HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,596
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 14
kland 9
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, 1 invisible), 3,313 guests, and 14 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Malachi and the Sanctuary #164314
04/15/14 08:06 PM
04/15/14 08:06 PM
dedication  Online Content OP
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Dear Readers:
Malachi reveals God's end time message of judgment and mercy to cleanse His people from their sins.

Especially are the chapters of Malachi 3 and 4 important to study! Its message is very relevant to our times.
Quote:
As a people and as individuals we need to have a deeper sense of our duty to God and our responsibility to the world. There should be more earnest study of the Scriptures. I have been deeply impressed with the importance of studying the book of Daniel in connection with the smaller prophets, especially Malachi. And we need to give careful attention also to the lessons taught in the building of the tabernacle and the temple, and in the temple service. Through the prophets God has given a delineation of what will come to pass in the last days of this earth's history, and the Jewish economy is full of instruction for us. {RH, November 10, 1896 par. 11}

Mal. 2.17 You have wearied the Lord with your words. Yet you say, wherein have we wearied him? When you say, everyone that does evil is good in the sight of the Lord, and he delights in them: or you ask, where is the God of judgment?

Sound familiar? People do not believe that God is a God of justice and judgement as well as a God of love.

In chapters one and two we read that the Israelites during this post exile time were going through the rituals of their religious ceremonies. They were offering their sacrifices and performing their religious "duties". However, they were missing the spiritual connection and meaning. They were offering blind lambs and defective animals to God. They weren't really living according to God's moral laws either. They seemed to have considerable trouble with their marriages. Yes, they had been cured of idol worship, but they were misinterpeting God's laws so they could break them under the pretense of keeping them!

From a cultural view, these people (Jewish people) weren't notoriously bad sinners and they considered themselves quite righteous, especially as they compared themselves to the heathen. But they were sinning grievously in the eyes of God.

They wonder why God doesn't visit judgment upon those they deemed to be the wicked -- the heathen. Their words implied, If God is a God of judgment why doesn't He punish the heathen? The heathen enjoy undisturbed prosperity so God must delight in them. Maybe we'd be better off just being like the heathen? (3:14-15) Thus they go through their religious routines without heart and without meaning.

Re: Malachi and the Sanctuary [Re: dedication] #164315
04/15/14 08:28 PM
04/15/14 08:28 PM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
3:1 Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me: and the Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the LORD of hosts.

Malachi's messages points to Christ's first coming. John the Baptist is the messenger to prepare the way. Then Jesus the Prince of the covenant (see also Daniel 9:27, 11:22) would come to their temple.
Near the beginning of ministry, Christ throw out the money changers from the temple (John 2:14) and again near the end of His ministry. (Luke 19:35)

Quote:
In the cleansing of the temple, Jesus was announcing His mission as the Messiah, and entering upon His work. That temple, erected for the abode of the divine Presence, was designed to be an object lesson for Israel and for the world...In cleansing the temple from the world's buyers and sellers, Jesus announced His mission to cleanse the heart from the defilement of sin,--from the earthly desires, the selfish lusts, the evil habits, that corrupt the soul. "The Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to His temple, even the Messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, He shall come, saith the Lord of hosts. But who may abide the day of His coming? and who shall stand when He appeareth? for He is like a refiner's fire, and like fullers' soap: and He shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver: and He shall purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver." Malachi 3:1-3. {DA 161.1}

Yet, Malachi's message also points to the end of time when Christ would enter the heavenly sanctuaries courtroom.

Mal. 3:1 Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me. The Lord shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom you delight in; behold, he shall come.

In 1844 the people though Jesus was coming to earth in glory. The coming of the Lord to His temple was sudden, unexpected. They were not looking for Him there. The coming of Christ as our high priest to the Most Holy Place, for the cleansing of the sanctuary , brought to view in Daniel 8:14; the coming of the Son of man to the Ancient of Days, as presented in Daniel 7:13; and the coming of the Lord to His temple, foretold by Malachi, are descriptions of the same event, the beginning of the investigative judgment.

Quote:
They (Millerites) had expected him to appear in glory to give reward to his servants. As their hopes were disappointed, they had lost sight of Jesus, and like Mary at the sepulcher they cried, “They have taken away my Lord, and I know not where they have laid him.” ...
Both the prophecy of Daniel 8:14, “Unto two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed,” and the first angel's message, “Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his Judgment is come,” pointed to
Christ's ministration in the most holy place, to the investigative Judgment, and not to the coming of Christ for the redemption of his people and the destruction of the wicked....
Christ had come, not to the earth, as they expected, but, as foreshadowed in the type, to the most holy place of the temple of God in Heaven. He is represented by the prophet Daniel as coming at this time to the Ancient of days: (Dan. 7:13) This coming is foretold also by the prophet Malachi. “The Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the Lord of hosts.” [Malachi 3:1.] The coming of the Lord to his temple was sudden, unexpected, to his people. They were not looking for him there. They expected him to come to earth. GC88 page 242

Reminds me very much of Revelation 14:6-7 --A messenger flying through the air announcing the gospel and "the hour of His judgment is come."

