HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,651
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 17
kland 6
Daryl 2
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
4 registered members (Kevin H, dedication, Karen Y, 1 invisible), 2,962 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Vision of events commencing with the Midnight Cry... #154284
07/20/13 11:26 AM
07/20/13 11:26 AM
Rick H  Offline OP
Group: Admin Team
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
I came across this article that EGW wrote, and it struck me that this was related to the conclusion of the Investigate Judgement, how most in the world would carelessly get stuck in their rejection and refuse to go forward with the light being shown by Christ.....

In February, 1845, I had a vision of events commencing with the Midnight Cry.

I saw a throne and on it sat the Father and the Son. I gazed on Jesus' countenance and admired his lovely person. The Father's person I could not behold, for a cloud of glorious light covered him.

I asked Jesus if his Father had a form like himself. He said he had, but I could not behold it, for said he if you should once behold the glory of his person you would cease to exist.

Before the throne I saw the Advent people, the church, and the world. I saw a company, bowed down before the throne, deeply interested, while the most of them stood up disinterested and careless. Those who were bowed before the throne would offer up their prayers and look to Jesus; then he would look to his Father, and appeared to be pleading with Him.

A light would come from the Father to the Son, and from the Son to the praying company. Then I saw an exceeding bright light come from the Father to the Son, and from the Son it waved over the people before the throne. But few would receive this great light; many came out from under it and immediately resisted it; others were careless and did not cherish the light, and it moved off from them; some cherished it, and went and
bowed down with the little praying company. This company all received the light, and rejoiced in it, as their countenances shone with its glory.

And I saw the Father rise from the throne, and in a flaming Chariot go into the Holy of Holies, within the veil, and did sit. There I saw thrones that I had never seen before. Then Jesus rose up from the throne, and the most of those who were bowed down arose with Him; and I did not see one ray of light pass from Jesus to the careless multitude after he arose, and they were left in perfect darkness.

Those who rose up when Jesus did, kept their eyes fixed on Him as He left the throne and led them out a little way. Then He raised His right arm and we heard his lovely voice saying, "Wait here--I am going to my Father to receive the Kingdom; keep your garments spotless, and in a little while I will return from the wedding and receive you to myself."
And I saw a cloudy chariot, with wheels like flaming fire, and Angels were all around it as it came where Jesus was. He stepped into the chariot and was borne to the Holiest where the Father sat.

There I beheld Jesus, as He was standing before the Father, a great High Priest. On the hem of His garment was a bell and pomegranate.

Then Jesus shew me the difference between faith and feeling. And I saw those who rose up with Jesus send up their faith to Him in the Holiest, and pray--my Father give us thy Spirit. Then Jesus would breathe upon them the Holy Ghost.

In the breath was light, power, and much love, joy and peace.

Then I turned to look at the company who were still bowed before the throne; they did not know that Jesus had left it.— Satan appeared to be by the throne, trying to carry on the work of God; I saw them look up to the throne and pray, my Father give us thy Spirit; then Satan would breathe upon them an unholy influence; in it there was light and much power, but no sweet love, joy and peace.

Satan's object was to keep them deceived, and to draw back and deceive God's children. I saw one after another leave the company who were praying to Jesus in the Holiest, and go and join those before the throne, and they at once received the unholy influence of Satan.

About four months since I had a vision of events all in the future. I saw the time of trouble, such as never was. Jesus told me it was the time of Jacob's trouble, and that we should be delivered out of it by the voice of God.

Then I saw the four angels cease to hold the four winds. And I saw famine, pestilence and sword--nation rose against nation, and the whole world was in confusion. Then we cried to God day and night for deliverance, until we began to hear the bells on Jesus' garment.

And I saw Jesus rise up in the Holiest, and as he came out we heard the tinkling of the bells and knew that our High Priest was coming out. Then we heard the voice of God which shook the heavens and the earth, and gave the 144,000 the day and hour of Jesus coming. Then the saints were free, united, and full of the glory of God, for he has turned their captivity.

And I saw a flaming cloud come where Jesus' stood. Then Jesus laid off his priestly garment and put on his Kingly robe, and took his place on the cloud which carried him to the East, where it first appeared to the saints on earth— a small black cloud which was the sign of the Son of Man.

