HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,600
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 14
kland 9
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, ProdigalOne, Kevin H, Daryl, 1 invisible), 2,954 guests, and 18 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 22 of 24 1 2 20 21 22 23 24
Re: Some signs will happen again? [Re: Alchemy] #165577
06/01/14 06:39 AM
06/01/14 06:39 AM
jamesonofthunder  Offline
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
GL&L, Dedication is being very sincere and generous for you here. You should listen to her advice.

I didn't see her commit any sin or offense against you here, and for you to demand for her to apologize seems more like a taunt than a justified response.

This Victor Houteff was not led by the Spirit of God. His brand of Adventism is the most sinister of all the fringe sects. But those in the Sheppard's Rod movement are still to be viewed as brothers until they cross the line and start to rail on the truth as shown by the Lord's servant Mrs White, which is inevitably the case when their doctrines are viewed in full light of the Spirit of Prophecy and scripture.

I hate to say this Godsloveandlaw, but it sounds as if you are about to cross that line with these statements. Please reconsider your stand. Dedication is presenting a very good case here for you. You should take heed, lest you cross the line.

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: Some signs will happen again? [Re: Alchemy] #165578
06/01/14 09:01 AM
06/01/14 09:01 AM
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
And once again you totally fail to show how Victor Houteff's description of Rev. 12 fits the 1260 prophecy.
Those 1260 years end when the "earth swallows the flood", yet Houteff says the earth hasn't swallowed the flood yet -- it is still future.

That indicates VERY STRONGLY that Houteff believed the 1260 days could have met their fulfillment only in type from 538 A.D. to 1798 A.D. and that they have a latter-day literal fulfillment. (As well as placing them in the past starting in AD 34)

I quoted where he said that explanation of Rev 12 fulfils the prophecy. How can it fulfill the prophecy of the woman in the wilderness for 1260 days when he completely changes the symbols and the time.

And again you try to make me say things I never said, in order to bolster Houteff, and avoid the real issues.
Why are you trying to accuse me of saying Houteff set the date, when all along I have fully acknowledged that those dates were set after his death.

Of course the DATE 1959 was set AFTER Houteff was dead, he did not set that date.

Yet how can you deny, that what his wife, with the help of others on the "committee" predicted resulted from her beliefs in Houteff's messages.
Her explanation followed Houteff's outline of end time events.

She was married to the guy from the time she was 17 till she was about 35, probably totally submerged in his theology.

My whole mention of those events was to show THE FRUIT of his message. What it caused OTHER people to do.

After Houteff's death in 1955, people were disheartened and leaving the Shepherd Rod organization. Houteff never authorized anything to be done after his death as he fully believed he was the one to lead his flock to the temporal kingdom in Palestine.
So the leadership had to make plans without his "authorization". Why criticize Florence for printing her husbands sermons in the "symbolic codes" that were sent out to followers?

According to the shepherd rod speaks website it wasn't until
"In early 1959 true “100% Rod only” believers rose up and opposed Florence Houteff and her false teachings. In 1961, this group separated from Florence".

So apparently they believed the time prophecy from 1955 until they realized it wasn't going to happen in April of 1959? Then they turned on Florence to save their own face????

The 1000 or so people at Mt. Carmel were disillusioned, many left, the rest welcomed Adventist leaders to speak to them.
Many friendly meetings were held, where questions and answers were exchanged.
Florence herself realized the errors of the teachings from her studies with Seventh-day Adventists and was convinced of the errors of Houteff's message. The organization was dissolved. So of course the Rod believers who wanted to continue had to "reorganize" themselves. There were many "splinter" groups. The biggest was the "branch" group.

Originally Posted By: GL&L
Additionally you quote--
Quote:
"He expressed the definite conviction that the time prophecy of Revelation 11:2-12 and Daniel 12:6, 7 [which is the same 1260 day/year period as in Rev. 12] could have met their fulfillment only in type from 538 A.D. to 1798 A.D. and that they have a latter-day fulfillment."-The Symbolic Code, vol. 11, no. 1, p. 3 (Italicized words mine)

Let's play the devil's advocate and say VTH did make this statement. Does these words give any specific information on that 1260 year prophecy? of-course not. No specific future dates can be imposed upon that statement, only if one wishes to impose them themselves!

