HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,636
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 21
kland 7
Daryl 2
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, Daryl, 2 invisible), 3,466 guests, and 12 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 23 24
Re: Some signs will happen again? [Re: jamesonofthunder] #160995
01/29/14 07:54 AM
01/29/14 07:54 AM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: jamesonofthunder
But I also believe the woes are summed into one large movement in these last days. The woes were judgments against the fallen church, because of their atrocities against the true church. God raised up the Muhammadan people to fulfill the prophecies of God for the great nation of Ishmael. So in these last days God is using the same powers against the people who have unified with the Harlot.

Also let's remember Mrs White does write that the SEVEN trumps have to sound one after another in the last days. She just says "trump after trump" which gives no specific number to look for.

Since the days of the first proclamation of the three angels messages many of the same things have come to pass in judgment against the fallen protestant churches.

You have been deceived.

///

Re: Some signs will happen again? [Re: Godsloveandlaw] #160998
01/29/14 11:31 AM
01/29/14 11:31 AM
C
Charity  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
Godslove, what about the five months duration of the trumpet. How do you interpret that and the hour day month and year of the sixth trumpet. Also how do you interpret the horses of the sixth trumpet. You're viewing them as the forces of good as well?

Re: Some signs will happen again? [Re: Godsloveandlaw] #160999
01/29/14 11:59 AM
01/29/14 11:59 AM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: Godsloveandlaw
"The main problem here in this fifth trumpet, 1st woe, is that the king of the locusts is Abaddon aka Apollyon which is Lucifer. I'm sure you've noticed this but how do you deal with it?"

Rev. 9:11. "And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon."

Genuine Christians, as subjects of the kingdom of Christ, have over them Christ, their King. Ruling over them in Old Testament time (1 Cor. 10:1-4) as well as in New Testament time, He is therefore King over them in both periods. Consequently the Old Testament Scriptures being originally written in the Hebrew tongue give Him the name Abaddon, whereas the New Testament Scriptures, being originally written in the Greek, give Him the name Apollyon.

In the blazing light of this symbol, intensifying the illumination from the whole series of symbols of which it is a part, and which no human mind could either have devised or thus rightly interpreted, Christ is clearly seen to be King of His people in both the Old and the New Testament periods, and Author of the Scriptures in both the Hebrew and the Greek.

And from this fact it follows that as He is "the Word" (the Bible in human form), His Hebrew name, Abaddon, is also the name of the Old Testament Scriptures, and His Greek name, Apollyon, is also the name of the New Testament Scriptures.

Showing that he recognized Christ's sovereignty over the church not only in the New Testament period but also in the Old Testament period, Paul, in his epistle to the Corinthians, declared: "Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were...baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea:...and did all drink the same
spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ." 1 Cor. 10:1-4.

Woe to him who accepts the one Testament and casts aside the other, pays no attention to either, or exalts tradition above both!

Abaddon, Christ's name in the Hebrew, signifying Him as a "destroyer," shows that in the Old Testament period He simply destroyed many of His enemies; whereas Apollyon, His name in the Greek, signifying Him as an "exterminator," shows that in the New Testament period He will exterminate all the wicked. (What beautiful precision of connotation in these symbolic appellations!) And this exterminatory work is vividly pictured in the climactic scene:

"And out of His mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it He should smite the nations: and He shall rule them with a rod of iron: and He treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. And He hath on His vesture and on His thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God; that ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great." Rev. 19:15-18.

To those, therefore, who accept Christ as their King, He is a Savior, while to those who refuse to have Him rule over them (Luke 19:14), He is a destroyer. Hence, accordingly, the curses, or judgments, fall (as the trumpets reveal) upon those who reject the teachings and the authority of the Bible, and who as a result do not have the seal.

These solemn facts gravely admonish us not to forget the Bible's warning that our treatment of It will bring one of two results -- death or life.

