John McConnell, a retired Academy science teacher whom I once had writes a regular devotional that he distsributes by e-mail. I find them spiritually helpful.

If any of you wold lilke to be added to his e-mail list to reacieve his devotionals, you may contact him at: milliersvp@juno.com and ask to be added to his list. NOTE: He will never ask you for money. I have his permission to tell you this. Here is one recent devotional:

Quote:
DIVINELY PLASTERED

by John McConnell

�Love covers a multitude of sins.� I Peter 4:8, NRSV.

The history of mankind is recorded in how he provided for his dwellings. The cavemen, who lived during the ice-age immediately following the Flood, had a limited supply of building materials, and therefore took advantage of any natural shelter that was available. Caves provided cool shade during hot summers and shelter from the elements in the winter. Caves are inclined to be rather drafty and damp, but a fire could take off the chill. Eskimos took advantage of the plentiful supply of ice to build igloos; American Indians preferred tents of animal skins to provide shelter that was portable and fit into their nomadic lifestyle; the log cabin was the preferred building material of the frontier where trees were plentiful; the nomadic tribes of Arabia preferred a tent-like dwelling called a yurt. Most monuments and palaces and temples of the past were constructed of quarried stone. Even today, most official buildings and commercial centers are of stone construction. The commonly accepted construction of today�s homes consists of a cement foundation, a framework of wood and a coating of plaster. This plaster, known as Plaster of Paris, is a white powder of gypsum which when mixed with water forms a thick paste that can be molded or cast into a solid. This plaster is applied as a weatherproof outer coating on houses and buildings, and as a textured and colored, decorative interior wall covering.

The word �gossip� comes from two root words in 1014 referring to a godparent. Then the meaning shifted in 1811 to denote baseless chitchat. Today it has the connotation of hush-hush slanderous or evil talk. It seems to be an innate human tendency to enjoy sharing malicious tidbits about our acquaintances. However, the Holy Scriptures advises us that the loving thing to do is to hide the shortcomings of others. Instead of slanderous gossip, we are rather to follow the path of love. God has given us an example of how to treat others, for if we confess our sins, He has promised to forgive and forget. God is Love, and that �love covers a multitude of sins.�

The word �covers� in the original language meant to plaster or hide, to keep from view. Thus, the love of God is spread over us to cover our sins, and as a result we have all been �divinely plastered.�

Gregory
May God's will be done.