HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,609
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 9
Daryl 4
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Daryl, Karen Y, dedication, ProdigalOne, 2 invisible), 3,111 guests, and 13 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 71 of 104 1 2 69 70 71 72 73 103 104
Re: Does God Punish? (Part 2) [Re: jamesonofthunder] #157866
11/02/13 12:29 AM
11/02/13 12:29 AM
jamesonofthunder  Offline
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Everything you quote is about before the end of this age, while Satan still has control of the wicked.

God takes away that control by slaying the wicked at the second coming, are you saying they die as a result of Satan at the second coming? Death will flee them and they call on the rocks to hide them from the glory yet you say it is Satan that takes their lives that slays them?

Then when they are resurrected they just die as a natural effect of sin? No hell coming down from heaven?

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: Does God Punish? (Part 2) [Re: jamesonofthunder] #157868
11/02/13 01:22 AM
11/02/13 01:22 AM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
"The next morning a message was brought to David by the prophet Gad: “Thus saith the Lord, Choose thee either three years’ famine; or three months to be destroyed before thy foes, while that the sword of thine enemies overtaketh thee; or else three days the sword of the Lord, even the pestilence, in the land, and the angel of the Lord destroying throughout all the coasts of Israel. Now therefore,” said the prophet, “advise thyself what word I shall bring again to him that sent me.” {TA 127.3} The king’s answer was, ... “Let us fall now into the hand of the Lord; for his mercies are great: and let me not fall into the hand of man.”—Patriarchs and Prophets, 747, 748. {TA 127.4}
Swift destruction followed. Seventy thousand were destroyed by pestilence. David and the elders of Israel were in the deepest humiliation, mourning before the Lord. As the angel of the Lord was on his way to destroy Jerusalem, God bade him stay his work of death.... The angel, clad in warlike garments, with a drawn sword in his hand, stretched out over Jerusalem, is revealed to David, and to those who are with him. David is terribly afraid, yet he cries out in his distress and his compassion for Israel. He begs of God to save the sheep. In anguish he confesses, “I have sinned, and I have done wickedly; but these sheep, what have they done? Let thine hand, I pray thee, be against me, and against my father’s house.”—The Spirit of Prophecy 1:385, 386. {TA 127.5}
The destroying angel had stayed his course outside Jerusalem. He stood upon Mount Moriah, “in the threshing-floor of Ornan the Jebusite.” Directed by the prophet, David went to the mountain, and there built an altar to the Lord, “and offered burnt offerings and peace offerings, and called upon the Lord; and he answered him from heaven by fire upon the altar of burnt offering.” “So the Lord was entreated for the land, and the plague was stayed from Israel.” {TA 128.1}

If you have wisdom APL, Who is this angel of the Lord who was going to destroy Jerusalem? Is it, as you seem to say, Satan? Or is this the same angel who slayed the first born of Egypt as the Spirit of Prophecy says?

You are being judged by your response.

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: Does God Punish? (Part 2) [Re: APL] #157870
11/02/13 02:04 AM
11/02/13 02:04 AM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Originally Posted By: APL
M: Jesus had two choices - 1) Create free moral agents and deal with the great controversy, or 2) Not create free moral agents and not deal with the great controversy. I'm surprised you have no problem with Jesus sustaining evil men and evil angels with life. In so doing He is culpable, responsible. I'm also surprised you have no problem with Jesus commanding holy men to kill criminals and enemy soldiers.

A: In the original creation, everything was very good.
Did God create leprosy? I guess MM you'd say YES. Do you agree? Next question - for what purpose? To torment humans?

No, Jesus didn't create disease in the beginning. Disease is the result of sin. Nevertheless, Jesus sustains the laws of nature that make it possible for disease to exist and act.

Re: Does God Punish? (Part 2) [Re: Mountain Man] #157871
11/02/13 02:13 AM
11/02/13 02:13 AM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
M: Jesus had two choices - 1) Create free moral agents and deal with the great controversy, or 2) Not create free moral agents and not deal with the great controversy. I'm surprised you have no problem with Jesus sustaining evil men and evil angels with life. In so doing He is culpable, responsible. I'm also surprised you have no problem with Jesus commanding holy men to kill criminals and enemy soldiers.