Found the following that compliments the above from a poster by the name of "am123"-

“And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit.”
-Revelation 9:1

"Is the warden of a prison a prisoner himself? Is the warden of a prison a good guy or a bad guy? Abaddon is a good guy. This star with the key to the bottomless pit in REV 9:1 is the angel who lays hold of Satan and binds him for a thousand years in CHP 20 of REV:

“And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand. And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,”
—REV 20:1-2

and then afterwards kills the the dragon tossing him into the lake of fire:

10: And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever."
—REV 20:10

The angel of the bottomless pit is NOT CHRIST. The star fallen from heaven that makes the water bitter is NOT CHRIST. Be careful.

///

Last edited by James Peterson; 01/29/14 11:59 AM.
Re: Some signs will happen again? [Re: James Peterson] #161008
01/29/14 03:27 PM
01/29/14 03:27 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: James Peterson
Originally Posted By: kland
If anyone thinks the trumpets only sound in the past, then what about verse 5 with the censer? If that is not about probation closing in the future or otherwise pointing to the future, what is it?

There's no such moment in time as the close of probation. But that is another subject entirely. Suffice it to say that the action of the angel typifies cleansing. "Then flew one of the seraphims unto me, having a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with the tongs from off the altar: And he laid it upon my mouth, and said, Lo, this hath touched thy lips; and thine iniquity is taken away, and thy sin purged." (Is. 6:6-7)

Let the Bible interpret itself. And every man be silent.

///
I'm sorry, but I don't see you addressed this.

Re: Some signs will happen again? [Re: Godsloveandlaw] #161009
01/29/14 03:32 PM
01/29/14 03:32 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Rev. 9:11. "And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon."

Genuine Christians, as subjects of the kingdom of Christ, have over them Christ, their King. Ruling over them in Old Testament time (1 Cor. 10:1-4) as well as in New Testament time, He is therefore King over them in both periods. Consequently the Old Testament Scriptures being originally written in the Hebrew tongue give Him the name Abaddon, whereas the New Testament Scriptures, being originally written in the Greek, give Him the name Apollyon.
Abaddon, Christ's name in the Hebrew, signifying Him as a "destroyer," shows that in the Old Testament period He simply destroyed many of His enemies; whereas Apollyon, His name in the Greek, signifying Him as an "exterminator," shows that in the New Testament period He will exterminate all the wicked. (What beautiful precision of connotation in these symbolic appellations!) And this exterminatory work is vividly pictured in the climactic scene:
wow.

I guess it would be an understatement to say you have no problem with saying God kills people.

Re: Some signs will happen again? [Re: Charity] #161010
01/29/14 03:44 PM
01/29/14 03:44 PM
G
Godsloveandlaw  Offline
SDA
Supporting Member 2015
Active Member 2015

Coachella Valley, Cailf.
Brother Mark, yes good points we need to address, will send more on the other verses in chapter 9.

Re: Some signs will happen again? [Re: kland] #161011
01/29/14 04:06 PM
01/29/14 04:06 PM
G
Godsloveandlaw  Offline
SDA
Supporting Member 2015
Active Member 2015

Coachella Valley, Cailf.
kland--"I guess it would be an understatement to say you have no problem with saying God kills people."

It's not a question of "me" having a problem with God killing people, it's a question of whether we can honestly say that the word "destroyer" is applicable or not. Look at the old testament history. Yes, God stretched out His hands all day long to save, yet what did He have to do continually in this period? Yes, sadly--destroy.

Just the one gigantic act in itself in Noah's time leaves no doubt about it (the whole world destroyed but EIGHT people!)

The vast amount of Jews killed in Moses time(For example Korah and the multitude), directly by God's hand, and ONLY 2 escaped (over 20 years) into the promised land.

The complete destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah, except ONE family.

Let's not forget also, the large amount of slaying at the Lord's instruction of the cities and villages (Such as in Joshua's time).

