HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,629
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 24
kland 13
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, Nadi, 3 invisible), 3,062 guests, and 9 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
New discussion form - Medical-Technical Institute #144239
07/24/12 07:23 PM
07/24/12 07:23 PM
C
Charity  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
This is to draw reader's attention to this new forum http://www.maritime-sda-online.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=144197#Post144197. The first post reads:
Quote:
Greetings Brothers and Sisters;

I have a vision/burden to start a Madison-College-type institution here in southern West Virginia. In looking over what’s been done in the past and what is being done now, I see a need for an institution where medical-missionary training is combined with modern agriculture, craftsmanship/trades, and manufacturing/technology. In Adventism, Madison came the closest to the blueprint laid out by Ellen White. Since Madison, others have attempted to replicate that model and some have accomplished a lot of good, but no one has succeeded in creating a cutting edge program where the latest technology, technical skills, craftsmanship and manufacturing are effectively combined with the medical/evangelistic mission of the church.

Over the last few years a number of like-minded families and individuals have re-located to the area where I live in southern West Virginia and the Lord is prompting/prodding us to move forward. We meet for weekly for planning sessions and prayer meetings but haven’t formally organized yet. Several of us have taken the first steps in acquiring land and some have bought or built country homes, planted small orchards, built greenhouses and gardens and are setting up hydrotherapy rooms. We’re working in co-operation with the local conference. The members of our group include the leadership of the local Beckley SDA Church.

In order to continue pushing forward we'd like to broaden our constituency as much as possible. The forum is to be a vehicle for brainstorming, planning, making introductions, sharing, getting to know each other, attracting and assessing talent, assets and technology etc. If you would like to be involved in some way and/or have any suggestions please feel free to participate here and/or contact me directly at 304 660-8530 or email me at mark.shipowick@gmail.com.

Special thanks to Daryl and the administration for making this venue available.

Mark Shipowick

More will follow on possible legal structures etc, who is currently on board, who's interested etc. Feel free to comment, question, fellowship and enjoy. Hope to see you there.

Re: New discussion form - Medical-Technical Institute [Re: Charity] #144451
08/08/12 04:08 AM
08/08/12 04:08 AM
jamesonofthunder  Offline
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Sounds wonderful Brother Mark, are you a doctor or nurse practitioner? I love that this is your passion. I admire your courage to move forward. My passion is also the health ministry.

I pray you are not encumbered by the same difficulties that has beset Wiemar and other Adventist health ministries. They attracted a lot of 'run to the hills' minded families who were fanatically on the fringe of our faith, so the repercussions were felt by the church. Then to correct the situation they disassociated themselves from their past supporters and become commercialized or fanatical.

Country living is wonderfully therapeutic.

The best of both worlds is to have a ministry in town to garner clients, then bring them to where you live and treat people in need of healing, out of town.

Also be careful how you connect your ministry to the church. Nothing seems to get done when controlled by the hierarchy of our church. Let them come to you. Independent Seventh Day Adventist Ministries are the most effective outreach you can get in America this day and age to bring souls to Christ through the SDA church which has become totally ineffective here. (Use Amazing Facts as a model for independent ministry while remaining loyal)

I asked for help to advertise through our church, for some help to get things set up from our conference for the smoothie shop ministry God gave me a vision for. The result? No one skilled showed up to help do the build out after 20 people promised, the brother from church who I HIRED to do the painting got half way through, and without telling me disappeared with all the payment. Then after I had set up shop and did all the work myself, the leaders who originally said they would help me, tried to steal my smoothie recipes (and names) to set up their own shop (with coffee) in the sanctuary of the EDGE Christian center, without EVER even consulting me. Ouch.

I do forgive, but the lessons learned are never forgotten.

I rejoice in the outcome as a sign of God's will because more people were brought to the Lord in my smoothie shop than all of the ministries in Minneapolis combined in those three years using less than a $40k investment. But only one pastor (full time employed) would meet with those recent converts 40 miles out of town, and only 7 were baptized, but through other minsters. Shame.

If you're reading this Pastor Gene, thank you for what you did for them.

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: New discussion form - Medical-Technical Institute [Re: jamesonofthunder] #144452
08/08/12 06:04 AM
08/08/12 06:04 AM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Do you have lots of pure soft water available there through wells? What's your soil like?

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: New discussion form - Medical-Technical Institute [Re: jamesonofthunder] #144453
08/08/12 06:29 AM
08/08/12 06:29 AM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
I went to the USGS NAWQA site and found your well water there is pretty good unless in the areas with high arsenic. You have low hardness which is key in my book for comfort. You have low Radon also.

You should check it out.

http://water.usgs.gov/nawqa/studies/domestic_wells/

Have you ever noticed God led Mrs White to set up shop wherever there was good water?

It is essential for therapeutic purposes.

I live where the city meets the country just down stream and next to the headwaters of the Mississippi and our towns water treatment plant is the best rated plant in Minnesota ten years running, so in the hard water Midwest, we are where water is as good as it gets.

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:39 AM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!