What are the time prophecies in Revelation 11:2-11 and Daniel 12:7 ?

Surely you are not telling me the "time prophecies" in Rev. 11:2-12 and Daniel 12:6,7 have nothing to do with the 1260 days?

11:2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

Rev. 11:3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.

Daniel 12:7 And I heard the man clothed in linen, which [was] upon the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand unto heaven, and sware by him that liveth for ever that [it shall be] for a time, times, and an half; and when he shall have accomplished to scatter the power of the holy people,

Rev. 12.6
And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.

Rev. 12.14
And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.

That's the 1260 day/year time prophecy!
It is repeated at least SEVEN times in Daniel and Revelation.

Quote:
" The forty and two months are the same as the "time and times and the dividing of time," three years and a half, or 1260 days," GC 439

" [Revelation 11:2-11.] The periods here mentioned—“forty and two months,” and “a thousand two hundred and threescore days”—are the same, GC 288

"And now began the 1260 years of papal oppression foretold in the prophecies of Daniel and the Revelation. [Daniel 7:25; Revelation 13:5-7... Thus says the prophet: “The woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.” [Revelation 12:6.] {GC88 54.2}

Re: Some signs will happen again? [Re: Alchemy] #165590
06/01/14 07:45 PM
06/01/14 07:45 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
The 1.260 day/year prophecy is repeated seven times as Dedication says, which signifies completion, a prophecy that extends to the 'time of the end', when exact time prophecies are finished.

But that does not mean the end of prophecies has come. Joel 1:2-7 says there would be five generations of the last days, when the word of the Lord would be corrupted by those generations, "Tell ye your (1) children of it, and let your children (2) tell their children (3), and their children another generation(4)."

The 'Shepherds Rod' is part of that corruption as well as every other movement within the Remnant not ordained by God such as the 'Sacred Name' movement etc.

The prophecy of Joel 1-2 states that the end time people of God would be influenced by the "nation (who) is come up upon my land, strong, and without number, whose teeth are the teeth of a lion, and he hath the cheek teeth of a great lion". This is the influence of Satan within the Adventist/ Remnant church through all the fallen influences.

The ministers of our church have been corrupted by evil influences, and that is symbolized by "That which the palmerworm hath left hath the locust eaten; and that which the locust hath left hath the cankerworm eaten; and that which the cankerworm hath left hath the caterpiller eaten."

We are in the fifth generation after the Midnight Cry and this is the closest you will ever be able to determine the date of the end of Judgment. The sealing is now. The 144,000 are being sealed and the end of judgment for the living has already begun. The elders of our church are those who are sealed first. Soon the 144,000 number will be complete and then the Sunday law will come and they will proclaim the loud cry and the vast multitude will come out of Babylon.

This is not a Shepherds Rod teaching, it is from the Spirit of Prophecy.

The 144,000 must be sealed before the Loud Cry which happens when the Sunday law comes.

Joel 1:15 Blow the trumpet in Zion, sanctify a fast, call a solemn assembly:

16 Gather the people, sanctify the congregation, assemble the elders, gather the children, and those that suck the breasts: let the bridegroom go forth of his chamber, and the bride out of her closet.

Joel 2 begins with the 144,000 proclaiming the Loud Cry...

2:1 Blow ye the trumpet in Zion, and sound an alarm in my holy mountain: let all the inhabitants of the land tremble: for the day of the Lord cometh, for it is nigh at hand;

2 A day of darkness and of gloominess, a day of clouds and of thick darkness, as the morning spread upon the mountains: a great people and a strong (144,000); there hath not been ever the like, neither shall be any more after it, even to the years of many generations.

3 A fire devoureth before them; and behind them a flame burneth: the land is as the garden of Eden before them, and behind them a desolate wilderness; yea, and nothing shall escape them.

4 The appearance of them is as the appearance of horses; and as horsemen, so shall they run.

5 Like the noise of chariots on the tops of mountains shall they leap, like the noise of a flame of fire that devoureth the stubble, as a strong people set in battle array.

6 Before their face the people shall be much pained: all faces shall gather blackness.

7 They shall run like mighty men; they shall climb the wall like men of war; and they shall march every one on his ways, and they shall not break their ranks:

8 Neither shall one thrust another; they shall walk every one in his path: and when they fall upon the sword, they shall not be wounded.

