HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,597
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 15
kland 9
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
4 registered members (Karen Y, Daryl, dedication, 1 invisible), 3,315 guests, and 15 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Time of trouble = Jacob's Trouble [Re: kland] #160081
01/07/14 02:11 AM
01/07/14 02:11 AM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: Elle
I don’t see where in the Bible Jacob had this “IMMENSE faith in God” that you talk about in those beginning 98 years of his life. What the Bible describes is a man that contended with his brother & Laban all his life. It was the Lord’s mercy on Jacob by sending him an Angel that got him out of that rut he was in.

Sometimes, we need to meditate on the word of God, think deeply about matters, search diligently within ourselves for the answers we seek.

///

Re: Time of trouble = Jacob's Trouble [Re: kland] #160083
01/07/14 02:18 AM
01/07/14 02:18 AM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: kland
Well that would mean that one couldn't say some thing started in September of this year or in October, but the year would start at different times at different places. Unless one were to hold Jerusalem sacred and need to send people over there to find out when the "year" starts.

The success of the gospel in all the world was due to its independence of culture. It carried only two rites with it: baptism and the communion. And it's message was one of love and faith: the principal example of which was Jesus Christ. Beyond that were only the Pharisaic demands of a foreign people. Often times, Christianity got bogged down by unnecessary and weighty matters, contrary to the light, lithe and urgent message Jesus intended for the world to be made manifest through the life of His evangelists.

///

Last edited by James Peterson; 01/07/14 02:20 AM.
Re: Time of trouble = Jacob's Trouble [Re: kland] #160093
01/07/14 01:44 PM
01/07/14 01:44 PM
Rosangela  Offline
5500+ Member
Brazil
Quote:
Well that would mean that one couldn't say some thing started in September of this year or in October, but the year would start at different times at different places. Unless one were to hold Jerusalem sacred and need to send people over there to find out when the "year" starts.

Yes, it would mean that, and this was precisely what happened - that is, messengers were sent to Jerusalem to inquire as to the beginning of the year (and of each month).

Re: Time of trouble = Jacob's Trouble [Re: dedication] #160216
01/10/14 10:10 AM
01/10/14 10:10 AM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
Excellent post, dedication.

Re: Time of trouble = Jacob's Trouble [Re: Mountain Man] #160523
01/18/14 12:22 PM
01/18/14 12:22 PM
His child  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
The USA has not formed an image to the beast. The Papal Roman Wound has not been healed. Sunday Laws are not being enforced. The sealing of the 144,000 has not started. The shaking of Seventh-day Adventists has not started. The little time of trouble has not started. Probation has not closed. The seven last plagues are not being poured out. Jacob's time of trouble has not started. The great time of trouble has not started.

Bro MM

In Revelation 13 the second beast is the image beast
But when the descriptions of the papal beast (13:1-10) are compared to (13:11:18) the beasts do not look anything alike.
From the obvious differences, some might conclude that the image beast (second beast) does not look like the first beast (papal beast).

But though the description of the first beast is not given in the same terminology as the second beast, the second appears as the first. How so?

The papacy is clothed in lamblike garb.

Originally Posted By: GC 571.1
The Roman Church now presents a fair front to the world, covering with apologies her record of horrible cruelties. She has clothed herself in Christlike garments; but she is unchanged.

The second beast presents itself as being lamblike, as does the papacy.

The second beast is depicted as having 2 horns. The papacy now has 2 horns (popes: Francis & Benedict the retired).

The image to the beast is now formed on that level.
Is it completely formed? No

Is there more to come? YES

Has the Papal Roman Wound been healed?

John-Paul II received his wound and it was healed-he survived and he died 42-monghs after 9/11/01. And in the interim Reagan healed the papal wound by recognizing JPII as head of state. and Bush I recognized him as the "world's moral leader" which was akin to making the pope the head of all the churches.

Are Sunday Laws being enforced?

Not the universal Sunday Law. But there are pockets where Sunday Laws are being enforced. Waiting for Sunday Law enforcement is like the people in Noah's day waiting for the rain to start before they see the necessity to go into the ark.

Has the sealing of the 144,000 started?

Originally Posted By: ExV54 6.3
I saw the rapidity with which this delusion was spreading. A train of cars was shown me, going with the speed of lightning. The angel bade me look carefully. I fixed my eyes upon the train. It seemed that the whole world was on board; that there could not be one left. Said the angel: "They are binding in bundles ready to burn." Then he shewed me the conductor, who looked like a stately fair person, which all the passengers looked up to and reverenced. I was perplexed, and asked my attending angel who it was. Said he, "It is Satan. He is the conductor in the form of an angel of light. He has taken the world captive. They are given over to strong delusions, to believe a lie that they may be damned." This agent, the next highest in order to him, is the engineer, and others of his agents are employed in different offices as he may need them, and they are all going with lightning speed to perdition. They are binding in bundles ready to burn. I asked the angel if there were none left. He bade me look in an opposite direction, and I saw a little company traveling a narrow pathway. All seemed to be firmly united, and bound together by the truth, in bundles, or companies. Said the angel, "The third angel is binding them (sealing them) in bundles for the heavenly garner.

Has the shaking of Seventh-day Adventists started?