"But to Israel he said, All day long I have stretched forth my hands to a disobedient and gainsaying people." (Romans 10:21)

I've heard, as I'm sure many others have that people often say , "The God of the Old Testament, can't be the God of the New Testament because of all the destroying He did to people." But yet, who is the One who has perfect justice? Who is the One who knows the ending from the beginning? Instead of doubting God's ways let's get on board and believe that ALL He does is right and just. The title --Destroyer does fit as Scripture says, yes, do I have a problem with what God does?-- No. Do I enjoy or like the fact that He has to destroy?--No.

"Do you think that I like to see wicked people die? says the Sovereign LORD. Of course not! I want them to turn from their wicked ways and live." (Ezek. 18:23)

"As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts."(Isaiah 55:9)

Last edited by Godsloveandlaw; 01/29/14 04:27 PM.
Re: Some signs will happen again? [Re: kland] #161012
01/29/14 04:40 PM
01/29/14 04:40 PM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: kland
I'm sorry, but I don't see you addressed this.

Don't you see that the action of the angel in Rev. 8 reflects the action of the seraphim in Is. 6? They are both "cleansing the servants of God (the sanctuary)" by "fire"; and sending them out to declare the word of God.

///

Re: Some signs will happen again? [Re: Godsloveandlaw] #161035
01/30/14 08:37 AM
01/30/14 08:37 AM
jamesonofthunder  Offline
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
" And from this fact it follows that as He is "the Word" (the Bible in human form), His Hebrew name, Abaddon, is also the name of the Old Testament Scriptures, and His Greek name, Apollyon, is also the name of the New Testament Scriptures.

Abaddon, Christ's name in the Hebrew, signifying Him as a "destroyer," shows that in the Old Testament period He simply destroyed many of His enemies; whereas Apollyon, His name in the Greek, signifying Him as an "exterminator," shows that in the New Testament period He will exterminate all the wicked. (What beautiful precision of connotation in these symbolic appellations!)

I'm sorry Godsloveandlaw but I had to reread this several times to make sure I wasn't misreading this but are you trying to say that Abaddon and Apolyon are Jesus? Are you being genuine or is this a joke?

I need to clarify this.

If that is the case and you are trying to say Jesus is the character Abaddon in Revelation, I truly think you are mistaken.

“The Third Angel’s Message. Its Basis in the Seven Trumpets” Advent Review and Sabbath Herald 77, 36, p. 568.

THE first four of the Seven Trumpets, as we have seen, mark the ruin of the Western Empire of Rome, and the planting, in its place, of the peoples that formed the nations of Western Europe to-day.

The fifth and sixth trumpets, likewise, mark the ruin of the Eastern Empire of Rome, and introduce the peoples by whom that ruin was accomplished, who are the modern nations of Eastern Europe and of Asia.

“And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit. And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit. And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power. And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads. And to them it was given that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented five months: and their torment was as the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a man. And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them. And the shapes of the locusts were like unto horses prepared unto battle; and on their heads were as it were crowns like gold, and their faces were as the faces of men. And they had hair as the hair of women, and their teeth were as the teeth of lions. And they had breastplates, as it were breastplates of iron; and the sound of their wings was as the sound of chariots of many horses running to battle. And they had tails like unto scorpions, and there were stings in their tails: and their power was to hurt men five months. And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon [“that is to say, a destroyer,” margin].” Revelation 9:1-11.

This trumpet covers a period of eight hundred and seventeen years,—A.D. 632-1449,—and shows the rise and work of the Mohammedans in the destruction of Eastern Rome—first the Arabian Mohammedans and later the Turkish Mohammedans. Of this Albert Barnes remarks that, “with surprising unanimity, commentators have agreed in regarding this as referring to the empire of the Saracens, or to the rise and progress of the religion and the empire set up by Mohammed.” We can not see how any one who will ready the prophecy, and Gibbon’s history of Mohammed and his successors in the light of it, can disagree with the application of the prophecy to the Mohammedans.