3:2 But who may abide the day of his coming? and who shall stand when he appeareth? for he [is] like a refiner's fire, and like fullers' soap:

These next words ask the question "Who may abide the day of His coming?" Who shall stand; as a fire separates the metal from the dross?

For he is like a refiner's fire, and like fullers soap; and he shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver; and he shall purify, and purge them as gold and silver, that they may offer unto the lord an offering in righteousness. (3:2-3)

He shall sit --
Note the parallel with Daniel 7 "The ancient of Days took His seat. . .the judgment was set and the books were opened. Note the parallel with Ps. 79:9 "Help us O God and purge away our sins for they name sake." Heb. 9:14 "Christ shall purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God."

God sees the hearts of people — He wants to cleanse, purify and refine our characters. This is very biblical! This is the purification that must take place as we surrender our lives to Christ. This is the heart searching that was required of the Israelites on the day of atonement — this is the work of sincere repentance that is accomplished as the Holy Spirit is allowed to work in our lives.

Quote:
He is like a refiner's fire, and like fullers' soap: and He shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver: and He shall purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver, that they may offer unto the Lord an offering in righteousness." Malachi 3:2,3 4 22 {CCh 54.7}

God leads His people on, step by step. He brings them up to different points calculated to manifest what is in the heart. Some endure at one point, but fall off at the next. At every advanced point the heart is tested and tried a little closer. If the professed people of God find their hearts opposed to this straight work, it should convince them that they have a work to do to overcome, if they would not be spewed out of the mouth of the Lord. 23 {CCh 55.1}

Re: Malachi and the Sanctuary [Re: dedication] #164317
04/15/14 08:39 PM
04/15/14 08:39 PM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Then shall the offering of Judah be pleasant unto the Lord. (3:4)

This is what Romans 12:1-2 is talking about — presenting ourselves a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is our reasonable service. Not conforming to worldly things but being transformed by the renewing of our minds so we can proof what is good and acceptable and perfect according to the will of God.

Through the grace of God and co-operation with the leading of the Holy, they must be overcomers in the battle with evil.
"While the investigative Judgment is going forward in Heaven, while the sins of penitent believers are being removed from the sanctuary, there is to be a special work of purification, of putting away of sin, among God's people upon earth." {GC 425)

Romans 8:13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Malachi continues with his message from God: I will come near to you to judgement: and I will be a swift witness against (your sins) saith the Lord (3:5)

God has declared through His prophet that He will cleanse His people from their iniquities. In all who submit to His power the Spirit of God will consume sin. But if people cling to sin, they become identified with it. Then they themselves will be consumed.

For I am the Lord, I change not; therefore you are not consumed.(3:6)

We are not consumed now because a God of love is giving us time to come to Him for cleansing.

Quote:
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night;in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
3:11 [Seeing] then [that] all these things shall be dissolved, what manner [of persons] ought ye to be in [all] holy conversation and godliness,

God has given us a choice — by rights we are all guilty and deserve death — but He has offered to cleanse us through His blood and through the purging of our hearts from sin. "Come," He says, "let us reason together, though your sins be as scarlet they shall be white as snow — wash you make you clean; put away the evil of your doings; cease to do evil . . .if you are willing and obedient you shall live ---but if you refuse and rebel you shall be devoured" (Isaiah 1:16-20)

Return to me and I will return to you says the Lord almighty.(3:6)

How shall we awaken the people? Dreadful scenes are before us; Satan and his agents are bringing all their powers against God's people. He knows that if they sleep a little longer, he is sure of them, for their destruction is certain. Awake! Return with your whole heart to the Lord and He will cleanse and fit you for heaven.

Re: Malachi and the Sanctuary [Re: dedication] #164352
04/17/14 03:48 AM
04/17/14 03:48 AM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
But the people said, wherein shall we return? Will a person rob God? Yet you have robbed me! You are cursed with a curse for you have robbed Me, even this whole nation. (3:7-9)

Can a person rob God? How can we rob God? By applying the things He has reserved for Himself to our own use — be it money or time. We rob God by taking the hours He has sanctified and made holy and using them for our own pleasure and purposes! (Is. 58:13-14)

Now listen to what the people say in response to God's message — we have probably heard these thoughts in our modern day as well:

"It doesn't pay to serve God. What profit is there in trying to keep God's commandments? It just makes one mournful. We've changed our concepts. We see that the proud are happy, they that continue in sin are doing great, they that tempt the grace of God by sinning will be delivered." (3:14-15)

God declares You have spoken stout or presumptuous words against Me" (3:13)

Two classes of people appear when Christ "comes suddenly to his temple" to cleanse.
Above we noted the first class who say --It doesn't pay to serve God. It's too hard, too much of a sacrifice.