9 They shall run to and fro in the city; they shall run upon the wall, they shall climb up upon the houses; they shall enter in at the windows like a thief.

10 The earth shall quake before them; the heavens shall tremble: the sun and the moon shall be dark, and the stars shall withdraw their shining:

11 And the Lord shall utter his voice before his army: for his camp is very great: for he is strong that executeth his word: for the day of the Lord is great and very terrible; and who can abide it?

12 Therefore also now, saith the Lord, turn ye even to me with all your heart, and with fasting, and with weeping, and with mourning:

20 But I will remove far off from you the northern army (Image to the beast/ Beast), and will drive him into a land barren and desolate, with his face toward the east sea, and his hinder part toward the utmost sea, and his stink shall come up, and his ill savour shall come up, because he hath done great things.

23 Be glad then, ye children of Zion, and rejoice in the Lord your God: for he hath given you the former rain moderately, and he will cause to come down for you the rain, the former rain (for the vast multitude), and the latter rain (For the 144,000) in the first month.

24 And the floors shall be full of wheat, and the vats shall overflow with wine and oil.

25 And I will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten, the cankerworm, and the caterpiller, and the palmerworm, my great army which I sent among you. (everything destroyed by the previous four generations)

26 And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the Lord your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed.

27 And ye shall know that I am in the midst of Israel, and that I am the Lord your God, and none else: and my people shall never be ashamed.

28 And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:

29 And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.

30 And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke.

31 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and terrible day of the Lord come.

32 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the Lord hath said, and in the remnant whom the Lord shall call.

This is all about to happen, we are the fifth generation since the Midnight Cry. This prophecy will be fulfilled within this generation.

Peace.

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: Some signs will happen again? [Re: jamesonofthunder] #165608
06/02/14 06:21 PM
06/02/14 06:21 PM
G
Godsloveandlaw  Offline
SDA
Supporting Member 2015
Active Member 2015

Coachella Valley, Cailf.
James- I didn't see her commit any sin or offense against you here, and for you to demand for her to apologize seems more like a taunt than a justified response.

Gsll brother I'm not sure you've been reading closely here. I have never "demanded" a apology but rather said that she should apologize to the Lord for making those wrong and untruthful statements.It is not me she should worry about here, it's the bearing of false witnessing that may affect her future that she should dwell on. Posting false information on someone is not right. EGW says if it's done publicly it must be cleared publicly.

James- This Victor Houteff was not led by the Spirit of God. His brand of Adventism is the most sinister of all the fringe sects.

Gsll- sorry to read this. I won't waste my time defending this message. carry on brother.

One important point I'd like to make is that I do not dislike Dedication as a person perse, it's only what she has tried to post as what Victor Houteff taught or believed in, that was not true.

Do we not know that Christ is "the way the truth and the life"?

So to stick up for truth is to stick up for Christ.

Also James, remember that there is a SERIOUS message that the Lord has and is sending to us. This message is prophesied as being almost totally ignored and rejected. Many will rise up against it.

It's a message TO US. Not to the world.

"I asked the meaning of the shaking I had seen. I was shown that it would be caused by the straight testimony called forth by the counsel of the true Witness to the Laodiceans. It will have its effect upon the heart of the receiver of the testimony, and it will lead him to exalt the standard and pour forth the straight truth. This straight testimony some will not bear. They will rise up against it, and this will cause a shaking among God's people.

I saw that the testimony of the true Witness has not been half heeded. The solemn testimony upon which the destiny of the church hangs, has been lightly esteemed, if not entirely disregarded. This testimony must work deep repentance, and all that truly receive it, will obey it, and be purified."(GC, chapter 32)

I ask-- are we searching for this "rejected " message from the Lord. Are we searching for the possibility that the "Elijah" has come to our church?

Or are we "rich and increased with good" not thinking we need any more messages of truth?

Inspiration said --
"Those who allow prejudice to bar the mind against the reception of truth cannot receive the divine enlightenment. Yet, when a view of Scripture is presented,
many do not ask, Is it true--in harmony with God's word? but, By whom is it advocated? and unless it comes through the very channel that pleases them, they do not accept it.

So thoroughly satisfied are they with their own ideas that they will not examine the Scripture evidence with a desire to learn, but refuse to be interested, merely because of their prejudices.