Originally Posted By: CCh 338.5
I asked the meaning of the shaking I had seen, and was shown that it would be caused by the straight testimony called forth by the counsel of the True Witness to the Laodiceans. This will have its effect upon the heart of the receiver, and will lead him to exalt the standard and pour forth the straight truth. Some will not bear this straight testimony. They will rise up against it, and this will cause a shaking among God's people. The testimony of the True Witness has not been half heeded. The solemn testimony upon which the destiny of the church hangs has been lightly esteemed, if not entirely disregarded. This testimony must work deep repentance, and all that truly receive it will obey it and be purified.

Has the little time of trouble started?

Originally Posted By: EW 85, 86
"The commencement of that time of trouble," here mentioned, does not refer to the time when the plagues shall begin to be poured out, but to a short period just before they are poured out, while Christ is in the sanctuary. At that time, while the work of salvation is closing, trouble will be coming on the earth, and the nations will be angry, yet held in check so as not to prevent the work of the third angel.

9/11/01 should teach us something:

Originally Posted By: Testimonies, vol. 9, p. 11
The days in which we live are solemn and important. The Spirit of God is gradually but surely being withdrawn from the earth. Plagues and judgments are already falling upon the despisers of the grace of God. The calamities by land and sea, the unsettled state of society, the alarms of war, are portentous. They forecast approaching events of the greatest magnitude. The agencies of evil are combining their forces, and consolidating. They are strengthening for the last great crisis. Great changes are soon to take place in our world, and the final movements will be rapid ones.

The wheat and tears grow together until the harvest. Likewise when the Bridegroom comes the foolish virgins and the wise virgins are separated one from another.

"Ignorance is sin, when knowledge can be obtained" (HR, September 1, 1866 par. 3). www.loudcry101.com
Re: Time of trouble = Jacob's Trouble [Re: His child] #160540
01/18/14 05:23 PM
01/18/14 05:23 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
His Child, as always, thank you for sharing your views. I appreciate the kind and loving way you share.

Re: Time of trouble = Jacob's Trouble [Re: Mountain Man] #162195
02/22/14 06:35 PM
02/22/14 06:35 PM
His child  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
His Child, as always, thank you for sharing your views. I appreciate the kind and loving way you share.

I appreciate the thought provoking questions you ask.

By God's grace we must always remember not to ever join ranks with the "accuser" of the brethren. As a sinner, I long to help other saints toward the kingdom without ever discouraging even one.

Sabbath
blessings
HCH

"Ignorance is sin, when knowledge can be obtained" (HR, September 1, 1866 par. 3). www.loudcry101.com
Re: Time of trouble = Jacob's Trouble [Re: His child] #164421
04/19/14 09:00 AM
04/19/14 09:00 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Originally Posted By: His child
Are Sunday Laws being enforced?

Not the universal Sunday Law. But there are pockets where Sunday Laws are being enforced. Waiting for Sunday Law enforcement is like the people in Noah's day waiting for the rain to start before they see the necessity to go into the ark.

We are not to sit and watch/wait for such laws.

Originally Posted By: Ellen White
There are many who are at ease, who are, as it were, asleep. They say, "If prophecy has foretold the enforcement of Sunday observance, the law will surely be enacted;" and having come to this conclusion, they sit down in calm expectation of the event, comforting themselves with the thought that God will protect his people in the day of trouble. But God will not save us if we make no effort to do the work he has committed to our charge. We must be found faithfully guarding the outposts, watching as vigilant soldiers, lest Satan shall gain an advantage which it is our duty to prevent. We should diligently study the word of God, and pray in faith that God will restrain the powers of darkness; for as yet the message has gone to comparatively few, and the world is to be lightened with its glory. The present truth--the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus--has not yet been sounded as it must be. There are many almost within the shadow of our own doors, for whose salvation no personal effort has ever been made. We are not prepared for the time when our work must close. We must take a firm stand that we will not reverence the first day of the week as the Sabbath, for it is not the day that was blessed and sanctified by Jehovah, and in reverencing Sunday we should place ourselves on the side of the great deceiver. The controversy for the Sabbath will open the subject to the people, and an opportunity will be given that the claims of the genuine Sabbath may be presented. Blindness, disloyalty to God, so prevails that his law is made void, but the psalmist says of such a condition, "It is time for thee, Lord, to work; for they have made void thy law." {RH, December 24, 1889 par. 3}

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: Time of trouble = Jacob's Trouble [Re: His child] #164429
04/19/14 03:39 PM
04/19/14 03:39 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
"The present truth--the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus--has not yet been sounded as it must be." We must experience the truth. Then we can proclaim it. I suspect there are more people alive on earth nowadays who have no knowledge of "the present truth" than when Ellen White wrote the above.

Re: Time of trouble = Jacob's Trouble [Re: Mountain Man] #167939
09/04/14 10:20 PM
09/04/14 10:20 PM
His child  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
"The present truth--the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus--has not yet been sounded as it must be." We must experience the truth. Then we can proclaim it. I suspect there are more people alive on earth nowadays who have no knowledge of "the present truth" than when Ellen White wrote the above.

EGW also made a statement to the affect that if we put things off for another day, we may be a day too late.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator  Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/25/24 09:37 AM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/24/24 02:15 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!