HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,630
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 24
kland 13
Daryl 2
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
2 registered members (Karen Y, Daryl), 2,880 guests, and 12 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 20 of 25 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 24 25
Re: "How to attain Christian perfection" [Re: James Saptenno] #146068
10/20/12 03:45 PM
10/20/12 03:45 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
1. Paul said the "Spirit empowered him to overcome sin and be freed of it power . . . when he follows the Spirit . . . [nevertheless] sinning is inevitable." Not sinning is a reality while abiding in Jesus. "Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not." "Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh."

2. "I knew that Paul’s life is not of a sinless perfect life since the day of his newborn." Only Jesus lived a perfect, sinless life from birth to death. People live without sinning only while they are abiding in Jesus.

3. ". . . believers are saved by the grace of God as a gift, not as a reward for his efforts to live a sinless perfect life with the combine power of the Spirit, which when this is the target of believers, they will overruled Christ works on the cross and made it useless." Amen. We are saved based solely on what Jesus did and does for us. "Righteousness and true holiness," the fruit of the Spirit, does not serve to save us. However, refusing or neglecting to abide in Jesus results in sinning and prevents Jesus from being able to save us.

Re: "How to attain Christian perfection" [Re: Mountain Man] #146079
10/20/12 09:02 PM
10/20/12 09:02 PM
Daryl  Online Canadian

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Shouldn't our focus then be on abiding in Jesus, not on whether or not we are sinning?

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Re: "How to attain Christian perfection" [Re: James Saptenno] #146085
10/20/12 10:00 PM
10/20/12 10:00 PM
jamesonofthunder  Offline OP
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Originally Posted By: James Saptenno

Combining 1 Tim. 1:15 & Romans 7:7-25, I found out that even Paul did not live a sinless perfect life eversince his newborn day.

Verse 25: 21st KJV.
I thank God — through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin.

Thank God! Jesus Christ will rescue me.
So with my mind I serve the Law of God, although my selfish desires make me serve the law of sin. (CEV).

I like this version, giving a better view of what Paul meant.

Both thing happened in him, the war between sin that dwelt in him and the Spirit.

You're thanking God that you believe that Paul was still sinning after conversion? What is this? Are you for real?

Paul was not speaking for himself, he was speaking hypothetically, saying in essence IF he was sinning.

In verse 24 of that same chapter (Roman 7) just before what you quoted he says "Wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death?" Then he says in answer to this question in verse 25 was "I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord".

It is hypothetical because he had already been delivered from the death by accepting Christ Jesus.

He was speaking sympathetically for men who have not been delivered from sin.

Paul is one of the most intellectual men who wrote in scripture and what he says is very hard to comprehend says Peter. What makes you thank God even if he was sinning? Does it make you feel better that someone else falls to sin? This is very disturbing.

If Paul was still considering himself losing to battle of the warring flesh why would he write this at the beginning of that Chapter?

Romans 1(ASV)
1 Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated (sanctified/ Holy) unto the gospel of God,

2 which he promised afore through his prophets in the holy scriptures,

3 concerning his Son, who was born of the seed of David according to the flesh,

4 who was declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead; even Jesus Christ our Lord,

5 through whom we received grace and apostleship, unto obedience of faith among all the nations, for his name's sake;

6 among whom are ye also called to be Jesus Christ's:

7 To all that are in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Oh, but Paul was still getting a little on the side right? God says it's OK to serve Him and go out and party after the Sabbath right? As long as he differentiates when he is in the mind of Christ and when he is being slave to sin it's ok?