While the cloud was passing from the Holiest to the East, which took a number of days, the synagogue of Satan worshipped at the saint's feet.....Early Writings, pp. 55, 56

How does everyone see this EGW vision?

Last edited by Rick H; 07/20/13 11:27 AM.
Re: Vision of events commencing with the Midnight Cry... [Re: Rick H] #154292
07/20/13 07:26 PM
07/20/13 07:26 PM
Johann  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2014

Retired Pastor
3000+ Member
Iceland
Originally Posted By: Rick H
I came across this article that EGW wrote, and it struck me that this was related to the conclusion of the Investigate Judgement, how most in the world would carelessly get stuck in their rejection and refuse to go forward with the light being shown by Christ.....

- - -

Then I turned to look at the company who were still bowed before the throne; they did not know that Jesus had left it.— Satan appeared to be by the throne, trying to carry on the work of God; I saw them look up to the throne and pray, my Father give us thy Spirit; then Satan would breathe upon them an unholy influence; in it there was light and much power, but no sweet love, joy and peace.

Satan's object was to keep them deceived, and to draw back and deceive God's children. I saw one after another leave the company who were praying to Jesus in the Holiest, and go and join those before the throne, and they at once received the unholy influence of Satan.

- - -

This is a very important vision with warnings to all Christians. Satan is doing his part to the very end. How?

"Here is a last piece of advice. If you believe in goodness and if you value the approval of God, fix your minds on the things which are holy and right and pure and beautiful and good. Model your conduct on what you have learned from me, on what I have told you and shown you, and you will find the God of peace will be with you."
Re: Vision of events commencing with the Midnight Cry... [Re: Johann] #154304
07/21/13 01:35 AM
07/21/13 01:35 AM
Rosangela  Offline
5500+ Member
Brazil
EGW sees in this vision the Midnight Cry (the 1844 movement) and events related to it (all this was in the past and present at the time she had the vision). Then she says, "About four months since I had a vision of events all in the future." Then she narrates future events beginning with the time of trouble. So, in the first part she is speaking about the beginning of the investigative judgment, not about its end.

Re: Vision of events commencing with the Midnight Cry... [Re: Rosangela] #154342
07/22/13 12:21 AM
07/22/13 12:21 AM
C
Charity  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
Can you explain more Rick?

Re: Vision of events commencing with the Midnight Cry... [Re: Charity] #154386
07/23/13 10:48 AM
07/23/13 10:48 AM
C
Charity  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
Thank you for sharing that Brother. The Midnight Cry parallels the Loud Cry of Rev. 18 which closes the Investigative Judgment and also parallels Daniel 7 and 8. Notice in the vision from EW above that when the Father enters the Most Holy Place she sees thrones she has “never seen before.” The reason they are new is that they are newly placed – judgment is about to issue in favor of the saints who are being martyred and trampled by the little horn and we know from scripture this is at the close of the IJ. In Daniel 7 it says:
Quote:
9. I beheld till the thrones were cast down, [that is, thrones of judgment are set in place. Compare this with Revelation 4 and 5.] and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment [was] white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne [was like] the fiery flame, [and] his wheels [as] burning fire. 10 A fiery stream issued and came forth from before him: thousand thousands ministered unto him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened. . . 21 I beheld, and the same horn made war with the saints, and prevailed against them; 22 Until the Ancient of days came, and judgment was given to the saints of the most High; and the time came that the saints possessed the kingdom.

Adventist doctrine places this scene of the opening of the judgment in 1844 and this is correct, but the primary application is at the close of the IJ when the little horn resumes it’s powers and speaks great words and thinks to change times and laws. Daniel 7 does not end in 1798 or 1844. It clearly takes us down to the very end of the Great Controversy and close of the Investigative Judgment. Praise the Lord we’ve been given a clear road map for the extremely dangerous and trying times ahead.

Re: Vision of events commencing with the Midnight Cry... [Re: Charity] #154399
07/23/13 06:02 PM
07/23/13 06:02 PM
Rosangela  Offline
5500+ Member
Brazil
Quote:
Notice in the vision from EW above that when the Father enters the Most Holy Place she sees thrones she has “never seen before.” The reason they are new is that they are newly placed – judgment is about to issue in favor of the saints who are being martyred and trampled by the little horn and we know from scripture this is at the close of the IJ.