The Lord often works where we least expect Him; He surprises us by revealing His power through instruments of His own choice, while He passes by the men to whom we have looked as those through whom light should come. God desires us to receive the truth upon its own merits--because it is truth." (Test. to Min. p.105-106)

Last edited by Godsloveandlaw; 06/02/14 07:22 PM.
Re: Some signs will happen again? [Re: Alchemy] #165621
06/03/14 04:43 AM
06/03/14 04:43 AM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
GL&L, you have seen the posts that I claim to have been inspired. Have you not seen how I have been given a passion to see that the testimony is fully heeded? But I have also tested the message of the Shepards Rod, and the majority of the message does not ring true according to the Holy Spirit that taught me about the Sabbath directly having never heard of it before. Everything that God taught me was in the Testimony. Nothing He said contradicted what He had told Mrs White. So when I read things from fringe groups that do not ring true I must be honest. The truth is that much of those teachings contradict the pioneers of the Adventist Church who had themselves been rebuked for false doctrines, they had been humbled and if they refused they would be passed by (Jones & Wagoner). You must realize that there will never be a calling out. The S Rod community is a dissaffected sect, the majority are rebellious against the true church, like they are trying to change the SDA church from without. If you are sincere you could admit that.
When someone was not in the Spirit Mrs White was not affraid to address it. But she never counselled them to follow their own path within the church. That is what spirit founded the S Rod church.

Re: Some signs will happen again? [Re: jamesonofthunder] #165626
06/03/14 01:48 PM
06/03/14 01:48 PM
G
Godsloveandlaw  Offline
SDA
Supporting Member 2015
Active Member 2015

Coachella Valley, Cailf.
Brother James,

I respect your beliefs, however strongly i disagree.

Let me repeat something that you and every other anti- Rod believer must seriously ask themselves.

1) The LORD specifically said that in the very last days he would send a prophet (Elijah) to His remnant people, yes or no?

2) If this is true, have we been watchful of some man to come to our church? Or is it that the LORD was just giving some predictions He didn't mean?

3) Ellen White also specifically told us of a man, who would come in the spirit and power of Elijah. He would come after her, true or false?

4) She pointed out that he would be rejected and that he would be known as an interpreter of Scripture, true or false?

5) She also said that his message would be countered by men who would not have it and would try and replace it with their own, true or false?

6) SOP says clearly that an end time message from Jesus , to us the Laodiceans,which the destiny of the church hangs, would large be ignored and rejected, do you have any clue what that "rejected" message of such importance is to us?

7) Jesus said that we are "rich and increased with goods, and have need of nothing", does this mean we profess we don't need His last message of truth?

Please answer these questions. A specific "rejected" message is prophesied to be THE true message from the Lord. We must seriously search for what this largely rejected message is.

Re: Some signs will happen again? [Re: Godsloveandlaw] #165639
06/04/14 04:21 AM
06/04/14 04:21 AM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: Godsloveandlaw

Let me repeat something that you and every other anti- Rod believer must seriously ask themselves.

1) The LORD specifically said that in the very last days he would send a prophet (Elijah) to His remnant people, yes or no?

Malachi 4:5 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD:
4:6 And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.

What does it mean?

"As a prophet, John (the Baptist) was "to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; (Luke 1:16) to make ready a people prepared for the Lord." In preparing the way for Christ's first advent, he was a representative of those who are to prepare a people for our Lord's second coming. DA 100

2) If this is true, have we been watchful of some man to come to our church? Or is it that the LORD was just giving some predictions He didn't mean?

I do not believe God was talking about A man, but of the "spirit and power of Elijah" being poured out to spread the message to prepare for Christ's coming.

And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of My Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams: and on My servants and on My handmaidens I will pour out in those days of My Spirit; and they shall prophesy." {Acts 2:19

"John came in the spirit and power of Elijah to proclaim the first advent of Jesus. I was pointed down to the last days and saw that John [the Baptist] represented those who should go forth in the spirit and power of Elijah to herald the day of wrath and the second advent of Jesus." {EW 155.1}

Originally Posted By: G:&:
3) Ellen White also specifically told us of a man, who would come in the spirit and power of Elijah. He would come after her, true or false?

