HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,632
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 20
kland 5
Daryl 2
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
4 registered members (Daryl, Karen Y, dedication, Kevin H), 3,417 guests, and 10 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Please share miraculous answers to prayer here. #142024
05/05/12 09:25 PM
05/05/12 09:25 PM
jamesonofthunder  Offline OP
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
After being led to Christ and the Sabbath I have had amazing answers to prayer and I would love to hear what God has done for all of you in answer to prayers here.

Please present only truth here, no taunts and no instigation please.

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: Please share miraculous answers to prayer here. [Re: jamesonofthunder] #142028
05/05/12 10:28 PM
05/05/12 10:28 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
I will get the proverbial ball rolling.

After conversion my heart was continually receiving answers to prayer for scriptural insight but when I awoke from sleep and found my expensive mountain Bike was stolen, I got very discouraged and prayed in frustration not even expecting an answer truthfully.

I was so upset because I had not yet purchased a car having been on the road so many years I did not need one, only using my bike when I came home, but now that I had given up touring I needed that mountain bike more than ever.

I continued to let this upset me until I was so frustrated I began to cry, "why did you let this happen God?" And to my surprise and shock I heard the Still small voice which had led me to Sabbath and Baptism in Christ say very loudly "Stop your crying and get up". So I did. He said "pull yourself together" and these words had the effect of stopping my pain, then He said "Go look for your property".

So I walked outside and began to pray that the Holy Spirit guide me right to my bike. When I got to the end of my block He said "turn right" so I did. and just three blocks away while walking over the bridge coming into Fairbanks I felt impressed to look to the right beyond the bridge like my eyes were guided right to a particular spot and He said "This is where you will find your bike". Excitedly I ran over the bridge and to that spot but found nothing, no tracks nothing.

I looked and looked and felt very embarrassed and said out loud "great, I'm listening to a voice that does not tell the truth". Then I felt a wave of sadness come over me like I had offended God through denying the Still Small voice. Then I said in my heart "please forgive me, but you said it would be here". He said "keep looking", and I said in my heart "but I've looked everywhere" and He said, "Keep walking and keep looking" and I found this very strange but did not want to offend God again so I started walking.

After about ten miles I came to another bridge and there was a woman with her daughter standing there looking over the edge, while crying and holding her injured arm with a blood soaked bandage on it.

I felt impressed to ask if they needed assistance though I did this halfheartedly because I wanted to find my bike. But the presence of God in my heart impelled me to ask "are you OK?" She said "could you help me?" and told me how she was riding her bike on the bridge and bumped her arm really hard on the hand rail and it tore her arm and ripped her great grand fathers watch off her arm. Since the watch was an antique, one of the first self winding inertia watches given to her great grandpa by Albert Einstein I could see why she was crying and she told me of the wrath she was going to get from her husband.

Her daughter looked frightened for her so I said "sure I'll help" and took off my shoes to wade into the freezing cold slew below.

There was over a hundred years of garbage and sharp objects at the bottom and it was up to my waist so I had to very careful. After a while my feet were going numb from the cold and I could see she was getting very discouraged. She finally said "thanks for your help, I have to go to work" and she was about to leave when I said "but how will I get the watch to you when I find it?" And she bemusedly said "I read the classifieds every day, put it in the 'lost & found' and I'll see it" and went her way.

After another bout of suffering the cold I was praying "Lord, I know you sent me here to help her, please help me find it for your glory and her peace". But I could not longer feel my feet and could sense hypothermia setting in so I got out of the water and looked more on the slope on my way out of the slew.

As I was putting my shoes on still praying for guidance a group of what appeared to be a family of tourists walked right up to me
and asked in a foreign accent "what were you doing in the stream?" I felt compelled to share the whole story to that point and concluded by saying "but I'm getting discouraged and about to give up".

They all excitedly said in unison "DON"T GET DISCOURAGED!" and they surrounded me to lay hands on me. After they prayed the little boy in the group said "HERE IT IS!" And he handed me the watch in two pieces, the body with the torn band, and the crystal.

The impact of her arm while traveling so fast down the hill to the bridge tore a large chunk of her skin off and it was holding the watch up under the end cap of the hand rail.