A: In the original creation, everything was very good.
Did God create leprosy? I guess MM you'd say YES. Do you agree? Next question - for what purpose? To torment humans?

No, Jesus didn't create disease in the beginning. Disease is the result of sin. Nevertheless, Jesus sustains the laws of nature that make it possible for disease to exist and act.
Is God responsible for sin? He is in control after all, nothing happens unless He permits it, right? So is He responsible for sin?

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Does God Punish? (Part 2) [Re: jamesonofthunder] #157872
11/02/13 02:16 AM
11/02/13 02:16 AM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Originally Posted By: jamesonofthunder
Everything you quote is about before the end of this age, while Satan still has control of the wicked.

God takes away that control by slaying the wicked at the second coming, are you saying they die as a result of Satan at the second coming? Death will flee them and they call on the rocks to hide them from the glory yet you say it is Satan that takes their lives that slays them?

Then when they are resurrected they just die as a natural effect of sin? No hell coming down from heaven?
You misunderstand - again. ALL death, ALL sickness, ALL disease is caused by sin. Of course, Satan is the AUTHOR of sin.

What death did Jesus Christ die? The first death or the second JSOT? And no, you did not answer my question right before your message...

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Does God Punish? (Part 2) [Re: APL] #157873
11/02/13 03:57 AM
11/02/13 03:57 AM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
It's not a question of which death did Jesus die APL because He died them both.

Jesus was "cut off" in Gethsemane on Thursday evening with no direct communication with the Father until His resurrection, (just like perdition of the wicked) the Father feeling everything Jesus suffered. Jesus died the second death baptized in blood in Gethsemane, THEN He died the mortal death on the cross. So He died them both. He had to die the exact way each of us would have had to at the second resurrection if we never found Him. This is also proof that the execution of justice is ordained by God or there could have been another way. Right? Jesus kept asking the Father "is there another way" in Gethsemane.

And if you think about it that is also the order of the corporate second death of the second resurrection. They start to sweat blood themselves understanding that this is it for them outside the New Jerusalem. Then they physically die with fire and brimstone falling out of heaven just like Sodom. First they die spiritually then they die physically, forever.

The antithesis of their second death experience is fulfilled in a corporate way by the 144,000 true disciples of Christ who stand before the wrath of God without an intercessor during the great time of trouble, except they survive through perseverance in the Spirit. They are seen standing on mt Zion in heaven spiritually, while their bodies are on earth. They go wherever the lamb goes before He even physically gets here.

And I do agree that sin is the cause of all sickness, but it's not like being good has the effect of Holiness or immortality, it's the other way around. Adams covering of light in the Garden was lost the moment of sin. We can never gain this back without the giver of life recreating us in second birth. There is an order. Living in the life of Christ is Holiness and it is the key to conversion which leads to service. His life is our perfection. God has the power over life and death. He has an order. So the justification of God's strange act is in the order of sacrifice. There was a scapegoat, and a goat for the LORD.

The body of the scapegoat was burned on the Miphkad altar after it died in the wilderness of forgetfulness.

God is perfect in mercy but also demands justice. Jesus had to die that which we would have died to fulfill all righteousness. The punishment is from God for breaking His commandment, Which also includes Satan having dominion over torment of the body for a season, but our advocate is also our redeemer who already went through it for us. We have good God, who is also just.

If the thought of forgiveness before God does not touch the mind of the supplicant then there is no power in the prayer. The true Spirit of God always convicts first, then you move on to forgiveness after the propitiation. The transference of sins must take place or nothing happened.

There is a place that Jesus wants us always to remember, and that is His night of self sacrifice in the Garden after the Last Supper. Without the transference of sins Jesus could not have died because He had not sinned. After He became sin He could then die on the cross. This propitiation happened the moment He said "Not my will, but yours be done Father". This is a lesson for us.

