen disloyalty we possess, for then He could not be a perfect offering. {3SM 131.1}

The Lord Jesus Christ, when He took humanity upon Him, was not for this reason less perfect. He came in this lowly garb that humanity might reach humanity. He hungered, He thirsted, He was weary and needed rest, He wept tears of sadness, He was "in all points tempted like as we are;" yet He was the divine Son of God. The human and the divine were blended, and those who humbly seek God through Him will be made partakers of the divine nature. {BEcho, September 2, 1895 par. 2}

The divine nature in the person of Christ was not transformed in human nature and the human nature of the Son of man was not changed into the divine nature, but they were mysteriously blended in the Saviour of men. {6MR 112.3}

Christ could have done nothing during His earthly ministry in saving fallen man if the divine had not been blended with the human. The limited capacity of man cannot define this wonderful mystery--the blending the two natures, the divine and the human. It can never be explained. Man must wonder and be silent. And yet man is privileged to be a partaker of the divine nature, and in this way he can to some degree enter into the mystery. This wonderful exhibition of God's love was made on the cross of Calvary. Divinity took the nature of humanity, and for what purpose?--That through the righteousness of Christ humanity might partake of the divine nature. This union of divinity and humanity, which was possible with Christ, is incomprehensible to human minds. The wonderful things to take place in our world--the greatest events of all ages--are incomprehensible to worldly minds; they cannot be explained by human sciences. The powers of heaven shall be shaken. Christ is coming in power and great glory, but His coming is not such a mystery as the things to take place before that event. Man must be a partaker of the divine nature in order to stand in this evil time, when the mysteries of satanic agencies are at work. Only by the divine power united with the human can souls endure through these times of trial. Says Christ, "Without me ye can do nothing." Then there must be far less of self and more of Jesus. {1888 332.1}

The incarnation of Jesus did not alter His divinity or His humanity. The two were mysteriously blended so as to preserve both in tact. What was the nature of Mary's human nature? "When man transgressed the divine law, his nature became evil, and he was in harmony, and not at variance, with Satan. There exists naturally no enmity between sinful man and the originator of sin." {GC 505.2} "He took upon Himself fallen, suffering human nature, degraded and defiled by sin. He took our sorrows, bearing our grief and shame. He endured all the temptations wherewith man is beset." {4BC 1147.4} Notwithstanding the fallen, sinful human nature He took upon His unfallen, sinless divine nature, Jesus "did not possess the same sinful, corrupt, fallen disloyalty we possess". Nevertheless, Jesus was tempted from within in the same way born-again believers are tempted from within, that is, His fallen, sinful flesh nature tempted Him from within with unholy thoughts and feelings. He resolutely resisted them and received no guilt or contamination in the process.

Reply Quote
Re: Lesson #6 (1st Quarter 2012): God the Lawgiver [Re: asygo] #139870
02/18/12 04:25 PM
02/18/12 04:25 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
I wish Tom was here to help. I'm blown away you two believe abiding in Jesus and partaking of the divine nature results in sinning and requires atonement, and that this will continue to be the case until Jesus returns and rewards us with a sinless nature.

The way you state my position is inaccurate. I think your idea of what I am saying doesn't match what I think I'm saying. I try to state things clearly, in a way that's more accurate than the way you say it, but your words still come out the same. There's definitely a breakdown in our communication. So, don't worry too much about what I believe. Just consider what you think I believe, and know that I don't believe that. I hope that reduces your "blown-away-ness" a bit. Plus, full righteousness, which involves a completely lack of selfishness, might happen before Jesus returns.

Thank you. I appreciate you attempting to alleviate my concerns. I hope Tom can serve as a translator. I've asked him to help out.

Reply Quote
Re: Lesson #6 (1st Quarter 2012): God the Lawgiver [Re: Mountain Man] #139926
02/20/12 06:16 AM
02/20/12 06:16 AM
asygo  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

5500+ Member
California, USA
M: You seem to be saying, No, born-again believers are incapable of rendering perfect obedience and righteousness because everything they think, say, and do is stained with sin and selfishness. Or, have I misunderstood your view?

A: When Mary was overshadowed by the Holy Spirit to conceive Jesus, was the result of that union completely and perfectly holy? Or was it mixed with selfishness and corruption?

[SOP quotes removed]
The incarnation of Jesus did not alter His divinity or His humanity. The two were mysteriously blended so as to preserve both in tact. What was the nature of Mary's human nature? "When man transgressed the divine law, his nature became evil, and he was in harmony, and not at variance, with Satan. There exists naturally no enmity between sinful man and the originator of sin." {GC 505.2} "He took upon Himself fallen, suffering human nature, degraded and defiled by sin. He took our sorrows, bearing our grief and shame. He endured all the temptations wherewith man is beset." {4BC 1147.4} Notwithstanding the fallen, sinful human nature He took upon His unfallen, sinless divine nature, Jesus "did not possess the same sinful, corrupt, fallen disloyalty we possess". Nevertheless, Jesus was tempted from within in the same way born-again believers are tempted from within, that is, His fallen, sinful flesh nature tempted Him from within with unholy thoughts and feelings. He resolutely resisted them and received no guilt or contamination in the process.

MM, I'm trying to ask very short, specific questions to avoid confusion. You seem either unable or unwilling to answer plainly. This is one cause of our miscommunication. Let me try to clarify things.

So you are saying that "evil" and "in harmony... with Satan" are accurate descriptions of the product of Mary's work with the Holy Spirit. Is that right?

A Yes or No will do. If you feel the need to elaborate, go ahead, but please do not leave out the Yes or No. Thanks.

By God's grace,
Arnold

There is no excuse for any one in taking the position that there is no more truth to be revealed, and that all our expositions of Scripture are without an error. The fact that certain doctrines have been held as truth for many years by our people, is not a proof that our ideas are infallible. Age will not make error into truth, and truth can afford to be fair. No true doctrine will lose anything by close investigation. RH 12/20/1892
Reply Quote
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/16/24 02:17 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!