I looked at the hands on the watch fearing they would have been damaged in the impact exposed to the violence but there was not one scratch.

I cleaned it off and put the crystal on top and pushed and it went 'pop'. I raised it to my ear and heard the ticking and saw the movement and I raised it high over my head and exclaimed "Praise God, I'm going to find my bike" and the whole family in unison again said "praise God". I thanked them and ran all the way home to call the news paper.

Days later I received a phone call, it was the woman. She was so excited she couldn't contain herself, crying and pleading with me to tell her the truth. I said it's here and it's perfectly OK except the leather band that was torn and she started crying hysterically and said "I'll call you back". She hung up and called me right back saying "I wanted to make sure I had your number" which seemed totally illogical to me at the time but anyways...

I told her I had not yet found my bicycle and she said her husband was till out of town and she hoped to get it back before he arrived. I said if I can get it to you I will, and took her address and of course she insisted I gave her mine.

Later I was walking, and as I was traveling over the first bridge that the Holy Spirit had directed me that I would find my bike there, I looked at the spot I had been disappointed so many times before, I saw in the exact spot a bicycle. I started to run to that location, not even realizing there were three very rough looking drunken Eskimos standing there. The closer I got the more I could tell this was my bike.

When I got to the site I grabbed my bike and pulled it behind me and was empowered to state "In the name of Jesus Christ I claim my property back". One of the men ran away like he had seen a ghost. The largest and toughest looking one looked like he was going to pee himself and wanted to leave but couldn't.

The smallest of the three got right in my face like a demon and shouted "That's my bike". I was not afraid at all and said "well if you have a complaint why don't you follow me to the phone, and we'll let the police sort it out", and he followed me over a half a mile to a pay phone and waited there for over 30 minutes while waiting for the police.

The lady officer that arrived listened to his complaint then said "well what do you have to say?" And I felt compelled to tell her the whole story. She looked spell bound as I concluded that I had inscribed in three places the star of David as a mark. Two of the places were scratched off but the one on the sprocket was still there.

She said "In all my years as a police officer in this little town I have never seen or heard of anyone getting their property back let alone anyone with this awesome of a story behind it." She said "I've got good news and bad news, the good news is I have no doubt this is your lost bicycle, but the bad news is I have to take the bike with me so we can prosecute him", and she grabbed him and put him in handcuffs. He started to cry.

I prayed in my heart again and felt convicted to say "I do not wish to prosecute, but you should look to see if he has warrants". She rolled her eyes like saying why didn't I think if that and as soon as she did, he was wanted for several offenses related to theft.

I rode my bike to that woman's house twenty plus miles away with a bible and a Great controversy paper back. She was on her knees in gratitude as if I was an angel. I got on my knees with her and thanked the Father for her and then left.

I never heard from her again, but I can tell you that sharing this testimony, one of hundreds the Lord has given me has blessed so many people.

This is why I am certain that our sharing of these situations will strengthen each others faith. I'll share other experiences later.

Please share yours. In in the name of Christ our Lord, amen.

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: Please share miraculous answers to prayer here. [Re: jamesonofthunder] #142304
05/11/12 10:07 PM
05/11/12 10:07 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Here is another more recent event.

My wife and I went to Arizona to visit my mother and step father for 10 days in January.

While there my mom gave us her $57,000 Lexus to drive to Tucson and meet our friend who was having his 90th Birthday. I'm telling you the moment we got onto the highway from Mesa to go down to Tucson the Holy Spirit was warning me that the devil wanted to do damage to me and my wife. This was a strong warning so I was praying continually for help and protection.

When we first arrived in Tucson this 7o year old boy pulls next to us at a light and was flipping me the bird like I did something against him but had no clue what it was. He pulled around us challenging to unlawfully go around us inside the turn lane that I had right of way on. As I puuled forward he pulled behind us and he poured on the power behind his 68 GTO. Lighting up the tires to pass up on the left he looked at me with rage in his eyes, then I saw his face turn white as he slammed on the brakes to avoid hitting someone stopped right in front of him narrowly averting the destruction of his play toy and possibly his life.

I thought this must be what God was warning me about but the Holy Spirit was still prompting me to be warned.

