HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,617
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 21
kland 9
Daryl 4
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
Daryl
Daryl
Nova Scotia, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
7 registered members (Karen Y, Nadi, dedication, Kevin H, Daryl, 2 invisible), 3,348 guests, and 23 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 12 of 32 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 31 32
Re: What saves us? [Re: Green Cochoa] #153157
06/13/13 03:18 AM
06/13/13 03:18 AM
APL  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Originally Posted By: Green Cochoa
Originally Posted By: APL
Originally Posted By: asygo
The law condemns. If you want to be saved, that needs to stop. A legal solution is required.
Smoking kills. Legal solution required. Not breathing kills. Legal solution required. You are not breathing? That's OK - Christ is breathing for you, you are saved! Nope. The only way to be saved is to be brought back into full compliance with the law. The law cannot be changed. We must keep the law. How are we able to keep the law? That is what saves us.

APL,

According to your belief, you cannot be saved. It is impossible for you to keep the law in such a way as to not fall under its condemnation. I'm sorry for you.

Romans 3:23 here applies.

If you want to be saved, APL, you will have to go back in time and relive your life, this time without sin. Once you have sinned, EVEN ONCE, you are condemned by the law to die. The death penalty applies, unless you have a legal solution.

With no belief in a legal solution....

Selah,

Green Cochoa.
I'm sorry you have such a low estimation of Christ. I have no idea why you made the statement above Please clue me in. I do know that it is written:
Romans 5:15-21
15 But not as the offense, so also is the free gift. For if through the offense of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, has abounded to many.
16 And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offenses to justification.
17 For if by one man's offense death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)
18 Therefore as by the offense of one judgment came on all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came on all men to justification of life.
19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.
20 Moreover the law entered, that the offense might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:
21 That as sin has reigned to death, even so might grace reign through righteousness to eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

Tell me how a judicial act keeps me from sinning? I'd like to know. How does a judicial act save me? How does a judicial act make me born again?

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: What saves us? [Re: APL] #153158
06/13/13 03:45 AM
06/13/13 03:45 AM
APL  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Originally Posted By: green
Once you have sinned, EVEN ONCE, you are condemned by the law to die. The death penalty applies
You are right - just one transgression of the law leads to death. Not execution, but death just the same. Of course, you believe it is execution, right? Please correct me if I'm wrong on the point. Sin did not kill Christ, the Father did. Please, correct me if I am interpreting you wrong.

Sin pays its wage, death. This is why sin is so offensive to God. Sin is not a breaking of the enacted rules, which makes God made, and so mad that will kill you if you break just one.

No, sin is breaking the law of how we were created. God's work is perfect, it cannot be changed. It cannot be changed to save man! The only way to salvation is by perfect compliance. This man has not to give! But Christ took on our sin, and purged it. This He offers to us, but will not force it on us. Only by being healed, reborn into compliance with the law, are we able to be saved. We are saved by God, not save from God. We are not saved in our sins, but from our sins. Satan is the destroyer, God is the restorer. The essence of the Gospel is restoration.

Recognize any of these sentences? HINT: many of them are quotes, not my words.

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: What saves us? [Re: APL] #153159
06/13/13 06:05 AM
06/13/13 06:05 AM
APL  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Originally Posted By: asygo
So, did God already have the necessary knowledge for salvation/restoration in the days of Enoch, Moses, and Elijah?

Question - did God know who Cyrus was? How did He know? Did God know about the 70 week prophesy? 2300 days? How was this knowledge gained? How was this knowledge known before hand? Is knowledge gained in the future out of reach to God? I guess you think so asygo....

Re: What saves us? [Re: APL] #153160
06/13/13 12:01 PM
06/13/13 12:01 PM
Rosangela  Offline
5500+ Member
Brazil
APL.

You may have missed my post #153153 above.

Re: What saves us? [Re: APL] #153161
06/13/13 01:06 PM
06/13/13 01:06 PM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Originally Posted By: APL
Originally Posted By: green
Once you have sinned, EVEN ONCE, you are condemned by the law to die. The death penalty applies
You are right - just one transgression of the law leads to death. Not execution, but death just the same. Of course, you believe it is execution, right? Please correct me if I'm wrong on the point. Sin did not kill Christ, the Father did. Please, correct me if I am interpreting you wrong.

