HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,619
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 21
kland 9
Daryl 4
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, Nadi, 2 invisible), 3,401 guests, and 22 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 20 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 19 20
Re: Biblical predictions of Antichrist & Sunday Laws [Re: James Peterson] #166289
06/27/14 09:56 PM
06/27/14 09:56 PM
Rosangela  Offline
5500+ Member
Brazil
Quote:
Notice the contrast between those who believe that Jesus is the Messiah and those who neither "know God nor obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ"; and that it is the latter who are destroyed at the Second Advent.

2 Thessalonians 1:4-10 is not referring specifically to the antichrist, but to all those who will be destroyed at Christ’s coming. But you cannot interpret “those who do not know God and who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ” as meaning just non-Christians, otherwise only non-Christians would be lost at Christ’s coming, and this is not at all the case, as Jesus Himself showed us:

"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?' And then will I declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness'" (Matt 7:21-23).

Quote:
It is VERY evident then:
A. that those who do NOT receive the love of the truth are those who do NOT believe the truth
B. that those who do NOT know God are those who do NOT obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.
C. that they all are of the spirit of the "lawless one"

What is VERY evident is:
A. That among those who do not receive the love of the truth there are many Christians who disobey the truth
B. That those Christians who do not do “the will of My Father in heaven” obviously “do not know God and ... do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.”
C. That many Christians have the spirit of the “lawless one” and are called “workers of lawlessness”

Re: Biblical predictions of Antichrist & Sunday Laws [Re: James Peterson] #166291
06/27/14 10:17 PM
06/27/14 10:17 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
i.e., there are many christians who are not Christians.

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Biblical predictions of Antichrist & Sunday Laws [Re: jamesonofthunder] #166312
06/28/14 01:06 AM
06/28/14 01:06 AM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Originally Posted By: jamesonofthunder
You amaze me with your support of this pope.

How do I support Pope Francis?

Re: Biblical predictions of Antichrist & Sunday Laws [Re: APL] #166326
06/28/14 04:44 AM
06/28/14 04:44 AM
J
James Peterson  Offline OP
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: APL
i.e., there are many christians who are not Christians.

But THE Antichrist is a non-Christian. John, the prophet of The Lord said, "Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Messiah? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son." (1 John 2:22)

Only non-Christians say Jesus is not the Messiah.

///

Re: Biblical predictions of Antichrist & Sunday Laws [Re: kland] #166327
06/28/14 04:56 AM
06/28/14 04:56 AM
J
James Peterson  Offline OP
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: kland
Originally Posted By: James Peterson
Religious? No.

This is how Paul speaks of him: "the son of perdition, who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God." (2 Thes. 2:3-4).

This is someone who bluntly and blatantly challenges God. In the very temple of God he sets himself up as God Himself. In other words, as Pharaoh Rameses said, "Who is the Lord, that I should obey His voice to let Israel go? I do not know the Lord, nor will I let Israel go." The Antichrist is NOT A CHRISTIAN and is NOT RELIGIOUS, but the epitome of unadulterated Atheism.

///

If someone shows himself that he is God, are you saying he wasn't making a religious claim?

No. Paul says, "He sits in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God." He actually scorns religion and is challenging God to prove himself, saying in effect, that there is no God.

///

Re: Biblical predictions of Antichrist & Sunday Laws [Re: James Peterson] #166355
06/28/14 06:58 PM
06/28/14 06:58 PM
Rosangela  Offline
5500+ Member
Brazil
Quote:
But THE Antichrist is a non-Christian. John, the prophet of The Lord said, "Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Messiah? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son." (1 John 2:22)

Only non-Christians say Jesus is not the Messiah.

This is not true at all. First, John in this passage is speaking of Christians ("They went out from us" - v. 19).
Second, he is saying that the antichrist par excellence would deny that Jesus is the Christ, that is, the true Christ that was spoken of by all the prophets: a Christ that would be both true man (Gen. 3:15) and true God (Isa. 7:14); that would be the Savior of mankind, dying for their sins (Isa. 53:5, 6) and justifying those who accepted Him (Isa. 53:11); a Christ that would be the High Priest - Intercessor and Mediator - of mankind (Ps 110:4).

Anyone who denies any of these characteristics of Christ is an antichrist, but the negation would be stronger on the part of a Christian:

2Pe 2:1 But there were also false prophets among the people, even as there will be false teachers among you, who secretly will bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing on themselves swift destruction.

So I don't see any logic in the argument that the antichrist is a non-Christian.

Re: Biblical predictions of Antichrist & Sunday Laws [Re: James Peterson] #166428
06/30/14 03:38 PM
06/30/14 03:38 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Religious? No.

This is how Paul speaks of him: "the son of perdition, who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God." (2 Thes. 2:3-4).

