HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,636
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 21
kland 7
Daryl 2
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, Daryl, 2 invisible), 3,466 guests, and 12 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
Re: Great questions by MountainMan #14786
07/13/05 04:42 AM
07/13/05 04:42 AM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Again, I am in total agreement that the unshielded glory of God kills sinners, even saved sinners. "Flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God", and neither can it survive in presence of God's glory. We must first put on incorruptible flesh and blood. It takes holy flesh to stand before our holy God.

Re: Great questions by MountainMan #14787
07/13/05 07:24 AM
07/13/05 07:24 AM
Ikan  Offline
Very Dedicated Member
Plowing
quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Man:
Again, I am in total agreement that the unshielded glory of God kills sinners, even saved sinners. "Flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God", and neither can it survive in presence of God's glory. We must first put on incorruptible flesh and blood. It takes holy flesh to stand before our holy God.

Now wait a minute now!....either this is a complete reversal of your hundreds of posts or I'm just plain doltish.

Please list a few lines form your posts that justify the term "again", MM

Re: Great questions by MountainMan #14788
07/13/05 09:12 PM
07/13/05 09:12 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
I cannot remember where else I affirmed this idea. As a result of studying this topic with Tom I believe the glory of God is a consuming fire, not only in the symbolic sense, but also in the literal sense. The only problem with this insight is there is no precedence to confirm it. That is, God has never consumed anyone before using His glory.

Having said that, let me hasten to add, lest I be misunderstood, I also believe God will employ literal fire to punish and destroy unsaved sinners in the lake of fire. I also believe God was either directly or indirectly involved in destroying the antediluvians and the sodomites, and many more. I believe He is in absolute control of the affairs of men and angels, and that He decides how and when they will die.

Re: Great questions by MountainMan #14789
07/14/05 04:15 AM
07/14/05 04:15 AM
Tom  Offline OP
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
MM: I cannot remember where else I affirmed this idea. As a result of studying this topic with Tom I believe the glory of God is a consuming fire, not only in the symbolic sense, but also in the literal sense. The only problem with this insight is there is no precedence to confirm it. That is, God has never consumed anyone before using His glory.

Tom: On what basis do you affirm this? (that the glory of God has never killed anybody) What would such a death look like? How do you know you would recognize it? Even if there weren't a precedent, why would that be a problem?

MM: Having said that, let me hasten to add, lest I be misunderstood, I also believe God will employ literal fire to punish and destroy unsaved sinners in the lake of fire.

Tom: If the glory of God slays the wicked, then they're dead, correct? How can they also be punished and destroyed after they are dead? [Confused]

MM: I also believe God was either directly or indirectly involved in destroying the antediluvians and the sodomites, and many more.

Tom: Noone disputes this.

MM: I believe He is in absolute control of the affairs of men and angels, and that He decides how and when they will die.

Tom: This isn't right, however. It is men who decide their own fate, not God.

quote:
"Whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap." Gal. 6:7. God destroys no man. Every man who is destroyed will destroy himself. When a man stifles the admonitions of conscience, he sows the seeds of unbelief and these produce a sure harvest.... {OHC 26.4}
If God decided the fate of men, then all men would be saved, because God is not willing that any should perish but would have all repent and come to the knowledge of the truth. Men are lost precisely for the reason that they go against God's will, and because He does *NOT* decide the fate of men.

Re: Great questions by MountainMan #14790
07/14/05 05:59 AM
07/14/05 05:59 AM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Are you absolutely sure we reap what we sow? Or, does the plan of salvation alter the course of things?