This whole thing is the sign of Jonah, who spent three days and nights in the belly of the wale. This is a sign to understand. Here are they who have reason. Jesus suffered for us for three days and nights beginning in Gethsemane Thursday evening, like a man in the breach after probation, with the sins of every man on His head. No communication from the Father, AND suffering the consequence of the weight of every sin as if He did it Himself (Satan had power over tormenting Jesus in Gethsemane after He said now is the hour of the power of darkness, suffering our consequences, this part is connected to what you believe APL). Like He literally walked in my shoes at that moment of my second death, then suffered the wrath of it's consequence. If God didn't have something to do with this level of punishment that His Son went through for us, then He has no control. Jesus paid the FULL penalty for my sins. Everything. In this is faith.

Without these common denominators any attempt of comprehending scripture/prophecy is futile beyond. This I know with all my soul.

Re: Does God Punish? (Part 2) [Re: APL] #157874
11/02/13 06:06 AM
11/02/13 06:06 AM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA

You misunderstand - again. ALL death, ALL sickness, ALL disease is caused by sin. Of course, Satan is the AUTHOR of sin.

What death did Jesus Christ die? The first death or the second JSOT? And no, you did not answer my question right before your message...

Would you agree that this universe has been affected as much as earth in the scale of destruction? I doubt if Pulsars and quasars and black holes and super novas are in a perfect universe. Why would God permit galaxies to collide in a perfect universe? There is more matter in the darkness than in the light here, but in heaven you can see from one side of the universe to the other.

God protects us from the devastation Satan has been trying to unleash. I see all of that. But this universe is not the highest order in creation. God's heavenly dwelling place is outside of these boundaries and restraints. APL you're seeing everything from this worlds perspective. God speaks to us from His perspective. God had realized the wages of sin before He created Lucifer, but out of love He created him any way. There was war in heaven THEN the dragon was cast down. Then there is more war, but this time on earth against the remnant. Different paradigm. Keep that in mind when seeing the perspective of the prophecies.

The destruction of the wicked is executed by God with the result of eliminating death. This is the goal. No sin, no death.

Re: Does God Punish? (Part 2) [Re: jamesonofthunder] #157878
11/02/13 10:36 AM
11/02/13 10:36 AM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA

Would you agree that this universe has been affected as much as earth in the scale of destruction? I doubt if Pulsars and quasars and black holes and super novas are in a perfect universe. Why would God permit galaxies to collide in a perfect universe? There is more matter in the darkness than in the light here, but in heaven you can see from one side of the universe to the other.

God protects us from the devastation Satan has been trying to unleash. I see all of that. But this universe is not the highest order in creation. God's heavenly dwelling place is outside of these boundaries and restraints. APL you're seeing everything from this worlds perspective. God speaks to us from His perspective. God had realized the wages of sin before He created Lucifer, but out of love He created him any way. There was war in heaven THEN the dragon was cast down. Then there is more war, but this time on earth against the remnant. Different paradigm. Keep that in mind when seeing the perspective of the prophecies.

The destruction of the wicked is executed by God with the result of eliminating death. This is the goal. No sin, no death.

The reason Satan did not die immediately was because it would have been assumed that God had killed him. The universe would not have known that the natural consequences of sin is death. The results of sin had to be seen and understood by all the universe.

Sickness, suffering, and death are work of an antagonistic power. Satan is the destroyer; God is the restorer. {MH 113.1}

The words spoken to Israel are true today of those who recover health of body or health of soul. "I am the Lord that healeth thee." Exodus 15:26. {MH 113.2}

The discord which his own course had caused in heaven, Satan charged upon the government of God. All evil he declared to be the result of the divine administration. He claimed that it was his own object to improve upon the statutes of Jehovah. Therefore God permitted him to demonstrate the nature of his claims, to show the working out of his proposed changes in the divine law. His own work must condemn him. Satan had claimed from the first that he was not in rebellion. The whole universe must see the deceiver unmasked. {PP 42.2}

Even when he was cast out of heaven, Infinite Wisdom did not destroy Satan. Since only the service of love can be acceptable to God, the allegiance of His creatures must rest upon a conviction of His justice and benevolence. The inhabitants of heaven and of the worlds, being unprepared to comprehend the nature or consequences of sin, could not then have seen the justice of God in the destruction of Satan. Had he been immediately blotted out of existence, some would have served God from fear rather than from love. The influence of the deceiver would not have been fully destroyed, nor would the spirit of rebellion have been utterly eradicated. For the good of the entire universe through ceaseless ages, he must more fully develop his principles, that his charges against the divine government might be seen in their true light by all created beings, and that the justice and mercy of God and the immutability of His law might be forever placed beyond all question. {PP 42.3}