The next day we were on our way back to Mesa and I wanted to wash the car so we looked for a car wash near my moms winter home.

The Holy Spirit was warning me so intensely saying "Satan is after you most earnestly" and I feared being in an accident so I continued to pray unceasingly for protection.

All of the sudden the GPS strangely went out and we could not find the turn for where we were going. When I realized I had just missed the turn I turned around and in the intersection that I had just passed through were two brand new cars smoking in a heap of an accident that just happened in the spot that I should have turned at.

We were very shaken but thanking God that He prevented us from being hit by the person who just ran a stop light, but the Holy Spirit would not let up.

We found the car wash and spent 20 minutes cleaning my moms baby. As we were leaving the car wash the Holy Spirit was screaming to be careful. I was sharing all of this with my wife and pulled out onto the busy street.

At the next intersection we stopped behind four cars in our lane. The road we were on had 3 lanes in each direction and we were in the furthest to the left but not in the turn lane. The two lanes to our right had fewer cars lined up waiting for the light.

I looked into my rear view mirror and saw a mini van barreling towards us in our lane at 60 miles per hour and not even slowing down. I looked at my wife and said "they aren't even slowing down" and feared that she was turning around to look. Just then the driver of that van veered around us and slammed into the car to our right pushing him out into oncoming traffic.

I know without a shadow of doubt an angel protected us.

Re: Please share miraculous answers to prayer here. [Re: jamesonofthunder] #142306
05/11/12 10:39 PM
05/11/12 10:39 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Just after my conversion in Alaska I was baby sitting my nephew and his brothers and sister at my brothers Four-plex. The neighbor kids were also out in the field next to my brothers place and the Holy Spirit drew my attention to one of those kids who had a child size real golf club in her hand.

She was swinging the golf club at dandelion heads making them "Poof". Just then her little brother who was a toddler came from behind her and reached down into the grass to pick something up putting his head directly into the path of her next swing.

Before I could get the words out trying to scream for her to stop, she swung the club...

I was helpless and terrified but right then in the path of her full swing, between the head of her brother and the advancing club I saw an angelic flash of glory deflect the club around the head of her brother and let it continue through the swing.

This 5 year old girl looked down and saw her brothers head right there and must have assumed she hit him, who was totally oblivious that any such thing had happened.

She was immediately seized with terror, more than I, and she threw club down and went into her home screaming that she killed her brother and crying so hard, that her mother came running out of their house half naked and trembling. When she realized nothing was wrong with him, she started to cry and they all hugged the brother with release and I got to share with them what had happened. I know it made an effect on their hearts.

Re: Please share miraculous answers to prayer here. [Re: jamesonofthunder] #142609
05/19/12 12:05 PM
05/19/12 12:05 PM
G
geoffm  Offline
Active Member 2012
NSW, Australia
Thanks for the opportunity to share in this topic. We are encouraged to "often review the precious chapters in our experience." I will just share one.

Years ago I was a self employed bricklayer just working on my own. It was winter time and there was not much work. This Wednesday morning there was no money left and very little food in the house.
I asked the Lord to help me seek first His kingdom and His righteoussness, so that He could supply our need as He had promised.
That afternoon a lady phoned and said a job I had quoted on was ready and I could start the next day. As soon as I arrived the next morning she came out to me saying, "Here is the money, I want you to take it before I spend it."
No one ever pays before you start the job, if you get paid at the end you think you are well off. Just reminds me of the statement, "The Lord has a thousand ways of which we know nothing, to supply our needs."
I have known Jesus as my Friend and Saviour since I was a little boy, and can truly say He has been the Rock in my life.