But then another class of people are brought to view:

They that feared God spoke often to each other and the Lord listened and heard and it was recorded in the books of heaven --for those who feared God and thought upon His name. (3:16)

Yes, there are record books in heaven from which we will be judged! The judgment was set and the books were opened. (Dan. 7:10) There are names written in the book of life (Phil 4:3)
"The LORD said unto Moses, whosoever has sinned against me, him will I blot out of my book." (Ex.32:33) But, the overcomers, clothed with Christ's righteousness will not have their names blotted out, their names will remain forever in this book (Rev. 3:5) Those that defile and work abomination do not enter heavenly kingdom, only those whose names are written in the Lamb's book of Life. (Rev. 21:27)

All who desire to have their names in that book need to respond to urgings of the Holy spirit and come to Christ in repentance and honest dedication of heart and soul to Him. They need to encourage one another in the walk with God— speaking often with each other about the things of God.

Re: Malachi and the Sanctuary [Re: dedication] #164386
04/18/14 04:06 AM
04/18/14 04:06 AM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada

And they shall be mine, says the Lord of hosts, in that day when I make up my jewels; and I will spare them, as a man spares his own son that serves him. (3:17)

What a wonderful promise! He will blot out the sins of the repentant sinner from the books, so they will not stand against us.(Is. 43:25)
He will present their names before the Father and the multitude of angels and NOT blot out their names from the book of life! (Rev. 3:5) They will be clothed in His righteous garment of white and walk with Him (Rev. 3:4)
He will work out His righteousness in us if we invite Him unreservedly into our lives. We are very precious to Him. Like precious jewels, but just like with precious jewels the real beauty is not revealed without a refining process first.

Our prayer should be:

Psalm 51:2 Wash me thoroughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.
51:3 For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin [is] ever before me.
51:4 Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done [this] evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, [and] be clear when thou judgest.
51:5 Behold, I was shapen in iniquity, and in sin did my mother conceive me.
51:6 Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden [part] thou shalt make me to know wisdom.
51:7 Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.

Then you will discern between the rightous and the wicked. (3:18)

Now the lines are blurry — many profess to be Christians but do not live in accordance to Christ's ways — but the day will come when there will be a clear distinction — the sheep will be separated from the goats — the wheat from the tares.

Quote:
Prosperity multiplies a mass of professors. Adversity purges them out of the church.--4T 89 (1876).
The time is not far distant when the test will come to every soul. The mark of the beast will be urged upon us. Those who have step by step yielded to worldly demands and conformed to worldly customs will not find it a hard matter to yield to the powers that be, rather than subject themselves to derision, insult, threatened imprisonment, and death. The contest is between the commandments of God and the commandments of men. In this time the gold will be separated from the dross in the church.--5T 81 (1882)

Re: Malachi and the Sanctuary [Re: dedication] #164433
04/19/14 10:38 PM
04/19/14 10:38 PM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Malachi 4:1 For, behold, the day is coming, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: and the day that is coming shall burn them up, saith the LORD of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch.
4:2 But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall

Two groups, and only two are pictured in the end.

The reference to "wings" reminds us of Jesus words:
Matt. 23:37-38 how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathers her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!
Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.

Safety and healing is when we place ourselves under the "wings" of God.

Also of interest is that Malachi speaks of TWO fires:

God promised a fire for His people (Malachi 3:2-3) a fire to refine and purify them, and here in Malachi 4:1 He promises a fire for the wicked. But there is a big difference between the refining fire applied to God’s people and the burning fire against the ungodly.

THE REFINING FIRE BURNS SIN OUR OF OUR LIVES:

As EGW writes: "God wants His people to be a holy and powerful people. When the spirit of holiness and perfect love abounds in the heart, working in those who profess the name of Christ, it will be like a refining fire, consuming the dross and scattering the darkness." {1T 232.2}

And Peter writes:
"That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 1:7

The refining furnace is to remove the dross and sin from our characters.

On the other hand there is the consuming fire of Malachi 4.
A fire that consumes all who have not placed themselves under the protective, healing wings of the Savior.

4:3 And ye shall tread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I shall do [this], saith the LORD of hosts.

Mal. 4:3,4 gives us the joyous assurance that those who reverence the name of God and remember the law, will have the Sun of righteousness arise with healing and they will grow up to the image of God in which God created mankind in the beginning.

There is no need to experience the fire that removes sin forever.

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/25/24 09:37 AM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/24/24 02:15 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!