HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,641
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 15
kland 6
Daryl 2
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (Karen Y, daylily, dedication), 2,851 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Leukemia help needed [Re: kland] #141891
05/03/12 03:33 PM
05/03/12 03:33 PM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
kland,

The vegans I know who have cancer were eating very healthfully. It is possible that at least one of them you might know, for he is well known in a number of Adventist circles. Prostate cancer in his case, that has metastasized. Sad situation. Very caring and generous man. I've stayed in their home. Their diet was of the most healthful type. Except that it was vegan. That was the only flaw. No sugary desserts. No spices. No caffeine. None of that. No one in the family was overweight. The children are missionary-minded, some even going abroad as EMT's and missionary pilots.

And that is the trend. These vegans who get cancer are often just as surprised about it as all of those who know them well. There is nothing obvious in their diet or lifestyle that one can point to and say, "Aha! That must be the reason." The only "obvious" consideration is that they are vegan.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: Leukemia help needed [Re: Green Cochoa] #141942
05/04/12 02:11 PM
05/04/12 02:11 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
I'm not saying someone who eats healthy can't get cancer. I'm just saying it would be very rare. I'm also saying it is very rare for people to eat healthy. I know very few. I'm sorry, but I have problems accepting what you say as being healthy as past interaction has shown you justify things regarding health.

Somewhat revealing is: "Their diet was of the most healthful type. Except that it was vegan. "

Huh?!

Re: Leukemia help needed [Re: kland] #141953
05/04/12 04:16 PM
05/04/12 04:16 PM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Originally Posted By: kland
I'm not saying someone who eats healthy can't get cancer. I'm just saying it would be very rare. I'm also saying it is very rare for people to eat healthy. I know very few. I'm sorry, but I have problems accepting what you say as being healthy as past interaction has shown you justify things regarding health.

Somewhat revealing is: "Their diet was of the most healthful type. Except that it was vegan. "

Huh?!
As this is diverging from the thread topic, I've started another thread to address this. Leukemia is just one form of cancer, and vegans seem susceptible to multiple forms, not limited to just leukemia.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: Leukemia help needed [Re: Green Cochoa] #142369
05/15/12 09:57 AM
05/15/12 09:57 AM
W
Wendell Slattery  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

Veteran Member
Southern California
For those of you who might wish to understand something of the complexity of fighting cancer, read this short article: Science Daily - PARP-1 Inhibition Fights Cancer

Last edited by Wendell Slattery; 05/15/12 09:57 AM.
Re: Leukemia help needed [Re: Wendell Slattery] #142851
05/25/12 11:29 PM
05/25/12 11:29 PM
W
SDA
Active Member 2024

Veteran Member
Southern California
asygo,

I have some information that your friend with leukemia might be interested in. There is a new discovery that a drug already available might be able to help leukemia. Here is the article about this discovery: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/05/120524123017.htm.

Because this drug is already available, his doctor could try it on him by doing what is called off-label prescribing, meaning that this drug is not licensed for use for leukemia, but because it is FDA approved, the doctor can try it for other things as long as there is a reasonable foundation for doing so. There is such a foundation for this drug because many cancer cells have stem cells that continually renew the cancer even when the cancer cells are dead. But by causing the stem cells to differentiate, it shuts down the cancer source.

This could probably be safely combined with natural methods because the drug does not kill cancer cells, but simply causes the stem cells to mature.

Re: Leukemia help needed [Re: Wendell Slattery] #142861
05/26/12 01:27 AM
05/26/12 01:27 AM
asygo  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2023

5500+ Member
California, USA
Looks very interesting. Thanks.

By God's grace,
Arnold

There is no excuse for any one in taking the position that there is no more truth to be revealed, and that all our expositions of Scripture are without an error. The fact that certain doctrines have been held as truth for many years by our people, is not a proof that our ideas are infallible. Age will not make error into truth, and truth can afford to be fair. No true doctrine will lose anything by close investigation. RH 12/20/1892
Re: Leukemia help needed [Re: asygo] #142987
05/31/12 06:00 PM
05/31/12 06:00 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
That's sure scary! But not unexpected. It might be of benefit against the stem cells in this case, but here is very strong support for the idea that drugs are given for one purpose, and suddenly there are drastic side affects no one knows about until later, and not even related to the intended purpose. While this may eliminate cancer stem cells, what other, as yet unknown, harm is it doing?

Just goes to show, all drugs harm. There may be temporary real or supposed benefits, but in the long run, they cause harm.

Re: Leukemia help needed [Re: kland] #143025
06/02/12 12:07 AM
06/02/12 12:07 AM
asygo  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2023

5500+ Member
California, USA
I believe that unless God provided it in Eden, it's probably not the best thing for us. However, like vegetables, there may be some things that were not in the original plan but could temporarily help us in our degenerated condition. While I avoid drugs of any kind, usually opting for hydrotherapy and other such measures, there may be cases where a drug could help one "get over the hump" so that the body can survive long enough for natural remedies to work. But such options should be looked at as very temporary treatments.

By God's grace,
Arnold

There is no excuse for any one in taking the position that there is no more truth to be revealed, and that all our expositions of Scripture are without an error. The fact that certain doctrines have been held as truth for many years by our people, is not a proof that our ideas are infallible. Age will not make error into truth, and truth can afford to be fair. No true doctrine will lose anything by close investigation. RH 12/20/1892
Re: Leukemia help needed [Re: asygo] #143030
06/02/12 06:30 AM
06/02/12 06:30 AM
W
SDA
Active Member 2024

Veteran Member
Southern California
Depending on the dose given, the most prominent side effect of this would probably be depression, assuming that the drug was able to cross the blood brain barrier. If it could not cross it, my guess is that this would not likely be noticed at the time it was given.

Re: Leukemia help needed [Re: asygo] #143073
06/04/12 04:06 PM
06/04/12 04:06 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: asygo
However, like vegetables, there may be some things that were not in the original plan

Perhaps you are one who is able to support the claim?

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator  Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/21/24 04:50 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/21/24 02:04 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by kland. 05/17/24 04:47 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!