HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,641
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 15
kland 6
Daryl 2
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, Kevin H), 3,403 guests, and 8 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: What comes first-- The Sunday law or the Church judgment? [Re: jamesonofthunder] #160608
01/20/14 02:48 AM
01/20/14 02:48 AM
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: jamesonofthunder
Originally Posted By: dedication
When the early church in apostolic times received the outpouring of the Holy Spirit, they too were judged worthy to receive it, did that mean their probation was closed?

Very good question and the answer is yes, the outpouring of the Holy Spirit SEALED the waiting disciples on the day of Pentecost.

So are you equating their "sealing" with "probation closed"?

Are you saying their probation closed on the day of Pentecost? Everyone in the upper room was now "once saved always saved", with no more chance of backsliding?

Obviously probation had not yet closed on the nation of Israel or on Jerusalem, as thousands were converted AFTER Pentecost.

When the Holy Spirit descended upon the group in Cornelius house, were they too sealed, their probation closed, and now they were in a state of once saved always saved?

When Paul wrote --
Ephesians 1:12-13 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.
In whom you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that you believed, you were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Was he telling them that their time of probation was over they were "once saved always saved"?

Re: What comes first-- The Sunday law or the Church judgment? [Re: Godsloveandlaw] #160609
01/20/14 03:20 AM
01/20/14 03:20 AM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: Godsloveandlaw
Sorry brother, (wrong gender) I see only symbolical meaning here from you and your spin on the quotes. Won't be able to address you further as we are not on the same page. One is being guided by the Spirit of Truth one is not, we shall soon see.

????????????????

Symbolic? How is it any more symbolic than what you have been presenting?

The question was concerning the Biblical meaning of Israel?

1. Originally it was the name given to Jacob.
Gen. 32:28 "Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel:

What's symbolic about that -- The name ISRAEL was given to Jacob the night when he wrestled with the angel.

2. The name later was applied to Jacob's descendants -- the twelve tribes stemming from Jacob.

What's symbolic about that? That is as factual as your Bible. Jacob's descendants were called "the children of Israel".

3. Jesus is the true Israel
He is the ultimate Prince that prevails
I trust you do not see that as symbolic for it is the very foundation of salvation.
Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

We can see scripture pointing us to Jesus as the foundation of all true Israel.

Matt. 2:15 Out of Egypt have I called my son." Notice that Matthew is quoting Hosea 11:1, which originally referred to the nation of Israel coming out of Egypt, yet now he declares it "fulfilled" in Jesus Christ!

Another example is where God called Israel "the seed of Abraham." Isaiah 41:8. Yet Paul later wrote that Abraham's seed does not refer to "many," but to "one, ... which is Christ." Galatians 3:16

Jesus is the chief corner stone.

4. All who are in Christ are now Israel.

Gal. 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

These are the ones who would rather die than bring dishonor to His name. They are the "children of God".
Romans 8:16 The Spirit itself bears witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

Rev. 14:12 Here is the perseverance of the saints, here are they that keep the commandments of God and have the faith of Jesus.

John 15:5 He is the vine, we are the branches.
Without HIM we are nothing, and can do nothing.
But with Him all things are possible to His glory!

These are the "true Israel".

Then you asked for quotes showing that Israel was symbolic for for the world.
Of course God's Israel is NOT THE WORLD!

So I realized you were referring to the passage in Ezekiel about Jerusalem, and I simply gave you passages from EGW showing that the awful destruction of Jerusalem foreshadowed the greater destruction of the world.

Yes, there are quotes that connect Jerusalem's destruction with the destruction of the world.

And yes, as soon as one thinks of Jerusalem meaning anything other than the city over in Palestine -- they are getting into symbolic representations.