Originally Posted By: Ellen White
Transgression is disobedience to the commands of God. Had these commands always been obeyed, there would have been no sin. The penalty of transgression is always death. Christ averted the immediate execution of the death sentence by giving His life for man. . . . Justice requires that men shall have light, and it also requires that he who refuses to walk in the Heaven-given light, the giving of which cost the death of the Son of God, must receive punishment. It is a principle of justice that the guilt of the sinner shall be proportionate to the knowledge given, but not used, or used in a wrong way. God expects human beings to walk in the light, to testify before angels and before men that they acknowledge Christ as the great propitiation for sin and that they respect His sacrifice as their greatest blessing. . . . {HP 153.3}

Execution is spoken of here. It says clearly, in fact, "execution of the death sentence."

Transgression is NOT "bad DNA." Transgression IS disobedience. DNA doesn't disobey any more than a computer disobeys. It can do only that which it is designed to do. It has no choice. If the DNA were involved in the act of "self-destruction" of the sinner, does it have a time-bomb pre-programmed into it that is clever enough to self-destruct in concert with every other sinner at that final moment? smile

(Any explanation to avoid the unavoidable "execution," I suppose.)

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: What saves us? [Re: Rosangela] #153165
06/13/13 02:52 PM
06/13/13 02:52 PM
APL  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Originally Posted By: rosangle
Both according to the Bible and according to Ellen White, justification is the opposite of condemnation; justification is pardon.

Rom 5:16 And the free gift is not like the result of that one man's sin. For the judgment following one trespass brought condemnation, but the free gift following many trespasses brought justification.

Rom 5:18 Therefore, as one trespass led to condemnation for all men, so one act of righteousness leads to justification and life for all men.

Pardon and justification are one and the same thing. . . . {CTr 150.3}
Justification is the opposite of condemnation. God’s boundless mercy is exercised toward those who are wholly undeserving. He forgives transgressions and sins for the sake of Jesus, who has become the propitiation for our sins. Through faith in Christ the guilty transgressor is brought into favor with God and into the strong hope of life eternal. . . . {CTr 150.4}

Justification is a full, complete pardon of sin. The moment a sinner accepts Christ by faith, that moment he is pardoned. The righteousness of Christ is imputed to him, and he is no more to doubt God's forgiving grace. {FLB 107.2}

Question for you Rosangela, answer this, and I will answer you:
Is the penalty of sin intrinsic or imposed? Is the penalty for sin caused by sin, or is it execution by God?

Re: What saves us? [Re: APL] #153166
06/13/13 03:02 PM
06/13/13 03:02 PM
Rosangela  Offline
5500+ Member
Brazil
Question for you, APL: If the penalty of sin is totally intrinsic, why did God block the way to the tree of life lest man shouldn't eat of it and live forever?

Re: What saves us? [Re: APL] #153167
06/13/13 03:25 PM
06/13/13 03:25 PM
APL  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA

Clearly Green sees the that the punishment that comes from transgression is extrinsic, sin in and of itself does not destroy. And in the process I believe, ignores the Bible and EGW.

Originally Posted By: EGW
God does not stand toward the sinner as an executioner of the sentence against transgression {GC 36.1}

God destroys no man; but after a time the wicked are given up to the destruction they have wrought for themselves. {YI, November 30, 1893 par. 6}

God destroys no man. Everyone who is destroyed will have destroyed himself. {COL 84.4}

We are not to regard God as waiting to punish the sinner for his sin. The sinner brings the punishment upon himself. His own actions start a train of circumstances that bring the sure result. Every act of transgression reacts upon the sinner, works in him a change of character, and makes it more easy for him to transgress again. By choosing to sin, men separate themselves from God, cut themselves off from the channel of blessing, and the sure result is ruin and death. {1SM 235.2}

EGW: God is not the executioner.

Green - is God going to execute sinners? Yes or no?
Will sinners sin? YES. How is God involved?

Re: What saves us? [Re: APL] #153169
06/13/13 04:59 PM
06/13/13 04:59 PM
APL  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Originally Posted By: rosangela
Question for you, APL: If the penalty of sin is totally intrinsic, why did God block the way to the tree of life lest man shouldn't eat of it and live forever?
OK - I take your answer to be that the penalty of sin is extrinsic, it needs to be imposed.

I would recommend reading again the first chapter of Patriarchs and Prophets very closely, titled "Why Was Sin Permitted".

A compassionate Creator, in yearning pity for Lucifer and his followers, was seeking to draw them back from the abyss of ruin into which they were about to plunge.

What ruin? That God was now going to have to come in a cause him harm, and kill him?

God permitted Satan to carry forward his work until the spirit of disaffection ripened into active revolt. It was necessary for his plans to be fully developed, that their true nature and tendency might be seen by all.

What nature? That God was going to have to impose destruction on Satan?