False, she does not specifically tell us a man prophet will come.
Mrs. White herself was asked this question and responded that she had not been given any information on that subject, and disappointed a lot of "hopeful" successors.
She neither says there will or won't be.

But she does mention numerous times that a lot of false prophets would arise.

There is one quote SRod people like to use, but it is neither specific nor clear. In that quote in 1 SM 412 she is speaking of the critical reception HER messages were receiving. The "he" refers back to the original Elijah. Thus she was part of the Elijah message that God's people are to give in the last days in preparation to Christ's second coming.

4) She pointed out that he would be rejected and that he would be known as an interpreter of Scripture, true or false?

It's the same unclear, not definite quote in SM 412 that I believe you are referring to.
Yes, she does mention people will reject the truth. (Not a person) Thus it's referring more to people rejecting the truths in her writings. In the sentences before and after the sentence SRod's like to quote, she is talking about people criticizing her writings.

5) She also said that his message would be countered by men who would not have it and would try and replace it with their own, true or false?

She refers to the Advent message -- the three angel's message, the message of righteousness by faith, the message to the seventh church etc. etc. There is no mystery that our doctrines are being watered down and replaced by many a wind that the enemy is blowing around.

6) SOP says clearly that an end time message from Jesus , to us the Laodiceans,which the destiny of the church hangs, would large be ignored and rejected, do you have any clue what that "rejected" message of such importance is to us?

" I saw that the testimony of the True Witness has not been half heeded. The solemn testimony upon which the destiny of the church hangs has been lightly esteemed, if not entirely disregarded. This testimony must work deep repentance; all who truly receive it will obey it, and be purified. {CET 176.2}

Notice she isn't saying it's some DIFFERENT message yet to come here, but refers to it in the past tense -- a message that the church already has but which is not being heeded by many.

7) Jesus said that we are "rich and increased with goods, and have need of nothing", does this mean we profess we don't need His last message of truth?

The message defines what is needed.
eye salve for discernment between right and wrong, truth and error.
Gold of faith, strong enough to stand tall in Christ, though all the world is off to some supposed earthly solution, in which they ridicule and persecute those who do not join.

The robe of Christ's righteousness. For all our righteousness is as filthy rags. Too often people think knowledge is all that matters and since they "know" a lot about religion and believe they are rich and in need of nothing, not realizing their righteousness is like filthy rags.

The biggest poverty in the church is a poverty due to not making Christ first, last and best in our lives.

The specific message that will bring on the latter rain was given in 1888, and concerned Christ Our Righteousness.

"The love of God will strengthen the soul, and through the virtue of the merits of the blood of Christ we may stand unscathed amid the fire of temptation and trial; but no other help can avail to save but Christ, our righteousness, who is made unto us wisdom and sanctification and redemption. True sanctification is nothing more or less than to love God with all the heart, to walk in his commandments and ordinances blameless. Sanctification is not an emotion, but a heaven-born principle that brings all the passions and desires under the control of the Spirit of God; and this work is done through our Lord and Saviour. {ST, May 19, 1890 par. 4}

Last edited by dedication; 06/04/14 01:34 PM. Reason: add formatting
Re: Some signs will happen again? [Re: dedication] #165643
06/04/14 01:43 PM
06/04/14 01:43 PM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Houteff's message isn't so much to "prepare for our Lord's second advent" but to prepare a people to accept some other created being -- *an antitypical David" who supposedly will rule in a temporal kingdom in Palestine prior to Christ's second coming.

That is not the Elijah message -- that is a modified version of the last day deception

Re: Some signs will happen again? [Re: dedication] #165646
06/04/14 03:32 PM
06/04/14 03:32 PM
G
Godsloveandlaw  Offline
SDA
Supporting Member 2015
Active Member 2015

Coachella Valley, Cailf.
Ded- quoted-"As a prophet, John (the Baptist) was "to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; (Luke 1:16) to make ready a people prepared for the Lord." In preparing the way for Christ's first advent, he was a representative of those who are to prepare a people for our Lord's second coming. DA 100 "

Gsll- True that she said. But does that negate this--

"Prophecy must be fulfilled. The Lord says: "Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord." Somebody is to come in the spirit and power of Elijah, and when he appears, men may say: "You are too earnest, you do not interpret the Scriptures in the proper way. Let me tell you how to teach your message."(Test. to Min. p.475)

Of course the Elijah is to have helpers. This prophecy, I believe points to ALL who decide to take up the Elijah message today. So in that context I agree. Brother Houteff made that so clear in quoting that exact ref. you said. But she said 'when HE appears" indicating future tense. Additionally, his work obviously will be of an interpretative nature.