Quote:
"Christ saw in Jerusalem a symbol of the world hardened in unbelief and rebellion, and hastening on to meet the retributive judgments of God. GC 22

"As He warned His disciples of Jerusalem's destruction, giving them a sign of the approaching ruin, that they might make their escape; so He has warned the world of the day of final destruction GC 38

The Saviour's prophecy concerning the visitation of judgments upon Jerusalem is to have another fulfillment, of which that terrible desolation was but a faint shadow. In the fate of the chosen city we may behold the doom of a world that has rejected God's mercy and trampled upon his law. GC 88

And I most certainly don't see anything symbolic about my answer as to what it means to strive to be among the 144,000.

To strive to be among the 144,000 means we are to study and pray that we be so settled in Christ and in truth that we will not be moved.

Only those who follow Christ where ever HE leads, and aren't turned away by deceit and spiritual adultery will be among the 144,000 (That's plain in Rev 14:1-3)

Re: What comes first-- The Sunday law or the Church judgment? [Re: dedication] #160614
01/20/14 05:57 AM
01/20/14 05:57 AM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Chap. 19 - When the Loud Cry Sounds

And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed. Romans 13:11. {Mar 27.1}

The end is near, stealing upon us stealthily, imperceptibly, like the noiseless approach of a thief in the night. May the Lord grant that we shall no longer sleep as do others, but that we shall watch and be sober. The truth is soon to triumph gloriously, and all who now choose to be laborers together with God, will triumph with it. The time is short; the night soon cometh when no man can work. . . . {Mar 27.2}

The time is coming when there will be as many converted in a day as there were on the day of Pentecost, after the disciples had received the Holy Spirit. . . . {Mar 27.3}

Many have let the gospel invitation go unheeded; they have been tested and tried; but mountainous obstacles have seemed to loom up before their faces, blocking their onward march. Through faith, perseverance, and courage, many will surmount these obstructions and walk out into the glorious light. {Mar 27.4}

Almost unconsciously barriers have been erected in the strait and narrow way; stones of stumbling have been placed in the path; these will all be rolled away. The safeguards which false shepherds have thrown around their flocks will become as nought; thousands will step out into the light, and work to spread the light. Heavenly intelligences will combine with the human agencies. Thus encouraged, the church will indeed arise and shine, throwing all her sanctified energies into the contest; thus the design of God is accomplished; the lost pearls are recovered. . . . {Mar 27.5}

During the loud cry, the church, aided by the providential interpositions of her exalted Lord, will diffuse the knowledge of salvation so abundantly that light will be communicated to every city and town. The earth will be filled with the knowledge of salvation. So abundantly will the renewing Spirit of God have crowned with success the intensely active agencies, that the light of present truth will be seen flashing everywhere. {Mar 27.6}

Re: What comes first-- The Sunday law or the Church judgment? [Re: dedication] #160615
01/20/14 06:06 AM
01/20/14 06:06 AM
G
Godsloveandlaw  Offline OP
SDA
Supporting Member 2015
Active Member 2015

Coachella Valley, Cailf.
Another angle from our previous study of Rev. 12. The Ezekiel 9 church purification is seen from the swallowing of the flood by the earth.

"The Dragon, though, is again to miss the mark, for the earth is to open her mouth and swallow up the flood; that is, Inspiration definitely forecasts that those who join the Church for some purpose other than to follow and practice the Truth, shall be disposed of by a miracle, be swallowed by the earth, as it were. And when this comes to pass Satan shall have met his third defeat. Summarized, here are his three defeats: No. 1 -- Failing to devour the child; No. 2 -- Losing the war in Heaven; No. 3 -- Failing to paganize the Church by flooding her with the unconverted.

When he meets his third defeat, when the tares which he sowed are burned (for as a flood they are swallowed by the earth, but as tares they are burned by the angels), then it is that the Church will appear "'Fair as the moon, clear as the sun, and terrible as an army with banners,' she is to go forth into all the world,
conquering and to conquer." -- Prophets and Kings, pg. 725.

Having met such a mighty defeat, and having seen that the Church is freed from his flood, the Dragon's wrath is to be intensified. He will be wroth with the woman and "make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ" (Rev. 12:17), "the Spirit of Prophecy" (Rev. 19:10).