Grace be with you, mercy, and peace, from God the Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, in truth and love. 2 John 3.
Re: Please share miraculous answers to prayer here. [Re: geoffm] #142617
05/19/12 04:13 PM
05/19/12 04:13 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Very nice...Praise God

Re: Please share miraculous answers to prayer here. [Re: jamesonofthunder] #142660
05/20/12 11:30 AM
05/20/12 11:30 AM
G
geoffm  Offline
Active Member 2012
NSW, Australia
Yes, we have an awesome God.
Some years later friends phoned and said they had been praying for us and felt that we should move. I said thankyou, the Lord has impressed us the same way. We found an Adventist school in another part of the state and a block of land nearby. But we could not sell. But then at Camp meeting a voice as clear as an audible voice said, "Move to Glen Huon." Because we had not been able to sell, we were looking for a place to rent, but could not find anything.
That's when close friends said we had better come and live in their triple garage, so we did. They had two boys, just a little older than ours.
Three months later the mother took sick and died. Only God could have known that and arranged for someone to be there for this little motherless family in the bush. And six months later the school we had intended to go to shut down.
Like Paul said, "For this cause I bow my knees before the Father..."

Grace be with you, mercy, and peace, from God the Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, in truth and love. 2 John 3.
Re: Please share miraculous answers to prayer here. [Re: geoffm] #142689
05/21/12 02:57 PM
05/21/12 02:57 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
The school you moved near closed?

I will pray for you, do you need specific prayer? If so share OK? You can private message

God bless you, I hope you're not still living in a garage.

:{

Re: Please share miraculous answers to prayer here. [Re: jamesonofthunder] #142723
05/21/12 11:37 PM
05/21/12 11:37 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
I've shared this one before but it's a good one.

I was reading Lessons on Faith By Jones and Waggoner and while contemplating one of the lessons I felt the Holy Spirit move and overshadow me and like always this amazingly peaceful state settles in on my heart.

After laying there enraptured by peace I heard the still small voice say "What would you have of Me?" And I prayed for all of the righteous things that Solomon asked for.

Then He asked again, "what would you have of me?" and I asked for my Father to be able to retire, For my Brother to get out of jail, and for my dad to have better health.

And still after all the things I could bring to mind for others He asked "What would YOU have of me?"

So I though about it and poured out my heart that I might Have a wife, and then to be completely out of debt and have a house paid off.

I fell asleep in this peaceful state.

I woke in the morning to the phone ringing. I was my moms Husband who had never called me before nor since. He said "how much money did you get into debt starting you smoothie shop ministry?" I told him and he said I'll send you a check.

An hour later my father called and said "I just found out I'll be inheriting a bunch of money from your grandmother so now I can retire!" and I immediately notice his voice sounded better than last time we talked and I asked, and he said "Yeah since the doctor gave me new medicine this morning I feel so much better.

I went to work and my Father called me again and said "well it looks like they are going to release your brother early".

I was praising God and expecting a beautiful woman to walk into my store and tell me how much she liked me by the way the day was turning out. That afternoon I received an email from a friend telling me I should check out 'Adventist Christian Singles'.

I was not trying to fulfill the prayer by checking it out just following the Spirits leading...the first woman that I met that night, out of the 50 I talked with, turned out to be my perfect match and we were married two years later.

Then I had one of those wonderful blissful moments again and I reminded God that I had prayed for a house also... five days later my mom calls and says "Does Mel like the house you are renting"? and I said "yeah it's the perfect house for us", and she said OK it's yours and she gave us the house.

So now everything I asked for has been given for me and my wife to be debt free and in peace. I and my wife have never been happier, like we've never known before. Thank you Father.

Re: Please share miraculous answers to prayer here. [Re: jamesonofthunder] #142823
05/25/12 08:05 AM
05/25/12 08:05 AM
G
geoffm  Offline
Active Member 2012
NSW, Australia
Thanks for your wonderful story. Nothings impossible with Him.
No, we are not still living in a garage. We built 2 houses after that but then had the distinct impression it was time to move again. I went to the real estate agent, but he said he already had enough houses on his books for two years. He still agreed to list our place, even though sales were very slow. From there I booked a passage on the boat out of Tasmania, for six weeks time. The proceedings of our house sale came through three days before we left.
Years later the Lord made it clear it was time to move again. People said, "What are you going to live? I said I did not know. I only knew God said to Abraham, you get going to a land I will show you. We virtually had no money and no proper job to go to, but we ended up in God's providence, living in the top two floors of a three story, $2 million waterfront mansion, with the use of a boat. We were there five years. We are more at home now in a modest cottage on the edge of the bush.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/15/24 09:27 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!