HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,630
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 24
kland 6
Daryl 2
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
2 registered members (Karen Y, 1 invisible), 3,480 guests, and 15 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Nutritional Yeast [Re: Green Cochoa] #155438
08/26/13 02:48 PM
08/26/13 02:48 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Green, we're talking about you swapping terms. That's misleading.

Re: Nutritional Yeast [Re: kland] #155441
08/26/13 02:53 PM
08/26/13 02:53 PM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Originally Posted By: kland

No, you're misleading to presume that brain damage is not caused by the masking of symptoms of B12 deficiency. No one has proven to me that the statement I provided is false. No one has proven to me that "folate" would mask the symptoms of megaloblastic anemia any less than would "folic acid."

Go for it, if you have such evidence. Let's see it. Until then, I trust that those whose minds have not been damaged by B12 deficiency will be able to grasp these concepts. It's too bad that those who need the truth the most seem most resistant to it.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

Last edited by Green Cochoa; 08/26/13 02:54 PM. Reason: Added some more

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: Nutritional Yeast [Re: Green Cochoa] #155445
08/26/13 05:37 PM
08/26/13 05:37 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Originally Posted By: Green Cochoa

No, you're misleading to presume that brain damage is not caused by the masking of symptoms of B12 deficiency. No one has proven to me that the statement I provided is false. No one has proven to me that "folate" would mask the symptoms of megaloblastic anemia any less than would "folic acid."

Go for it, if you have such evidence. Let's see it. Until then, I trust that those whose minds have not been damaged by B12 deficiency will be able to grasp these concepts. It's too bad that those who need the truth the most seem most resistant to it.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.
I have shown you this in the past. You ignore it. Why? The problem is FOLIC acid is not the same as FOLATE. IF you take FOLIC acid, the enzyme that converts it to Folate in humans provides very little conversion. FOLIC acid supplementation IS associated with many diseases! Reread that last sentence. Eating REAL food provides FOLATE, that active form. IF you take FOLIC acid, you delude yourself that you are getting adequate FOLATE. You need to provide a study that looks at FOLATE, not FOLIC acid to make you conclusion valid.

Bailey SW, Ayling JE. The extremely slow and variable activity of dihydrofolate reductase in human liver and its implications for high folic acid intake. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009 Sep 8;106(36):15424-9. Epub 2009 Aug 24.

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Nutritional Yeast [Re: Green Cochoa] #155448
08/26/13 06:12 PM
08/26/13 06:12 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland

No, you're misleading to presume that brain damage is not caused by the masking of symptoms of B12 deficiency.

So if no one has proven one thing, even if so discussed by APL, you feel free to swap that term with a different term?

Do you agree that FOLIC acid is not the same as FOLATE? Or are you saying it doesn't matter because you wish to talk about something else?

Re: Nutritional Yeast [Re: kland] #155470
08/27/13 06:01 AM
08/27/13 06:01 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Do you agree that FOLIC acid is not the same as FOLATE? Or are you saying it doesn't matter because you wish to talk about something else?

Yes, I'm saying it doesn't matter, because neither one will provide B12, but both will mask the primary symptoms of B12 deficiency.

Of course, if you think "folate" is "better," then I suppose you should avoid it even more than the "folic acid," for it would do a better job of keeping you unaware of your B12 deficiency.

Eat some eggs. They are healthful.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: Nutritional Yeast [Re: APL] #155471
08/27/13 06:03 AM
08/27/13 06:03 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Originally Posted By: APL
I have shown you this in the past. You ignore it. Why? The problem is FOLIC acid is not the same as FOLATE. IF you take FOLIC acid, the enzyme that converts it to Folate in humans provides very little conversion. FOLIC acid supplementation IS associated with many diseases! Reread that last sentence. Eating REAL food provides FOLATE, that active form. IF you take FOLIC acid, you delude yourself that you are getting adequate FOLATE. You need to provide a study that looks at FOLATE, not FOLIC acid to make you conclusion valid.