Obviously, the remnant are those who are left after the earth opens her mouth and swallows up the flood. They as a body keep the commandments of God, and have the living Spirit of Prophecy, the Spirit Who dictated the Scriptures, Who has led God's people into all Truth down through the ages, and Who still is. Thus it is that the Dragon's wrath, and the Church's purity, caused by the Dragon's third defeat, are to bring the time of trouble such as never was:

"And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great Prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book." Dan. 12:1.

Nothing in the world is worth as much as having our names written in the book. And therein we may have our names if we choose to follow the Spirit of Truth and to keep the commandments of God."

In fact not only Rev.12 speaks about the Lord's "sudden" judgment (Mal.3:1-5) but Isaiah, Jerimiah, Of course Ezekiel, Joel, and more.

Re: What comes first-- The Sunday law or the Church judgment? [Re: Godsloveandlaw] #160638
01/20/14 07:12 PM
01/20/14 07:12 PM
jamesonofthunder  Offline
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Dedication, what is the sealing?

"Just as soon as the people of God are sealed in their foreheadsit is not any seal or mark that can be seen, but a settling into the truth, both intellectually and spiritually, so they cannot be moved—just as soon as God’s people are sealed and prepared for the shaking, it will come. Indeed, it has begun already.—The S.D.A. Bible Commentary 4:1161 (1902). {LDE 219.4}

Judas was never sealed, he died before the early rain. Not one of the Apostles or disciples who were in the upper room waiting for the promise are ever mentioned leaving the service of the Lord.

Does God give His sealing to those who would lose it? He and the angels see where we are in our walk of faith, the unfallen worlds and those in this world who God has opened their eyes to the truth are there to witness. So when God puts His seal on our foreheads it will be settling into the truth as revealed by God to our minds, we will need to see our errors and conform to His way of thinking to receive the latter rain in strength. The shaking becomes more intense when the truth is acknowledged by the brethren. That is when the dragon becomes very enraged at the woman and goes to make war with the remnant of her seed.

Judas is the perfect example of those in our church who will not let go of their preconceived notions, taking the reigns away from God so to speak. That is when we fall off the path, so it is more than vital to get it right through the Spirit of Christ, in HIS name.

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: What comes first-- The Sunday law or the Church judgment? [Re: jamesonofthunder] #160639
01/20/14 07:35 PM
01/20/14 07:35 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
There are two sealings that the Spirit of Prophecy mentions, one is the Sabbath, which in the light of the ministry of Christ puts us in the right church. But inside the church are those who are so close to God He shares things with them for correction. These are they who sigh and cry for the abominations done in His sanctuary. They see how corrupted things are in Laodecea, and they pray for what is right, attempting to correct what is wrong, while completely aware of how unworthy they are to receive these blessings. These will be the 144,000, in the Spirit of Elijah, who overcome through the blood of the lamb and are prepared to cry with a loud voice when the son of perdition is revealed through the fulfillment of prophecy.

When the 144,000 are sealed they will never die. They stand among burning rocks when the Lord comes again and are not harmed. When God puts His hedge around, nothing can harm you. Mrs White also called it the "covering".

The covering Cherub is for us. Either we are covered by Michael the anointed prince, or we are covered by Satan who was the covering cherub on the south who wanted to rise to the North.

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: What comes first-- The Sunday law or the Church judgment? [Re: jamesonofthunder] #160640
01/20/14 08:00 PM
01/20/14 08:00 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
To get a picture of how few will be prepared for the end time sealing, how few will receive the proof of confidence from God, only Caleb and Joshua made it to the promised land. The rest died in the wilderness. Many of those who fell were redeemed, but only the two had kept His confidence the whole time.

Caleb and Joshua are a typology of the 144,000 who will not see death. Moses represents the vast multitude who died in the faith redeemed, to be resurrected in Christ.