Even when he was cast out of heaven, Infinite Wisdom did not destroy Satan. Since only the service of love can be acceptable to God, the allegiance of His creatures must rest upon a conviction of His justice and benevolence. The inhabitants of heaven and of the worlds, being unprepared to comprehend the nature or consequences of sin, could not then have seen the justice of God in the destruction of Satan.

What nature and consequences? Remember other EGW Quotes that the God is not the executioner. The destruction and consequences of sin are intrinsic to sin, not God.

Had he been immediately blotted out of existence, some would have served God from fear rather than from love. The influence of the deceiver would not have been fully destroyed, nor would the spirit of rebellion have been utterly eradicated. For the good of the entire universe through ceaseless ages, he must more fully develop his principles, that his charges against the divine government might be seen in their true light by all created beings, and that the justice and mercy of God and the immutability of His law might be forever placed beyond all question. {PP 42.3}

We still do not need to fear (be afraid) of God. God is not the exectioner. Sin has consquences, and it is ruin and death. You cannot transgress the law of God and live. Period. Not because God will arbitrarily kill you if you do, but that transgression brings its own consequences.

Satan's rebellion was to be a lesson to the universe through all coming ages--a perpetual testimony to the nature of sin and its terrible results. The working out of Satan's rule, its effects upon both men and angels, would show what must be the fruit of setting aside the divine authority. It would testify that with the existence of God's government is bound up the well-being of all the creatures He has made. Thus the history of this terrible experiment of rebellion was to be a perpetual safeguard to all holy beings, to prevent them from being deceived as to the nature of transgression, to save them from committing sin, and suffering its penalty. {PP 42.4}

Committing sin and suffering its penalty - EXECUTION BY GOD? NO! The wage of sin is death, sin pays it wage. Sin which it is full grown brings death, Romans 6:23: James 1:15.

Now the tree of life. The tree of life is necessary to sustain life. Separated from it, life becomes extinct. I believe this will be true in the earth made new also. If you do not like living with God, you will have a choice whether to live or not, just stop eating from the tree of life. There will be no one who will not eat of the tree, but it is still an option. Sin was is in addition to this in the garden of Eden at the beginning. Sin wrecked havoc on the design of God. It brought in sickness, disease, and death. The Tree of Life could have countered the death aspect of this, but it would not as I read other places of EGW have cured all the misery. It would only have sustained life. But that life was a life of misery. It was mercifull to withdraw the tree of life.

Between the school established in Eden at the beginning and the school of the hereafter there lies the whole compass of this world's history--the history of human transgression and suffering, of divine sacrifice, and of victory over death and sin. Not all the conditions of that first school of Eden will be found in the school of the future life. No tree of knowledge of good and evil will afford opportunity for temptation. No tempter is there, no possibility of wrong. Every character has withstood the testing of evil, and none are longer susceptible to its power. {Ed 301.6}

"To him that overcometh," Christ says, "will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the Paradise of God." Revelation 2:7. The giving of the tree of life in Eden was conditional, and it was finally withdrawn. But the gifts of the future life are absolute and eternal. {Ed 302.1}

The victory that Christ gained over death, that was the execution that God brings according to your view, right? Of was it something else? The death the sin brings? Death will be destroyed.

1 Corinthians 15:26 The last enemy to be destroyed is death.

IF God is the cause of death, will God be destroyed? NO. Sin is the cause of disease, sickness, and death.

Re: What saves us? [Re: APL] #153170
06/13/13 05:32 PM
06/13/13 05:32 PM
Rosangela  Offline
5500+ Member
Brazil
Quote:
OK - I take your answer to be that the penalty of sin is extrinsic, it needs to be imposed.

No, notice I said "totally intrinsic." To me, the death of the wicked is a combination of two factors: one intrinsic and one extrinsic; it's the result of the glory of God (extrinsic) acting upon sin (intrinsic). So it's not just intrinsic, neither is it just imposed.

In all who submit to His power the Spirit of God will consume sin. But if men cling to sin, they become identified with it. Then the glory of God, which destroys sin, must destroy them. ... The light of the glory of God, which imparts life to the righteous, will slay the wicked. {DA 107.4}

If you cross the street in front of a car, and are run over and die, is your death a natural consequence or the punishment for the transgression of a law? Isn’t it both? (But if someone throws himself over in front of you, he will suffer the impact of the car and die in your place, so you can scape the consequences of your act.
God is merciful and just. If God just forgave sin remitting its consequences, He would be merciful but not just. So, He suffered the consequences of sin on Himself, so that we could be forgiven. This is justification.)

Page 12 of 32 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 31 32

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/30/24 10:34 PM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 07:26 PM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!