Additionally we strongly agree that the true message of Elijah and his helpers is of a reformative nature and the calling out of sins within the church.

Ded-- I do not believe God was talking about A man, but of the "spirit and power of Elijah" being poured out to spread the message to prepare for Christ's coming.

Gsll- Your beliefs and what GOD SAID appear at odds. He said the following--

"Behold ,I will send you Elijah the prophet, before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD." (Mal. 4:5)

Now, closely look at the words of GOD. Notice He "will". That means it's a promise. Notice it is a MAN "Elijah" who is to be a "Prophet". Not "Elijahs".

Now look closely at when this prophet comes-- "before the great and dreadful day of the Lord". That means in the very last days.

Here is something to notice as well. If YOUR explanation was to make sense and the LORD was to confirm YOUR idea. It would have said--

"Behold, I will send you the MESSAGE of Elijah, or similar words. But your taking the true plain instructive words out of God's word is disingenuous. The LORD knows EXACTLY what to say, you and I don't! let's let HIM tell us , ok?

Satan does the same thing "Surely you WILL NOT die." When God said "Surely you WILL die."

So bottom line, a male prophet is predicted to come , not from EGW here, but FROM THE LORD.

"The language of the Bible should be explained according to it's obvious meaning" (GC, p.598)

Ded quoted- "John came in the spirit and power of Elijah to proclaim the first advent of Jesus. I was pointed down to the last days and saw that John [the Baptist] represented those who should go forth in the spirit and power of Elijah to herald the day of wrath and the second advent of Jesus." {EW 155.1}

Gsll-Agreed. This simply confirms that the work of Elijah was not to be one man. That is not to preclude that one man was "to come" as God promised in Mal 4:5. You quote that EW reference trying to delete or change His promise in Mal. 4:5

Ded- .. she does not specifically tell us a man prophet will come.
Mrs. White herself was asked this question and responded that she had not been given any information on that subject, and disappointed a lot of "hopeful" successors.
She neither says there will or won't be.

Gsll-- Read again Test. to Min. p.475. Also Mal. 4:5 which you plainly deny does not mean what it said.

Ded- It's the same unclear, not definite quote in SM 412 that I believe you are referring to.

Gsll- No, it's mainly Test. to Min. p.475. She says that this Elijah will be rejected because he does not interpret the Scriptures correctly. What you do with Mal. 4:5 you try to do with this quote as well.

here is some information you may not be aware of. The origninal quote in Test. to Min. p. 475 was LEFT ALONE from 1890 to 1962! Yes, the leaders and shakers came in and added that asterisk to the quote basically saying that the "he" was meant as a "she". The forefathers knew she wasn't talking of herself and dared not meddle with the meaning.

SRod was taking being taken seriously among many people (laity) so they decided to make that addition. Uninspired men adding to Inspiration--SHAME.

Ded- quoted- " I saw that the testimony of the True Witness has not been half heeded. The solemn testimony upon which the destiny of the church hangs has been lightly esteemed, if not entirely disregarded. This testimony must work deep repentance; all who truly receive it will obey it, and be purified." {CET 176.2}

Gsll- For one who has said we must look at the context you sure ignore context in this case.

First, notice it is under the title "The Shaking".

Notice also that it is a vision she is describing. She keeps saying "I saw". This whole reference is speaking of the future time of the shaking. In other word's NOW.

Further let's look at the PRECEDING verse. "I asked the meaning of the shaking I had seen. I was shown that it would be caused by the straight testimony called forth by the counsel of the true Witness to the Laodiceans."

Does "would be caused"(future) mean "has been caused"(past) like you are trying to make us believe?

This message from the True Witness is being throw out and nearly "entirely disregarded". She is looking back in vision here. Obviously being spiritually in the future she sees our time.She continues her seeing future sights and events for many paragraphs after as well.

