HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,638
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 21
kland 6
Daryl 2
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, TheophilusOne, 2 invisible), 3,232 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: How the Pioneers understood Glory, Fire and Death of the Wicked #15072
07/17/05 12:26 PM
07/17/05 12:26 PM
Ikan  Offline OP
Very Dedicated Member
Plowing
Oh...my...MM The opinions expressed by you seem to make you appear to want so much someone to lead, be in control and orchestrate... free men have no need for other men to dominate.
Christ Himself is our Leader, yet wants us to be His brothers, children, friends, and apprentices, not fawning, flattering slaves, servants or puppets. (He will accept those who think of themselves as such, but, oh! what a limited life and understanding this needlessly creates!)

Re: How the Pioneers understood Glory, Fire and Death of the Wicked #15073
07/17/05 02:51 PM
07/17/05 02:51 PM
Ikan  Offline OP
Very Dedicated Member
Plowing
My "mystery SDA scholar" continues with some amazing insights about God's use of fire, His glory and even the impossibility of christian fatalism:

Fire Reveals

“Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.” 1 Corinthians 3:13.

We will not study the exegesis of this text and its primary time of fulfillment, but simply try to
catch that one thought, that fire reveals. The baptism with fire reveals a man as he really is. It throws the beams of holy light into the innermost recesses of the soul. It shows us ourselves as God sees us.
When Jesus baptizes a man with the Holy Spirit and with fire, there is revealed an amount of pride, selfishness, suspiciousness, love of position, touchiness, and downright meanness that will be an amazement to him. When God baptizes my soul with fire, I come more and more to abhor myself. I sense increasingly that in me there is no good thing. All I have or am that is worth anything has been imputed and imparted to me from my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. It brings me to my knees before God in contrite confession. And not only that, but it brings me to some of my brethren to tell them of grief over the un-Christ like things in my life, this tongue that speaks so quickly, the suspiciousness of my nature, and a hundred other things. The coming of a baptism with fire will result in a spirit of confession such as we have never known.
Remember the statement, by the Spirit of Prophecy, depicting [in a vision] the assemblage in the auditorium of the Tabernacle at a General Conference in Battle Creek.

“ One day at noon I was writing of the work that might have been done at the last [1901] General Conference if the men in positions of trust had followed the will and way of God. Those who have had great light have not walked in the light. The meeting was closed, and the break was not made. Men did not humble themselves before the Lord as they should have done, and the Holy Spirit was not imparted.
I had written thus far when I lost consciousness and I seemed to be witnessing a scene in Battle Creek. Prayer was offered, a hymn was sung, and prayer was again offered. Most earnest supplication was made to God. The meeting was marked by the presence of the Holy Spirit. The work went deep, and some present were weeping aloud. One arose from his bowed position, and said that in the past he had not been in union with certain ones, and had felt no love for them, but that now he saw himself as he was. [Fire revealed] With great solemnity he repeated the message to the Laodicean church. . . . The speaker turned to those who had been praying, and said: 'We have something to do. We must confess our sins, and humble our hearts before God.' He made heartbroken confessions, and then stepped up to several of the brethren, one after another, and extended his hand, asking forgiveness. Those to whom he spoke sprang to their feet, making confession and asking forgiveness and they fell upon one another's necks, weeping. The spirit of confession spread through the entire congregation. It was a Pentecostal season. God's praises were sung, and far into the night, until nearly morning, the work was carried on. . . . No one seemed to be too proud to make heartfelt confession, and those who led in this work were the ones who had influence, but had not before had courage to confess their sins.”

Then comes that tragic closing paragraph:
“ There was rejoicing such as never before had been heard in the Tabernacle.
Then I aroused from my unconsciousness, and for a while could not think where I was. My pen was still in my hand. The words were spoken to me:
‘This might have been. All this the Lord was waiting to do for His people. All heaven was waiting to be gracious.’
I thought of where we might have been had thorough work been done at the last General Conference.”

Testimonies, Volume 8, pages 104-106.

Shall we not pray for the baptism with fire, which will show us ourselves as we are? We are prone to judge by the outward appearance and conduct, but God looks into the heart. We must have that fire that teaches the inmost life, until every sin is disclosed and purged away." L.E.F.

Now, I find this quite a striking contrast to God's fire being lessened (when useful to one's designs) to being symbolic, parabolic, figurative, metaphorical, allegorical or any such thing, and should we not be shock if we do?

Re: How the Pioneers understood Glory, Fire and Death of the Wicked #15074
07/17/05 07:00 PM
07/17/05 07:00 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Phil, Elder Froom's description of the effects of spiritual fire is, indeed, awesome. May the church of God receive such a baptism, now, today.

Re: How the Pioneers understood Glory, Fire and Death of the Wicked #15075
07/18/05 09:04 AM
07/18/05 09:04 AM
Ikan  Offline OP
Very Dedicated Member
Plowing
You win the book, MM PM me your address and I will send it to you.