The term “bottomless pit,” which denotes the place of their rise, is from the Greek word abussos, and signifies a waste, desolate region. And to any one who will read Gibbon’s chapter L, paragraphs 2-5, the significance and aptness of the term as applied to Arabia will readily be discerned.

The vast hordes of the Mohammedans are shown under the symbol of a cloud of locusts; and in verses 7-9 the meaning of the symbol is made plain by the words, “The shapes of the locusts were like unto horses prepared unto battle; ... and the sound of their wings was as the sound of chariots of many horses running to battle.”

As to that which was “commanded them,” the history witnesses thus: “Remember that you are always in the presence of God, on the verge of death, in the assurance of judgment, and the hope of paradise. Avoid injustice and oppression, consult with your brethren, and study to preserve the love and confidence of your troops. When you fight the battle of the Lord, acquit yourselves like men, without turning your backs; but let not your victory be stained with the blood of women and children. Destroy no palm trees nor burn any fields of corn. Cut down no fruit trees, nor do any mischief to cattle, only such as you kill to eat. When you make any covenant or article, stand to it, and be as good as your word. As you go on, you will find some religious persons who live retired in monasteries, and propose to themselves to serve God that way; let them alone, and neither kill them nor burn their monasteries. And you will find another sort of people, that belong to the synagogue of Satan, who have shaven crowns; be sure you cleave their skulls, and give them no quarter till they either turn Mohammedan or pay tribute.”—“Decline and Fall,” LI, par. 10.

And, says the Scripture, “Their power was to hurt man five months.” Five months are one hundred and fifty days; this, being prophetic time,—a day for a year,—equals one hundred and fifty years, during which they were to hurt men.

This one hundred and fifty years is to be counted from the time that they had a king over them, as says verses 11: “They had a king over them.... whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon [“a destroyer,” margin].” For more than six hundred years the Mohammedans had no regularly organized government, and recognized no such dignitary as that which answers to the title of king. Each tribe, under its own chief, was independent of all the others, and came and went as it pleased. While this was the case, it is evident, and it is the fact too, that their character as “a destroyer,” was not, and could not be, such as it was after they were solidly united in one government, under the sway of a ruler recognized by all.
This is made more apparent when it is seen what was to be destroyed by this “destroyer.” The first four trumpets show the ruin of the Western Empire of Rome; and the fifth relates to the destruction of the Eastern Empire. And it is in the character of the destroyer of the last remains of the Roman Empire that this power acts. It was not as a destroyer of men as such, for of them it is said “that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented five months,” “and their power was to hurt men five months.” It is evident, then, that this character and work as “a destroyer,” relates to the final destruction of the Roman Empire, which was then represented in the Eastern Empire, with the capital at New Rome—Constantinople.

Othman was the caliph who established the organized government of the Mohammedans, and from him descended the name and title of the Ottoman Empire. It was under the organized power of Othman that the work of the destroyer began.

The work of destruction, then, which was to subvert the last remains of the Roman Empire, began July 27, 1299, and never ceased till the imperial power passed into the hands of Amurath, July 27, 1449. {ARSH September 4, 1900, p. 568.19}

And “one woe is passed; and, behold there come two woes more hereafter.” {ARSH September 4, 1900, p. 568.20}

Do you see the fulfillment of this prophecy historically? The prophecy was a time prophecy that was fulfilled and you want to change the meaning into confusion?

Look at this quote again very carefully because, Jesus= Apolion? man...

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: Some signs will happen again? [Re: jamesonofthunder] #161036
01/30/14 10:57 AM
01/30/14 10:57 AM
C
Charity  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
I can't go into it now, but examining the locusts to see whether they are the forces of good is worth the time. I'm undecided. Regarding the time elements, Godslove, if you give the trumpets a future day for day application it could work. If you put them in the past only the day for year can apply in my opinion and I don't think this will work for the locusts as the forces of good.

Page 5 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 23 24

Moderator  dedication 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/16/24 02:17 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by kland. 05/17/24 04:47 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!