Ded- eye salve for discernment between right and wrong, truth and error.
Gold of faith, strong enough to stand tall in Christ, though all the world is off to some supposed earthly solution, in which they ridicule and persecute those who do not join.

The robe of Christ's righteousness. For all our righteousness is as filthy rags. Too often people think knowledge is all that matters and since they "know" a lot about religion and believe they are rich and in need of nothing, not realizing their righteousness is like filthy rags.

Gsll- Rev. 3:15-17 -- "I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of My mouth. Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked."

"What greater deception can come upon human minds than a confidence that they are right, when they are all wrong! The message of the True Witness finds the people of God in a sad deception, yet honest in that deception. They know not that their condition is deplorable in the sight of God.

While those addressed are flattering themselves that they are in an exalted spiritual condition, the message of the True Witness breaks their security by the startling denunciation of their true condition of spiritual blindness, poverty, and wretchedness. The testimony, so cutting and severe, cannot be a mistake, for it is the True Witness who speaks, and his testimony must be correct." -- Testimonies, Vol. 3, pp. 252-253.

When people are wretched, miserable, poor, blind, and naked as are the Laodiceans, and do not know it, then the only title that can be given them is "Deceived," yet ironically the Laodiceans are the people most fearful of being deceived!

They think themselves in need of nothing, although the Lord Himself says that they are in need of everything. They think themselves rich and increased with goods. What goods? -- Not money, I am sure, for right along we hear them calling for money, even begging for it.

It is with supposedly sufficient Bible Truth that they are satisfied. They are confident that they have all the revealed Truth they need to take them through to the Kingdom. This is their great deception.

They do not know their great need of Truth now while the Church is about to enter upon the final phase of her work. They do not realize that this next phase of the Church's work cannot be carried on with her old phase of Truth.

The Church now can no more do without the additional message (Early Writings, pg. 277) than could she at the closing of the Old Testament era have entered the Christian dispensation with the Old Testament ceremonial Truth isolated from the Gospel.

But, sad to say, to speak to the Laodiceans of more Truth than what they already have is to incur their greatest displeasure: and the idea that they need no more Truth, that they have it all, and that someone is always trying to deceive them, has been drilled into them as deeply as it can be drilled.

This has made them prejudiced and suspicious of everyone who dares approach them with something new. This is what puts them in as bad a position as the Jews of old. Plain it is that if the Laodiceans choose thus to remain lukewarm, satisfied in their deception, they shall be spued out and forever left without hope. (TG, Vol. 2, P.18-19)

Last edited by Godsloveandlaw; 06/04/14 03:48 PM.
Re: Some signs will happen again? [Re: Alchemy] #165665
06/05/14 01:24 AM
06/05/14 01:24 AM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
That is YOUR interpretation of the text in Malachi. Your thoughts are not His thoughts.

You wrote: "What greater deception can come upon human minds than a confidence that they are right, when they are all wrong! The message of the True Witness finds the people of God in a sad deception, yet honest in that deception. They know not that their condition is deplorable in the sight of God. "

Could that describe you and other SRod followers? Or do you think it just describes others?

You seem to be saying that the "deplorable state" is a non-acceptance of Houteff, whereas the True Witness in Revelation is referring to the miserable state of lacking righteousness in Christ.
The state of thinking one has everything and not recognizing the lack of "eyesalve" "gold of faith" and "robe" of Christ's righteousness.

Who is the True Witness?
"These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;
I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot."
The TRUE WITNESS is Christ Himself. He is the AMEN, He is the One through Whom all things were created. He is the one who really KNOWS our condition.

You seem to be saying a person must sense a NEED for Houteff, but in Revelation, the True Witness is talking about needing salvation in Christ.

We have NEED of Christ --
We need to be right with Him!
Hungering and thirsting after His righteousness.

Not hungering for some strange message of an antitypical David -- a man ruling over in Palestine who stands in the place of Christ and sets up a temporal kingdom here on earth.

Houteff's message isn't so much to "prepare for our Lord's second advent" but to prepare a people to accept some other created being -- *an antitypical David" who supposedly will rule in a temporal kingdom in Palestine prior to Christ's second coming.

That is not the Elijah message -- that is a modified version of the last day deception

Page 22 of 24 1 2 20 21 22 23 24

Moderator  dedication 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/28/24 11:09 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/28/24 09:29 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!