The reason she sees thrones she has “never seen before” is that this vision occurs only about two months after her first vision, and it reveals to her the opening of the IJ. Notice that both Christ and the Father are not in the Most Holy Place at the beginning of the vision. Do you think they will leave the Most Holy Place and go back there again?

Re: Vision of events commencing with the Midnight Cry... [Re: Rosangela] #154423
07/24/13 02:24 PM
07/24/13 02:24 PM
C
Charity  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
Originally Posted By: Rosangela
Notice that both Christ and the Father are not in the Most Holy Place at the beginning of the vision. Do you think they will leave the Most Holy Place and go back there again?

No, you're right that Christ's ministry has been in the Holiest since 1844. We know He will not leave the Holiest until His work there is finished because He says to the church of Philadelphia that He has opened a door, the door of the Holiest, that no man can shut. In my view, the Father sits on a throne and Christ as high priest ministers standing before it. (Although in Psalms the Father says to Christ "Sit at my right hand until I make thine enemies a stool for thy feet". So we have both pictures of Christ - as mediator and king.) But in Revelation 4 and 5 and Daniel 7 we see multiple thrones - 24 in Revelation and an unspecified number in Daniel 7. These I believe are the ones that are occupied by the 24 elders who participate in the Investigative Judgment and at the end of IJ issue concurring judgment in favor of the saints. There is more in Daniel 7 and other places that supports that view. I'll comment on those texts when I have time - soon hopefully.

Last edited by Mark Shipowick; 07/24/13 02:29 PM.
Re: Vision of events commencing with the Midnight Cry... [Re: Charity] #154437
07/25/13 01:08 AM
07/25/13 01:08 AM
C
Charity  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
Rick, regarding your observation, here are a few more thoughts: The passage from Daniel 7 below, indicates the little horn power will be speaking “great things” at the time that the thrones are set in place. (Verses 8 and 9). In 1844 the little horn was quite mute, so the passage doesn’t appear to apply primarily there. In 1844 Christ did come to the Ancient of Days and the IJ began but to me it seems that the multiple thrones mentioned here and in Revelation 4 and 5 have a future application when the IJ enters its final phase. What is that final phase? When the little horn resumes it’s powers and again speaks “great things”.
Quote:
8 I considered the horns, and, behold, there came up among them another little horn, before whom there were three of the first horns plucked up by the roots: and, behold, in this horn [were] eyes like the eyes of man, and a mouth speaking great things. 9. I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment [was] white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne [was like] the fiery flame, [and] his wheels [as] burning fire. 10 A fiery stream issued and came forth from before him: thousand thousands ministered unto him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened. 11 I beheld then because of the voice of the great words which the horn spake: I beheld [even] till the beast was slain, and his body destroyed, and given to the burning flame.

Re: Vision of events commencing with the Midnight Cry... [Re: Charity] #154453
07/25/13 10:30 AM
07/25/13 10:30 AM
C
Charity  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
The idea of a two phased IJ with the first starting when Christ entered the Holiest in 1844 then later the final intense/global phase when He’s joined by the 24 elders is a new thought to me. I’m still studying it out but what I said regarding the timing and phases of the IJ above in verses 8 to 11 seems to be reinforced by the interpretation Daniel is given by one of the holy ones in verses 25 to 27: We have the same picture of the little horn speaking great words against the Most High and oppressing the saints up until the close of the IJ when judgment issues in favor of the saints. Verse 26 says the judgment shall sit at that time when oppression by the little horn is renewed. This must be after 1844. This phase begins when the daily is finally removed or taken away and ends with the abomination of desolation when Babylon receives the plagues at the close of the IJ and the Kingdoms of earth are given to Christ and ‘the people of the saints of the Most High’.

To me it’s an awesome thought that not only angels will be active participants in the final drama but that God will be joined by the 24 elders (I'll comment on who they are in my next post) in His care and final work of judgment for the saints. So Rick, in my view, what Ellen White does with the Midnight Cry and IJ is the same thing Daniel does with IJ in Daniel 7, 8 and 11 and 12. They both combine events that cover the time from 1844 to the very end in the same way Christ combined the final elements of human history with the destruction of Jerusalem in 70AD.
Quote:
25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time. 26 But the judgment shall sit, and they shall take away his dominion, to consume and to destroy it unto the end. 27 And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him.