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: "How to attain Christian perfection" [Re: jamesonofthunder] #146088
10/20/12 10:29 PM
10/20/12 10:29 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
HOW TO ATTAIN CHRISTIAN PERFECTION;

"Enoch walked with God three hundred years previous to his translation to heaven, and the state of the world was not then more favorable for the perfection of Christian character than it is today. And how did Enoch walk with God? He educated his mind and heart to ever feel that he was in the presence of God, and when in perplexity his prayers would ascend to God to keep him. {LDE 71.1}
He refused to take any course that would offend his God. He kept the Lord continually before him. He would pray, “Teach me Thy way, that I may not err. What is Thy pleasure concerning me? What shall I do to honor Thee, my God?” Thus he was constantly shaping his way and course in accordance with God’s commandments, and he had perfect confidence and trust in his heavenly Father, that He would help him. He had no thought or will of his own. It was all submerged in the will of his Father. {LDE 71.2}
Now Enoch was a representative of those who will be upon the earth when Christ shall come, who will be translated to heaven without seeing death.—Sermons and Talks 1, 32 (1886). {LDE 71.3}
Enoch had temptations as well as we. He was surrounded with society no more friendly to righteousness than is that which surrounds us. The atmosphere he breathed was tainted with sin and corruption the same as ours, yet he lived a life of holiness. He was unsullied with the prevailing sins of the age in which he lived. So may we remain pure and uncorrupted."—Testimonies for the Church 2:122 (1868). {LDE 71.4}

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: "How to attain Christian perfection" [Re: jamesonofthunder] #146090
10/20/12 10:49 PM
10/20/12 10:49 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
For Mr Saptenno who was so grateful for Paul to sin...

"The opposition grew so fierce that Paul was not allowed to continue his labors at Damascus. A messenger from heaven bade him leave for a time, and he “went into Arabia” (Galatians 1:17), where he found a safe retreat. {AA 125.2}

Here, in the solitude of the desert, Paul had ample opportunity for quiet study and meditation. He calmly reviewed his past experience and made sure work of repentance. He sought God with all his heart, resting not until he knew for a certainty that his repentance was accepted and his sin pardoned. He longed for the assurance that Jesus would be with him in his coming ministry. He emptied his soul of the prejudices and traditions that had hitherto shaped his life, and received instruction from the Source of truth. Jesus communed with him and established him in the faith, bestowing upon him a rich measure of wisdom and grace. {AA 125.3}
When the mind of man is brought into communion with the mind of God, the finite with the Infinite, the effect on body and mind and soul is beyond estimate. In such communion is found the highest education. It is God’s own method of development. “Acquaint now thyself with Him” (Job 22:21), is His message to mankind. {AA 126.1}

And this was BEFORE he wrote the book to the Romans.

Re: "How to attain Christian perfection" [Re: jamesonofthunder] #146091
10/20/12 10:58 PM
10/20/12 10:58 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Mr Saptanno, if you need prayer for something you are not able to let go of, ask and ye shall receive. I will pray for you, just ask.

Re: "How to attain Christian perfection" [Re: Daryl] #146101
10/21/12 05:18 AM
10/21/12 05:18 AM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Originally Posted By: Daryl F
Shouldn't our focus then be on abiding in Jesus, not on whether or not we are sinning?

Amen

Re: "How to attain Christian perfection" [Re: Mountain Man] #146103
10/21/12 05:53 AM
10/21/12 05:53 AM
J
James Saptenno  Offline
Charter Member
Active Member 2012
Dedicated Member
Jakarta, Indonesia
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
1. Paul said the "Spirit empowered him to overcome sin and be freed of it power . . . when he follows the Spirit . . . [nevertheless] sinning is inevitable." Not sinning is a reality while abiding in Jesus. "Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not." "Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh."

2. "I knew that Paul’s life is not of a sinless perfect life since the day of his newborn." Only Jesus lived a perfect, sinless life from birth to death. People live without sinning only while they are abiding in Jesus.

3. ". . . believers are saved by the grace of God as a gift, not as a reward for his efforts to live a sinless perfect life with the combine power of the Spirit, which when this is the target of believers, they will overruled Christ works on the cross and made it useless." Amen. We are saved based solely on what Jesus did and does for us. "Righteousness and true holiness," the fruit of the Spirit, does not serve to save us. However, refusing or neglecting to abide in Jesus results in sinning and prevents Jesus from being able to save us.

Thanks MM.