This is someone who bluntly and blatantly challenges God. In the very temple of God he sets himself up as God Himself. In other words, as Pharaoh Rameses said, "Who is the Lord, that I should obey His voice to let Israel go? I do not know the Lord, nor will I let Israel go." The Antichrist is NOT A CHRISTIAN and is NOT RELIGIOUS, but the epitome of unadulterated Atheism.

///

If someone shows himself that he is God, are you saying he wasn't making a religious claim?

No. Paul says, "He sits in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God." He actually scorns religion and is challenging God to prove himself, saying in effect, that there is no God.

///
No, you aren't saying he wasn't making a religious claim? That is, you ARE saying he was making a religious claim? But it sounds you intend he wasn't making a religious claim.

Why does the antichrist challenge God to prove Himself? Because he sits as God. He demands worship due to God. Do you say pharaoh and Egypt was not about religion. What about the controversy between God and satan, is what is under question, religious?

I think you are not distinguishing between religion and Christianity. What does "worship" mean to you when the Bible uses it as such: "and they worshipped the beast, "?

Re: Biblical predictions of Antichrist & Sunday Laws [Re: Mountain Man] #166701
07/08/14 05:32 AM
07/08/14 05:32 AM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
I wasn't saying it was or was not fulfilling prophecy. I was addressing that you said Sunday laws were not being enforced.

I do not believe Sunday Laws are being enforced in fulfillment of prophecy. Do you?

Originally Posted By: EGW
"Be sure the Sabbath is a test question, and how you treat this question, places you either on God’s side or Satan’s side. The mark of the beast is to be presented in some shape to every institution and every individual." (November 4, 1889)

Should we believe that Adventists will be confronted with Sunday laws as a direct confrontation to the word of God?
It was not that way in Eden. Why would Satan do a direct assault now?

"In Eden Satan used the serpent as his instrument. Today he makes use of the members of the human family, striving by means of every species of deception to hedge up the path of righteousness cast up for the ransomed of the Lord to walk in." {ST, May 29, 1901 par. 3}

"The mark of the beast is exactly what it has been proclaimed to be." (6T 17.1)

Through his agents Satan "deceiveth them that dwell on the earth" (Revelation 13:14). Where is the deception in a frontal assault?

Originally Posted By: Christ's revelation to John
"And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:" (13:16)

“The third angel is represented as flying through the heavens, proclaiming a message to the world. If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand, the same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God… [Revelation 14:9, 10]” (19MR 182.2).

“The beast with two horns ‘causeth [commands] all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads; and that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.’” (GC88 445.2)

Daniel and John explain that the 4 kingdoms (Babylon, Medo-Persia, Greece, and Rome) were the understanding of Daniel that sealed the validity of the prophecy. The endtime meaning that was unsealed when history met prophecy was that the 4 beasts depict 4 kings from the earth (Daniel 7:17)

The earth is identified in Revelation 13. The beast with the lamblike horns arises from the earth. The 4 earth-kings are presidents: Reagan, Bush I, Clinton, Bush II and Obama (the last 2 are as though they were one like pagan & papal Rome).

Some claim that Obama is Muslim claiming to be Christian.

Obama is compelling Christians to provide birth control against their religious beliefs... He lost that fight in court, but said that he would work around the court decision. That Supreme Court decision wrote into the law of the land that the religious beliefs of some (the employers) are better than those of others (the women employees).

Did you not notice that one of antichrist's characteristics is COMPULSION? He compels the world to receive his mark in their hand or forehead. Seventh-day Adventists that rationalize that buying into an Obama monetary system is not the Mark of the beast because it is not linked initially with the Sabbath question will be shocked when rapid changes link it. They can't opt out. They are overcome with despair. Then those Christians that refused to take the Mark of the Beast see it linked to Sabbath vs Sunday and they are enlightened to the Sabbath issue or convinced that it is ok because it uplifts Sunday sacredness.

“Those who become confused in their understanding of the Word, who fail to see the meaning of antichrist, will surely place themselves on the side of antichrist. There is no time for us to assimilate with the world. Daniel is standing in his lot and in his place. The prophecies of Daniel and of John are to be understood; they interpret each other. They give to the world truths which everyone should understand. These prophecies are to be witnesses in the world. By their fulfillment in these last days, they will explain themselves.” (PH068 15.1)

"Ignorance is sin, when knowledge can be obtained" (HR, September 1, 1866 par. 3). www.loudcry101.com
Re: Biblical predictions of Antichrist & Sunday Laws [Re: James Peterson] #166706
07/08/14 03:31 PM
07/08/14 03:31 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
His Child, interesting idea - the mark of the beast includes issues not tied to Sunday Laws. SDAs can receive the mark of the beast while sincerely, strictly observing the Sabbath. Never thought of it in that light before. Not sure I agree.