Re: Great questions by MountainMan #14791
07/14/05 06:57 PM
07/14/05 06:57 PM
Tom  Offline OP
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
It applies.

quote:
8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.(Gal. 6:8)

Re: Great questions by MountainMan #14792
07/15/05 01:46 PM
07/15/05 01:46 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Yes, of course, we reap what we sow. But not always the moment we sow it. In most cases, the wages of sin is delayed. Why? If we were allowed to experience the full, unaltered consequences of sin, the instant we sin, none of us would survive long enough to suffer sickness and sorrow and a lingering death. In fact, the human race would have ended with Adam and Eve the instant they ate the forbidden fruit. The plan of salvation totally alters the dynamics between sin and death. We do not reap what we sow the instant we sow it. Instead, we experience altered consequences, tailor-made by God for the good of everyone involved. Any consequences other than immediate death are unnatural, and are regulated by God Himself.

Re: Great questions by MountainMan #14793
07/16/05 02:25 AM
07/16/05 02:25 AM
M
myarsman  Offline
North Carolina
Interesting discussion......

Sin is the desire of a "created being" to exist independently of its "Creator".

Fact of Life #1: No "created being" can exist independently of its "Creator". All created life forms are "eternally" dependent upon the "Creator/God" for their life-force/Breath of Life.

The "Natural Consequence" of a "created being" becoming "independent" of its "Creator" is instantaneous death or a "state of non-existence". (See Fact of Life #1)

Because of the "Grace of God" all "created beings" who sought to become "independent from God" were spared the "Natural Consequence" of their choice.

All except One......

When Adam and Eve chose to believe Satan's temptation that it was possible to be "like God" or IOW to become an "independent being" God spared them from suffering the Eternal Death that comes as a result of their choice.

But......

He allowed them to experience a form of Death that comes as a result of their being prohibited from eating of the Tree of Life. Their bodies were denied the essential nutrients that would allow them to continue to live forever. Through time their bodies would deteriorate to the point that it was no longer capable of sustaining life.

Jesus experienced the "Natural Consequences" of sin in that He died as a direct result of a "separation from God" whereby the "Breath of Life" was withdrawn from Him.

(Keep in mind that the soldiers/spectators were surprised to find that Jesus had died so quickly. They even pierced His side in order to confirm His death. Normally an individual could remain alive on a cross for many hours/days before finally succumbing to death.)

This is the same death that will be experience by the Wicked at the "End of Time".

The death that we experience today comes as a result of our bodies inability to sustain life as a result of injury or illness.

The death that will be experienced by the Wicked at the End of Time comes as a result of God withdrawing the "Breath of Life" from a "created being" that would not die otherwise because their body is still capable of sustaining life.

Re: Great questions by MountainMan #14794
07/16/05 04:39 PM
07/16/05 04:39 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Bob, nice summary. But it implies that you disagree with idea that God will employ literal fire and brimstone to punish and destroy unsaved sinners, men and angels alike, in the lake of fire.

Re: Great questions by MountainMan #14795
07/16/05 09:49 PM
07/16/05 09:49 PM
M
myarsman  Offline
North Carolina
quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Man:
Bob, nice summary. But it implies that you disagree with idea that God will employ literal fire and brimstone to punish and destroy unsaved sinners, men and angels alike, in the lake of fire.

The fire and brimstone that falls upon the Wicked will in actuality be destroying their lifeless bodies. The Wicked will die when God withdraws the "Breath of Life" from their bodies. It is at that moment that they will cease to exist/live. The fire and brimstone will then completely destroy their bodies into eternal non-existence.

The God that I serve does not believe in a long drawn-out death mixed with excruciating pain that is to be meted out to the Wicked. Instead, their death will be mercifully quick and relatively pain-free.

With that said, I must also add that prior to their death, these individuals will experience extreme agony as they come to the realization of what they have lost because of their refusal to be atoned to God. In one aspect, their deaths will be merciful in that it will put them out of their misery.

This position is strongly supported by Scripture in that the "Sacrificial Lamb" was always slain before its carcass was placed upon the "Altar of Burnt Offerrings".

Secondly Christ death, which was a type of the death that the Wicked will suffer, was not caused by His being placed in a firey pit, whereby He was burned to death. He died as a result of God's "Breath of Life" being withdrawn from His body.

Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/16/24 02:17 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by kland. 05/17/24 04:47 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!