Re: Vision of events commencing with the Midnight Cry... [Re: Charity] #154481
07/27/13 10:46 AM
07/27/13 10:46 AM
C
Charity  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
Regarding the 24 elders, these have an important role in end time events because they're mentioned many times in Revelation in the final scenes of human history. The 24 elders are not mentioned directly in any other scripture. They only appear in Revelation but their presence is throughout the book. They're introduced at that time just before the Lamb takes the seven sealed book from the hand of the Father. Ellen White indicates that Revelation is both a sealed and opened book. In saying this she indicates that parts of it are open but parts remain sealed. Revelation 4 and 5 indicate that the 24 elders come to the forefront when the final unsealing of the scroll occurs.

More on this later, Lord willing. For now here are all the passages in Revelation where the elders appear:
Quote:
Rev_4:4 And round about the throne were four and twenty seats: and upon the seats I saw four and twenty elders sitting, clothed in white raiment; and they had on their heads crowns of gold.
Rev 4:8 And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.
Rev 4:9 And when those beasts give glory and honour and thanks to him that sat on the throne, who liveth for ever and ever,
Rev 4:10 The four and twenty elders fall down before him that sat on the throne, and worship him that liveth for ever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying,
Rev 4:11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.
Rev_5:5-8. And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Juda, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof. And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth. . . . And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints.
Rev_5:11 And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands;
Rev_5:14 And the four beasts said, Amen. And the four and twenty elders fell down and worshipped him that liveth for ever and ever.
Rev_7:11 And all the angels stood round about the throne, and about the elders and the four beasts, and fell before the throne on their faces, and worshipped God,
Rev_7:13 And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?
Rev 11:15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.
Rev 11:16 And the four and twenty elders, which sat before God on their seats, fell upon their faces, and worshipped God,
Rev 11:17 Saying, We give thee thanks, O Lord God Almighty, which art, and wast, and art to come; because thou hast taken to thee thy great power, and hast reigned.
Rev 11:18 And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.
Rev 11:19 And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail.
Rev_14:3 And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.
Rev_19:4 And the four and twenty elders and the four beasts fell down and worshipped God that sat on the throne, saying, Amen; Alleluia.

Re: Vision of events commencing with the Midnight Cry... [Re: Charity] #154483
07/27/13 12:29 PM
07/27/13 12:29 PM
C
Charity  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
The two phases of Investigative Judgment can also be delineated in terms of the latter rain - pre-latter rain phase and latter rain phase. From 1844 until now we’ve been in the pre-latter rain corporately but when the latter rain is given, then the final events will be rapid. Above I suggested that Revelation 4 and 5 indicate that the 24 elders come to the forefront when the final unsealing of the scroll occurs. But the unsealing of the scroll, Revelation 6, the final ripening or sealing of the 12 spiritual tribes composing the church, Revelation 7, the final warning message sounding in the trumpets, the final warning message of the Mighty Angel and the Two Witnesses, Revelation 10 and 11, the final warning message of the three angel’s and amplified in the Loud Cry, Revelation 14 and 18 all point to the mighty work of God under the latter rain.

In the picture of the sealing of the 12 tribes we have a picture of the ripening of the harvest under the latter rain. The sealing and the ripening are pictures of the same event - the establishment of the New Covenant in the hearts and minds of the saints. The 24 crowned elders are prominent here because the elders are those who have been through the same process and obtained victory during their lifetime and therefore with Christ know how to encourage and strengthen the children of God in their hour of peril.