Re: Biblical predictions of Antichrist & Sunday Laws [Re: His child] #166709
07/08/14 07:29 PM
07/08/14 07:29 PM
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: His child

Should we believe that Adventists will be confronted with Sunday laws as a direct confrontation to the word of God?
It was not that way in Eden. Why would Satan do a direct assault now?

"In Eden Satan used the serpent as his instrument. Today he makes use of the members of the human family, striving by means of every species of deception to hedge up the path of righteousness cast up for the ransomed of the Lord to walk in." {ST, May 29, 1901 par. 3}

In Eden it was a direct confrontation to the Word of God?

Genesis 3:1 And he said unto the woman, Yea, did God say, You shall not eat of every tree of the garden?

What was God's word concerning the TEST?

Genesis 2:17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, you shall not eat of it: for in the day that you eat from it you shall surely die.

So yes, it was a direct attack on exactly the thing that God told them not to do.

The agents used to make the attack did not change the fact that it was a direct attack on what God had told them.

"If thou turn away thy foot from the Sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on My holy day; and call the Sabbath a delight, the holy of the Lord, honorable; and shalt honor Him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words: then shalt thou delight thyself in the Lord; and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth, and feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father: for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it." Isaiah 58:6-9, 13, 14.
This is our work. The light that we have upon the third angel's message is the true light. The mark of the beast is exactly what it has been proclaimed to be. Not all in regard to this matter is yet understood, and will
not be understood until the unrolling of the scroll; but a most solemn work is to be accomplished in our world. "The mark of the beast is exactly what it has been proclaimed to be." {8T 159}

True, Satan will try to sneak in this assault and to do his best to make it seem like a "godly" move rather than a confrontation on God's law.
We see this happening in the way the Sunday movement is now being pushed -- as a great family day -- save the family thing.
Don't be such a fundamentalist (they say) to think God is so particular as to a day, we need the peace and family strengthening element of a common day that focuses on Christ's love -- God wants us to follow the pope who is working to bring peace to the world.
Those are the sentiments the cunning serpent is now using to break down the resistance.

Don't be deceived -- it is a direct confrontation on GOD'S LAW and what we have been warned WILL BE THE FINAL TEST when all the world worships the beast rather than following the ONE WHO MADE HEAVEN AND EARTH (Rev. 14:7) in six days and sanctified and blessed the seventh day (Gen. 2:2-3) and placed it in the center of His commandments (Ex. 20) asking us to remember it.

God's saints are the ones who follow the LAMB, not the pope, and are defined as by "the patience of the saints: here [are] they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus." (Rev. 14:4,12)

“The third angel is represented as flying through the heavens, proclaiming a message to the world. If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand, the same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God… [Revelation 14:9, 10]” (19MR 182.2).

This will be the method to enforce obedience to the confrontation of God's law.

Now its quite true that things are being arranged right now that will make it extremely difficult for people when the test comes, and the more tangled up we get with government "tracking" things, the more difficult it will be then. But the SIGN of allegiance or "mark of the beast" or "the seal of God" will be manifest in whose laws we keep.

Romans 6:16 Don't you know, that to whom you yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants you are to whom you obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

"An apostate church will unite with the powers of earth and hell to place upon the forehead or in the hand, the mark of the beast, and prevail upon the children of God to worship the beast and his image. They will seek to compel them to renounce their allegiance to God's law, and yield homage to the papacy."
{RH, November 8, 1892 par. 7}

Originally Posted By: His Child
The earth is identified in Revelation 13. The beast with the lamblike horns arises from the earth. The 4 earth-kings are presidents: Reagan, Bush I, Clinton, Bush II and Obama (the last 2 are as though they were one like pagan & papal Rome).

Of course this is where we disagree. Having read your posts for a good 20 years now, it is interesting how your new definition of beasts has changed over the years with each new election.

Daniel's beast (chapter 7) rose from the sea. Just because the interpreting angel while explaining the symbols says those beasts represent kingdoms on earth does not give license to turn the explanation into new symbols.

The beast from the symbolic meaning of "earth" in Rev. 13 is the US, and we can trace the development of the attack on the constitution back further than Regan.
Even by the time of Clinton people were saying he was the last, and things were ripe for the end. Now of course it's even more "ripe"!

Is Obama the last? I don't know, he could be, but if he was to be say impeached (just goggle Obama and impeached and see how many are lobbying for that to happen) "to save America" things could go quite differently, and rapidly as well.

“Those who become confused in their understanding of the Word, who fail to see the meaning of antichrist, will surely place themselves on the side of antichrist. There is no time for us to assimilate with the world. .” (PH068 15.1)

Very important quote !!!
I find there are a host of confusing RE-INTERPRETATIONS being presented, -- attempts to confuse the understanding of the real issues that will come, by presenting other issues.

Page 9 of 20 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 19 20

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:39 AM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/30/24 10:34 PM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:07 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!