HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,639
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 21
kland 6
Daryl 2
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (dedication, Kevin H, Karen Y, TheophilusOne, 2 invisible), 3,182 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Who were the 'Sons of God"? [Re: Green Cochoa] #151668
04/08/13 01:16 AM
04/08/13 01:16 AM
Rick H  Offline
OP
Group: Admin Team
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
Originally Posted By: Green Cochoa
Notice that in the Bible and Ellen White, Satan was listed separate from the sons of God. He was not one of them, but came also among them. So it can be readily understood that the sons of God include the holy angels, but not the fallen ones.

It also includes all among us who follow Christ in faith and in obedience to His commandments (those who receive Christ).

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.
I would agree, but as to the usage, why not say 'angel' or 'angels'.

Last edited by Rick H; 04/08/13 01:18 AM.
Re: Who were the 'Sons of God"? [Re: Johann] #151678
04/08/13 03:07 PM
04/08/13 03:07 PM
jamesonofthunder  Offline
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
The view of the Nephilim being descendants of evil angels (sons of God) came from the Jews.

The more modern 'reformed' jewish belief is the descendants of the Nephilim are men like Goliath, or the people who were giants in the promised land.

Shows how far off the truth they allowed themselves to be led.

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/judaica/ejud_0002_0015_0_14693.html

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: Who were the 'Sons of God"? [Re: Rick H] #151683
04/08/13 03:40 PM
04/08/13 03:40 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: Daryl
In relation to Job 1:6, Ellen White seems to be equating the "sons of God" as the "angels of God."

Originally Posted By: Rick H
but as to the usage, why not say 'angel' or 'angels'.
Would this mean the angels are not in God's presence all the time but only at limited meeting times to give an accounting? What about when she says those closest to the original creation looked more like angels than humans do today? Would it be out of line to have called Adam at creation, an angel of God?

Re: Who were the 'Sons of God"? [Re: kland] #151721
04/09/13 02:44 PM
04/09/13 02:44 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Adam at creation was the commander of the angelic host for this world. He held the golden censer as high priest/ elder for our world.

Imagine all those angels with only two people to serve for God at creation. Every seed of man was in his loins, including the savior if need be.

We do not see the majestic position that Adam fell from as we should. People just think he was just our grandpa and he was flawed. But Adam was the connection to heaven for us, then He got kicked out of Eden.

Eden is where the tree of life is, the schoolhouse of creation, where heavens prince spoke to the created son's of God face to face. Eden is not the highest heaven where the Father dwells because man had to first prove his loyalty to God. Heavens security.

The Adamic representatives of all the unfallen worlds still meet in the Garden to learn from the Father. He shares everything with them there through those representatives before His throne.

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: Who were the 'Sons of God"? [Re: jamesonofthunder] #151748
04/10/13 02:12 PM
04/10/13 02:12 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
so Adam's connection to heaven and being "commander of the angelic host for this world" -- How does that relate, what does it mean to you?

Re: Who were the 'Sons of God"? [Re: kland] #151770
04/11/13 05:22 PM
04/11/13 05:22 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
It means when Adam fell, and our connection with God was broken, we lost the blessing of having the strength of angels/ the direct connect to God, on our side.

We need to be reconnected to God through the ministry of Jesus/ Michael our head elder/ commander of the angels, so we can commune with Father through His merits.

Then when Adam is restored to his previous post and we receive the covering of light once again, we will always have angels which excel in strength at our side doing our will. We literally become like the Son of God and are kings and priests like He is, and the angels will delight to follow our will like they do for Jesus.

This is a greater blessing than anyone other than the prophets has ever conceived before. We have no idea what a blessing we have in store for us in heaven.

This is everything our God wants for us, yet men who know how unworthy we are do not even dare to think it. My God has shown me so I do dare, and it makes tremble.

I have been shown a great and wonderful future for us.

Re: Who were the 'Sons of God"? [Re: jamesonofthunder] #151777
04/12/13 01:43 AM
04/12/13 01:43 AM
Rosangela  Offline
5500+ Member
Brazil
Quote:
Adam at creation was the commander of the angelic host for this world.

We are told that man was created lower than the angels - so, even before the fall, how could Adam have commanded angels?

Re: Who were the 'Sons of God"? [Re: Rosangela] #151899
04/15/13 09:55 PM
04/15/13 09:55 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Psalm 91:11 For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.

We are co laborers with angels, they are our strength. We do not see heaven and the role of angels as we should. Because of our fallen vision we see ourselves as independent, free agents and angels do nothing for us. This is a flawed view of the matter. If we do not have the strength of angels with us, then we are used by demons. There is no inbetween.

"We need to understand better than we do the mission of the angels. It would be well to remember that every true child of God has the co-operation of heavenly beings. Invisible armies of light and power attend the meek and lowly ones who believe and claim the promises of God. Cherubim and seraphim, and angels that excel in strength, stand at God’s right hand, “all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation.” Hebrews 1:14. {AA 154.2}

Matthew 13:31

Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is like to a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and sowed in his field: Which indeed is the least of all seeds: but when it is grown, it is the greatest among herbs, and becometh a tree, so that the birds of the air come and lodge in the branches thereof.

Angels were created complete, not as babies, but fully grown. We grow forever in Christ.

Re: Who were the 'Sons of God"? [Re: jamesonofthunder] #151920
04/16/13 03:07 PM
04/16/13 03:07 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
It sounds like from your last post that you are now saying that angels are in charge of us instead of we in charge of angels.

Re: Who were the 'Sons of God"? [Re: kland] #151989
04/18/13 02:22 PM
04/18/13 02:22 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
If you have a bodyguard who has been commissioned to take care of you, this is having charge over you, but do you take his commands? He would protect you and guide you through perils, to lend you their angelic set of eyes to see snares in this world that we cannot see.

I think the role of angels will be very different to men in heaven, so I suspect this son of God/ elders role of being commander changes after probation ends, even for the unfallen worlds.

Being a commander of the angels in heaven, the role of the 24 elders/ Son's of God, and to lesser degrees elders beneath the 24 adamic elders, we should not look at in the same context as commanders are seen here in fallen earth.

There is a completely different paradigm in heaven. To be a commander of the angels is from the perspective of Michael who does not dominate over others as Satan or fallen men do. Michael humbled Himself. The angels respect Him so much they give their uncompromising support. A wicked minded dominant person would never have this kind of command over them, only those with the mind of Christ who are lead by the Spirit would.

That is why I included Matthew 13. Who ever would be least here shall be greatest in heaven. Jesus said "I COULD command 12 legions of angels to come" but did He?

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/20/24 12:54 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/16/24 02:17 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by kland. 05/17/24 04:47 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!