Giving Elder Froom's intials gave it away, I know, but a promise is a promise.

Wishing the church well is all very nice, but do you understand that Elder Froom's own statements, and his quote from EGW, seriously conflicts with pre-destination, what the glory of God actual is and how it is termed as destructive fire, burning away a thing, Sin, and not merely one's actions of breaking the Law????

Re: How the Pioneers understood Glory, Fire and Death of the Wicked #15076
07/19/05 03:53 AM
07/19/05 03:53 AM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
I won! Yippee! Thank you. But I cannot, in good conscious, expect a self-sacrificing missionary to divert much needed funds by sending me a book I can buy myself. Please, invest in missions.

Now, back to Elder Froom's insights. Are you ready to discuss his thoughts on predestination, foreknowledge, hellfire, and brimstone? If so, then say on. Post his material and we can study it.

Re: How the Pioneers understood Glory, Fire and Death of the Wicked #15077
07/18/05 11:05 PM
07/18/05 11:05 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
I haven't been following this thread too closely, but I read something about a free book. My conscience isn't as developed as MM's, so I am able to receive free property from self-sacrificing missionaries.

What's the book about?

Re: How the Pioneers understood Glory, Fire and Death of the Wicked #15078
07/19/05 04:03 AM
07/19/05 04:03 AM
Ikan  Offline OP
Very Dedicated Member
Plowing
It's a scientific refutation against evolution. Very clearly written for the non-scientist.
Give me your address if you want one, Tom.

Gents: Let's let the Lord label who is "self-sacrificing" or not. I'll acknowledge the missionary role, but blush at all adjectives.

Re: How the Pioneers understood Glory, Fire and Death of the Wicked #15079
07/19/05 11:17 AM
07/19/05 11:17 AM
Ikan  Offline OP
Very Dedicated Member
Plowing
Thoughtful study of Elders Froom's study can reveal some mighty vital matters concerning the Holy Spirit's role in fire, consumption and sin.
Those who think "spiritual fire" is not real, or merely allegorical may ask themselves: "Do I see spiritual matters as less than material matters?"

Fire Consumes
Let us note Ezekiel's striking parable of the boiling pot, symbolic of Jerusalem:
“Then set it empty upon the coals thereof, that the brass of it way be hot, and may burn, and that the filthiness of it may be molten in it, that the scum of it may be consumed.” Ezekiel 24:11.

That is another thing that fire does, it consumes the scum, the dross. But observe this sad comment on Jerusalem of old:
“She hath wearied herself with lies, and her great scum went not forth out of her.” Verse 12.

There was no separation between her filthiness and her gold. Mark well the sad judgment that awaits her:

“Thou shall not be purged from thy filthiness any more, till I have caused My fury to rest upon thee.” Verse 13.

We have our choice of letting the purifying fire, the baptism of the Holy Spirit, consume the dross now, or be ourselves consumed in the fierce flames of the last day when He shall “burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.” Matthew 3:12.

Then there is this text:
“He is like a refiner's fire, and like fullers' soap [soap for the outside, fire for within] and He shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver. And He shall purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver, that they may offer unto the Lord an offering in righteousness.” Malachi 3:2,3.

He “sits” to purify. He is not in a hurry, not impatient. He will bring the fire to the right heat. He will continue it until the process is complete. Yea, our God is a refiner's fire. Let us who are seeking for the righteousness of God, pray for the Holy Spirit; first, to reveal, and then to consume, that the great scum of sin in our lives may be burned out.

“0 fire of God, burn on, burn on,
Till all my dross is burned away;
0 fire of God, burn on, burn on,
Prepare me for the testing day.”

Re: How the Pioneers understood Glory, Fire and Death of the Wicked #15080
07/19/05 02:49 PM
07/19/05 02:49 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
While I appreciate his in depth study on the purifying affects of spiritual fire upon our hearts and minds, I don't read where he is saying the lake of fire is a metaphor. But perhaps you will be posting those insights shortly? In the meantime, I really am enjoying reading his thoughts on spiritual fire, really I am. So, please, resist, if you can, the temptation to turn this post into something that implies all I care to talk about is God punishing and destroying unsaved sinners. Thank you.

Re: How the Pioneers understood Glory, Fire and Death of the Wicked #15081
07/19/05 10:33 PM
07/19/05 10:33 PM
Ikan  Offline OP
Very Dedicated Member
Plowing
That I think that "the lake of fire as a metaphor" is a myth and fabrication of your own mind: no one has even suggested this, certainly not I. Please don't bring it up here again. Stop trying to control, please.
MSDAOL is not all about you, MM.
Either you do not read other's posts,MM, cannot comprehend other people or you think spreading misinformation on what others say is winning an argument. Only God knows your motive.
I pray that this article will burn away this character defect in you and anyone else who harbors these traits.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/19/24 01:25 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/16/24 02:17 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by kland. 05/17/24 04:47 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!