Bailey SW, Ayling JE. The extremely slow and variable activity of dihydrofolate reductase in human liver and its implications for high folic acid intake. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009 Sep 8;106(36):15424-9. Epub 2009 Aug 24.

APL,

You continue to display your need of B12.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

Re: Nutritional Yeast [Re: Green Cochoa] #155476
08/27/13 01:34 PM
08/27/13 01:34 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland

Yes, I'm saying it doesn't matter, because neither one will provide B12, but both will mask the primary symptoms of B12 deficiency.
Green, given that APL, myself, and any others specifically have argued for accuracy regarding this, is there some reason you are opposed to using the same terms as used in the research you quoted?

Or is swapping terms not misleading but merely a sign of an ongoing B12 deficiency? wink

Re: Nutritional Yeast [Re: kland] #155478
08/27/13 01:46 PM
08/27/13 01:46 PM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
kland,

Do you get B12 from folate? No.
Do you get B12 from folic acid? No.
Do you get B12 from folinic acid? No.

Does your obsession with the terminology change the truth of this? No.

I have quoted from reputable websites. I have not originally provided these terms myself. The websites have done this. In case you have not recognized this heretofore, the FDA and likely most every governmental institution is in league with the pharmaceutical companies. Those companies aren't making their money from non-prescription, over-the-counter, vitamins. They cannot, therefore, be expected to support the vitamin industry. On the contrary, for them to show a clear bias against supplements is to be expected. Folic acid is frequently the form of vitamin B9 found in supplements. It may be as natural a form of vitamin B9 as ascorbic acid is a form of vitamin C.

In the case of folic acid, the liver is able to convert it to folate that is usable by the body. It therefore becomes the same thing. Where it is considered harmful is when it is taken in larger quantities than that of which the liver is capable of converting, allowing folic acid itself, unconverted, to be present in the bloodstream in unnatural quantities. I have not found any clear correlation of such a condition to any specific disease or harm. But such is suspected by some health professionals, and may be a reality.

In any case, folate in the bloodstream (which the folic acid is converted to by the liver) prevents megaloblastic anemia--the first sign of B12 deficiency. This leaves B12-deficient sufferers to "cognitive impairment," or "permanent damage of the brain," without their awareness of what is happening.

THAT is the big danger of veganism, and is one of the dangers of vitamin B9 supplementation in the absence of a source of B12. In other words, using Brewer's yeast/nutritional yeast, a source of B9, may contribute to brain damage.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

Re: Nutritional Yeast [Re: Green Cochoa] #155486
08/27/13 05:28 PM
08/27/13 05:28 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Green, you are so dead set in running where God has not called you in destroying the health message, that you cannot stay focused on the conversation.

Green, given that APL, myself, and any others specifically have argued for accuracy regarding this, is there some reason you are opposed to using the same terms as used in the research you quoted?

Re: Nutritional Yeast [Re: Green Cochoa] #155489
08/27/13 05:50 PM
08/27/13 05:50 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
[quote=green]In the case of folic acid, the liver is able to convert it to folate that is usable by the body.[/quote}Clearly you have ignored the science I presented. Very little Folic acid is converted to Folate. THAT is why you cannot compare the two. Green, you seems to have forgotten this little video.

FOLATE and FOLIC ACID are NOT the same... Taking Folic acid IS ASSOCIATED with a number of diseases. Folate, in real food is NOT. A study that looks at FOLIC acid cannot be interpreted to mean FOLATE based on the newer research showing such poor conversion of FOLIC acid to FOLATE. FOLIC acid may indeed mask issues of B12. Stop taking FOLIC acid! Do eat FOLATE from foliage. And if you eat your vegetables from your own garden, guess what happens to your B12 intake!

Secondarily, your continued attack on the vegan diet is not sustained by EGW. The time will come to give up all food of animal origin, including eggs. The Lord will provide in all parts of the world.

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator  Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:39 AM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!