HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,641
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 15
kland 6
Daryl 2
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (Karen Y, daylily, dedication), 3,117 guests, and 9 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
Re: Is a lukewarm Laodicean in a saved state? #15600
09/20/05 03:53 AM
09/20/05 03:53 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
quote:
I suspect a connection to spiritual blindness.
What is spiritual blindness?

Re: Is a lukewarm Laodicean in a saved state? #15601
09/20/05 05:48 AM
09/20/05 05:48 AM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden
Tom

There is a tread dedicated to find that answere...

Re: Is a lukewarm Laodicean in a saved state? #15602
09/20/05 01:39 PM
09/20/05 01:39 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Is that right?

Re: Is a lukewarm Laodicean in a saved state? #15603
09/21/05 03:37 AM
09/21/05 03:37 AM
Mountain Man  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
The Costly Wares of Heaven.--The wares of heaven are offered to our churches. Every individual needs to have a decided interest in the invitation of Christ. Brethren and sisters, are your thoughts after this order? "These sharp, decided words do not mean me; I am in a fairly good condition spiritually, though I may not have all the fervor and zeal that some have. I believe the truth. Those to whom this message belongs may take it. I think some need it." You who think and reason thus, be assured that you are the very ones to whom this message belongs. While the costly wares of heaven are open before you, draw nigh and buy that which you have lost--the gold of love and faith, and the white raiment which is the righteousness of Christ (Letter 30a, 1892). {7BC 964.9}

Virtues Wanting Among Us.--The gold that Jesus would have us buy of Him is gold tried in the fire; it is the gold of faith and love, that has no defiling substance mingled with it. The white raiment is the righteousness of Christ, the wedding garment which Christ alone can give. The eyesalve is the true spiritual discernment that is so wanting among us, for spiritual things must be spiritually discerned (RH April 1, 1890). {7BC 965.1}

(Isa. 64:6; Phil. 3:9.) Ample Provision for All.--The true Witness has said, "Buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear." What is the shame of this nakedness and poverty? It is the shame of clothing ourselves with self-righteousness, and of separating ourselves from God, when He has made ample provision for all to receive His blessing (HS 139). {7BC 965.2}

(Ch. 7:14.) Encouraging Counsel for the Church.--The counsel of the true Witness is full of encouragement and comfort. The churches may yet obtain the gold of truth, faith, and love, and be rich in heavenly treasure. "Buy of me gold . . . that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear." The white raiment is the righteousness of Christ that may be wrought into the character. Purity of heart, purity of motive, will characterize every one who is washing his robe, and making it white in the blood of the Lamb (RH July 24, 1888). {7BC 965.3}

(Isa. 61:10; Zech. 3:4, 5.) Woven in the Loom of Heaven.--There is nothing in us from which we can clothe the soul so that its nakedness shall not appear. We are to receive the robe of righteousness woven in the loom of heaven, even the spotless robe of Christ's righteousness (RH July 19, 1892). {7BC 965.4}

(Matt. 6:22; James 1:23-25.) Correct Views for the Conscience.-- The eye is the sensitive conscience, the inner light, of the mind. Upon its correct view of things the spiritual healthfulness of the whole soul and being depends. The "eyesalve," the Word of God, makes the conscience smart under its application; for it convicts of sin. But the smarting is necessary that the healing may follow, and the eye be single to the glory of God. The sinner, beholding himself in God's great moral looking glass, sees himself as God views him, and exercises repentance toward God and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.... {7BC 965.5}

The Laodiceans . . . were not entirely blind, else the eyesalve would have done nothing to restore their sight, and enable them to discern the true attributes of Christ. Says Christ, By renouncing your own self-sufficiency, giving up all things, however dear to you, you may buy the gold, the raiment, and the eyesalve that you may see (RH Nov. 23, 1897). {7BC 965.6}

Re: Is a lukewarm Laodicean in a saved state? #15604
09/21/05 03:50 AM
09/21/05 03:50 AM
razorren  Offline
Bahamas
quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Man:
No born again believer, who is abiding in Jesus, is lukewarm. It's impossible to abide in Jesus and be lukewarm. Anyone who is lukewarm is not in a saved state. Period. If they refuse to "repent" their case is hopeless.

What does it mean to be lukewarm?

I think many fear to answer this question because it causes deep intraspection and it often speaks of our own personal condition that we may not be aware of or in denial of.

There were points in my own life that I found myself in this condition and it was the convicting power of the Holy Spirit that made me realize the dangereous ground that I was on.

When I re-read the words of Christ in Rev, I draw from it that the Laodcean member is walking that dangereaous middle ground. In the church, paying tithe, etc, but lacking the fruits of the Spirit. Without the friuts manifested in our lives we would have no desire to share Christ with our family and friends, we would have no desire to help those who lack and are in need, no desire to tell the world that Christ is soon to come, etc. And thus we are lukewarm.

Like the fig tree that Jesus cursed...it looked outwardly good, but it bore no fruit. The Laodcean looks outwardly christian, but his life bears no fruit. He does enough for others to say he is indeed saved, the fruit inspector knows that he is worthy to be cast off.

These are my thoughts...

And now a question...

What would happen if all over the conferences, pastors and elders would stand up and say that we are in a Laodcean state and must repent before it is too late? What would happen if they preached a message that we are lukewarm and need to awaken?

What would happen? Should it happen? Why has'nt it happened?

--Ren

Re: Is a lukewarm Laodicean in a saved state? #15605
09/20/05 04:36 PM
09/20/05 04:36 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
It is the message of Christ's rightouesness which awakens one. It is the goodness of God which leads to repentance. If we want to see revival and repentance, the means to accomplish this is to present God's goodness as it is in Christ. When Christ's character is perceived, it's contrast to our own is discerned.

Re: Is a lukewarm Laodicean in a saved state? #15606
09/20/05 09:52 PM
09/20/05 09:52 PM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden
quote:
Originally posted by Tom Ewall:
Is that right?

Could have been but noone seems up to it...

Re: Is a lukewarm Laodicean in a saved state? #15607
09/20/05 10:02 PM
09/20/05 10:02 PM
Will  Offline
Most Dedicated Member
BC, Canada
It looks like the Laodecian condition is one of laziness because they think they haveit all, when Christ says they have nothing, and are in bad shape.
Ultimately we need to be out there sharing the Gospel with others, and if we do not have the Holy Spirit then we cannot do this because we really wont care to do it cause we think "we have it made".
Am I on the right track with this thought so far?
God Bless,
Will

Re: Is a lukewarm Laodicean in a saved state? #15608
09/20/05 10:12 PM
09/20/05 10:12 PM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden
What would happen if all the church elders and pastors who lead mainly lukewarm congregations would lead the way to some serious focused searching of Gods kingdom, His will, His presence? It would do the churches more good I think to truly start puting God first than to merely hear a sermon on how little fruit they show...

/Thomas

Re: Is a lukewarm Laodicean in a saved state? #15609
09/20/05 10:40 PM
09/20/05 10:40 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
I agree about the futility of the need-to-show-fruit part, but think the driving point needs to be not putting God first but an emphasis on God's goodness. It's the goodness of God which leads to repentance, so that is what we need to see.

The whole purpose of Christ's ministry was to reveal God's character in order that men might be set right with Him. That should be the purpose of our ministry as well.

Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/21/24 04:50 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/21/24 02:04 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by kland. 05/17/24 04:47 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!