Re: Vision of events commencing with the Midnight Cry... [Re: Rosangela] #154490
07/27/13 02:57 PM
07/27/13 02:57 PM
Rick H  Offline OP
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
Originally Posted By: Rosangela
EGW sees in this vision the Midnight Cry (the 1844 movement) and events related to it (all this was in the past and present at the time she had the vision). Then she says, "About four months since I had a vision of events all in the future." Then she narrates future events beginning with the time of trouble. So, in the first part she is speaking about the beginning of the investigative judgment, not about its end.
The two however, are related, it is only the length of the IJ which is in question. But this part, "Then I turned to look at the company who were still bowed before the throne; they did not know that Jesus had left it.— Satan appeared to be by the throne, trying to carry on the work of God; I saw them look up to the throne and pray, my Father give us thy Spirit; then Satan would breathe upon them an unholy influence; in it there was light and much power, but no sweet love, joy and peace...Satan's object was to keep them deceived, and to draw back and deceive God's children. I saw one after another leave the company who were praying to Jesus in the Holiest, and go and join those before the throne, and they at once received the unholy influence of Satan..." has been in effect and the results we are seeing now. In my opinion Ellen White felt it was but a short time from that to the end thus she puts them together, but we shall see.

Re: Vision of events commencing with the Midnight Cry... [Re: Rick H] #154494
07/27/13 06:54 PM
07/27/13 06:54 PM
C
Charity  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
In my opinion Ellen White felt it was but a short time from that to the end thus she puts them together, but we shall see.

Spiritual formation and the occult clothed in Christian dress is an ancient phenomena but will become acute at the end. Should we be surprised that the intensity of all these things is increasing inside and outside of the church? We can't let it become our focus.

That said, sorry my friend for monopolizing your thread. I thought you were referring to some of the things I mentioned. Now that I've said them though, if you're inclined to answer here or in another/new thread, what are your thoughts on the timing of the opening of the books in Daniel 7:8-11 and 25-27 and my suggestion that these passages apply secondarily to 1844 but primarily to the future.

Re: Vision of events commencing with the Midnight Cry... [Re: Charity] #154500
07/28/13 12:02 AM
07/28/13 12:02 AM
Rick H  Offline OP
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
Originally Posted By: Mark Shipowick
In my opinion Ellen White felt it was but a short time from that to the end thus she puts them together, but we shall see.

Spiritual formation and the occult clothed in Christian dress is an ancient phenomena but will become acute at the end. Should we be surprised that the intensity of all these things is increasing inside and outside of the church? We can't let it become our focus.

That said, sorry my friend for monopolizing your thread. I thought you were referring to some of the things I mentioned. Now that I've said them though, if you're inclined to answer here or in another/new thread, what are your thoughts on the timing of the opening of the books in Daniel 7:8-11 and 25-27 and my suggestion that these passages apply secondarily to 1844 but primarily to the future.
Don't worry its a difficult subject, very hard to get a handle on. So its good to get input and see what we can learn and what understanding God has for us.

Re: Vision of events commencing with the Midnight Cry... [Re: Charity] #154559
07/30/13 07:06 PM
07/30/13 07:06 PM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: Mark Shipowick
From 1844 until now we’ve been in the pre-latter rain corporately but when the latter rain is given, then the final events will be rapid.

If you are speaking of "former rain" and "latter rain" in terms of a Pentecostal experience, you are really hoping in vain. The agricultural imagery has been lost on our highly urban civilization. Here is how James put it (James 5:7-8):

----------

#1. Be patient therefore, brethren, unto the coming of the Lord.

#2. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth, and hath long patience for it, until he receive the early and latter rain.

#3. Be ye also patient; stablish your hearts: for the coming of the Lord draweth nigh.

-------------

In other words, it is not the rain that is the principal subject of the allusion, but the HOPE of the harvest. Just as how the farmer prays for and waits patiently for the rain, so we ought to patiently hope for the coming of the Lord in redemption. The "rain" is actually the Lord, and the harvest our salvation.

The rain will come! It will come! And the harvest will be bountiful! Indeed, in modern parlance, the same can be rendered, "My Dad will come! He will come! And I will finally get my iPad!"

Speaking to an agrarian culture, "the rain" is the LORD. But we abusing agricultural imagery by misappropriating it to Pentecostal experiences.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderator  dedication 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/28/24 02:32 PM
Meaning of Lazarus and the Rich Man
by dedication. 05/27/24 10:56 PM
What is the Biblical Reckoning of a Day?
by dedication. 05/27/24 01:26 AM
Soul and Body sleep
by Rick H. 05/25/24 09:15 AM
The Flood
by Rick H. 05/25/24 09:12 AM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/21/24 02:04 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by dedication. 05/29/24 01:05 AM
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/28/24 12:05 AM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!