With what you presented here all this time, I knew your thought about the theme of a sinless perfect life, and with your answers to my opinions, I think we are in common.

Re: "How to attain Christian perfection" [Re: jamesonofthunder] #146104
10/21/12 06:08 AM
10/21/12 06:08 AM
J
James Saptenno  Offline
Charter Member
Active Member 2012
Dedicated Member
Jakarta, Indonesia
Originally Posted By: jamesonofthunder
Mr Saptanno, if you need prayer for something you are not able to let go of, ask and ye shall receive. I will pray for you, just ask.

Thanks JamesthesonofGod.

You and I may have a little differences in our view about reaching a sinless perfect life in our Christian walk.

Even I believe too that sin can be overcome as long as we abide in Jesus by faith, but I still feel not comfortable by the idea that we can have this life ever since we are reborn.

It didn't work with me, I still sin and still enjoy sin till this time, but I knew and believe that if my target is to be with Jesus in the eternal world, I must bring my self to His desires and standards, not mine.

So, one day I will not enjoying sin any longer, even I may still sin, but later on I may have this sinless perfect life when I hate sinning and what the world could offer.

And between those days, I'm sure I will not loose faith in Christ and leaning fully on His grace and forgiveness, to be in His righteousness alone.

Thus, according to me, to reach a sinless perfect life stage is not impossible, but not a state continues ever since we were reborn, but a life time progress, and I see here, many have the same thought.

Re: "How to attain Christian perfection" [Re: jamesonofthunder] #146106
10/21/12 06:20 AM
10/21/12 06:20 AM
J
James Saptenno  Offline
Charter Member
Active Member 2012
Dedicated Member
Jakarta, Indonesia
Originally Posted By: James Saptenno

Combining 1 Tim. 1:15 & Romans 7:7-25, I found out that even Paul did not live a sinless perfect life eversince his newborn day.

Verse 25: 21st KJV.
I thank God — through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin.

Thank God! Jesus Christ will rescue me.
So with my mind I serve the Law of God, although my selfish desires make me serve the law of sin. (CEV).

I like this version, giving a better view of what Paul meant.

Both thing happened in him, the war between sin that dwelt in him and the Spirit.

You're thanking God that you believe that Paul was still sinning after conversion? What is this? Are you for real?

Paul was not speaking for himself, he was speaking hypothetically, saying in essence IF he was sinning.

In verse 24 of that same chapter (Roman 7) just before what you quoted he says "Wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death?" Then he says in answer to this question in verse 25 was "I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord".

It is hypothetical because he had already been delivered from the death by accepting Christ Jesus.

He was speaking sympathetically for men who have not been delivered from sin.

I'm afraid he was talking about himself.

Paul is one of the most intellectual men who wrote in scripture and what he says is very hard to comprehend says Peter. What makes you thank God even if he was sinning? Does it make you feel better that someone else falls to sin? This is very disturbing.

Just stating a fact, that even Paul has not a sinless perfect life ever since he was reborn. 1 Timothy 1:15 approve that.

If Paul was still considering himself losing to battle of the warring flesh why would he write this at the beginning of that Chapter?

Romans 1(ASV)
1 Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated (sanctified/ Holy) unto the gospel of God,

2 which he promised afore through his prophets in the holy scriptures,

3 concerning his Son, who was born of the seed of David according to the flesh,

4 who was declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead; even Jesus Christ our Lord,

5 through whom we received grace and apostleship, unto obedience of faith among all the nations, for his name's sake;

6 among whom are ye also called to be Jesus Christ's:

7 To all that are in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Oh, but Paul was still getting a little on the side right? God says it's OK to serve Him and go out and party after the Sabbath right? As long as he differentiates when he is in the mind of Christ and when he is being slave to sin it's ok?

Besides what he wrote about his personal experience about the war in his flesh, and that he too may serve the flesh, his own will from time to time, he didn't taught us the way you said, but just explaining a fact that is very important for our Christian's walk.

Page 20 of 25 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 24 25

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:39 AM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!