Re: What comes first-- The Sunday law or the Church judgment? [Re: jamesonofthunder] #160646
01/20/14 09:41 PM
01/20/14 09:41 PM
G
Godsloveandlaw  Offline OP
SDA
Supporting Member 2015
Active Member 2015

Coachella Valley, Cailf.
Your explanations of the TWO sealings are spot on brother. Certain people think they can sprout off all their knowledge of the Bible yet when a young gal in a mini-skirt sits in front of them in church, they look away and then if they happen to speak to them it's all "Oh you look so nice the Lord loves you" type of speech. Instead of "Excuse young lady may I have a word with you" then let her know that God's sanctuary is holy and that next time they might want to think about dressing more appropriate for church. Believe me He want's us to speak up and show we love Him and want only honor in His house. THAT's what sighing and crying is all about. Oh but how many whistle dixie at the abomination, as if, "It's no big deal". No wonder the number will be only 144,000 from the SDA church!

Last edited by Godsloveandlaw; 01/20/14 09:41 PM.
Re: What comes first-- The Sunday law or the Church judgment? [Re: jamesonofthunder] #160669
01/21/14 03:21 AM
01/21/14 03:21 AM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: jamesonofthunder
Dedication, what is the sealing?

"Just as soon as the people of God are sealed in their foreheadsit is not any seal or mark that can be seen, but a settling into the truth, both intellectually and spiritually, so they cannot be moved—just as soon as God’s people are sealed and prepared for the shaking, it will come. Indeed, it has begun already.—The S.D.A. Bible Commentary 4:1161 (1902). {LDE 219.4}

....Does God give His sealing to those who would lose it?----it is more than vital to get it right through the Spirit of Christ, in HIS name.

I agree it is vital to get it right and be securely anchored in Christ and in truth.

However, I don't believe the sealing (as in receiving the Holy Spirit) removes the freedom of choice. Or that it signifies the close of probation.
Paul, who I'm sure was hugely blessed by the power of the Holy Spirit, even states how he must "die daily" so that in the end he won't be a cast away. Receiving the Holy Spirit does not signify the close of probation. Though it gives the person who is hungering and thirsting after righteousness the power and discernment to cling to Christ and righteousness, so when probation does close they will be on the winning side.

The settling into truth is a full commitment to Christ.

When the endtime sunday law comes, it is imperative to be totally committed to Christ in faith and obedience, not because probation has closed, but because those who have taken their commitment lightly will be swept into the enemies ranks. They won't be able to stand. Thus when Christ leaves the sanctuary and probation does close they will be on the losing side.

Yet from the article (by EGW) that I posted earlier, it is clear that there are people even in church membership who have not fully understood the issues, and who will fully commit to Christ in trust and obedience when the Sunday crises comes. Probation is not closed. It's just that the crises will separate the committed from the uncommitted, making it plain on whose side everyone is on -- this happens before probation closes.

Re: What comes first-- The Sunday law or the Church judgment? [Re: dedication] #160672
01/21/14 04:31 AM
01/21/14 04:31 AM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
QUESTION #1
No answer has been given as to how during the "terrible crises" and "fierce opposition" the superficial members will be able to leave the church and join "our avowed enemies" and "manifest the most bitter enmity, doing all in their power to oppress and malign their former brethren, and to excite indignation against them", if previous to this crises they were all "swallowed up" and dead?

See {5T 463.2}

Sounds very much like this is a Shepherd's Rod Thread -- at least the studies lawandlove is posting.

QUESTION #2
On lawandlove's definition of "Israel" -- being literal descendants of Jacob, as supposedly God keeps track of the seed...
Thus people are saved only if they have some genetic fragment from one of the sons of Jacob.
But isn't the Bible clear that those in Christ are the "seed of Abraham and heirs of the promise"?
Isn't it our relationship to Christ, not to Jacob, the basis of salvation?

QUESTION #3
Does lawandlove also believe this supposedly literal 144,000 Israel (with literal genetic connections to the sons of Jacob) will also set up a kingdom in literal Jerusalem prior to Christ's coming?

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/21/24 04:50 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/21/24 02:04 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by kland. 05/17/24 04:47 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!