Satan's rebellion was to be a lesson to the universe through all coming ages--a perpetual testimony to the nature of sin and its terrible results. The working out of Satan's rule, its effects upon both men and angels, would show what must be the fruit of setting aside the divine authority. It would testify that with the existence of God's government is bound up the well-being of all the creatures He has made. Thus the history of this terrible experiment of rebellion was to be a perpetual safeguard to all holy beings, to prevent them from being deceived as to the nature of transgression, to save them from committing sin, and suffering its penalty. {PP 42.4}

He that ruleth in the heavens is the one who sees the end from the beginning--the one before whom the mysteries of the past and the future are alike outspread, and who, beyond the woe and darkness and ruin that sin has wrought, beholds the accomplishment of His own purposes of love and blessing. Though "clouds and darkness are round about Him: righteousness and judgment are the foundation of His throne." Psalm 97:2, R.V. And this the inhabitants of the universe, both loyal and disloyal, will one day understand. "His work is perfect: for all His ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is He." Deuteronomy 32:4. {PP 43.1}

Re: Does God Punish? (Part 2) [Re: APL] #157882
11/02/13 09:41 PM
11/02/13 09:41 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Again, I totally agree with every word you just printed, but not one word of those quotes says anything about God's role in the destruction of the wicked.

Hell is not a boiling point of evil destroying itself. God rains fire down out of heaven to ignite the remnants of sin so they are destroyed.

I take it you are applying those quotes to me, such as "The discord which his own course had caused in heaven, Satan charged upon the government of God. All evil he declared to be the result of the divine administration". And I suppose you are saying I am doing the same thing by saying God destroys the wicked in His strange act?

If you can read this next quote and still assert your knowledge of this issue is correct then there is no sense in even trying to correct you any more.

Pay close attention, it may be your last warning...

"To our merciful God the act of punishment is a strange act. “As I live, saith the Lord God, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked.” Ezekiel 33:11.... Yet He will “by no means clear the guilty.” “The Lord is slow to anger, and great in power, and will not at all acquit the wicked.” Exodus 34:6, 7; Nahum 1:3. By terrible things in righteousness He will vindicate the authority of His downtrodden law. The severity of the retribution awaiting the transgressor may be judged by the Lord’s reluctance to execute justice. The nation with which He bears long, and which He will not smite until it has filled up the measure of its iniquity in God’s account, will finally drink the cup of wrath unmixed with mercy. {FLB 338.5}
After God has done all that could be done to save men, if they still show by their lives that they slight offered mercy, death will be their portion; and it will be a dreadful death, for they will have to feel the agony that Christ felt upon the cross. They will then realize what they have lost—eternal life and the immortal inheritance. {FLB 338.6}

So you are saying this is not God doing this?

Are you saying the wrath of God was not involved in what Jesus felt on the cross?

Re: Does God Punish? (Part 2) [Re: jamesonofthunder] #157883
11/02/13 09:48 PM
11/02/13 09:48 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
"As the Son of God bowed in the attitude of prayer in the Garden of Gethsemane, the agony of His spirit forced from His pores sweat like great drops of blood. It was here that the horror of great darkness surrounded Him. The sins of the world were upon Him. He was suffering in man’s stead as a transgressor of His Father’s law. Here was the scene of temptation. The divine light of God was receding from His vision, and He was passing into the hands of the powers of darkness. In His soul anguish He lay prostrate on the cold earth. He was realizing His Father’s frown. He had taken the cup of suffering from the lips of guilty man, and proposed to drink it Himself, and in its place give to man the cup of blessing. The wrath that would have fallen upon man was now falling upon Christ. It was here that the mysterious cup trembled in His hand. {2T 203.2}

This wrath, is it from Satan or is it from God against sin?

Page 71 of 104 1 2 69 70 71 72 73 103 104

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/30/24 10:34 PM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Daryl. 05/01/24 07:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by ProdigalOne. 04/29/24 04:47 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!