When I first got onto the internet I tried to keep my personal information completely out, I never put in anything that could be used by others inappropriately. Well little did I know. One day I decided to join Facebook with what I thought was a absolutely unconnected page to myself, great was my surprise when a member from one of the forums I was a moderator on (not this one) figured out whose page it was and put some very inappropriate messages. That was when I knew there were more 'tags' showing who I was then I ever would have thought possible with the information I had previously given.

Well when I went to test out Windows 8 it asked for much more information than one would think was needed, and my suspicions were raised when it picked up my Facebook, email sites, and other information which it certainly was not needed for the OS. Then this week I got another shock, we were getting a tech from one of the global companies and he was explaining how their 'Smart TVs' along with the notebooks and IPads worked, and to everyones shock he told us that everything we put in or access, or select, etc.. is picked up by the ' 'cloud' ' and they have no control over what happens or how its used. Consider yourselves warned as they say.....

Last edited by Rick H; 07/12/13 12:45 PM.